[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OK, is it just me or do this show really wants us to root for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
OK, is it just me or do this show really wants us to root for Gjallarhorn?

I mean, i'm starting to think Mikazuki and Tekkadan are just bunch of savages, all she wanted was a fair duel and she did nothing wrong.

Damn.
>>
I remember the first time the organization offered them a "fair" duel, it was just window-dressing a demand for unconditional surrender.

But dying like this, the members of Gjallahorn actually do fulfill their purpose as a peacekeeping force, so I don't see the problem with it.

I mean, the head of their branch office planned to ignite a civil war just to cover up the money he embezzled and to keep the cash flowing in, so every dead pilot of theirs is a step forward for them as an organization as each of them keeps the PMC contained.

I mean of course they could also contain them by not attacking them in the first place, but they're caught in a Catch-22 in which they can only demonstrate that they matter and that they are doing their job by stirring up shit unnecessarily - and by dying for it.
>>
>>13995557

I kind of want her real dad to show up with the same eyebrows and red eye-marks, even if in a sickbed.
>>
File: Haman_Karn.jpg (41 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Haman_Karn.jpg
41 KB, 500x375
She is basically Haman right?
>>
>>13995557

Mikado and Tekkadan are boring as all fuck and unlikable. This is why people mourn a Poe-tier joke character like Carta, because at the very least she brought some levity and character to IBO.
>>
>>13995615
*Mikazuki
>>
>>13995611

You mean overblown shit that a lot of people waifu? Yea, I suppose. Otherwise, not really.
>>
>>13995557
Yet she did though. Her very existence is an embodiment of how laughably corrupt Gjallerhorn is.

That is to say, just because she was born into the right family, she was given a lofty (if somewhat ceremonial) position, wherein she had enough free reign on spending, recruitment, and promotions to set up her own personal harem and train them as choreographed, motto-spout old-world knight brigade. One that was so soft it got shredded the moment it ran into a serious fight. The entire time she was active, she was so concerned with appearances she threw her men into one bad end after another, her one sole motivation being her aristocratic station and garnering the affections of that cute blonde guy.

While her example is a relatively harmless one, their inability to break from their showmanship meant that ultimately they could not stop a bunch of kids from even landing on Earth, let alone successfully hunt them down and stop them in any way. It's not a way to run a military.

That freedom of indulgence, opportunism, and fixation on image is part of why other arms are busy running regular entrapment schemes, building up sock puppet rebellions just to quash them back down. Businesses cause unrest by their tactics, and when the labor union tries to protest, they single out the union, push it toward violence, hand it weapons, even set off false-flag attacks, just to sweep in and slaughter those same civilians they just set up. All so they can wrap themselves up in their own flag, declaring the protestors to be terrorists only they can bring to heel.

Carta's misfortune was being born into that society. Her misdeed was never look around, see all the rampant corruption, and so much as pause at the sight of it.
>>
Hell with her money and status, she would have became the Wolfgang Krauser(SNK Boss) of Gundam.

She, believe or not had great proteital. And a great childbearing body.
>>
File: 1425152162273.png (446 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1425152162273.png
446 KB, 640x480
>>13995611
Haman would have blown up the a bridge while the train passes over it.

Orphan? More like Off'em.
>>
File: 55816580_p0_master1200.jpg (156 KB, 480x299) Image search: [Google]
55816580_p0_master1200.jpg
156 KB, 480x299
>>13995557
Nah Gjallarhorn is a evil group, it simply happens to have some likeable guys in its ranks, is ok to feel affection for them but in the end they are a corrupt organization that must be changed, I guess this is were McGillis comes to play but he is a douchebag and Tekkadan is behaving weirdly
>>
>>13995673

She'd have fallen for Ride or someone and wouldn't do it for that reason.
>>
>>13995683
>Ride
That's good's taste though.
>>
Tekkadan are terrorists fighting against a corrupt oppressive system.

Both are either awfully written to be awful by happenstance or written to be awful on purpose.
>>
>>13995557
She did go after Orga and Biscuit's little car during their 'fair duel'.
Can't really say I can root for either side though. None of them are particularly endearing.
>>
File: 14325435634.jpg (109 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
14325435634.jpg
109 KB, 1280x720
>>13995557
Daily reminder that she survived.
>>
>>13995753
The light faded from her eyes. She's dead.
>>
>>13995557
She killed his boy biscuit, bitch had it coming
That ramba ral guy in episode 2? Nah, mika was a cunt
>>
>>13995557
I don't know, man, this show is so misleading, the plot is all over the place. First it wants me to feel the pressure upon these poor children, when it's clear they have far superior firepower to every opponent they face. Remember the attack on the island? Tekkadan was surrounded on the ground and Gjallarhorn even had sky reinforcement inbound, yet none got hurt until the plot decided Biscuit had to die for no reason beside the drama.

Then everybody from Tekkadan got pissed, obviously, and that idiot Carta shows up again blabbing of fair fights and stuff, and of course she gets killed right away, but she's too dumb to even understand that. But the plot is dumb too, and we have the blonde woman standing in the snow telling us how bad we should feel. Then Gaelio shows up to “save” Carta, and he is soooooooo sad because somehow his idiot friend could not help it but to go alone in the snow to fight for her lost pride.

I don't know, man. Mika is a damn sociopathic coldblooded killer and yet he's the less stupid character in the whole cast. I understand Orga and Cudelia having doubts about their own decisions, that is fine, but all of Gjallarhorn's are a bunch of idiots, especially Ein and his stupid revenge. He's going to show up next episode, he'll kick some ass for five minutes, then he'll go mad because he's now a fucking robot and then the show will end and we all will be stuck waiting for the next season.
>>
File: 1422806765250.jpg (47 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1422806765250.jpg
47 KB, 500x375
>>13995557
>fair duel
>in a war
>>
>>13995784
>but all of Gjallarhorn's are a bunch of idiots
Isn't that the point? That they are incompetent and ripe with nepotism?
>>
>>13995611
>She is basically Haman right?

Haman is godly, Carta is mundane.
>>
>>13995826
Yes, I thought so. They are all idiots and they suffer the consequences, I don't feel sorry for them, at all. Yet the plot seems to cheer for them: the whole scene at the end of the last episode, with Gaelio tears dropping like his face was a waterfall, all that unnecessary drama.
>>
>>13995897

Well, you know the Japanese are all rooted in samurai business and the Bushido code and all those things now deemed archaic.

Probably why they're throwing a hissy fit and calling Mika evil for having the temerity not to abide by stupid customs.
>>
>>13995897
Well she was his oldest childhood friend

Gaelio got a heavy dose of reality with cyborg-cripple Ein
>>
>>13995808
>a bunch of small scale conflicts with the government against a mafia-backed pmc
>a war
>>
>>13995897
>psshhh.. they deserved to die... their weak...
>*unsheathes katana*
>>
>>13995557
She had her fair fight 2 episodes ago then she ran to take out a mobile worker.
>>
>>13995924
>a bunch of small scale conflicts with the government against goat herders living in caves
>a war

Consider the fact that 72 Gundam frames brought an end to the Calamity War and Tekkadan now has two
>>
>>13995927
What anon said, Carta had her fight but she ran away and tried to take out Orga
>>
File: 1457917850628.jpg (179 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1457917850628.jpg
179 KB, 1920x1080
>>13995897
But he didn't drop a single tear, he wanted to but in the end he manage not to cry
>>
>>13995897
The thing is, these people are as much a product of Earth society as Tekkadan is a product of Mars society.

Yes, Carta was a self-absorbed rich girl, but she wasn't really that bad a person, just incredibly naive and blundering. If it weren't for the fact that privileged families like hers maintain their position through fluff positions in the military, she would never have had a post for the orphans to blow past, and thus any reason to care who Tekkadan was.
>>
>>13995557
No.
There is no reason to root for them unless you're some angry waifufag. You cannot be mad at someone for not accepting your retarded call to a duel.
>>
>>13995557
I liked her and her MS. My next purchase will probably be either her MS or one of her subordinates.
>>
File: IMG_0668.jpg (886 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0668.jpg
886 KB, 1920x1280
>>13995959
Persistant and fortitudinous.
>>
>>13995927

This pretty much, they had a fair fight and when she was losing she went after Orga and Biscuit which ended in Biscuits death.

Completely understand why Mika didn't take their BS this time.
>>
>>13995621
to be fair m80 they do have a gundam
>>
>>13995557
This scene was so weird: Mika slowly torturing Carta to death while heroic music sounds in the background.
>>
>>13995557
i dropped the show the moment mika killed that old dude in the first 3 or so episodes.

tekkadan a shit.
>>
>>13995927
The combat worker was an armed combatant thus fair game.

>>13995557
Irony with all the stuff about war is that Tekkedan had accepted a duel before under a similar situation.
>>
>>13995937
>>13996073
I dunno about that. Tekkadan didn't make it a fair fight to begin with (Akihiro shot that one dude in the head during their pose), but neither did Gjallarhorn. They sent landing troops to try to capture Kudelia and Makanai, even if it was bait by Tekkadan to begin with.

Besides, killing the enemy commander is a perfectly legitimate tactic, it's not exactly a war crime to shoot at a mobile worker when you're in a mobile suit. If anything, Mika had no right to be angry at the other side trying to employ sound tactics, he just happened to be friends with the boss and his jeep driver.
>>
>>13996115

It's almost like Tekkadan (or some people in it) changed or something.
>>
>>13996124
>Besides, killing the enemy commander is a perfectly legitimate tactic

So is ambushing your enemy, which Mika did last episode
>>
>>13995611
Haman would have murdered those kids before they even understood what happened.
>>
>>13995557
So is this like Thunderbolt where the Zeons are the likeable ones and the "good guys" are insufferable twits?
>>
>>13996130
You mean attacking when they were essentially trying to parley.
>>
>>13995557
>OK, is it just me or do this show really wants us to root for Gjallarhorn?
The show wants you to root for whoever is going to die next episode. That is why half of the deaths feel cheap and bland.
>>
>>13996130
That didn't really feel so much as a planned ambush, as it was Mika simply letting his emotions get the better of him and brute-forcing his way into a fight.

Hell, it's even fucking stupid of them to get out of their mobile suits to do the duel challenge. If you already knew from last time that they'd shoot you in the head as you did your fancy pose, why would you stand out in the open and let one of them kersplat you into the snow?

They could have just done something really simple like destroy the rails, or just blow up the fucking train before they knew they were there. If the whole objective is to stop Makanai from reaching Edmonton, I'd say that killing him would do the job. Hell, even if politics prevents you from murdering him, blowing up the tracks would greatly slow them down, and maybe even prevent him from getting to the city in time for the elections (at the very least, it would strand all those mobile workers that they're bringing to the fight).
>>
>>13996132
it actually is like that and thus nothing like thunderbolt.
>>
>>13996143

She attacked their commander while he was sitting in the open, watching, in a vehicle she knew couldn't hurt her or her men (maybe some of the Earth group infantry, that's kind of it). There's not really any difference. Plus, she's the one advocating honor. If you talk the talk, then you have to walk the walk to back it up. And she didn't. She attacked someone obviously only observing at the first chance. He might have been a valid target (he was), but if you're going to spout about honor, attacking him because of opportunity when he's unable to fight back puts the lie to your words and opens you to the same shit.
>>
>>13996143
That's not a parley, Carta gave them an ultimatum that they ignored
>>
>>13995611
>Haman
>same lady that tired to poison Jamitov and Jerid during a meeting
Suuuuuure.
>>
>>13996158
get fucked, you terrorist cock sucking asshole.

i bet you think obama sent those planes to the wtc.
>>
>>13996158
I don't know how a commander couldn't be involved in hurting her men.

>>13996160
They would ignore any type of negotiation at this point.
>>
>>13996173

Obama wasn't even in power at the time. Not that Bush did it either. Explaining common sense doesn't make me a terrorist sympathizer.
>>
>>13996180

> I don't know how a commander couldn't be involved in hurting her men

Well, you're willing to overlook Carta so long as she has a white flag no one accepted and she's a commander too. So not really any different.
>>
>>13996187
Attacking the commander when they are in the middle of a battle and attacking the commander when they are requesting a duel are two different things.
>>
File: 141034944941.jpg (108 KB, 810x954) Image search: [Google]
141034944941.jpg
108 KB, 810x954
>>
>>13996206
>when they are requesting a duel
Well the duel was declined
>>
>>13996206

See: if you want to talk the talk about honor then you have to walk the walk too. And she didn't. Because she attacked someone clearly unable to fight back and just observing. Which is dishonorable.
>>
>>13996223
Giving orders isn't just observing. He was just as much a combatant as anyone else there.
>>
The fact Mikazuki attack when she was talking isn't the real matter.

It's mecha show who lack mecha battle, and this wasn't a battle. She barely get into cockpit, it was an execution. Not entertaining.

(And imho the joke of striking when the enemy is talking was fun the first time thy did, not twice in a row.)
>>
>>13996235

And he was also unable to fight back (as well as not giving any orders at the time). Which is dishonorable and her not putting her money where her mouth is.
>>
>>13996223
>>13996235
I think it's more dishonourable that she ran from a fight she was losing and tried to kill the commander as a last ditch effort
>>
>>13996206
Challenging the other side to a duel when you already know that they're a bunch of dishonorable thugs is just fucking stupid. Even moreso when you get out of your mobile suit to do so.
>>
>>13996256
It was very stupid, but the point was pushing that Mika is a dishonorable thug. Also that those two situations were nowhere near the same.
>>
>>13995557

What kind of fucking idiot turns their back on a battlefield?
>>
>>13995557

The show basically wants the audience to cheer for Gaelio right now because he's the most sympathetic character.

And here we have two episodes left to this season and he's a supporting antagonist, it's crazy.
>>
McGillis threw all the Garma death flags at Carta, instead of Gaelio. He's the Gihren of the show
>>
>>13996276
Everything Mika does makes me love him more, he came from as close to literal hell as you can and is fucking up pompous nepotist asses
>>
>>13996236
Carta? Are you shitting me?

She got into her cockpit just fine, because her two subordinates were busy dying in the meantime. When she saw the second get reduced to a bloody smear across his mech, did she call his name? Did she scream that he had died, like someone you care about? No. She merely said "How despicable! My proud elite guards!" She stood there the entire time, right up until Barbatos came at her.

And then, yes, she got schooled. She got smacked across the field. She got kicked in the face. She got one arm ripped off, one leg smashed, and still got up again and WALKED, dragging the wrecked leg behind her, until she was close enough to swing again. She came at him over and over and over and over, and then tried to get away, and he slammed her into a lake and tried to impale her with her own sword.

I agree it wasn't a battle. But it was a fight. It was a one-sided grudge match, and Carta was simply outclassed.
>>
Does we know what japan audience think of this ?
>>
>>13996290
For that matter, Mika sat there waiting while Carta walked toward him. Parts were falling off her machine, made a sword salute, and he waited. It wasn't until she swung at him, he simply chomped the arm with the wrench-mace. And then even when he had her pinned, defeated, her snapped sword in his hand, he stopped and told her outright he was going to have to kill her because if he didn't, she wouldn't stop coming after them.

He's cold, and he has no regard whatsoever for traditions or protocol. But he's not mindless.
>>
>>13996318
no they speak japanese how the fuck would know what they're thinking
>>
>>13995939
Yeah, gotta disagree with all the "Gaelio was in love with Carta" shit.

He told Ein that he found dealing with her to be irritating.
But you also see in the flashbacks that they're childhood friends.
So him being broken up about her dying is a natural thing.

Why does there always have to be some sort of romantic component there? It's not like he even tried to be amicable towards her the one time they talked in the present before her death.
>>
File: best weapon.jpg (64 KB, 900x478) Image search: [Google]
best weapon.jpg
64 KB, 900x478
>>13996323
>wrench-mace
Dinosaw you idiot.
>>
>>13996285
Ironically the nepotist asses he was fucking up are much better people.
>>
File: 51-wv9C6nfL._SL1000_.jpg (39 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
51-wv9C6nfL._SL1000_.jpg
39 KB, 1000x1000
>>13996337
Basically this
>>
File: treize is disappointed.jpg (38 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
treize is disappointed.jpg
38 KB, 512x384
>/m/ shitting on duels and honor
>>
File: 1455063182470.png (475 KB, 479x433) Image search: [Google]
1455063182470.png
475 KB, 479x433
>>13996352
>piloting a Leo
>>
>>13996357

> hard work and guts
> gets by on a some work and nepotism
> above all her hard work classmates
>>
>>13996323
Well you can appreciate an MC who thinks objectively. and it's a breath of Fresh air compared to the protagonists we've had in the past

> Kira Yamato, spent 1/8th of the series not giving a fuck, 3/8 crying about it, and 1/2 not killing anyone
> Heero Yuy constantly passed up good chances to kill people who mattered
> Amuro wouldn't kill Char in spite of having more than his fair share of chances to do so
> Kamille is a girls name
> Garrod Ran started strong and turned into a massive pussy
> Dont even get me started on moon nigger with his mustache robot, keep baking bread you little gay, 100% faggot, joke series
> Setsuna F. Gayei started ok and went full faggot thanks to the princess of persia
> Junk Boy last his damned mind and became a pussy
> lol G-Gundam, just dont
> Banana was a full-on Amuro clone with added gay and melodrama
> Shin Asuka doesn't count because he was so badly written and sucked so much ass the fangirls complained so much that they had to take his series from him.
> lol F-91
> lol Cumcrust Memories
> lol EZ-8, bone an enemy mobile armour pilot and suddenly you're all about sucking dick, its a good job your limbs were blown off.
> forget Reconguista, so shit it doesn't count, keep shitting inside your robot.
> flit was so gay it carried on over a century

I'm missing a few, but you get it.
>>
>>13996371
>Well you can appreciate an MC who thinks objectively.
Less of him thinking objectively and more of him being amoral.
>>
>>13996381
does being free of morals not beget objectivity?
>>
>>13996386

No-one thinks objectively.
>>
>>13996381
He's not completely amoral - he has a weak sense of right and wrong, but it's mostly built on whatever he thinks he's supposed to do. He just doesn't have any concept of what these people are spouting. Remember when Crank challenged him to a duel? He gave him a funny look, but shrugged and went with it, because hey, if the guy wants to die so badly, why not let him? When Crank proceeded to announce his name and station, Mika was even more perplexed at the reason for it, and again just went with it because hey, whatever.

Akihiro is the same way to some degree - they had a line-up, he had a gun, there wasn't really a reason to sit there waiting on their pageant just because muh traditions.
>>
Place Tekkadan in shows where there are 5 minute transformation sequences and they'll win by default.
>>
>>13995557
Her problem is she has never fought against a real enemy before. Gjallarhorn has kept the peace for so long and has become corrupt that they have never had a real fight on their hands, and now they don't seem to know how to deal with it.
>>
>>13996447
Exactly. They don't have to live in the real world. You look at Mars, where kids have to work in PMCs or brothels or else starve on the street. You look at the colonies where people live in ghettos and slave their lives away in factories or as salarymen, while the wealthy live in luxury just the next cylinder over. And then you look at Earth, where aristocrats dress themselves up and march themselves about on fairytale notions of being knights and saviors, heads in their pretty little ornamented daydreams, while everyone else scrounges by in filth and squalor.

Then look what happens when their polished fantasy runs smack into the grime of the underclass. Kudelia was lucky, she left wealth and luxury of her own accord, and only had to angst over herself to adjust. Carta saw her daydream taken apart piece by piece, and died mewling for her unrequited love.
>>
File: Mercy-killing.jpg (55 KB, 844x476) Image search: [Google]
Mercy-killing.jpg
55 KB, 844x476
>>13995557
> Mika: Honor and glory… there’s no point in speaking to a killer who takes pride in such things.

> Carta: You would insult chivalry to my face, fiend?!

> Mika: Knights cannot save the world. They call certain methods of fighting good and others evil, acting as if there were some nobility to the battlefield. Such illusions, perpetrated by heroes throughout history, have led countless young men to their bloody deaths, all for the sake of this valor and glory.

> Carta: They are not illusions! Even the taking of life, as a human act, must have laws and ideals. Otherwise, every war would bring Hell to this world!

> Mika: And there you go. You heard her, Orga. Our hero here thinks the battlefield is something better than Hell. What a joke. It’s Hell itself. There’s no hope on the battlefield. It has nothing but unspeakable despair. Just a crime we call victory, paid for by the pain of the defeated. Yet humanity has never recognized this truth. And the reason for that is, in every era, a dazzling hero has blinded people with their legends and prevented them from seeing the evil of bloodshed. The true nature of humanity has not advanced a step beyond the Stone Age.
>>
>>13995557
>all she wanted was a fair duel

Who gives a shit? Why should a "fair duel" decide whether the candidate for prime minister makes it to the election in time? What's "honorable" about letting the beacon of hope for the working class get captured by the corrupt military aristocracy? This isn't a fucking game. If they played by "rules" like that, they never would have made it to Earth in the first place.

Carta was an arrogant grandstanding joke character and got exactly what she deserved.
>>
>>13995557
Both were forced into their situations by the misfortunes of their birth.

Tekkadan as space rats and human debris, forced to cling to a rifle and sell their souls for basic necessities, Carta and Gali to uphold some antiquated ideal of noblesse obliege.

Mika only saw an enemy who killed a friend, not some worthy opponent to duel. He tried that early on in the series, it wasn't his style.
>>
>>13995557
>she did nothing wrong
Bitch killed Biscuit.
Yes, they made her a sympathetic character, but that's standard Gundam good-people-on-both-sides drama. She's being totally selfish and stuck up, though, considering she didn't show any more remorse for Biscuit than Mikazuki showed for her "elite" guard.
The fact that she had her combat squad do a fucking choreographed cheer the first time she faced Tekkadan is evidence of her ineptitude. War is not nice, war is not fair. She killed one of Tekkadan's inner circle and then treated the rematch like a sporting event and got REKT for it.
>>
>>13995924
That just makes it more ludicrous
>>
Mika realized something that she mentioned Mcgillis name.
>>
>>13996352
/m/ has no elegance
>>
The fuck? Why would anyone root for Carta? She's no better than the idiot from episode 1. They're just too stupid to survive in this series.
>>
>>13995557
War ain't fair you whiny little bitch
>>
>>13996648
>noblesse obliege
Just noblesse. There's no oblige in the way Gjallahorn operates.
>>
>>13995924
Armed conflict, then. If you're wearing a uniform and shooting at someone, you're a soldier and you get treated as one. God help you if you're not wearing a uniform.
>>
Daily reminder that she isn't dead and the series will end with a scene of her being wheeled around in a wheelchair by Gaelio while she spouts commands at him.
>>
>>13996845
This. Her naiveness caused her to die.
>>
>>13996352
Duels and honor are only for knights, though. You can't just let yourself be killed because some prat doesn't follow your rules. Rats are to be put down like rats, not given a heraldry just so you can joust.

Carta should have realized these people didn't share her traditions the moment they used a ship's prow as a can-opener.
>>
>>13995557
I honestly do not see the appeal of this character. Its just like another gyanko situation where a bunch of people are cumming themselves to a weird looking character.

Carta from the thumbnail looks like a dried corpse.
>>
>>13996976
That's because she is a corpse there.

It's mostly she's been the only colorful or halfway entertaining character in 23 episodes. And then died after a brutal mech beating.
>>
>>13995557
I was fine with them issuing a duel. But it was really stupid(and it showed) to be outside your cockpits in range of hostile forces who are trying to kill you. They didn't even have the upper hand to give demands. They were outnumbered and the train could outrun them.
>>
>>13996371

What about Sven?
>>
File: 55360913_p0_master1200.jpg (206 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
55360913_p0_master1200.jpg
206 KB, 600x600
They killed off the best character of the show.
>>
>>13996371
Setsuna never stopped killing people in either seasons.
>>
>>13997181
>expecting someone who expresses his distaste like a 11 year old to pay attention to a show
>>
>>13996371
>> Amuro wouldn't kill Char in spite of having more than his fair share of chances to do so
Like when?
>>
File: 1411144514265.jpg (32 KB, 382x363) Image search: [Google]
1411144514265.jpg
32 KB, 382x363
>>13996348

It is actually one of these things.
>>
At the end of the day, you can argue all day over whether or not Carta was stupid, or Mikazuki is a savage or a pragmatist, or if chivalry has any place in mech battles, or whether this was thematically appropriate.

But in the end, it all comes down to one thing, which is that Carta is likable and nonthreatening, while Mikazuki is unlikable and bland and the people cheering him are all shitters crying about rich bastards who need to be shown what's what like Bernie Sanders fans.
>>
>>13997253
>the people cheering him are all shitters crying about rich bastards who need to be shown what's what like Bernie Sanders fans.
I thought the people cheering him on were all shitters crying about might make right like Trump fans.

At any rate I have no clue why people still watch this show. Gjallarhorn is monstrously incompetent for an organization that supposedly runs the entire solar system. It doesn't make them more interesting, it makes them worse.
>>
>>13996371

It is a breath of fresh air agreed, but i'm just concerned it's going too far though.

Paired with the fact that Mika comes off as cold, ruthless and relentless in a desire to kill anything in the group's way. It's bordering on simply inhumane and scary to the audience.

He was always lacking character or personality before, but here that twixt his recent actions genuinely portray him as an unsympathetic monster to the viewer.

And i thought he couldn't become any more brutal after killing Crank in the third episode.
>>
>>13997253
Mikazuki may be unlikable, but he isn't exactly bland. His motivations and actions are more subtle than most protagonists but they are there. He wants Orga to take them 'somewhere better' and when Orga faltered, he kicked him in the pants to get him going again. The method he used was manipulative and wrong, but if he didn't do it their group would just fall apart and be slaughtered later on. Merribit had the right idea, but she dithered about until Mika took matters into his own hands after watching her faff around wondering if maybe she should talk to Orga.

His recent actions have also been met with disgust by his own group, only the little impressionable kids seeing it as something remotely positive. But even then it was ostensibly because he saw a good friend get killed in front of him, felt threatened and his protective instinct flared and he tagged all of Gjallarhorn as an enemy to be eliminated.

>>13997278
Gjallarhorn does have competent officers like Gaelio, it's just that 300 years of stagnation has left them bloated and filled with officers not experienced on the field of battle. Carta was portrayed as incompetent because she was put there as a figurehead and held no real power in the organization. Her sheltered upbringing was shown in how she romanticizes battle and doesn't adapt to the more pragmatic if 'dirty' tactics employed by children who only know how to fight and kill. Currently Gjallarhorn runs the solar system because of their monopoly on weapons and Ahab reactor technology and only poses as a peacekeeping force.
>>
>>13995897
The problem is that aside from Chocolate Man being a faggost as is usual for masked assholes, Crank,Ein Gaelio and Carta are good people doing their job while Tekkadan is a borderline terrorist organization taking with them a guy who was exiled for being too much of a faggot and a lady who knows fuck all about the world, when they reach their destination they are going to make things worse, for literally everyone on Mars and Earth, if they wanted to push the thing about Gjallhorn being a bunch of corrupt fucks they should have choose actual corrupt people to do that instead of normal if incredibly dumb people to portray that because now we have people actually wondering if the protags are the good guys thanks to the brutality of their humanoid plot device
>>
>>13997297
>I only watch shows with clearly defined lines of good and bad
The whole idea that the protagonists aren't knights in shining armor and the antagonists aren't fully comprised of evil people wanting to destroy the world or enslave everyone is what makes the show interesting.
>>
>>13997181
Not even in the movie he stopped killing poeple, he only stopped trying to kill the ELS because he didn't want to anger them further and there was literally no point in killing a self replicating monster and even then he still went and started killing them when he needed to
>>
>>13995557
she was a part of an organization that existed to enforce colonial rule over an entire fucking solar system. Of fucking cource she deserved this shit. They all did.
>>
>>13997293

Nigga he is bland as fuck.

"Orga tell me what to do so I can go maximum edge on people" isn't interesting or complex at all. He comes off as just some hateful, broken cunt. And it's not like that type of character can't be interesting, it's just that he is not. He has barely developed, his interactions with other characters are few between and forced as fuck when they happen. He's not entertaining in any way except for violence, only that's not entertaining either because he is so far above everyone else that it's like he's picking on babbies.

And you know what? People like Heero even though Heero was almost the same thing. People like Setsuna even though he was a broken child soldier too. People like Kamille even though he was an absolute psycho in the beginning. But Mikazuki has been this way until almost damn near the end of the show and nothing has changed. The enemies are not more challenging. He himself has grown almost negligibly. Everyone around him is boring as fuck too.

Look at the reactions to the Carta beatdown. People who approve aren't even saying "yeeeah they got revenge for Biscuit ;_;" or anything involving actual character. It's all "fuck those rich corrupt cunts, go underdogs" because Mika is SO bland people have to impress a concept onto him.

tl;dr this show is painfully disappointing.
>>
>>13997302
Except the anime keeps bashing over our head about the poor orphans except all they did now was kill anyone who crossed their path and looked funny at them, they are no better than goddamn thugs and its funny you say that the heroes do not need to be knights in shinning armor, when Gundam Wing, 00, Igloo all have people who are against the main government and still don't come off as fucking caricatures and make you interested in their story, fucking hell two are literal terrorists and one is the "wvil" army of the original gundam
>>
File: 1457928298448.jpg (326 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1457928298448.jpg
326 KB, 480x640
>>13995657
>And a great childbearing body.

second that.

why can't we have family-person warriors in Anime? officers are in a prime position to get 3x 11 months maternity leave, hire 2 quality nannies, and be home 3 months of the year + small trips to raise a family.

Carta, dead and leaving behind 3 kids?

that would be fucking character gold....
>>
>>13995784
>Mika is a damn sociopathic coldblooded killer and yet he's the less stupid character in the whole cast

holy fuck a member of 4chan finally gets it

Mika is amazing because he's a core of kill wrapped in a bundle of chill

opposite of Amuro
>>
File: 1453262055208.jpg (111 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1453262055208.jpg
111 KB, 1280x720
Honestly I think Mika is fine. It's his supporting cast that is lacking. In the beginning Mika came off as fantastic because the rest of the cast played off his. Orga planned and Mika executed with the rest of the cast pulling their weight on screen. Now Orga hasn't done shit, Akihiro had a brief moment or two but other than that he's done fuck all, and Kudelia has taken away any sense of family the viewer felt. I firmly believe that if you kill her off along with some of the other dead weight and bring back that team dynamic he would feel refreshing again.
>>
>>13997415
A core of chill wrapped in a bundle of kill?
>>
>>13995557
The prevailing theory is that it's dumb and disconnected from reality to expect kids who have gone through all kinds of shit to give you a fair duel which you don't deserve.
However, if that's indeed what they were going for, the point was terribly, horribly bungled for a myriad reason, but one among them being the fact that Carta was, in just a handful of episodes, made into a more sympathetic character than resident-sociopath, no-real-development Mika.

So, yeah, the director for that episode fucked up. Because I don't really think it was the writing so much as the directing of the last two or so episodes. Her death was wasted on a hypothetical point that, if it was indeed the point, was failed to be made and has only surfaced due to our fanatic speculation.
>>
>>13997193
I know man but I still had to say it.
>>
>>13995621
"her misdeed was not to figure out *my* political view of things!!! She deserved DEATH for that!!!!! AND PAINNNN!!! YEAAH!!!!!"

You're a fucking fascist who thinks himself progressive. It's turds like you who give energy to turds like Trump.
>>
I'm supposed to feel bad for a woman that picked out here subordinates because they looked like her first crush?

I'm supposed to feel bad for a woman that got her job due to nepotism?
>>
Man, I can't believe there's another thread crying over this character.

I've already said all this, and I have a feeling no one cares cause either their waifu senses are overriding their better judgement, or they're just trolling. (Or Mika and the overall presentation of the series is so badly handled that its sending mixed signals. I guess that's fair too.), but Carta did plenty wrong.

To make it out like she's this wronged, honorable future samurai is just stupid. She didn't have to invade that island, going as far as to bypass international red tape using her family ties, all so she could play victorian knight with her conspicuously all blonde and pretty brigade, using plain stupid tactics that not only got a bunch of her own subordinates killed...but ended up killing AND martyr'ing Biscuit. The Tekkaden could probably have been more reasoned with by that point, but she had to escalate things just for the sake of her ego and now they're out for blood.

She wasn't bad per se, just horribly out of touch with actual war (which hadn't been fought to this scale for some time.) She was just grossly incompetent. Her actually expecting to get some stupid "fair" duel after everything she did was just pure stupidity.

So yeah...I don't feel anything for this character. But I get it, she's supposed to be a victim of both mismanagement, and being out-of-touch with the true brutality of war. Problem is this series' pacing has been so bad that I just haven't gotten that at all. Really, I kind of think she's a clumsily written as the rest of the series.

But all that said, she did PLENTY wrong and did it so obviously and with no subtlety in the writing that it's honestly breathtaking how much some people here are willing to give her the benefit of a doubt simply because she's probably waifu material for them.
>>
>>13997589

No one is saying she did nothing wrong, retard.
It's that with all she did wrong they fucked up the show so badly that Carta still comes off as a sympathetic character while the entire Tekkadan are a bunch of bland psychos.
>>
>>13997589
Regardless of what she did wrong people care more about her, Gaelio and Ein more than any of the Tekkadan kids. They could kill Mika next episode and I don't think anyone would care.
>>
>>13997518
We already had a /pol/ thread today and it got deleted. Take the hint.
>>
>>13996318
They think G-Reco was more interesting.
>>
>>13996371
>Well you can appreciate an MC who thinks objectively.
I'm sure killing a noble and playing into Blonde Dude's plan won't bring the wrath of God on Tekkadan.

>>13997228
CCA. He pushed him into Axis to shame him.
>>
>>13997598
she was a generic incompetent character who liked to speak grandly about honor and bullshit when she was the one who stood still and let most of her blond-boy squad get destroyed and decided to chase after the enemy commander because it was an easy target

she would not be out of place as one of those idiot characters in OZ who are mentally incompetent when it came to actual combat, like the one alliance commander who insisted on being on the front lines in a fucking zeppelin
>>
Gee, I wonder how many people would cry for Chara Soon or Mashmyre's death.
>>
>>13995621
Who cares? I still find the Tekkadan to be more evil.
>>
>>13997868
I know I did.
>>
>>13997868

Are there people who seriously don't like Mashmyre?
>>
>>13997306
There's nothing wrong with it. Literally.
>>
>>13997968
some people don't like his "bumbling subordinate" archetype in the beginning, others complain about his character not appearing in the story for many episodes and returning as a completely different personality and as a strong newtype (seems to be the result of being enhanced into a cyber newtype but it was not ever explained)
>>
>>13997856
>CCA. He pushed him into Axis to shame him.
Are you retarded? He lodged him into the rock of a asteroid base half the size of a city filled with nukes. Amuro was definitely out to kill him in a dramatic ironic death.
>>
File: 8e4f22af.jpg (22 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
8e4f22af.jpg
22 KB, 400x300
>>13997868
Mashy was a riot at the start of ZZ, came back at the end even more fabulous and went out in a blaze of glory. Chara was kind of the same way.

Illia is still best girl though.
>>
>>13997986
the nukes were gone, and amuro was planning to push the asteroid back into space so char would have been safe had he still been in the cockpit
>>
>>13997518
And you're a retard who thinks himself intelligent. You post reeks of reddit/gaia btw.
>>
>>13996371
>doesn't take hostages even though he could give Tekkadan a huge political advantage
>thinks objectively

Even "Old Man Genocide" Flit was more rational than Mika. Mika's a pitbull, a dumb sack of violent shit. He hasn't had a single rational thought in his life.
>>
>>13997868
>Mashmyre
fuck i thought he's gonna make it out alive being the comic relief
>>
>>13998007
What hostage could he take? Carta? You think anyone outside of Gaelio gives a shit about her?
>>
>>13998020
>tape her to Gusion Rebake's chest during a fight against Gaelio
>force him to surrender his precious family Gundam when it's obvious he cares too much about her

Sounds like a smart plan to me.
>>
>>13998020

Even if that were true. How would they know that?
>>
>>13998042
you can't move a bunch of ships and perform an orbital drop operation without someone noticing
>>
>>13997868
Those were good characters. Loved them. Felt bad for their ends.
>>
So how many of you think Mika was in the wrong for taking that opportunity?
A lot of people on /a/ seem to think he is an asshole now?
I myself think it is stupid to wait outside her MS to challenge some merc out in the open.
>>
>>13998179

Yes, it's stupid, but he slaughtered them when they weren't even in their mechs. It's just not sporting or entertaining. It's villainous. At least with Crank they engaged on the battlefield. In this episode he just suckerpunched them while they were unarmed.
>>
>>13998185
But it is not like this is some competition with rules and sportsmanship.
I mean they are kinda fighting a sort of war against the state.
It would be even more stupid to not take a golden opportunity like that.
>>
>>13998195

Give me a break. Mika and his crew have two Gendums and a super-Graze that they can pilot with their minds. Carta has two buttboys and all three of them are total losers piloting the same Grunt mech that Mika has been styling on since episode 1. Carta was going to get destroyed anyway. Everyone knows it. And everyone knows she was dumb for requesting a duel. But regardless, when someone requests a duel you don't then proceed to fly at them while they're standing outside of their mechs and then slaughter them.

He pretty much pulled the dickest of moves you can make in a mecha show. There is no defending it. It just looks bad.
>>
>>13998204
But to be fair she herself is not that much better.
She did run away from her fight with mika to attack the car biscuit and orga were in.
>>
犯罪者に決闘を申し込むのが間違っている、見かけに騙されてはいけない、ダブルオーの時もなんであんなゴミに負けなければならないと言った時、自分の行動や武器を使って無許可で嫌がらせをする連中だ気分が悪くて当たり前、それで嫌になったんだ口だけスタッフが、どんなゴミ兵器も無敵
>>
>>13997988

She just vanishes completely. Almost as if she was just there to make sure Mashymre ends up dead and then consider her job completed.
>>
>>13998209

That was different because that was an actual battle. This time, they weren't battling, she approached them with that red Gjallarhorn cape of parley or whatever to talk it out. A fight hadn't even begun.
>>
>>13998204
What? It's a war.
Do you think Mika cares about looking bad?
He just needs to get his job done, which is killing her. If someone requests a duel, you fuck them up.
>>
>>13998216
She didn't want to talk she wanted to fight 3 on 3.
Also it is kinda bullshit they have to fight fair when she wants to.
>>
>>13998219

He doesn't have to care about looking bad. He still looks bad. If you really wanted to and didn't care about the consequences you could shit in the street. But people would still look at you and think you're disgusting. Same concept.
>>
>>13998219
>What? It's a war.

It's quite clearly an insurrection from their end.

80% of Gjallarhorn could give a fuck about these kids and god help them if they did.
>>
>>13998225
There is a difference between randomly shitting on the street and suprise attacking someone who wants to kill you and already killed on of your friends.
>>
There's a reason you can't shoot enemy pilots in the air when they've ejected but you can shoot paratroopers in the air.
>>
>>13998237
Is there a rule that you can't attack enemy pilots just before they enter their plane to attack you?
>>
>>13995557
It's like Wing all over again.

>Protagonists are edgy assholes with a shit ton of literal power but not much brainpower
>Villains are smartly dressed, mostly honorable soldiers who are serving their country, excluding the corrupt villainous higher-ups

Treize and Gaelio are the true heroes.
>>
>>13998213
I feel like you're trying to make a point with a reference to another series, like seed or some shit, but I can't read chex mix so fuck it.

As for all the people saying Mikas in the wrong for attacking instead of accepting their faggot duel, it's completely idiotic. The rest of his crew are a bunch of shitsippers too.

>"Oh there's only three of them and they want to duel? Haha we outnumber them anyways XD"
>"Mika how could you?? That's so brutal they just wanted to a fair duel."

Get fucked. It's like some reddit fag playing dark souls invading people, but when he's busy bowing, his opponent is whoopty whopping their sword up his ass. Makes zero fucking sense.
>>
>>13998250
>>Protagonists are edgy assholes with a shit ton of literal power but not much brainpower
is this is why IBO is much more popular ?
>>
Tekkadan didn't need to accept the duel but at least they could have told them first. Clearly Carta had no intent of starting a fight then and there at that moment. That's why she came out of her cockpit.
>>
>>13998246
then you destroy the plane.
>>
>>13998288
Okay then lets say the enemy fighter pilots are inside their plane or on their plane trying to board is .
Are you supposed to wait untill they are ready so that they can fight back and kill you and your comrades?
Bcause Carta and her crew were on their MS when Mika attacked he hardly could have destroyed those suits without killing them.
>>
>>13998297
its fair game when they are in the jet
>>
>>13998221
>>13998219
You guys don't really get the meat of the problem, it's not that it doesn't makes sense to utterly destroy your enemies. In a real-world scenario that makes complete sense, but the problem is that the writing lacks severely in verisimilitude to the point where what should be villains that have only vaguely humanizing traits are made to look noble while the heroes are so scrappy they leave a wake of brutal destruction wherever they go.

Carta exists for a few reasons. One is to create an obviously inept character with some sympathetic qualities, but she looks like a joke because she has a clearly anachronistic sense of war. Another is to create another leader character that Mika can lay into because that's what the audience wants, an MC who crushes the villains. She also serves as a view into the corruption of Gjallarhorn and is yet another tool for Mcgillis to use in his grand plan.

The problem comes in then when it's time for her redemption fight. She and crank are very similar in that they are thrust into the fray by an obviously "evil" leader (Mcgillis convinces her asshole not-dad to put her back in the fight) but the difference here is that Crank was expected to win by his superior, but who could have expected Carta to? Carta goes from being a jokey whipping dog to being a kicked puppy because apparently the entire universe is out to get her (which in the sense that the universe is a fictional creation, it is) so she becomes unintentionally sympathetic.

Basically the show suffers from being too much in the opposite direction of shows with "just" protagonists, y'know, the kind where the MC is a "good guy" not on his own merits but by the fact that every other character in the show is such an unmitigated asshole so the audience appreciates him. Here we have the POOR ORPHANS basically trashing everything that crosses their path while Carta gets a flashback to her childhood trying to cheer on Mcgillis. The show wants to have and eat cake.
>>
>>13998219
Because he never accepted a duel before.

Also its not a war at this point.
>>
>>13998334
Why would he and should he accept it?
There was literally no reason for him to accept.
Why should he accept a "honorable duel" after she pussied out of her last fight with him to attack a car with no defense whatsoever
>>
>>13998185
The same thing happened when they did their "FORTUDINOUS" cheer on the island, one of them got sniped mid-cheer. It's one thing to expect an unknown enemy to be open to chvalrous combat, it's wholly another thing to act surprised the second time that a guerilla combat unit doesn't square off with you in an open field.

Actually, this is the third time she faced them. The first time they just steamrolled past her and went on their way into re-entry. Then she tracked them down for a rematch purely motivated by pride. Then she tracked them down again for a rematch purely motivated by pride. They didn't chase her down, she picked the second and third fights herself.
>>
>>13998221
>she wanted to fight 3 on 3.
And Mika gave them a 3 to 1 advantage.
Why is everyone acting like he was being unfair?
>>
>>13998357

They were in their mechs the other times and actually entered the fight. This time they were outside of their mechs talking about when the fight would be on. If it was all "exactly the same" people wouldn't be reacting the way they are now.

This is like if the first fight was two boxers in a ring and the first boxer starts posing in front of the crowd at the start of the round, and he gets punched for it. That's amusing and fair game.

The "duel" last episode would be like if the first boxer was discussing when the next fight would be scheduled and then the other guy hit him with a rock and then bit his ear off.
>>
>>13998376
Yeah, but this isn't a competition with rules and sportmanship this is practically a war.
You don't wait like sitting ducks for your enemies to be ready to kill you.
You strike when they least expect it.
Also she didn't think it was fair for her to runaway during her fight with mika to attack Orga and Biscuit to attack when they were practically defensless.
Also I am not saying that it was wrong for to attack biscuit, but what I am saying is that it is childish and naive to expect a fair and square duel on your terms or when you feel up to it.
>>
Was it Mcgillis the true liar sending all his friends to the frontline to die?
>>
>>13998436
Depends on who you are asking some think that it was Mika lying about biscuit and chocolate man lying to Carta and Gali-gali with the final lie being Gaelio lying to be chocolate man to Carta.
>>
I don't understand why people get so worked up over this duel thing. It's just another, of the many, instance of "Mikazuki so dark! Gundam for mature people *blink blink* buy the gunpla *blink blink*".
I would be more pissed by how manipulative the writing is trying to be.
Carta was a joke character, nothing more. Adding bland flashbacks didn't really add anything to her personality (she had a crush on a guy she spoke with one time in the present time. Wow, it's fucking nothing), and it turned just into more stupid and blatant deathflags.
And every time someone is going to die we get stupid flashbacks, because Okada wants you to cry. Boohoo so sad.
"Oh, hey, I had a secret brother/tragic past" + sad music on flashback is not fleshing out your cast. Especially when you kill said cast in the same episode or put it in the backseat (Guts says hello).

And don't forget that all this crap about POOR ORPHANS being assholes is not about kids being evil because it is in the human nature, it's about fat, ugly and evil old men creating a situation where POOR ORPHANS grow up the wrong way. Which is what Kudelia has been smashing our balls for the past 23 episodes.
But I am sure Okada knows so much about war, orphans and this is all a great commentary on contemporary problems Japan is facing today. I bet she would never write something like this for the sake of cheap drama for teenagers.
>>
>>13998320
This guy gets it. The problem isn't off what actions were smart but of a narrative on and how it informs our views on the characters. It's like when in Try the tryhards shot at Minato during the combination sequence, they used an underhand tactic which although is smart doesn't make us appreciate them and makes you want to see Tryon overcome this. We associate fairness with goodness even if it is not always the case and want to see someone slighted overcome adversity as that is how drama is created.

An underdog who tries hard is always popular (especially in western media). The orphans are meant to be this yet they have 2 weapons of mass destruction, have never lost a fight and only incurred a few loses. They quickly joined one of the biggest criminal organisations and with a crappy speech freed a set of colonies. Mika is good at fighting, likes fighting, is liked by everyone and everyone says how great he is. This last line is a big problem in general as so many groups start saying how great they are or dam them for being so great. His hopes and dreams are pretty nothing and are rarely brought up, even when the rest of the crew show one it is a generic concept like family or freedom not a real goal. Really this is usually what a villain has where they strive for a concept to realise they've messed up in some way. Mix this in with them murdering a lot of people including other orphans and random soldiers doing their job it means they aren't a sympathetic group.

This in turn makes Ghorn seem like the underdog as they are always losing pretty badly to the orphans. They aren't well written at all but they at least have ideas, dreams and needs that they talk about a lot and appear to be acting on within the fights. Ein is an awful character but his actions in fight are to achieve a clear goal which could happen depending on the outcome. This is why despite not being good characters people find them easier to route for than a bunch of merch feral children.
>>
>>13998468
So in short what you mean is the good guys aren't that good and the bad guys aren't thst bad?
>>
>>13998464

Hey shithead, everyone knows the writing is shit and manipulative. That's why everyone is so bored with IBO, because it's all so fucking stale and by-the-numbers and predictable. The show feels absolutely dead and soulless with everything told and not shown and not a single likable or even compelling character. The entire reason people flocked to Carta was because in a show so devoid of absolutely anything, Carta was a breath of fresh air. Carta isn't a good character, but she is the closest thing IBO has had in over 10 episodes to a character people want to watch. And they had this edgemaster slay her in a way that was genuinely and pointlessly cruel.

So it doesn't matter that Carta is a retard or represents a corrupt system. What matters is that this character never had a shot, yet in being a loser was the most likable person in the show yet. And then her guard gets cut down outside their mechs and then she dies without even being able to put up a fight, literally trying to flee from the battle after 2 seconds, while these POOR ORPHANS just cheer and demolish any sympathy you might have had for them.

That's why people are so worked up. Because there is no reason, at all, to root for the main characters now, and they murdered the only character in the show that was given the semblance of a buildup.
>>
>>13998468
> with a crappy speech freed a set of colonies.
Fuck, I thought I overcame the trauma, but you had to remind me of that.
>>
>>13998464
It's because people are looking for anything to hold onto. You see this with a lot of bad shows where people say "yeah it is bad but I am holding out for muh husbando XD"

It is sort of like post purchase rationalisation

>>13998472
No as that is what most gundams do but they balance it properly

The problem is the good guys are every good, interesting or likeable while the bad guys are bad and not well written either but at least have something going on that people latch onto not just a 2 minute scene where they go hey remember family tho
>>
>>13998489
*aren't very
>>
File: LostLikeTearsInTheRain.gif (2 MB, 500x362) Image search: [Google]
LostLikeTearsInTheRain.gif
2 MB, 500x362
>>13996371
>Kamille is a kids name

kekarooney
>>
>>13998483
You're an idiot if you believe that it was the content of the speech that had anything to do with it.

As soon as Kudelia managed to broadcast to earth, they were basically home free.
The public relations people called off the attack and made started smoothing things over immediately.

That doesn't make the dorts free.
They just get more favorable treatment until public attention is occupied by something else.
At that point the industry will recant on their promises and it will revert to being a shithole.
>>
>>13998341
Ah yes, the defenseless 'car' with chainguns attached to it...
>>
>>13998480

> she dies without even being able to put up a fight, literally trying to flee from the battle after 2 seconds, while these POOR ORPHANS just cheer and demolish any sympathy you might have had for them.

She tries to fight for a lot longer than 2 seconds and no-one cheers. All the younger kids watch attentively while all the shunts, including the other orphans are annoyed or put out and thinks it's a shifty way to fight. Orga calls Mika off the first chance he gets.
>>
>>13998511

Ah yes, the chainguns that'd do as much damage to her mobile suit as a peashioter would to me.
>>
>>13998341
>Why should he accept a "honorable duel" after she pussied out of her last fight with him to attack a car with no defense whatsoever
That wasn't a duel both he and Crank attacked mobile workers before they fought.

He would have had the advantage in a fair fight too.
Its also announcing to even the more honorable members of Gjallarhorn that they want to fight dirty.
>>
>>13997312

>tl;dr this show is painfully disappointing.

That's Mari Okada for you. Have you seen M3 The Dark Metal? It's awful as fuck.

The moment that Ein is more interesting than Mika though both are psychopathic lads right now.
>>
>>13998505
Except the show just declared Dorts to have "Equal rights" and case closed.

>>13998511
Perhaps they shouldn't have been sitting in the middle of a MS battlefield with their commander sitting on top in the open broadcasting orders.
>>
>>13998520

I saw Hanasaku Iroha. It was mind numbingly retarded. People praise it on /a/ to this day.
>>
>>13998516
What do you mean Crank he was fighting with Carta.
>>
>>13998341
>after she pussied out of her last fight with him to attack a car with no defense whatsoever
You mean the time they were attacked in the middle of a speech? Once that happens it is all fair game as the orphans showed they were playing dirty. The orphans can't be holding any moral high ground on this one

This however was a new fight, similar to how Crank came back after the first fight with a request.

>>13998516
It also shows that the corrupt members apparently have more honour than the orphans
>>
>>13998522
>>13998515
Meant to send to this one, dunno how I fucked that up.
>>
>>13998522

Perhaps she shouldn't talk about honor if she's going to attack someone who can't possibly hurt her and whose only recourse due to that is to run away?
>>
>>13998522
> they shouldn't have been sitting in the middle of a MS battlefield with their commander sitting on top in the open broadcasting orders.
That was beyond retardation, especially for a group of soldiers with combat experience.
But I guess forced drama is something you have to master to be part of the hacks.
>>
>>13995557
man she looks so hot
>>
>>13998527

She took part in a simultaneous attack from both the sea and air using a numbers advantage and a secret attack on people using mobile workers armed to th teeth. She wasn't being honorable in the first place, and no amount of posing will change that.
>>
>>13998179
Not stupid it works but still a dickmove.

It's not a battle it's a massacre, the episode is there just for unnecessary drama and slaughter to show what those "bad guys" really deserve.
>>
>>13998533
Thanks to Ahab microwave reactors.
>>
>>13995621
i love how you explain your reasons very informative i'm not being sarcastic by the way
>>
>>13998534
How is having a better military dishonorable?
>>
>>13998544

A sneak attack to capture people id at the very least. As is attacking from a front your opponent can't use, like the sea. Or air. Or using numbers against them because you don't like them. Depends on your definition.
>>
>>13998553

They have two Gundams.
>>
>>13998534
>simultaneous attack
But they didn't until after the failed speech. Smart positioning isn't dishonourable

This is just getting into stupid semantics. What Mika did this episode makes him look like a dick no mater how many why should he's you add. You can argue what you think about Carta's action till you are blue in the face but at best you'll get to a him sinking to her level
>>
>>13995557
I just can't understand the critics for this show. All the time they complain how typical, cliche and boring all of it is and when they finally get around one of those tropes (in this case, more talking than actual fighting) they ask why they do something different for once.

You guys really only bitch and moan, don't you.
>>
Lets move on. What about Ein?
>>
>>13998557
>They have two 300-year-old museum pieces.
And?
>>
>>13998572
Two museum pieces that have basically crushed brand new MS with ease, constantly, without trying.
>>
>>13998566
I'm hoping there is no second season and he kills all the orphans.

He has the same revenge obsession, but he redeemed his character a bit when he took the blow for Gaelio and acknowledged his faults.

>>13998572
That is probably the worst argument in the thread after Gaelio switches to a museum piece to keep up with them.
>>
>>13998562
Nothing bad in doing cliches but they made even made those cliches horrible. That's why it sucks.

They try to make a turn around but still gets sucks.
>>
File: 1457899313271[1].jpg (357 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1457899313271[1].jpg
357 KB, 1280x720
>>13998566
He's now a dickless man bolted in a robot fueled by anger and revenge.
>>
Sooo, am I the only person who was hoping the not quite christmas cake would be the one to try to get orga out of his funk and after getting into a screaming match it ends up in angry rape sex. The kind that fangirls right about in bad word porn and the kind that dude fap over in badly drawn/animated hentai?

Nah, had to get those fujo dollars I reckon.

Anyway, I don't even know what's going on anymore. They have everything they need to be grunts/pirates who live on the fringes and are trying to eek out a living and influence political events as well as protect their lady of hope.
I mean, fuck.
The fuck are they even doing anymore. Bitch that killed Biscuit(BISCUIT NOOOOOOOOOO) is dead. Their revenge is over.
They're all trying to get some random old cunt elected for...reasons.

I also hoped that gats would go berserk. I mean, he looks like gats and has a four armed quasi-gundam and needd a giant mech destroying mace weapon. Maybe the one that boy hungry rapist space pirate was using. That shit was kinda beast.

I mean, those kinds of over the top weapons should have been standard the moment that thing showed up.
And no giant mass drivers or insane over the top rail guns or other dirty realistic weapons taken to the extreme?
It's got cyberpunk, quasi religious stuff to exploit, and dirty real weapons.
The mechs should all been death metal as fuck.
That's fucking awesome.
Would have been great to get away from the fancy fairy dust bullshit that gundam had devolved into.
>>
>>13998582
He's directly fused with the gundam frame using ancient forbidden cybernetics.
Not the dirty garbage that the kids from mars are using.
The real pure procedure, that might have been prefected after centuries, that men and women volunteered to undergo to end the calamaty war with a scorched earth suppresion campaign.

What he's become or is feeling might be something that no one can describe.

Fucks sake, man sacrificed his own body and life multiple times to save some random asshole he barely knew for duty and honor. And now he has an invincible indestructable body and access to power that no one has seen for thousands of years? Think he gives a shit?

Dude is probably fucking ecstatic about being able to live his life of pure duty and being a nigh invincible pilot/gundam.
Extra pottery would be if it was built to look like a highly customzed version of crank zents suit draped on a gundam frame.
>>
>>13998557

gundams are canonically barely any better than a graze. the only reason they're any 'good' is because of MC plot hax aka alaya-vagina
>>
>>13998558
He is right though. She would've become their Team Rocket if he didn't crush most of her body from the neck downwards.
>>
>>13998562
Understand one thing about those so called "critics", some will complain about contents, some about execution and others about both.

You're being selective in a very misguided way.
>>
>>13998610
>ancient forbidden cybernetics
EXA-DB!?
>>
>>13998615
That's why you should wear seatbelts and helmets kids. Galla-dork guys didn't learn from Zeeks.
>>
>>13998610
>indestructible body

topkek
>>
>>13998610
>Fucks sake, man sacrificed his own body and life multiple times to save some random asshole he barely knew for duty and honor.
They had plenty of time while Tekkedan was going in circles in space.
>>
File: Even in death I still surf.jpg (725 KB, 1600x1024) Image search: [Google]
Even in death I still surf.jpg
725 KB, 1600x1024
>>13998610
HE IS GUNDAM!
>>
What a waste of time that duel was.

At least ein sounds happy.

>>13996371
>Kamille is a girls name
Kek
>>
>>13998622
Not really, no.
Well kinda.

>>13998614
Was hinted that the suit had symbiotic AI. Plus with how Ein is built into the system, and the vajra system works, and the fact that it is a Frame that you can drape any tech onto...
It seems to indicate that there was a more dirty organic nature to the gundam frames and that the other half of the gundams power, it's true power lies in powerful attachments and infinite utility of the gundam frames themselves.

The dual power system is an interesting thing that is never actually explored in any real capacity.
>>
>>13998522
Yeah I know.
The fuck kind of retarded shit is that.
Dude doesn't even have a fucking shield or a fucking kevlar(or whatever gundam people in the future use) vest.

As a matter of fact, can he even use a mech?
Can he even fly anything?
>>
>>13995611
appearence wise yes
character wise she is actually a hammy garma
>>
>>13995939
>cucked till the end
Sucks to be Garma 2.0.
>>
>>13998667
The Gogg had two reactors and it didn't matter.
>>
>>13998711
I know, they simply threw that out without actually trying to make that into something ineresting.
Like it has increased power output allowing for more complex or powerful weapons and the only reason most people used a single energy system was because a dual one was too costly to create and maintain plus the energy efficiency plus the fact that they weren't in a massive war at the time means that a single well constructed suit would only ever need a single power system to perform it's duties.
>>
>>13998558

> You can argue what you think about Carta's action till you are blue in the face but at best you'll get to a him sinking to her level

Uh...my point all along was that they were at the same level. Saying that's the best I can do is kind of silly, given that what I was going for.
>>
>>13998647
>Ein sounds happy.

Somehow that name reminds me of a dog.
>>
>>13995897
I think that's intended to be something like
>Zeon is bad, Zeonists can be decent people supporting a wrong cause
But it really falls flat.
>>
>>13995621

Her main misfortune was playing soldier, really. If she'd stayed fat and content, none of it would have mattered.
>>
>>13997868
You didn't? You're a fucking psychopath.
>>
>>13998833
They're feeding him the same.
>>
>>13997868
Their deaths were comedy material, why would you cry over that?

>>13997988
>that character that appears out of nowhere and just vanishes the same way
>>
>>13998861
>posts on 4chan
>not a sociopath

Just saying, 4chan isn't exactly a bastion of normalcy.
>>
>>13998833
A fan of Cowboy Bebop, I take it?
>>
>>13998921
She's in the manga though like in the anime she also disappeared in the thin air.
>>
>>13998923
If even 4chan feels that you're a psychopathic murderer with a Gundam and feels sympathy for the antagonists, then you're pretty terrible, Mika.
>>
File: EC_Contemptor_Ancient_Sarancos.jpg (677 KB, 950x969) Image search: [Google]
EC_Contemptor_Ancient_Sarancos.jpg
677 KB, 950x969
Brother Ein! You awaken!

>BRING ME CHILDREN TO SLAUGHTER
>>
Do you think we will see Einz in all his cybernetic body horror glory?
>>
>>13999019
I hope not. It works better if we don't see what he looks like, because the "reality" is inevitably disappointing.
>>
>>13998758
"at best" implies the most favorable view the comment itself was implying that you were on the far end of the spectrum.

That post was not actually an agreement.
>>
The sad thing is that some people will praise IBO because Mika went full edge.
>>
>>13999051

I didn't say it was an agreement anon, only that at best was what I was shooting for, so implying that's the best I could do is silly.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.