[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so in terms of taxpayer dollars how much do you suppose it costs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1399276874568.jpg (340 KB, 850x923) Image search: [Google]
1399276874568.jpg
340 KB, 850x923
so in terms of taxpayer dollars how much do you suppose it costs to build something like a buster machine
>>
>>13992617
More money than all of the Forbes 400 combined, less money than all of the Drug Lords combined.
>>
>>13992617
>runs on two black holes
The fuck do you think?

Might cost less to mother fucking colonize space in real life.

But the real cost would be when the slightest thing goes wrong and now there's a black hole next to/on Earth and we're all sucked in.
>>
>>13992617
3 fiddy
>>
>>13992617

Earth is facing an existential threat by galaxy wide aliens. The world shifts to a Total War economy, so expenses aren't what people care about.
>>
>>13992637
>The fuck do you think?

It's complete impossibility in real world settings. I have no idea where to draw a point of reference so I have no idea WHAT to think
>>
>>13992637
Didn't they collapse the Excelion's warp drive into a black hole inside the solar system (like, within the orbit of Jupiter) in ep5? Wouldn't that cause a few problems, even if they managed to get it to orbit the sun / accelerate it out of the solar system? Or am I misunderstanding what they did there?
>>
>>13993265
It did cause some problems. The gravitational collapse apparently created some kind of shockwave that led to parts of earth being trashed pretty badly at the start of episode 6, and also kicked off the plot of SRW @G.
>>
>>13993265

They detonated it in the orbit of Sol's 10th planet. the gravity wave alone fucked up Earth quite a bit, but in Diebuster, the Buster corps was keeping it contained.
>>
>>13993326

Ah yeah, Pluto was a planet back then.
>>
>>13993265
There could have been a gravity shockwave, but unless their drives are made of white dwarf star matter, that black hole should have had negligible gravity outside it's event horizon.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.