[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2016 >Still thinking a person can survive a nuclear explosion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 15
File: tumblr_mc2di07RoL1rdqm8po1_500.png (197 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mc2di07RoL1rdqm8po1_500.png
197 KB, 500x375
>2016
>Still thinking a person can survive a nuclear explosion
>>
>>14002279
But Kira is not a person, he's an Idea. And Ideas are nuke-proof
>>
>>14002279
Nothing ever works out the way it should in Seed
>>
that depends on the range you're talking about right?

also why are you mentioning seed in 2016? are you japanese?
>>
>>14002361
japanese are anglos of asia
>>
>>14002279
of course one can survive a nuke by being submerged in icy water(which absorbs heat) while the explosion's plane is parallel to the water surface(thus ,away from blast radius),as per animu physics
>>
>>14002279
Depending on various conditions, you can to a certain extent
It ain't pretty though
>>
N-jammers stop all nuclear reactions and they're all over the world
>>
This is kira yamato we are talking about anon
>>
>>14002457

At least they didn't forget that part of the settings.

Still, either the range of each Jammer is extremely large, or one was dropped per square kilometer to have that kind of coverage.
>>
>>14002457
Depends which survival we're talking about.

Surviving the Aegis detonation? That wasn't a nuclear engine, that was a battery.

Surving Freedom? There's people who'll argue no part of Freedom exploded, it was simply ripped apart by the shockwave off the Tannhauser and he really did turn off his N-Jammer Canceller in time to prevent anything else.
>>
>>14002279

So does that make this guy like, double jesus?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsutomu_Yamaguchi
>>
>>14002279
Didn't he have his fingers on the N-jammer canceler button to deactivate it before he went down?
>>
>>14002484
a little bit of both, I think?

I don't recall seeing any in the show except for the ones that appear in backstory, and they're said to have been dropped in so large a number and in such deep spots that it's unfeasible to go disarming them, they'd rather just fit NJCs on nuclear power stations to get them up and running again

maybe they're hard to find and detect as well, seeing as they also kill radar and radio waves (I assume that includes ground penetrating radar)
>>
>>14002503
so what?
>>
>>14002497

The explosion from the Tannhauser was so small. How can you get that explosion mixed up with the massive explosion that happened when the Freedom was impaled.

Furthermore, the Tannhauser is used multiple times in the series and has never created a huge blast that happened when the Freedom blew up
>>
>>14002540
there is still a remnant of the tannhauser energy beam pointing straight at the source of the explosion wave

if the freedom blew up, why is the torso still intact?
>>
>>14002540
>>14002557
the smoke from the explosion is also coming far away from where the freedom and impulse were standing
>>
>>14002557
>>14002562
>.avi

The remasters are perfectly fine, you know. If you're going to watch a shitty show at least watch it in high definition
>>
>>14002562
and from this angle you can't deny that the explosion smoke cloud is far from the impulse
>>
>>14002565
I have the TV broadcast, DVD episodes, and remaster episodes all on my hard drive

I used to post the remaster first, but people would say shit like "that's been edited since it originally came out"

the tannhauser's lingering energy beam trail is even clearly pointing towards the source of the explosion
>>
>>14002578
>I used to post the remaster first, but people would say shit like "that's been edited since it originally came out"
Oh, makes sense. My bad
>>
>>14002566
and don't forget, that shot establishes that the bits and pieces of freedom are floating near to the impulse and the smoke is coming from elsewhere
>>
>>14002578
>>14002566
>>14002562

Please tell me why every other time the TahnnHauser was shot, it failed to create a stupidly large explosion
>>
>>14002613
because it hit the water. Murrue and Natarle talked about this way back in SEED. that's why the Loengrins were not fired in Earth.
>>
final thing I'll post for tonight

minerva was chasing archangel with the tannhauser, right? so the ship was pointed straight at archangel the entire time

in slow motion it's easy to see, you see the tannhauser energy trail and the minerva pointing straight at the explosion wave
>>
>>14002621
>>14002627

Oh right. Because A Tahnhauser being shot into the water causes an explosion.

Please watch below starting @15 min mark. Clearly shows the explosion that resulted from the Tahnauser being fired at the Archangel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcWHKT8eH8s
>>
>>14002644
>wackymodder
I mean, really?
>>
>>14002621

>Still failed to explain how a Tahnhauser being shot into the ocean managed to create enough force to almost destroy the Impulse and create enough force to push away the Minerva
>>
>>14002666
that's because the Tanhauser has higher output than the Loengrin.
>>
>>14002644
there's nothing else there to cause an explosion
>>
File: impulse.png (750 KB, 940x521) Image search: [Google]
impulse.png
750 KB, 940x521
>>14002689

We've clearly established that they explosion that resulted from the archangel was too small to turn into that big blast.

How could shooting the tauhauser into the water create an explosion that damaged the Impulse to the extent it did.

Not even worth debating with you when you have a trip and ignore all facts and reason.
>>
>>14002704
Yeah. The first explosion that was shown was from the archangel.

the second explosion was from the Freedom.

I don't understand how people can mix those two up
>>
>>14002540

Try episode 18. It creates almost the exact same explosion that happens in 34 when it's fired against the shielded MA, complete with the PS less Bacue's getting blown away by the shockwave, the exact same footage of Minerva getting pushed back by the shock and a black mushroom cloud that can be seen from the town.

I don't know why people forget this since 18 is one of the more popular eps of the series.
>>
Also Nuclear explosions in CE have the typical flash effect shown whenever a nuke explodes, upto and including Justice blowing up at the end of Seed.

There was none here. Therefore it wasn't a nuclear explosion.
>>
Tannhauser created the massive explosion and the scene was edited specifically to create suspense til the next episode. Shut the fuck up about this already. If Freedom nuked, nobody would've survived in that whole area
>>
So to recap.

Points in favor of it not going nuclear.
1. Everyone in the area wasn't completely obliterated.
2. The smoke from the explosion is in the distance of where Impulse is.
3. Tanhauser beam is shown causing the explosion in a split second shot.
4. Tanhauser makes a similar big explosion in episode 18 complete with shockwave and mushroom cloud.
5. No nuclear flashes shown.
6. Kira is shown in next ep to have shut off the reactor.
7. Explosion appears to start before the stab.

Points in favor of it going nuclear.
1. It looked like a big.
2. Impulse is pretty messed up.

Yeah...I think it didn't go nuclear.
>>
>>14002279
>implying Based Kira is a person to begin with
>>
>>14002420
> What ya lookin at smoothskin?
>>
>>14002519
I never could get that... wouldn't those things leave impact craters or burr holes?

How big is an N-Jammer anyway? They managed to mass pro those in such a vast number to pepper the earth with them?
>>
>>14002644
Wow.

I watched the entire thing and that guy is angry. 15 minutes devoted to ranting... wow.
>>
Chirico would.
>>
File: Indy_promo.jpg (19 KB, 270x389) Image search: [Google]
Indy_promo.jpg
19 KB, 270x389
If the cockpit is built like a fridge, I don't see the problem.
>>
>>14003318
See >>13990860
>>
>>14002613
Because the other times it always hits a positron reflector shield thing or something.
The only other time it hits a solid target nearby that isn't an energy shield is on the moon base. I believe it was the 2nd shot they fired and it is the exact same footage recolored moon colors
>>
File: 2123791-sousuke_sagara3.jpg (67 KB, 640x468) Image search: [Google]
2123791-sousuke_sagara3.jpg
67 KB, 640x468
'Sup guys?
>>
>>14002420
He looks happy. It's disturbing
>>
>>14005266
Maybe he's just happy to be interviewed instead of having people running away from him.

Or the scar tissue permanently forced his mouth into that shape and he's angerly talking about how much he hates the world.
>>
>>14005281
Anyone here able to read Japanese?
What's he saying?
I can only make out a little bit
>the...pleasure...of...inside
>>
File: 1443065119543.jpg (169 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1443065119543.jpg
169 KB, 1280x1024
>>14003318
Ah, so you havent heard of his 40-minute rant about why Destiny (not the series, the Gundam itself) is shit and his 1-hour showcase of his "fan-fix" OC donut steel Arch Destiny Gundam?
>>
File: archangel.png (1020 KB, 1099x622) Image search: [Google]
archangel.png
1020 KB, 1099x622
>>14002279

This is the explosion from the archangel.
As you can see that is not the explosion that turned into >>14002578
>>
>>14005775

That is literally the exact same area. You can even see the Minerva shooting into it. It's almost as if the explosion got bigger on account of the Minerva still blasting it.
>>
>>14006091
Watch the scene again idiot
>>
>>14005296
Lewd.
>>
>>14002519

Not to mention, despite being shot into the earth they are still powerful enough that you need an N-Jammer in space.

Yeah, that makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

And wait, they can make a thermonuclear propulsion system for the Archangel somehow. So, supposedly they can make a fusion reaction without a fission reaction to start it, harness it into a propulsion system, but they can't use it to power their cities or some shit? Am I getting this right?
>>
It's amazing how long people will debate this. This is /m/'s version of jet fuel can't melt steel beams.

Here's some simpler logic; if the Freedom's reactor exploded, how did anyone survive? The answer is it didn't explode.
>>
>>14009129
>Here's some simpler logic; if the Freedom's reactor exploded, how did anyone survive?
Gee, it's almost like Seed has a record of characters surviving explosions they could not have possibly survived.
>>
>>14009137

Kira escaped the strike before the explosion just like athrun. Mwu is a meme, just like tusk. So really, the only impossible survival scenario is from a joke character who survives impossible scenarios because that's his character. Hardly a record of bullshit, just one bullshit character.

My point was that the reactor couldn't have exploded because others survived. You could argue that kira survived a bullshit explosion, but everyone else did too then. If a nuclear reactor was actually set off, not only would shinn die, but the impulse would have been damaged just like the freedom was.

The explosion was intentionally ambiguous to make you think kira died. It was a great ploy to get people to tune in next week. Same shit happened before. Once again, /m/ amazes me with its retarded obsession with lore. If something isn't shown on screen in explicit detail, it's a plot hole. What retarded reasoning.
>>
File: 1415818435141.jpg (85 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1415818435141.jpg
85 KB, 300x400
>2016
>still believing Kira can die
Fuck off, Shinn.
You'll NEVER be the main character, go play SRW or cry yourself to sleep listening to your little sister's voicemail.
>>
File: Choco.png (49 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Choco.png
49 KB, 500x500
>>14009171
> ...go play SRW...

That may not be a bad idea, actually...
>>
>>14009157
>Kira escaped the strike before the explosion just like athrun
And yet they had to pry open his cockpit, and KIRA HIMFUCKINGSELF says there's no way he could have survived, only for the priest guy to handwave it with "U GOT SEED POWER! YEAH! THE FINAL LAP!"
>>
>>14009129

There's really no reason to believe this beyond "B...but the explosion was so big!" And it still wasn't as big as the actual nuclear explosions shown other times in the same damn series.
>>
>>14002420
Ha ha ha, he is actually a Hansen's disease patient. But some South Korean media reported it as a victim of an atomic bomb. Not sure if they did it on purpose.
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/pandiani/e/e91e04ced393e995e3edf70d04c3b45c
>>
>>14003300

>They managed to mass pro those in such a vast number to pepper the earth with them?

Yes, they were used in response of the nuking of Junius Seven and basically caused a huge energy crisis afterwards. I believe a billion people died as a result
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.