[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished the Big O and the ending was just retarded. Which
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: wutnigga.gif (683 KB, 213x210) Image search: [Google]
wutnigga.gif
683 KB, 213x210
Just finished the Big O and the ending was just retarded. Which is a shame because the second season was pretty good for the most part. The build-up of suspense and the general change of atmosphere as the series progressed were handled very well. Then the ending happened and I felt like Pic Related. Are there any other /m/ animes with lackluster endings to an otherwise good show?
>>
The creators never really planned an ending to Big O, but Cartoon Network, which funded the second season, demanded there be an end to the mystery, which is why we got that weird whatever that was.
>>
>>14011528
Came here to post this.

Executives gonna meddle.
>>
>>14011528
>executives demand an end
>creators cave
why? why not just leave it ambiguous or unfinished, lie to execs if you have to but why cave? what are they going to do, cancel your cancelled show?
>>
>>14011619
They did leave it ambiguous.

>lie to execs if you have to
1) Big O literally didn't do well in Japan since it was on a niche channel that almost no one had. And CN was the only one that was willing to pony up the cash.

2) If they screwed them it would literally screw up the relationship not just between the director and CN, but between Sunrise and CN.
>>
>>14011639
Literally?
>>
>>14011517
The only bad part was the epilogue they changed from the planned one.
>>
>>14011619
>turning down opportunity for employment

They don't just cease to exist or go into a suspended animation when theyre not making TV shows.

They've got mouths to feed at home.
>>
>>14011517
near as I remember the rumor was that season 2 was greenlit and season 3 was on the table and nearly a guarantee

so the studio played up the weird story and gave it all a vague ending so they'd have something to expand on in season 3

then a few studios and personalities within CN threw a fucking fit about CN funding foreign animators and filling their prime blocks with anime

so the money for season 3 was diverted to stuff like tom goes to the mayor and 12oz mouse.
>>
>>14011953
>so the money for season 3 was diverted to stuff like tom goes to the mayor and 12oz mouse.

12oz mouse was interesting to watch after watching Big O knowing that it was apparently a parody of The Big O. Even has a similar twist and had an ending which was planned on being continues but left hanging as well.
>>
>>14011953
THERE WAS NEVER AT ANY POINT, BY ANY ENTITY, THE SLIGHTEST PLAN FOR A THIRD SEASON OF THE BIG O.

FUCK THE HELL OFF BACK TO YOUR TVT BULLSHIT MILL.

FUCK.

MY CAPS KEY IS BROKEN. FUCK FUCK FUCK.
>>
>>14012899

Did the Production staff ever elaborate on it? As far as I know they only ever went on record saying they had no plan beyond season 1 and only wrote long arc because it was one of the demands of season 2.
>>
>>14011953
Yeah that rumor keeps popping up and every time the story goes that the money was directed to (insert show you hate here). It's just a bullshit story to troll people.
>>
>>14013541
it makes sense if you know anything about the climate inside of CN at the time, the people at Williams Street mainly Keith Crofford, and Mike Lazzo.

IIRC one of the commentaries for sealab or aqua teen back in 2003-4 ish, one of the production guys made a reference to their bosses bitching out CN for wasting money on japanese garbage
>>
File: bigocreatorinterview.jpg (1 MB, 1284x2896) Image search: [Google]
bigocreatorinterview.jpg
1 MB, 1284x2896
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.