[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ladies Night
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 9
File: bodacious.jpg (158 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
bodacious.jpg
158 KB, 1600x1000
Last week, /m/ helped me brainstorm a list of all /m/ shows where the main character is a woman and most of the cast is women. I put it all in a list, and I'd be much obliged if you'd read through the list and tell me:

Out of the shows you've seen on this list, which ones would you recommend, and which ones would you not recommend?

>6 Angels
>AKB0048
>All-Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku
>Battle Skipper
>Bodacious Space Pirates
>Bubblegum Crisis
>Burst Angel
>Cross Ange
>Dancouva Nova
>Dangaizer 3
>Dirty Pair
>Gall Force
>Geneshaft
>Gunbuster/Diebuster
>Hyper-Speed GranDoll
>Iczer
>Idolmaster Xenoglossia
>Kannazuki no Miko
>Kiddy Grade
>Kirameki Project
>Lamune FRESH
>Leda – The Fantastic Adventure of Yohko
>Magic Knight Rayearth
>Metal Fighter Miku
>Nanoha
>Neo Ranga
>Ore Twintail Ni Narimasu
>Power DoLLS
>Rin-ne no Lagrange
>Rocket Girls
>Sailor Victory
>Sakura Wars
>Simoun
>Sol Bianca
>Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo
>Space Pirate Mito
>Stellvia
>Stratos 4
>Strike Witches
>Soukou no Strain
>Tenamonya Voyagers
>Vividred Operation
>Z-Mind

Notes: (1) The definition of /m/ used in generating this list erred on the side of overinclusion. (2) Twintails is on here for now while I think about whether MC qualifies as a girl. (3) I see that Regalia anime is coming out in Summer 2016, but no one has seen it, so no on can recommend it.
>>
Frankly you should watch every single one and just drop them if you get bored and move on.

No other answer is acceptable.
>>
Space Pirate Sarah and Kangoku Senkan are quite /m/
>>
File: 1402703953272.jpg (171 KB, 930x523) Image search: [Google]
1402703953272.jpg
171 KB, 930x523
You missed one.
>>
>>14014317
You missed Symphogear. Of which I recommend the first two seasons

From the rest of the list, Bubblegum Crisis, Rayearth and Gunbuster are classics and for good reasons. Diebuster is in my opinion just as good as Gunbuster. Nanoha is good, with the second season being strongest. Bodacious Space Pirates is very good if sometimes slow paced. Rinne no Lagrange is decent-to-good, a fun comfy show with a weaker second season.

I do not recommend Cross Ange or KnM, and I'm sure most of /m/ would agree.
>>
>>14014418
>I do not recommend Cross Ange or KnM, and I'm sure most of /m/ would agree.
I disagree and you're no fun.
>>
>>14014403
Not sure if /m/ but it's a good show
>>
File: Fluffy Heaven.jpg (331 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Fluffy Heaven.jpg
331 KB, 1920x1200
>>14014403
I'm a GuP fan, but I never really thought it would pass /m/ standards. /k/ maybe.
That said, have some fluffy.
>>
>>14014423
Your opinion is different than mine and that's fine.

OP, you missed Galilei Donna but no surprise you did. It's both obscure and really bad.
>>
>AKB0048
Space terrorist aidoru adventures with song magic. What's not to love? It's Kawamori as fuck. Pic related
>Bodacious Space Pirates
Despite having an female MC in a skirt in space, you don't actually see any panty shots. They go into detail with the spaceship stuff like electronic warfare, they make good use of visuals to explain and show things, the electronic warfare sequences have simple animated sequences to show what they are doing, the radar scans are shown with a 'burst', etc. The space backgrounds though, absolutely beautiful.
>Nanoha
SRW disguised as a mahou shoujo.
>Ore Twintail
If you like toku, you'll like this, its also pretty fun.
>Sora wa Kakeru Shoujo
Space colonies fighting each other with space colony-sized swords. No joke.
>Stellvia
It's a very comfy show from what I remember. The OP is nice.
>>
>>14014394
The entire plot takes place on a space battleship. Has killer drones and stuff. Main characters are references to Murrue and Natale from Gundam SEED. 10/10 recommend watching with your best friends.
>>
waitaminute.

No Robot Girls Z?

wtf you doin', /m/
>>
>>14014452
>Despite having an female MC in a skirt in space, you don't actually see any panty shots.

Because she's eternally nopan
>>
>>14014394
>>14014418
>>14014441
>>14014483
I'll add them.

The list is up to about 50 shows, which is a lot more than I expected.
>>
>>14014317
Skygirls
Busou Shinki
Nanoha
>>
OP, you forgot Zeta Gundam.
>>14014424
Tanks are /m/, even cars.
>>
>>14014423

Here we go with the
>you just don't like fun!
stupidity again.
>>
>>14014394
>Kangoku Senkan
Why would you reccomend a shitty mind break rape hentai with two females and like 50 guys. Its not even one of the two well animated hentais.
>>
File: 1395023511238.png (222 KB, 500x315) Image search: [Google]
1395023511238.png
222 KB, 500x315
>Bodacious Space Pirates
God that was terrible
>>
>>14014483
Not /m/.
>>
File: 1240373680957.jpg (406 KB, 1210x1803) Image search: [Google]
1240373680957.jpg
406 KB, 1210x1803
Escaflowne,

Technically Hitomi is the main character.
But there isn't a lot of important female character.
counting Dilandau is cheating
>>
>>14015042
Kamille is a man's name!
>>
Season two of Mouretsu Privateers will be announced any day now, right?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.