[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Captain Earth Any Good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9
File: Captain-Earth-600x380.jpg (75 KB, 600x380) Image search: [Google]
Captain-Earth-600x380.jpg
75 KB, 600x380
Judging by the trailer and opening, it seems interesting enough. But many past anime experiences have taught me that looks can be deceiving.

What do you guys think of it?
>>
Kinda boring.

Nice to fap to though.
>>
Meh.

Show peaked at the navel scene.
Setsuna best girl nano desu.
Fucking pokemon.
>>
>>13998832
It's not bad.

It's not great either.

It's not a bad series to waste six hours on, but it doesn't really go anywhere.
>>
>>13998832
Decent, but never quite comes good, despite having the potential too. A shame really.
>>
>>13998832
>Pro's
-Great visuals overall giving it a pretty fantastic atmosphere
-Excellent music.
-Fun characters
-Fantastic designs and animation to back it up
-Possibly one of the coolest launch/combination sequences ever.

>Cons
-Slow plot which just meanders along and goes nowhere and because of that it's best watched in one marathon sitting, mostly a waste of potential.
-Way too much pointless jargon
-Too many plotholes left unanswered or even elaborated on
-Not enough Flare Engine
>>
>>13998832
Hahahahaha no, oh god no
>>
>>13998832
Good but not great, the main mascot is ultra adorable though.
>>
>>13998899
I'll throw my word in for this anon, this is pretty accurate. Plot won't always seem boring but if you lose the hype of the battle then you'll be a little annoyed by its speed.

Overall I loved it for a seasonal mecha show but it had problems.
>that ending
>>
It's like pretty much every Bones series. Pretty good at the beginning, kind of boring and slow through the middle, completely drops the ball for the ending.
>>
>>13998927
>Bones series
This is pretty much an adjective at this point, I just don't get it what is their problem with dropping the ball everytime.
>>
>>13998927
I've seen Bones series and none of them are like what you just described
>>
>>13998934
Cool horseshit bro
>>
>>13998832
Does anyone have the rest of the Newtype comics for the last two Planetary Gears?
>>
>>13998937
Not horseshit, I don't know what you guys are watching because I never felt that way watching any of those.
>>
>>13998947
Maybe your tastes is just shit.
>>
>>13998832
Incredibly dull
>>
>>13998947
You seriously don't think the majority of Bones series doesn't follow that format? Especially their original ones.

They always have these god tier first bunch of episodes and by the end of the series we are practically wondering what the fuck went wrong. I think the only time this might have been averted was Darker than Black's first season
>>
>>13998971
>. I think the only time this might have been averted was Darker than Black's first season
And with that your entire argument is worthless
>>
>>13998943
Anyone?
>>
>>13998832
It's by far the single most boring /m/ show I've ever seen, I couldn't even get halfway into the show.
Nice animation though.
>>13998899
>-Possibly one of the coolest launch/combination sequences ever.
That they spend TWO FUCKING MINUTES EVERY EPISODE ON
>>
>>13998971
>You seriously don't think the majority of Bones series doesn't follow that format?
Not in the slightest;
>>
>>13999005
>That they spend TWO FUCKING MINUTES EVERY EPISODE ON
Wouldn't have it any other way.
>>
>>13999046
He must be the kind of guy that complains about the stock footage in GaoGaiGar.
>>
File: ByECwZZCQAAB9ea.jpg (40 KB, 324x666) Image search: [Google]
ByECwZZCQAAB9ea.jpg
40 KB, 324x666
>>13998943
There were at least two more comics and the FINAL EXPAND book that needed to be scanned
>>
>>13999005

You must be new here.
>>
>>13998934

Every Bones series is exactly like that though. They don't know how to utilize a good concept properly beyond the initial stages.
>>
>>13999005
Good. Return to standard robo transform/combine stock sequences. Build some fucking recognition for the brand.
>>
>>13999094
>Every Bones series is exactly like that though.
Except they are not
>>
>>13999094
No they really arent.
>>
>>13998832
dropped it at the first episode
nothing really happened
>>
>>13998832
Set up a lot of potential to end up doing fucking nothing and being boring as hell, very disappointing and a waste of a sweet character
>>
File: marsdaybreak.jpg (159 KB, 551x391) Image search: [Google]
marsdaybreak.jpg
159 KB, 551x391
>>13998931
They are always able to gather
>Original and interesting premise
>Original and interesting mech designs
>Good music
>Attractive character designs
Then fuck it up somehow with a boring or ridiculous plot.

Pic related is one of their biggest wasted opportunities.
>>
requesting Pitz silliness
>>
>>13998899
>-Way too much pointless jargon
>-Too many plotholes left unanswered or even elaborated on
When will this meme end?
>>
File: conrevo.jpg (132 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
conrevo.jpg
132 KB, 640x480
Pretty fun. Certainly not perfect (in particular, it spent several episodes on subplots or characters that don't really go anywhere), but definitely worth a watch. The cast is endearing as fuck, the action is great, and the plot brings in some pretty interesting ideas.

It's not the best recent Bones show, though.
>>
File: Cutest_Kil_T.jpg (159 KB, 1280x1579) Image search: [Google]
Cutest_Kil_T.jpg
159 KB, 1280x1579
>>13998840
>Setsuna best girl nano desu.

You. You are mah nigga.She needed more screentime.

>>13999078
>More Setsuna.
>Scans never

Being a Setsuna fan is true suffering.

>>13999193
I disagree about the pointless jargon, but you have to admit that the show had quite a few plotholes. Most notably, what the fuck happened to human Puck?
>>
>>13999275
>Being a Setsuna fan is true suffering.
Try being a Lin fan. Forget scans, even the show itself ignored her.
>>
File: CaptainEarth0019.jpg (262 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
CaptainEarth0019.jpg
262 KB, 1280x720
If you're craving some great looking 2D animated super robot sequences, this is definitely a show to watch. Fanservice is nice, characters are likeable and the set-up of the plot is interesting enough, but as already said, they don't handle things very well later on and it just ends with a lot of wasted potential.
>>
>>13999177
Mars Daybreak was nice and comfy.
>>
Pros:
Bones animation
Cons:
Bones story
>>
I liked the characters, but they were stuck in a crap story.

You'd expect something called CAPTAIN EARTH to be cheesy, self-aware and retro fun. Sadly it was just Bones being Bones.
>>
>>
>Oh boy, I can't wait to watch Gunbuster ver. Heroman smacking the shit out of aliens robot thingies!
>Surprise, it's mostly a tiny forgettable mech shooting at Frame Arms rejects instead!
>>
It's Bones. I.e., good looking trash: the studio
>>
They got a bunch of good antagonists and nice mechs and lots of great scenes, but they fuck up the pacing to the point where the show's just a drag to watch.

>>13999177
Poi-poi-san is about the only character who's not a stereotype in that one. All the other characters are lame as heck.
>>
File: prepare your ego blocks.jpg (154 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
prepare your ego blocks.jpg
154 KB, 1920x1080
>>13999373
>>
>>13999723
That's Kyoani.
>>
>>13999780
>kyoani
>good looking

Top kek. They're wildly inconsistent.

I'm kinda digging Amagi
>>
>>13998832
It's pretty good.
You dont have anything to lose from watching it.
Ending may feel weak as per usual "BONES ending".
I hope ConRevo doesnt fall victim to it.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.