[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking for some recommendations. What do you guys feel are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: mecha-animes (1).jpg (100 KB, 640x420) Image search: [Google]
mecha-animes (1).jpg
100 KB, 640x420
Looking for some recommendations.

What do you guys feel are the best that the 70s had to offer in the mech genre That isn't gundam 0079
>>
>>14008625
Mazinger, Getter, Robot Keiji, and Kikaider manga. Actually, if it's by Ishinomori, Yokoyama, Nagai, or Ishikawa, then it's worth mentioning.
Zambot
Daitarn
Romance Trilogy
>>
>>14008655
Even groizer x
>>
Daimos.
>>
Is Pyscho Armor Govarian subbed?
>>
>>14008625
>What do you guys feel are the best that the 70s had to offer in the mech genre That isn't gundam 0079

None. The super robot genre came of age in the 1980s+. Unless you've watched 70s era robot shows when you were a kid and hence had some kind of nostalgic attachment to them, you will feel the pain. Watching them is like having a dentist take out a couple of molars without any anesthesia.
>>
>>14013572
>I watch Mazinger once it was bad. All 70's is bad.
kek
>>
>>14008625
>mech
I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as a Mech, is in fact, メカニカル, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Mecha. Mecha is not a genre unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning concept made manifest by the existence of vehicles, military equipment and of course, robots, comprising a full concept as defined by MAHQ.

Many posters use a modified definition of the メカニカル term every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of メカニカル which is widely used today is often called Mech, and many of its posters are not aware that it is basically the Robotech term, developed by Harmony Gold.
>>
>>14008879
Groizer isn't a manga baka!
>>
>>14013572

Now this is as shining an example of shit taste as one could ever hope to find on /m/, made all the more hilarious by the fact that this anon is stupid enough to think the 80s and beyond were any better.

>>14013577

It does have a manga though, to be fair.
>>
File: raideen.jpg (71 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
raideen.jpg
71 KB, 500x500
>>14008625
The 70's mecha were exclusively what became known "super-robots"..."monster-of-the-week" series for kiddies. That said, there was a lot of energy and fast pacing that fell away in later decades. The giant-robot designs were simplistic, and mechanically awkward at best, but weirdly fun. Recommendations for the best of this riotous mayhem would be the Mazinger featurettes (all 7), the Brave Raideen series, Combattler V, General Daimos, and Zambot 3. The fledgling genre would indeed re-invent itself in the 1980's, starting w/ MS Gundam.
>>
>>14008625
Although it's live action, Super Robot Red Baron is good fun.

>>14013519
Only a handful of episodes so far (though it is 80s).
>>
>>14013615
>Now this is as shining an example of shit taste as one could ever hope to find on /m/, made all the more hilarious by the fact that this anon is stupid enough to think the 80s and beyond were any better.

Here take _|_ up your ass. That should calm you down a little bit hopefully.
>>
>>14008655
>Romance Trilogy

There's four of them.
>>
>>14014230
Nobody but the Italians and Japanese remember Daltanius, boss.

Oh wait, maybe the hardcore fans count as well?
>>
>>14014235
Luurah certainly does. He's the only one who is trying to start/finish a sub project for it.
>>
>>14014235
>maybe the hardcore fans

You're on /m/.

And most "fans" who aren't Italian or Japanese wouldn't even remember it's a trilogy if not for that combo in Alpha 3.

>>14014239
Assuming current pace, he'll be done by 2017. Which is good, because Daltanius is a good show.
>>
>>14014260
>>14014239
Eh, fair points, I suppose.
Now I'm curious if that sub will ever be done.
>>
>>14014235
>Nobody but the Italians and Japanese remember Daltanius, boss.

Italians don't give a fuck about Daltanious. Last time Dynit published the whole series it was an epic failure. Even among the old time faithful hardcore types.
>>
File: 03824144.jpg (49 KB, 309x400) Image search: [Google]
03824144.jpg
49 KB, 309x400
>>14014260
>Assuming current pace, he'll be done by 2017. Which is good, because Daltanius is a good show.
He did say (if not outright swear) that he would finish it this year. That is, assuming Dai Apolon doesn't slow him down too much and he does more than at least one update a month.
>my face if the last episode comes on New Year's Eve
>>
>>14014214
>_|_

Typing like an underage doesn't help anybody. No reason to get pissy just because somebody called out that anons garbage opinion.
>>
>>14014260
>You're on /m/.

That means nothing, since /m/ has about five "hardcore" fans at the most.
>>
>>14014847
I'm being polite and going to a worse scenario. At it's current pace, it'll be 2017, but early 2017, which is entirely bearable considering its progress for the three years prior to last.

>>14014984
That's still a bigger % hardcore mecha fanbase than most places on the English speaking internet.
>>
>>14015819
No, it isn't.
>>
>>14015819
>At it's current pace, it'll be 2017, but early 2017, which is entirely bearable considering its progress for the three years prior to last.
Well, that's fair enough. At least Dai Apolon might be finished by then.
>>
>>14015823
No, he's completely right. /m/ is the most knowledgeable English speaking place when it comes to mecha. You're welcome to actually post something tangible like another community.
Not only that, but I've been to mecha communities that speak Italian and Spanish. Let me tell, they don't know anything for the most part. There are a few with their heads screwed on straight, but most of them are fairly casual. Mecha is more common in those areas of the world, so the fans tend to be less hardcore. But if you're an English mecha fans, chances are you're fairly into it since it's a very niche thing here.
>>
>>14013576
Well that's a new variant. Needs a little work though.
>>
>>14016698
There're several flavors in the archive.
>>
>>14014230
It did not air back to back like the trilogy. That's the sole reason why it's called a trilogy. Get over it.
>>
>>14015859
As a whole, no. We do probably have a higher concentration of people who know their shit but per capita is the only one I would vouch for.
>>
>>14016748
You are nonsensical.
>As a whole, no
So you disagree
>We do probably have a higher concentration of people who know their shit
And then you agree.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.