[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New mecha anime announced, Rebirth Storage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8
File: rebirthstorage.jpg (631 KB, 3000x1902) Image search: [Google]
rebirthstorage.jpg
631 KB, 3000x1902
http://rsproject.jp/index.html
https://youtu.be/pCT2Fw-M4FI

Thoughts?
>>
File: charlieroseastraightupbusta.jpg (48 KB, 560x373) Image search: [Google]
charlieroseastraightupbusta.jpg
48 KB, 560x373
>>14006713
>main girl has glasses

it's shit

robot looks neat
>>
This one the one that had a poll for people to decide what series they were most interested in, if none of you remember. It also might have been rigged.
>>
>>14006713
Finally, smooth CG
The robot looks cool and the character design reminds me of Eureka 7 so I'll probably watch it.
>>
>>14006713
Looks like generic garbage.
>>
I'm already bored by just looking at those high school uniforms.
>>
>>14006713
What do you guys think this will be a clone of?
>>
>>14006713

>main girl has glasses

Sure, I'm in.
>>
>>14006739
A shame, too; a few of the other concepts in that poll seemed pretty interesting.

Oh well, at least the CGI seems good.
>>
>>14006762
eva, with a hint of code gayass
>>
>>14006762
valvrave and Ibo
>>
>>14006764
Which one did you like the most?
>>
>>14006777
Not him but Star Storks or whatever it was called was probably the most interesting one.
>>
>>14006713
>Thoughts?

The image doesn't bode well for the show. It has written angsty teenage bromance, unrequited romance all over it. No thanks, Aldnoah.Zero was enough shit to last for a lifetime.
If it's a mecha show WHY THE FUCK IS THE ROBOT IN BACKGROUND ? That tells you all you need to know.
>>
File: no hope.jpg (32 KB, 599x537) Image search: [Google]
no hope.jpg
32 KB, 599x537
>>14006782
>>
>>14006782
>WHY THE FUCK IS THE ROBOT IN BACKGROUND

To be fair to it, the robot being in the background is a fairly common thing in /m/ stuff both new and old.
>>
>>14006782

Because robots are really big. If the robot was in front of the humans you'd just see, like, a foot.
>>
>>14006735
>>main girl has glasses
>
>it's shit
How about you bring your subhuman tastes to a different place.
>>
>>14006766
This

That mech looks very science fantasy
>>
>>14006795
enjoy your genetically deficient waifu
>>
>>14006713
Another school setting, just what I always wanted.
>>
>>14006777
Probably Dean Drive. Its concept wasn't quite as outlandish as some of the other ideas pitched, but it seemed well thought out and had the foundation for a solid execution, which is what really matters.

This, on the other hand, struck me as the exact opposite - an interesting, fairly original idea that probably wouldn't hold water in actual execution. But I'm still holding out hope that it'll be good. I'll be watching it, at least.
>>
>>14006790
>Because robots are really big. If the robot was in front of the humans you'd just see, like, a foot.

Sure and there were people that thought IBO was good from the marketing material (they were in delusion mode). Images convey a lot, and this one makes it pretty clear the robot is not the core of the show. Which leaves angsty teenagers and their stupid relationships. No thanks.
>>
>>14006815
Wew lad
>>
>>14006819
he's right though
>>
>>14006761
What would you rather have them wear?
>>
>>14006739
Oh THAT ONE
fuck this

>>14006777
journey to the west with mechs
initial d with mechs
>>
>>14006788
They should at least be in the center of the shot and not way in the back.
>>
>>14006777
Xenoglossia 2 electric boogaloo.
>>
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-02-28/mechatsuku-contest-finalist-videos-preview-5-potential-mecha-anime/.85469

Let us reflect on what could have been with the other contestants.
>>
Looks pretty generic based on that one teaser.

Also already vomiting because of the fucking CG.
>>
>>14006831
Like anything else.
Generic school uniforms are the creative rock bottom of Japanese character design.
>>
>>14006843
First and Last.
Parkour Mechs KUHRAYZEE rides and Intergalactic Bodyguard Mecha Shippers were the only correct answers.
But as always, Japan and its shit taste managed to ruin yet another potential show.
>>
>>14006859

There was a decent chance the poll was rigged anyway. Or at least, weird shit happened with votes in the last one or two hours.
>>
>>14006826
Wew lad.
>>
>>14006843
Star Storks > Dean Drive / RS > DeadEndSpark > Enthusiast

Star Storks looks like it could be the mecha version of Steven Universe; a comfy space adventure about a kid being raised by three A.I.s struggling with parenting whilst fending off threats. Could be heart warming.

Dean Drive has ZOE-style mecha and a fairly generic premise, but looks like it could be a solid show like MJP or Buddy Complex.

RS has stronger mecha designs, but the plot mystery just feels like it'll be disappointing and go the conspiracy route. Would watch for battles but not expecting it to wrap up well.

Not really feeling it for DeadEndSPark nor Enthusiast.
>>
So it's MC a girl?
>>
File: 1.jpg (25 KB, 300x263) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
25 KB, 300x263
>>14006750
>Finally
>thinking that's "smooth"
>>
>>14006843
The whole thing was a shit show. It's like having to choose between the least ugly sister to fuck.

Dean Drive is as DeviantArt as you could get with it's grotesquely unoriginal premise and mecha design that is on par with Sonic recolors. Glad that one didn't succeed.
DeadEndSparks doesn't even have a strong enough synopsis or trailer to make a judgement from.
Star Storks is sorta interesting at first, but then the premise goes fucking stupid when they find humans who hate robots and decide to play the role of evil robots because, I dunno, it's fucking retarded.
Enthusiast was neat, but I don't really get the idea of it as an anime when they kept talking about how customization was a key feature. Sounds better suited as a video game.
RS at least has something of a workable plot to work with, and that's really it.
>>
>>14006713
Main mech looks like something out of FSS.
>>
>>14006843
All of these would have been rubbish, and that alone is probably giving them too much credit.
>>
>>14007115
I had to squint my eyes really hard, crop out most of the image, place a mosaic on top of it, convert it to grayscale, distort the image in Photoshop, but, yeah, I can see it.
>>
>>14006739
>RS Project
Oh no. Everyone knows how this ends, so no point bothering to watch it.
>It also might have been rigged.
Seriously, does any Japanese viewer out there actually WANT this? Looks to me like the creators want edge as much as possible (never mind that Schwarzesmarken has enough of that).
>>
>>14007147
>Seriously, does any Japanese viewer out there actually WANT this?
All I remember is that Dean Drive was winning with a pretty wide margin, and RS was in one of the last places. Then, a couple hours before it ended, RS somehow got several thousand votes allowing it to overtake Dean Drive. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but still.
>>
>>14007147
I remember Dean Drive in the lead and then RS magically gaining like hundreds of votes at the last second
>>
>>14006815

You're making a lot of presumptions based on a single image.
>>
>>14006713
I desperately want it to be good but I have no hopes for it already.
>>
>>14006713
>shoujo Cherno Alpha
>>
>>14006800
Eugenics are trash.
>>
>>14006843
Star Storks looked the most promising IMO but the aesthetic doesnt match what I envisioned.

Dean Drive looks generic as shit. Girl Shinji and ZOE mechs but with run of the mill SOL.

Enthusiast has an interesting premise but the mecha design looks awful.

Dead End is dead in the water for me
>Chuuni protag.

Rebirth Storage sounds like it won entirely on default because everything else was bad or not fleshed out enough.
>>
>>14006713
It's gonna be a 60m OVA
https://youtu.be/9UspNDZqWls
>>
>>14006815
>and this one makes it pretty clear the robot is not the core of the show.
Gee, like every fucking piloted mecha anime ever?
Go tell /a/ about how you kind of like Gurren Lagann but don't consider it a "real" mecha anime.
>>
>>14007279
> ZOE mechs

This is one of the things that I really disliked about Dean Drive. It's one thing to take inspiration from preexisting designs and aesthetics, but then there's Chinese Bootlegs territory.
At least all the other series, even Enthusiast, put effort to make their designs not look like flagrant plagiarism.
>>
>>14006713
Isn't that from that one competition where amateurs were supposed to come up with a mecha plot and the best would have a professional studio make an anime out of it?
I remember that all entries were shit and most were actually submitted by pros.
>>
>>14007105
>>14007120

What kind of ideas would you have preferred instead?
>>
>>14007847
As vague as it sounds, "good ones."

>>14007105 sorta touches on it a bit, but a lot of them are either under developed or sorta lose themselves along the way. Star Storks, for example, turns into robots versus humans for a really asinine reason, while deadEndSparks doesn't even have much of a synopsis to it.

None of them really have a set goal in mind for what they are doing, and those that do are either really awkward in the animated medium, such as Enthusiast, or are just way too weak and worthless, like Dean Drive.

It would have been better if more of the options were either more developed or more inspired.
>>
pls rate my OC
>>
>>14006739
Might have been? RS quintupled in votes over the last 2-3 days while Deandrive's votes just fucking FROZE.

Fuck this grimderp retarded shit.

I think it's gone with the archives but TE actually translated the entire story proposal and it was fucking retarded.
>>
>>14007105
>DeadEndSparks doesn't even have a strong enough synopsis or trailer to make a judgement from.
The entire story was in the proposal. There were some big "mindfuck" twists (you think MC is the guy you see in flashbacks but it turns out he's a clone of that guy, who is now the villain) that are just too tryhard and cringeworthy.

RS is pretty much the same thing, hurrr the robot is eating the girl's memories poor girl OH WAIT SHE'S NOT FORGETTING THINGS I AM! MIND= BLOWN POOR GIRL IS DEAD WAHHHH NOW I MUST FIGHT TO THE DEATH BAD END fuck this retarded shit.
>>
>>14007825
>most were actually submitted by pros.
It was RS or DES that was actually made by industry pros, forgot which one.

Dean Drive is literally made by college kids on Pixiv.

Enthusiast was made by some guy who works for Tamiya, Star Storks was by an old (like 50-60) illustrator who does stuff for card games.

They had Tomino come on to the special and he praised Dean Drive the most.
>>
>>14007990
>They had Tomino come on to the special and he praised Dean Drive the most.
I'm willing to bet he got furious over RS winning, since it may have reminded him of the time he worked on Victory Gundam.
>>
>>14008015
He praised all of them except Star Storks which he said was too old-fashioned.
>>
>>14008028
Oh. Well, SS does seem similar to Saiyuki/Journey to the West, to an extent.
>>
>>14006713
who is the writer/director?
>>
>CGI mecha
I wish they'd stop.
>>
lol holy shit /m/ are the biggest fucking bunch of pusses ive ever seen.. congrats on sinking beneath both /a/ and /v/ in terms of overall faggotry. a 30 second pv really demands zero expectations because its 30 seconds. and honestly for a bunch edge lords who watch anime about giant fucking robots youve got a laughable sense of identity if you think youre allowed to make judgements about anything
>>
>>14008081
Except we already know the story, twist, and so-on.
>>
>>14008102
We know the fucking ending, pussy MC pussies out when he discovers the truth and the girls run off to fight on her own, by the time he pulls himself together she's gotten herself killed because girls are shit pilots and he goes wahhhhh and fights on his own and dies.

This show is garbage. We already know this.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.