[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished King Gainer, and holy shit this show is fantastic.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: kinggainer.jpg (128 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
kinggainer.jpg
128 KB, 1024x768
Just finished King Gainer, and holy shit this show is fantastic. The beginning was a bit hard to get into, but after Cynthia was introduced things just went uphill. What did /m/ think of it? Also general Tomino thread I guess.
>>
File: 1447208835643.png (104 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
1447208835643.png
104 KB, 500x366
C-Come on /m/ no need to be shy
>>
>>14012906
>holy shit this show is fantastic
If you ignore any attempt the show has at an actual plot and the way characters constantly switch moods and motivations at random then yeah I guess it is fantastic.
>>
>>14013000
Yes, it may not be fantastic on that level, but it's fantastic in the sense of a fun show.
>>
>>14013000
>If you ignore any attempt the show has at an actual plot and the way characters constantly switch moods and motivations at random then yeah I guess it is fantastic.

It's pretty easy to do that, since the show moves at a decent clip, and fixates on present events instead of constantly teasing payoffs for backstory elements and "lore" that will never live up to the hype. I don't need to know whose asshole got rimmed to develop the tech that went into Emperanza to know that it's strong, and the series is no worse off for leaving stuff like that up to speculation.
>>
KIIIIIING
KIIIIIIING
KIIIIIIINGU GAINER
>>
KIIIIIIIIIIINGU
KIIIIIIIIIIINGU
>>
OVERUMAN
>>
>>14012906
>The beginning was a bit hard to get into
Because Tomino dropped all terminology on your face without explaining anything and letting you catch on as the story unfolds.
>>
I think it's pretty solid but being a big fan of his older shows it didn't do very much for me.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.