[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not another Zeta thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: zeta.jpg (49 KB, 225x341) Image search: [Google]
zeta.jpg
49 KB, 225x341
I don't want to start another zeta shitfest because i really do enjoy the series, but something has always bugged me about it.

Why do the pilots on opposite sides suddenly start to communicate with one another? this continues throughout the rest of the gundam franchise, but it isn't present in 0079. no matter how many times Char and Amuro meet, they never talk to one another through whatever comms system they have (from what i can remember, anyway). But very early into zeta we have people just chatting with one another in battle, not just like newtype "oh i think i know who that is" but full on conversations.

maybe this is just my autism but it does bug me and i have to wonder where this came from and who thought it was a good idea
>>
>>14000402
>i really do enjoy the series
Nice shit taste bro
>>
>>14000402
Minovsky particles are still very much a thing in Zeta as they were in 0079.
>>
>>14000402
>enjoying Zeta

It's okay anon, you don't have to lie to yourself.
>>
>>14000403
>>14000408
nice responses

i guess i could have phrased my question without invoking zeta and avoided this huh.

>>14000407
right, which is why long range radio/ir/etc doesn't work. it doesn't really explain why everyone has agreed to an open comms channel though
>>
So you weren't paying attention in 0079 then
He talks to multiple mooks and most named characters.

>THIS IS NO ZAKU, BOY
>>
>>14000416
he was never talking to any of them though. there was never any dialogue, only battle cries and talk among the squads, but never from one side to another. the only time i remember amuro talking to anyone on the other side is when he busts open ramba ral's gouf, and that's face to face, not over radio or whatever magic comms they use
>>
>>14000424
I always thought they were talking knowing the other side couldn't hear them.
>>
>>14000433
in zeta they definitely talk to one another, that's how they recognize that reccoa is still alive for on big instance. in 0079 on the other hand i think you're 100% right and they are talking knowing full well no one on the other side can hear them
>>
For drama
>>
Well if the Mobile Suits are touching, or very close proximity they use short range communication or a wire going between units making the contact.

>>14000413
Some people can't handle Zeta being liked.
>>
It's not very clear because G-Reco makes a point of noting that you have to be connected by wire or touching in order to communicate under Minovsky interference
>>
>>14000402

Well from what I recall most of the time this only happened while grappling, and was in fact the reason why Kamille would hug his enemy so many times in battle- so he could bitch them out.

Minovsky particles aren't necessarily always spread though- so any time you get opposing pilots talking without grappling you could just chalk that up to the minovsky particles being weaker or not spread in those cases.
>>
>>14000413
It's /m/. Getting someone to shitpost Zeta these days is like getting a dog to bark in a kennel. Sometimes, all you need to do is just look at something the wrong way.

The sad thing is, I imagine at least some of that hate and shitposting is exaggerated. Not that they secret like it or anything, more like they just kind of dislike it or don't give a shit about it as a series, but play it up on here to get a rise out of people.
>>
>>14000559
Tomino made it a big point in the MSG novels, too. G-reco really banged it over your head though, but at leat it gave us a great moment in a shitshow
>Barara--
>Barara--
>Barara--
>BARARA
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.