[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oh no, I make the bad thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: detroit-become-human.jpg (29 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
detroit-become-human.jpg
29 KB, 600x300
Oh no, I make the bad thread.
>>
>>13992940
Does it have a release date yet?
>>
>>13992940
Zaibatsu better tear this shit to shreds.
>>
File: David_Cage_Bingo.jpg (40 KB, 497x497) Image search: [Google]
David_Cage_Bingo.jpg
40 KB, 497x497
>>13993224
>yfw it manages to not blow because Cahjé has an editor to reign him in

Oh who am I kidding we need more Cagewrecks in our lives.
>>
>>13992940
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVDDYQlmq0w
>>
i smell a failure in game design
>>
>>13994628
David Cage is a failure of a game designer.
>>
>>13995508
Despite all his rage, he is still David Cage.
>>
File: 1457512037278.jpg (19 KB, 511x288) Image search: [Google]
1457512037278.jpg
19 KB, 511x288
>>13995530
>>
Is this game supposed to be bad because it's bad, because it's written by TF2 spy after 5 lines of cocaine, or because there's some /pol/ connotations to it that keep spilling here?
>>
>>13995566
It's a Quantic Dream game. That's why.
>>
>>13992940
Is that the bitch from Hunger Games?
>>
>>13995566
Because it's a Dahvad Cahje game. It may not bad, but it won't be good.
>>
>>13995566
David Cage makes interesting games.
Unfortunately for Cage, interesting doesn't mean good.

In fact they tend to be trainwrecks, and not the fun kind but the kind that really test your patience but you find yourself drawn to them anyway.

That said, supposedly he has an editor working with him on this one, so maybe it won't suck. I've always believed Cage was just an editor short from making serviceable scripts for his pretentious interactive narrative.
>>
>>13995588
I know. I played the Fahrenheit Hobo Wizard Fimbulvinter game. I thought it wasn't too bad, but admittedly, it was before I had had encountered too many quicktime events.

Did Heavy Gay have quicktimeitis? Or did it have actual gaming content?
>>
>>13995566
Let me spoil Indigo Prophecy for you.

It starts off with you in control of a character who was possessed and killed someone. He has to investigate what happened to himself while evading the police.

It turns out that he was possessed by the magic of an ancient Mayan sorceror working for a secret society that rules the world that wants to kidnap an autistic girl who will give them the power to rule the world who is opposed by an artificial intelligence born from the internet in the 1980's and has become an energy being that also wants to rule the world.

Also the main character falls off a roof, dies, and becomes a zombie with hadouken powers that can run on walls.
>>
>>13995588
Didn't Cage work on Omikron, and wasn't it half decent?
>>13995597
Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls were both pretty much QTE: The Game.
>>
>>13995610
The thing is, that sort of pitch is the sort of insanity that you could enjoy... if Cage wasn't up his ass like he was some kind of auteur.

A small semblance of camp and awareness of how full of shit he is would go a long way. But as he progressed his works became more srsbsns as well as distancing themselves from game-elements in a negative way.

Personally I hope he learns something from Until Dawn, that game was everything Cage ever wanted to do with a Quantic Dream game... but done right.
>>
>>13995749
>>13995610
>>13995566
Okay let me add one more bit

When you start the game DAVID CAGE HIMSELF (they MADE A FUCKING IN-GAME MODEL JUST FOR HIM) appears and tells you how great the game is and how to appreciate it because it's a piece of art and you have to play it right otherwise you don't deserve to enjoy it.
>>
>>13995762
To be fair he's also there to run the player through a tutorial using a backstage metaphor that goes in hand with the whole idea that you're in an interactive movie.

But yes his biggest problem is he's yet to be humbled. If he could accept his fuckups and not try to be an auteur, I feel he could write up very entertaining material. Seriously, his ideas have some merit, they just need a lot of tightening up, and possibly a reintroduction of actual videogame mechanics.
>>
I think I'll stick with Darksiders, thankyouverymuch.
>>
>>13995762
David Cage reminds me of how Al Gore was in South Park Stick in Truth. You just have to unlock the key to his room where he secretly pretends to imagine himself as a successful Oscar winning director.
>>
File: 1413886657741.jpg (47 KB, 607x455) Image search: [Google]
1413886657741.jpg
47 KB, 607x455
>>13996081

Are they ever making a Darksiders 3?

> tfw never get to play as Pestilence firing virii bullets at mooks and fucking up mobs using a giant needle or some shit

Fucking Fury and Strife? What the fuck?
>>
>>13996093
Because Pestilence and Famine aren't cool or edgy sounding names.
>>
>>13995613
Omikron was forgettable at best
>>
>>13995610
You forgot the bad guy was going to kill everyone by making the world really cold
>>
>>13996099

They aren't? I'd have thought them more so than Fury and Strife. Shows what I know I guess. I thought they ditched them because they thought them less suitable as game leads. Especially Famine.
>>
David Cage is the....I don't know who to compare him to. He's not the Tommy Wiseau of video games because he's more competent then that, he just needs a good editor. He thinks he's like Kubrick, the difference is Kubrick actually was an auteur genius
>>
>>13996322
Zack Snyder when he did Sucker Punch?

That's the only time I can remember a guy wanting to make art but coming out with complete garbage on such a magnitude instead.
>>
>>13996322
Like Luc Besson if Luc Besson took himself seriously and not a guy who's in it to have fun.
>>
>>13996102
>David Bowie: the Game
>Forgettable

Omikron was made in 1999. That was before Cage put his crazy artiste hat on, or at least was able to hide it better.
>>
>>13996358
Yes it was forgettable. Outside of the music, there isn't really anything special about the game, aside from the fact that it's actually a GAME and not an interactive movie.
>>
File: 4.jpg (37 KB, 359x640) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
37 KB, 359x640
>>13992940
I recognize that lisp!
>>
>>13996466
The game aspect is presumably why it's considered better.
>>
>>13992940
SHAAAUUUUUN
>>
File: Noo.png (608 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Noo.png
608 KB, 1280x720
>>13992940
>>13995576
Jlaw?
>>
>>13992940
But I've already seen Ex Machina. She's only pretending to be human so she can escape, and she leaves the poor bastard to die.
>>
>>13995762
Oh for fuck's sake, he did that shit AGAIN? Fucking hell, fuck David Cage.

Only silver lining to this is the Saddness Trilogy now has an expansion pack, get to it zaibatsu.
>>
>>14004990
They're doing Heavy Rain again because Woolie never experienced JAYSUN
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.