[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is MGS Gundam ZZ worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9
File: ThirdNewtypeGundamProtagonist.jpg (41 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
ThirdNewtypeGundamProtagonist.jpg
41 KB, 640x480
Episode 10 currently and I'm questioning whether I should keep watching it.
>>
File: 6789.jpg (491 KB, 1257x1920) Image search: [Google]
6789.jpg
491 KB, 1257x1920
only quit if you have shit taste
>>
>>14012877

Nicely meme'd friend! ^_~'
>>
File: where is my sister.png (559 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
where is my sister.png
559 KB, 960x720
>>14012871
I really like everything starting from the desert part onwards, it was some nice worldbuilding that we had in 0079 but which was almost entirely absent from Zeta
>>
Any links to Gundam ZZ? I feel like a fucking pleb for ever streaming and wish to change my ways.
>>
>>14012916
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=660257
>>
>>14012871
For me ZZ didn't start until about episode 21 (when Haman shows up). Seriously those first 20 episodes were erased from my mind
>>
>>14012871
Keep going. Yes, even through the Moon Moon space aztecs part. By the time they get to the moon and bawling redhead it starts to pick up.

Granted, it's still Breakfast Club with gundams, but it gets less wacky by that point.
>>
ZZ doesn't get better, it's only downhill from the start.
>>
>>14012871
>10 episodes

Well you already saw Jewdough fight his hardest battle in the entire series. Don't say I didn't warn you, nothing really tops the construction robot.
>>
>>14012871
yeah i;m having this same feeling
>finish zeta, not as good as 0079 but still pretty cool
>excited to see how the still-present axis is dealt with and what the titan remnants will do
>get kiddo hijinks and a weirdly romantic knight guy
man what the fuck
>>
You bet it is.
>>
>>14012961
This is lies.
The first half was so repetitive
I didn't hate the end
>>
>>14012871
If you don't like something by the tenth episode then just stop watching it. Even if there's some magical good point a lot of the stuff that makes you hate it now will still be there so you'll still not enjoy it. Furthermore is it really worth sitting through hours of something you think is crap for the possibility it could get good in the future instead of just watching something else?
>>
File: 1457986846466.jpg (264 KB, 617x899) Image search: [Google]
1457986846466.jpg
264 KB, 617x899
>>14012871

only casuals and meme posters quit zz
>>
>>14013208
It's always better to see something yourself and form your own opinion, rather than remain ignorant and rely on the opinions of others.
>>
>>14012871
Do you actually dislike it? I honestly thought it was pretty good even early on. I didn't even think Moon Moon was bad, in fact i don't exactly understand why people hate those episodes.
But if you don't like it, it may not be worth your time...
>>
>>14013208
>>14013221
Alternatively, they could just skip to the supposed turning point and see if they like that any better. Can always go back and see the skipped portion later if they really want.
>>
File: 1458091099165.png (316 KB, 432x413) Image search: [Google]
1458091099165.png
316 KB, 432x413
>>14013221
It's already formed by the time you sit through ten fucking episodes. You're either a masochist or incredibly insecure over someone saying your opinion is shit here if you sit through 37 more episodes of something you already think is shit.
>>
>>14013229
That's what happens when people don't actually watch shows and rely on what other people say. Moon Moon was pretty darn retarded, but it wasn't legendarily bad as it was played up to be for a long time.
>>
This is one of those shows people really go "IT REALLY GETS BETTER AFTER EPISODE 40", and fuck it by that point. The first episode alone felt more of a insult than anything G-Reco or Destiny could have done.
>>
>>14013285
I still don't get why they count that as episode 1. It's basically just an infomerical for the series.
>>
>>14012926
ZZ is only really good during the earth arc. When the story returns to space it goes back to huffing Shangri-la gas; I don't think any part of UC could possibly be worse than Tigerbaum, and the ending is completely stupid.
>>
>>14012871
>MGS Gundam
Mobile Gundam Suit Gundam?
>>
ZZ is great. Not only is it an improvement on Zeta in pretty much every aspect, it also pisses off muh serious war drama autistic Zetafags like this guy: >>14013285
>>
>>14014032
>muh serious war drama
The thing is, 0079 was infinitely more of a fucking war drama than Zeta. It actually took place in a war, after all.
I genuinely don't see how Zeta is a war drama in any way.
>>
i remember the first 11 episodes are awful. gets much better after that.
>>
>>14012871
>MGS Gundam ZZ
lel
it becomes bearable after episode 15, watch it for roux and puru, obviously
>>
>>14013254
It was a fun kind of retarded at that.
I feel like you're spot on, all shitposting stems from this.
Zeta shitposting
ZZ shitposting
Turn A shitposting
08th shitposting

Hell, even 0079 gets it, at least the TV series, regarding the "salt", although 0079 magically escapes most criticism, along with 0080.

It's like the same handful of complaints every time and they always make ne scratch my head.
>>
ZZ is really boring until Puru is introduced and doesn't stop sucking until like the 22nd episode or so. The Earth arc is decent, everything afterwards is either terrible or mediocre but typically better than the first 20 episodes. 3-4/10 overall.
>>
>>14014573
I gave it an 8, a 7 or 6 might also be reasonable. I'd say a 3 or 4 is a bit harsh, ZZ certainly isn't far below average, but it's weaker than the prior two shows in the series. Honestly apart from a few hiccups it was about as good as SDF Macross for enjoyment,which was also silly and had some annoying characters and throwaway episodes.
>>
File: Hamam did nothing wrong.png (2 MB, 1211x899) Image search: [Google]
Hamam did nothing wrong.png
2 MB, 1211x899
>>
I haven't seen it but it really gets better in the second half. Much better than Zeta I'd say.
>>
File: 1436950761477.png (59 KB, 749x613) Image search: [Google]
1436950761477.png
59 KB, 749x613
>>14015618
>it was about as good as SDF Macross

ZZfags know no bounds to the shittiness of their taste,
>>
>>14015703
I disagree with your second point but the first point is fine.
>>
>>14016645
I'm not a zzfag though, I'm just neither a zzfag nor a Macrossfag. I see them for what they are, good.
Maybe i like SDF a little more because it's the apex of its own franchise, whereas ZZ is a bit of a letdown for Gundam, but both are good, yet not even close to perfect.
I wasn't baiting for the record, but nice try.
>>
>>14013090
did they fug?
>>
>>14013142
Wrong, ZZ is liking putting your hand into a fire and keeping it there. It only stops hurting halfway through because you burned away all your nerves.

Either way ZZ is now the meme series of /m/.
>>
>>14020829
I thought the colony drop scene was pretty good.
>>
ZZ is the best UC Gundam.
Only ZZ has characters I give a shit about.
>>
Puru is fucking gay and retarded.
Haman is ruined and made a joke of.
The villains are complete shit other than Mashymre.
The comedy in the first half is terrible.
The space opera in the second half is terrible.
It does literally nothing to progress or add to the UC story.

Complete dog shit. Only worth watching for the animation and MS designs.
>>
Why do I need to watch this before Char's Counterattack
>>
>>14025445
because robots fight

you're not watching this shit for the plot or some other stupid crap, right?
>>
File: 1405920372952.jpg (46 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1405920372952.jpg
46 KB, 640x480
Short answer: No.

Long answer: Fuck No.

Even at its best, ZZ is laden with tedious characters and a plot that totally pussies out on doing anything interesting 99% of the time.
It gets extra shit points for managing to give Haman a really weak ending and doing fuck all with Bright apart from having him cheat on his wife.
>>
>>14012871
It gets better after Moon Moon.

I enjoyed all of ZZ even the silly parts
>>
Mashmyre Cello is everything good about Zeon.

Glemy Toto is everything bad about Zeon.

If you disagree, fight me like a man!
>>
>>14013285

G-Reco was good, though. The only thing wrong with it was that there was no reason why everyone couldn't just live on Earth.
>>
>>14014069

Kamille is a one-man war.
>>
>>14013219
only shitposters and newfags watch ZZ
>>
>>14014505

I hated the entire desert sequence in 079 because it could be summed up as "Amuro fights a smallish group of Zeon troops who are trying a new tactic to beat the Gundam and failing miserably" no matter which random desert episode you pointed to...but I actually liked the salt episode. That's a completely realistic concern for a big ship with a lot of impromptu crewmates to feed, it felt satisfyingly realistic that even the crew of this huge spaceship needed salt to survive.

The fact that 079 would tell you who was going to die in the preview for the next episode was inexcusable, though.
>>
>>14025594
That was the norm back then, and it continued well into the 90s.
>>
>>14025603

No wonder I have an almost conditioned reflex to skip previews and compulsively turn things off the moment I'm sure they're over. I must have subordinated my memories of that time and programmed myself to avoid spoilers.
>>
Sometimes I wonder if the purpose of ZZ was to poke fun at how silly Zeta was
>>
>>14025603
>That was the norm back then, and it continued well into the 90s.
Yep. But at some stage anime studios realised that it is better to release misleading previews, no previews at all, or even hide the name of the episode in TV guides just to disguise the event that is coming.
>>
>>14025594
The desert sequence has ups and downs, but it's not ny favorite part either. The series really starts flying just after it.
>>
>>14012871
i watched till episode 7
i couldn't take it

i'm sorry /m/
>>
>>14012871
i wonder what the hell was in tomino's head when he made this
after zeta it feels like a slap in the face
>>
I just finished watching the movie version of gundam. Do I watch the zeta movies next or the whole series?
>>
>>14012871

Lol hasn't watched all of UC

>2016

Is it summer already?
>>
>>14025544
>doing fuck all with Bright apart from having him cheat on his wife.
>implying Bright fucked that chicken
>>
>mfw people say glemmy was supposed to be char originally
in what universe would that have improved the story
>>
>>14032755
Because he would have completed his rivalry with Amuro. They were both in the OP, remember? He wouldn't have acted like Glemy with Char's skin on.

Although the way ZZ treats some characters, it's impossible to say for sure.
>>
>>14012871

between episodes
1: not worth it
2-3: probably worthy
4-17: not worth it
18-36: worthy, the best arc
37-47 worthy, but not as good
>>
>>14027424
whole series
>>
The main problem with ZZ is that it has the worst main cast imaginable, try and imagine how it would've turned out with any other main cast, it'd be much better in any case, fucking Jiron would've made ZZ the best UC
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.