[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nadia and Evangelion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: nautilus-crew.jpg (328 KB, 500x687) Image search: [Google]
nautilus-crew.jpg
328 KB, 500x687
I recently rewatched Nadia: The Secret of Bluewater and it got me wondering, "Is it possible that Nadia and Evangelion could take place in the same 'universe'?" I mean, both feature pretty OTT mecha stuff as well as ancient aliens. Is there any reference to to the events of nadia, or any reasons why it couldn't be?
>>
Yes if...
...no but
>>
No Nadia is in the same universe as Giant Gorg
>>
>>13995833
y tho
>>
>>13995805

it seems they just took the "ayyylmao giants that are really Ultraman in the basement of our underground pyramid base" from the end of Nadia and then ran with that for the setup of Eva

they both pull from Anno's eternal Ultraman boner
>>
>>13995881

or bare minimum a hardon for Nausica

Hell Im sure there's probably some mythological precedent here too
>>
File: 1264407653466.jpg (948 KB, 2008x1416) Image search: [Google]
1264407653466.jpg
948 KB, 2008x1416
>>13995960
It's all Ultraman. Even Nausicaa
>>
File: HyperLightDrifter_P002.png (179 KB, 3072x2048) Image search: [Google]
HyperLightDrifter_P002.png
179 KB, 3072x2048
so speaking of, Hyper Light Drifter when?
>>
>>13995978

> A sword against one of those
> It's basically a needle to them
> Doesn't matter where you stick it, they won't care
>>
>>13995805
I would have said no before Rebuild. I like to think that Nadia just has a lot of prototype concepts that Anno wanted to expand on and use in Evangelion. There were a lot of directors who did similar things. Davlid Lynch is the only example I can think of. It's pretty unrelated to /m/ but things like the Black and White Lodge, spirits travecling through electricity, etc. show up in other movies without being directly connected.

But the latest Rebuild of Evangelion movies have the same symbols used on ancient alien technology in Nadia used for various Nerv things. I forget where they show up but it's pretty prominent. When you can reset the universe you can fan-wank anything though.

If you use the logic that inspiration and prototype ideas = a sequel then UFO and Ultraman would be part of the Evangelion Universe as well.
>>
>>13996068
Evangelion 3.0 is just a remake of Nadia for the most part. http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/15873/30-Fushigi-no-Umi-no-Nadia-Connections-and-Implication/
>>
>>13995969
Does anybody know if the recent 3.33 Funi release includes that short?
>>
>>13995978
>>
>>13995978
some time this spring
>>
Atlanteans, who arrive thousands of years ago, are products of another Seed of Life. While living as deities on Earth they discover evidence of Lilith and are curious of its origins. A group of five Atlanteans oversee the project: SEELE. It is of considerable interest to groups similar to what would later become Neo-Atlantis, perhaps offering a chance to regain godhood by reaching into the seed of Atlantean and human alike. After humans build civilization, SEELE realizes that they need not do the work themselves and begins manipulating mankind from behind the scenes. Research on the Black Moon indicates that, although Lilith alone cannot bring them the pure knowledge and godhood they seek, hints of a polar opposite - a mirror to Lilith - are supported by geological data. Normally run by Atlanteans, each with their own human underling directly involved with shadow organizations and governments across the globe, SEELE falls apart with the destruction of Neo Atlantis. Their underlings pick up the pieces, uniting technology and knowledge that was previously withheld from them to alter the course of the project towards Instrumentality and shift their focus to the human soul. This would, instead of creating a creature to imitate genetically, evolve all of humanity to a point never seen by any Atlantean or human before. You know the story from there.

Weapons found in the New Nautilus were salvaged and led to N2 mines.
The power of Blue Water directly led to Yui's first Eva experiment, the technology to create Reis, some parts of the blueprints of the Magi, and the exploration of the physical soul.

Wish I could remember more about the back story for Nadia.
>>
File: file.png (2 MB, 1932x756) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2 MB, 1932x756
>>13996075
>>13995805
>>13996421

Just reading that thread for the first time I think in the Rebuild movies it's pretty much implied that SEELE are Atlanteans or at least aliens.
>>
>>13996138
It does not. Funi fucked that release up royally.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.