[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would a live action Devilman Lady work?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: Devilman_Lady.jpg (91 KB, 425x600) Image search: [Google]
Devilman_Lady.jpg
91 KB, 425x600
Would a live action Devilman Lady work?
>>
Not really unless it's based on the TV show but who the hell would want to see that
>>
>>13996011
Live action anything would work as long as you do it right. That's true of everything in any format.
>>
Only if it's out of context.
>>
>>13996032

what about Watchmen
>>
>>13996064
Look it had problems but considering what it was trying to tackle, I don't think it was a bad movie. I reached it the other night for the hell of it and I think it still holds up pretty well.
>>
>>13996011
Realistically? No. It would need a huge budget to look decent. The story would suffer if they toned down the rape. It would have to be the most well made ero toku to ever exist.
>>
File: smug.jpg (40 KB, 298x298) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
40 KB, 298x298
If a live action was made, do you think they would adapt it correctly or just fuck things up? Would she even be nude and would there even be rape?
>>
>>13996091

It was a steaming pile of shit that complete missed the point of the source material.

Doesn't matter what it was trying to tackle if the director didn't understand it
>>
>>13996104
>the point of the source material
Alan Moore is bitter that he's stuck with comics and can't think of any original characters?
I guess they didn't hit it as well as the comics, but they still sorta got it
>>
>>13996064
>>13996104
Watchmen obviously could have been better, but the only real reason why it's a trash movie is because of the exclusion of a pivotal scene. It they would have included that scene, it would have been decent, maybe even good.
>>
>>13996101
>Realistically? No. It would need a huge budget to look decent.

This.
Never forget how fucking cheap that live action Devilman movie was.
Granted, it was also just badly written/directed, but the PS2 cut-scene grade CG was NOT helping.

>>13996134
You DO know Moore originally wanted to do Watchmen as a story with another company's characters, right?
DC stopped him and had him turn them into OCs because they just bought the group and weren't so sure they wanted him to kill a couple of them off right out of the gate.
>>
File: silene.webm (952 KB, 444x330) Image search: [Google]
silene.webm
952 KB, 444x330
>>13996178
Here's a webm for reference.

>>13996174
Been a while since I read it. What is that pivotal scene? Is it the squid monster?
>>
>>13996174
The movie would've had to be a lot longer to make the alien work since it needs to be properly foreshadowed like in the comic.

That being said, the whole alien thing is just a reference to a line from a Reagan speech. You technically can replace it with anything and make it work if presented right, considering its purpose in the story.
>>
Reminder what they're turning Cutie Honey into.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trRfubE89Fc
>>
>>13996198

Look I don't care that they changed details, what they missed out on was the message
>>
>>13996178
>originally
Not true, they gave him a choice with the Charlton Comics properties. Either write a story that leaves them available to use later, or make up his own characters. Singe chose the latter.
>>
>>13996210
What fucking message? The entire climax is built on this one time Reagan said that if aliens ever invaded, the nations of earth would stop fighting each other and join forces (which political theorists say isn't true, it would most likely invoke a "every nation for itself" mentality).

Otherwise it still kept the theme of a utilitarian solution vs objectivism values.
>>
File: dat ass.jpg (36 KB, 1023x682) Image search: [Google]
dat ass.jpg
36 KB, 1023x682
>>13996199
Looks fucking terrible. How is it even Cutie Homey?
>>
>>13996237
If Go was still alive he never would've....wait he's not dead, how did he okay this?
>>
>>13996198
>>13996193
Not the guy in question, but one pivotal scene the movie discarded that I'm calling foul on - "Nothing ever ends."

Not only did they cut the scene, they kept the line while completely changing its meaning and point.
THAT was supposed to be how Veidt is put in his place - not a tantrum by Dreiburg, who he already looks on as little more than an angry child, but when Dr. Manhattan, the only person Veidt actually considers to be a peer, leaves him with a reminder that his victory is fleeting, and rather than ensuring peace forever, he may have only prolonged the inevitable.

It's a key moment from the end of the story, and Snyder's discarding/repurposing of it just smacks of missing the whole point.
>>
File: cutie-honey-good-job.jpg (18 KB, 500x271) Image search: [Google]
cutie-honey-good-job.jpg
18 KB, 500x271
>>13996242
It's a new take on the character. I'm all for trying out new things, but the budget doesn't seem to be on par on Anno's version.

>how did he okay this?
Because he's not a dick and doesn't mind people adapting his works into new formats.

He's still refusing another Devilman though, and I think the reasons are obvious.
>>
>>13996225

why don't you go and reread it.
>>
>>13996199
Presumably she'll be able to change her appearance. In a Flash.
>>
>>13996193
>>13996198
The entire point of the comic is the build up to the scene that >>13996250 is talking about. Without it, the story contradicts itself without ever resolving its central theme.
>>
>>13996250
First off, you think Adrian doesn't realize that with the name he took for himself?

Secondly, there's a scene with far more impact no one brings up in difference between the film and comic, and it's how Spectre destroys the Mars clock. It's probably the most important scene in all of watchmen and is mostly ignored because a lot of people don't care about her character.

and speaking as someone who bought the issues when they first released in the 80s, the comic is worshipped far more than it deserves. Its influence on the industry is a lot bigger than its quality
>>
File: eat shit and die.jpg (66 KB, 302x452) Image search: [Google]
eat shit and die.jpg
66 KB, 302x452
>>13996270
I hate Anno. He should just fuck off and die and leave everything Nagai alone.
>>
>Would a live action Devilman Lady work?
How's the anime version? Is it any good?
>>
>>13996332
It's OK I guess
>>
>>13996296
>leave everything Nagai alone.
Why are you so mad? I don't care for his works either but Cutie Honey was the only thing Nagai he touched, and that was more than a decade ago.
>>
>>14000188
Not that guy, but Anno has made a career integrating Nagai works into his projects.
>>
>>14000229
Irrelevant. It's not like he's directly touching any of Nagai's works.
>>
>>13996199
What the fuck, are they trying to pull a american gritty reboot too?
>>
>>14000328
The movie is being directed by the guy who directed GITS SAC's opening (not the anime, just the opening)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxkMzn4et2U

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-03/cutie-honey-gets-new-live-action-film-starring-mariya-nishiuchi/.99371
>>
>>13996174
No it has more problems like some bad acting and bad story change choices (the most awful and glaring being Niteowl witnessing Rorschachs death).
>>
>>13996032
>Live action anything would work as long as you do it right.
which rarely happens
>>
>>14003628
I know, but still.
>>
>>14003632
hope for the best right?
>>
>>14003664
More along the lines of the idea that anything can work well if enough money and effort is put into it, but yeah, that too.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.