[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Tiger & Bunny /m/? What do you lot think of it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: tiger_bunny_poster.jpg (353 KB, 1047x1572) Image search: [Google]
tiger_bunny_poster.jpg
353 KB, 1047x1572
Is Tiger & Bunny /m/?

What do you lot think of it?
>>
>>14015170
It is, its awesome, and I love the MG Figurerises
>>
>>14015179
I finished it recently and I really enjoyed it. Loved the designs and characters in general.

I want a Wild Tiger figure-rise.
>>
S2 never even though it did really well
>>
File: 19883903_p0.jpg (195 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
19883903_p0.jpg
195 KB, 450x600
>>14015170
Tiger & Bunny is my favourite series, and I'm still waiting for S2 and the concert BD.
>>
I liked it a lot. It's easily my favorite anime from 2011 and one of my top five overall. The characters were all really charming and likeable (or love-to-hate-able in certain cases) and it had a really cool style to it.

Being Tiger is suffering.
>>
It had such great OPs and EDs. Kotetsu is moe.
>>
File: mj1601-105.jpg (1 MB, 1112x2385) Image search: [Google]
mj1601-105.jpg
1 MB, 1112x2385
>>14015329
Ron Howard Holywood movie when?

>>14016489
Nah, pretty much everything that ever happened to him was 100% his fault. He's getting better, though.
>>
>>14015170

It's great, and I loved the designs. One thing stood out, though.

The heroes aren't really fighters, are they? The robots were better than them in every way possible. If the machines hadn't been shut down, they would've been killed by the Wild Tiger-bots.

Then you have the movies, where the heroes are given the run-around by enemies with non-combat abilities. (Duplication, memory-wiping and line-of-sight teleportation).
>>
>>14017542
They're more like reality show stars/actors. They're supposed to sell inspirational, kid-friendly and wholesome image that makes their corporate sponsors happy. Even Heroes who could be very powerful and know it (see Barnaby and Ryan) have very limited options because they're not allowed to hurt the people they're catching. IIRC in the manga there was an episode when an injured Barnaby had to square off in total darkness against a psycho armed with explosives and a shotgun. Barnaby had to leave his powers off because a single kick would have smeared that guy's brains all over the floor.
>>
File: godot-chugs.gif (37 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
godot-chugs.gif
37 KB, 256x192
>>14015170
I didn't watch this yet, but why does this beard guy look like so much Godot ?
>>
>>14017716
Vests and shirts predate Godot by quite a few centuries.
>>
>>14017582
>>14017542
Hell, some Heroes like Blue Rose even have it in their contract that they're entertainers and little else.
>>
I watched it for the first time about six months ago and really enjoyed it. Great character designs, really solid animation overall, and an enjoyable storyline.
>>
>>14015170
Only good CGI /m/ anime.
>>
>>14022727
Which, considering its troubled production and shoestring budget, is really sad. Why are the anime studios so incompetent when it comes to CGI?
>>
File: TIGER...BUNNY.full.1803421.jpg (717 KB, 950x1000) Image search: [Google]
TIGER...BUNNY.full.1803421.jpg
717 KB, 950x1000
Bump
>>
>>14015170
>Is Tiger & Bunny /m/?
Slightly Power Armor, so it could be arguable.

I think it's /m/ though.
>>
awesome show and the movie was great too

no idea why its not getting a second season
>>
>>14017542

Those robots were pretty fucking strong. No amount of fighting skill was really going to help given the fact that even superstrength wasn't enough to put a dent in them under normal circumstances.

Its like, no matter how good a sword fighting you are, you still can't kill a tank in melee. At some point, technology just steamrolls you.
>>
>>14026964
>no matter how good a sword fighting you are, you still can't kill a tank in melee
You're saying that Valkyria Chronicles 2 lied to me?
>>
>>14027019

You lied to yourself, Anon.
>>
>>14026930

We had regular threads about it when it was originally airing and no one had a problem with it then.

Then again, that was also when people still regularly debated about whether or not toku is /m/, too, so...
>>
/m/ or not. It's still a great show. Watch it.
>>
File: mj_12-32.jpg (245 KB, 740x669) Image search: [Google]
mj_12-32.jpg
245 KB, 740x669
>>14026964
And the fact that the NEXTs aren't all that superstrong makes for some interesting situations. Forces them to use their head more.
>>
S2 when?
>>
>>14030681
Let's see what happens with that Hollywood project of theirs first. The stuff they said at the announcement sounded decent, but
>Hollywood adaptations
>>
>>14030690

This is one of the few hollywood adaptations I can see them not fucking up.

Nothing about Tiger and Bunny, with the exception of Kotetsu's name and fondness for fried rice, is all that Japanese. Most of the cast is western or multinational anyway, SternBild clearly isn't in japan, and I can't think of any obvious japanisms in the show.

The themes of X-men as reality TV Stars that are owned by corporations and act as walking billboards is just the sort of superhero parody with an anti-corporate message that America is ripe for. You might go with a different plot to condense for time, but there is nothing about the basics here that needs to be changed in translation.

Its always possible for them to take a good idea and make it shit, but this one shouldn't require them to change much, so it might actually succeed.
>>
>a literally who anime like Zegapain gets revived
>still no S2
I really don't get Sunrise.
>>
>>14034984

Tiger & Bunny is one of the proprieties which were moved to Bandai Namco Pictures, so a new season right now is on their hands.
>>
>>14030732
I just hope it actually HAPPENS and doesn't get lost and forgotten before pre-production.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.