[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is there such virulent hatred between Sentai fans and Power
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Chaika, think.jpg (83 KB, 510x625) Image search: [Google]
Chaika, think.jpg
83 KB, 510x625
Why is there such virulent hatred between Sentai fans and Power Ranger fans? Why do people get so worked up over childrens' toy commercials?
>>
that's the sad truth, Sentai/Toku fans will always feel superiority, because it's the original material.
>>
>>14018315
Power Rangers fans stay quietly in their general and watch both, and occasionally a Sentai fan feels like they need an easy target to feel superior over their choice of children's TV shows and shitposts a bit.
>>
>>14018315
Same reason people hate Robotech.
>>
>>14018320
Pretty much this

If Doozy Bots was ever a thing, there would be a hatred between fans of that and Gundam as well
>>
>>14018315
Because once you've taken a side, you're obligated to be a colossal cunt to everyone on the other side. See /m/, /v/, /a/, /pol/, and real life for examples.
>>
>>14018315
A lot of sentai fans are pretty stuck up about the "inferior American bastardized version of sentai". And a lot of Power Rangers fans have an inferiority complex due to those fans.
>>
File: mweeee.jpg (98 KB, 623x499) Image search: [Google]
mweeee.jpg
98 KB, 623x499
>>14018315
>>
>>14018320
Yeah and at least Robotech locked down Macross for the longest time, and they stopped SRW@ from releasing, supposedly.
>>
>>14018393
Actually, /a/ deserves to be shat on. Same with /v/.

Which is to say, it's okay to call them out on their objectively poor quality of posters & content.
>>
>>14018315
>Why is there such virulent hatred between Sentai fans and Power Ranger fans?
same with robotech and macross but never with golion and voltron
>>
>>14018319
>Power Rangers fans stay quietly in their general and watch both
LIES
>>
>>14019005
I haven't honestly seen all that many Golion fans to make a rivalry with, that's probably the issue.

I mean, I know they exist, and I know of like one, but they're not common.
>>
>>14019005
That's because GoLion kinda sucks and doesn't have modern entries for dumb teens/manchildren to latch onto.
>>
>>14019068
>GoLion kinda sucks
lol no you
>>
Kamen Rider fans fight them both.
>>
you can't spell autism without /m/
though that applies to the entire board
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.