[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any 60's anime series fully subbed, /m/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: hehe.png (187 KB, 643x481) Image search: [Google]
hehe.png
187 KB, 643x481
Are there any 60's anime series fully subbed, /m/?
>>
Dororo will be via Discotek soon, though the /m/ content is almost nonexistent.
>>
>>14009015
He's kind of mechanical in a primitive way if you think about it
>>
>>14008989

okay so Im torn. On one hand I want to call out the blatant jingoism, on the other hand though I REALLY like "You're Under Arrest"
>>
>>14009040
I guess that, by virtue of the plot, it's a show that starts out barely being /m/, and becomes increasingly less /m/ as it goes on.
>>
>>14009621
To be fair, Japan's police are on a high stratum than most countries just because of their relative lack of shooting people
>>
>>14009820

It's not hard to be effective policemen when there's a police box like every 500 ft.
>>
>>14009837
also because society is generally less of a shithole

like, there was little to no looting or general crime after the earthquakes a few years ago, and the yakuza were carrying out their own rescue and supply efforts to help civilians
>>
Pretty sure Mach Go Go Go, and Kimba the white lion have subs floating around for them.
>>
>>14009854
>also because society is generally less of a shithole

I mean objectively yeah, but people think about it too negatively.

At the end of the day, we have it going pretty darn good in the US these days when it comes to crime. The bad places are still bad, but even they aren't as bad as they were 20 years ago. Used to be that grown men were afraid to be out at night in NYC, that's not the case now.

>like, there was little to no looting or general crime after the earthquakes a few years ago, and the yakuza were carrying out their own rescue and supply efforts to help civilians

That's different. It's the result of Japan not having multiple groups that see each other as competing and not working together.
>>
>>14010092

well we also have many times there population
>>
Does the live-action Giant Robo show (the one that was made into Johnny Sokko) have subs?
>>
>>14010094
The difference is just collectivist instead of individualist people with a helping of honor and shame on the side. Wash it down with an "it can't be helped" and "I'll take responsibility". There, you have very little crime even in a very population-dense part of the world.
>>
>>14010094
>well we also have many times there population

Only 3 times, it's not like a giant multiplier
>>
>>14009854
>the yakuza were carrying out their own rescue and supply efforts to help civilians
They did that to earn the rebuilding contracts from the huge boost of PR. They made so much money because of that.
>>
>>14009854
>the yakuza were carrying out their own rescue and supply efforts to help civilians

By that you mean rounding up local bums and homeless people and making them, almost at knifepoint, clean up dangerous places without appropriate training or equipment. While admittedly paying them sums that were not insignificant for the bums but chump change for the yakuza.

It's not too different from what the Soviet Union did after the Chernobyl meltdown, only somewhat less dangerous and like the other anon said, yakuza made a lot of good PR on that.

It's still true that Japan doesn't have that much looting and people in general hold their shit together better in time of crisis but it shows another problem of theirs - enforced group think. When there's a bad situation, you better help others and make yourself useful - or else WE will make you useful!
>>
>>14010106
Nope. Ambassador Magma's doesn't have any either.
>>
>>14010106
For what it's worth the Johnny Sokko dub isn't bad. iirc there's some time edits but not much else except one time the narrator declares how that clearly dead character might come back because whatever.
>>
>>14008989
SEKAI ICHI
>>
>>14010424
>When there's a bad situation, you better help others and make yourself useful - or else WE will make you useful!

I can think of a bigger problem with enforced group think, and it's that it can be very different to fit a round hole if everyone wants to use a square peg.
>>
>>14011662
>it can be very different to fit a round hole if everyone wants to use a square peg

What do you even mean? Also, the obvious solution is to either have a really big hole, a really small peg, or to force the peg into the hole.
>>
>>14010092
>we have it going pretty darn good in the US these days when it comes to crime
actually no, if you compare it to shittholes yeah sure, but for a 1st world country it's pretty bad.
>>
>>14011684
>or to force the peg into the hole.

das rape
>>
>>14011689
>but for a 1st world country it's pretty bad.

Is it? Used to be that crime was a gigantic problem in every major city, in most of the city itself?

Now? A lot of the cities are nothing like what they used to be, and those that still have bad crime usually have it in the "bad parts of town". The places that are overall bad, have always been that way.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.