[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Char's Counterattack
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 14
I can forgive Tomino for ZZ now
>>
>>13991757
No you can't. We hate Tomino you Tominococksucker, I bet you think GReco is the greatest thing on earth and that anyone who doesnt enjoy it as much as you is retarded!

It's an okay film and I liked ZZ.
>>
>>13991777
I just started watching Gundam
>>
Because CCA is even worse?
>>
>>13991757

> Lalah in Amuro's dream calls Char pure
> Char says that people hate each other if they're too much alike after saying that Amuro thinks compassion is Amuro's newtype ideal

Fuck you Tomino.
>>
>>13991757
This should have been an OVA, then there would be no shitposting about this. Fucking Sunrise planning and financing.
>>
It was nice seeing Amuro again
>>
File: Quattro.png (114 KB, 364x234) Image search: [Google]
Quattro.png
114 KB, 364x234
What was Quattro doing in char's counterattack he should have been killed in Zeta
>>
>>13991757
Yeah I liked ZZ but it was crap compared to Zeta. CCA seemed to me like a return to Zeta's form and I loved it. Turn A or Be Invoked are the best though
>>
It's OK. Great animation and mecha design, but the story's a bit of a mess none of the new characters get fleshed out and unexplained gap between Char being MIA at the end of Zeta to being the ruler of Neo Zeon bugs me.
>>
>>13992122
Blame ZZ
>>
>>13992249

I'd rather blame Sunrise for presumably ordering Tomino to make CCA. Or Tomino in the off chance he persuaded them to make it, rather than them ordering him (since he's a work for hire director, even on Gundam, and basically always has been).
>>
half the film is literally dealing with retarded children. fuck you, op.
>>
I actually didn't think that ZZ was THAT bad. There is much worse Gundam stuff out there. Like SEED.
>>
>>13991777
>film

It's a flick, bro.
>>
>>13991839
Because nobody shits on 0083 or 08th.
Top laff 0080baby
>>
>>13992347
>considering SEED Gundam
>Considering non-Tomino Gundam, "Gundam"
>considering ZZ canon so as to blemish Tomino-san's perfect record
I want r/mecha to leave.
>>
Amuro could have survived if he used the Tem Ray circuit. That obnoxious T was mocking him for thar
>>
>>13992323
What do you expect from the movie called Char's Counterattack
>>
>>13992370

He still has Zeta, ZZ, CCA and G-Reco. He's blemished regardless, even sticking to Gundam.
>>
>>13992355
It's a motion picture, pal.
>>
>>13992439
>G-Reco
Found the redditard
>>
File: 1453707221661.jpg (148 KB, 776x1178) Image search: [Google]
1453707221661.jpg
148 KB, 776x1178
>>13992361
0083 and 08th are being shit on for reasons. And I don't see how an explanation of the events between ZZ and CCA would be bad
>>
File: Free.jpg (54 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Free.jpg
54 KB, 400x400
>>13992534
>Char was acting out of character
>I didn't watch ZZ

Here's your (You)
>>
>>13992259
That's somthing I wonder about. 0079 and Zeta have a bit of an overarching story with how Amuro an Char both develop that falls apart with ZZ. The pitch for ZZ that's knocking about the internet continues on from that, Char and Amuro are both fairly important characters, but the ZZ we got doesn't feature them at all and CCA more or less ignores how their relationship changes between the two of them. they basically get them sets back to how they are during A Baoa Qu, still bitter about Lalah's death and each blaming the other for it.
>>
>>13992614

Wait, what was Amuro doing in the ZZ pitch you read? He wasn't in the one I read that I recall, and which I think is better for it frankly.
>>
>>13992448
it's a movie, bro
>>
>>13992544
Where did I said something about Char, you lunatic? Char's fine. I just want to see the events before CCA movie like Sweetwater uprising.
And ZZ gives us no answers.
>>
Faggot really think Amuro and Char become BFF in Zeta because
>Drink together
>Fight together
>Not killing one another

Wow I;m pretty sure you will get fucked hard in real life if your live your life like that
>>
File: 1456454529676.png (347 KB, 705x500) Image search: [Google]
1456454529676.png
347 KB, 705x500
>>13993856
don't lie Lalah totally would have a threesome with Amuro and Char and have them do shit on their own while she watches
>>
>>13993680
>And ZZ gives us no answers.

watch zz then you talk
>>
>>13992534
>0083 and 08th are being shit on for reasons
Not trying to start shit, just legitimately curious as to what these reasons are
>>
>>13993964
0083 was unnecessary and there were problems with minor plot holes, not to mention Kou and Nina being fairly annoying protags.
08th started as Vietnam: The Gundam but turned into Shiro and Aina's romance too often, EZ8 (while very cool) made it feel less like a grunt show, and some plot armor at a few points. Other smaller issues, too.

I haven't been reading how badly it got shat on but those are my complaints.
>>
>>13994000
>EZ8 (while very cool) made it feel less like a grunt show, and some plot armor at a few points
To be totally fair that Gouf Custom would totally have kicked all their asses.
>>
>>13993957
I've seen ZZ yet there's nothing about Char's survival and the rise of his Neo Zeon.
>>
File: 8th ms realism.gif (982 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
8th ms realism.gif
982 KB, 500x375
>>13993964
>>13994000
>>
>>13994076
>tfw no doujins were Shiro tries to stop the villagers from killing her, but he gets hits on the head by one of them and then he wakes up to them gang raping her mutilated corpse.
>>
>>13994076
You try hitting that small as fuck constantly moving target with a Zaku then
>>
>>13992122
>>13992249
It got retconned by the Zeta Movies so all is good.
>>
>>13994088
Why live
>tfw no 08th ms doujins are translated
>>
>>13994127
even being that close, his flesh should have been singed or some shit
>>
>>13994146
yet people forget about Aina's back getting roasted
>>
>>13994146
It's not shooting beam rounds. It's shooting tank shells. Well, shells the size of tanks.
>>
So what exactly are the differences between Hi Streamer, CCA, and Beltorchika's Children, besides the Hi-Nu/Nightingale retcon in the lattermost
>>
>>13991757
Based fights, which is all that matters. Amuro is always a joy to watch.
>>
>>13994170
What? That's just a 120mm gun.
>>
>>13994179
I like how they were hyping Quess but Amuro ignored her and crippled her mobile suit without trying and his nonchalant kill of Gyunei
>>
>>13994932

He did spend several minutes fighting her.
>>
>>13994022
>Char's survival
Did you forget what Sayla said at the end?
>>
File: shittycybernewtypeloli.jpg (140 KB, 945x709) Image search: [Google]
shittycybernewtypeloli.jpg
140 KB, 945x709
I don't understand the ZZ hate. Sure, it was boring and at best average, but clearly not the worst Gundam series. Also Haman. Also Wong getting a taste of its own medicine.
>>
>>13994984
I think some Zeonfags are butthurt that Zeon is portrayed as even more Saturday morning cartoonishly evil than usual in ZZ. Would explain Black_Knight's raging hate on for it, at least.
>>
>>13994976
I want to see it.
>>
>>13994976
btw char kthxbye
>>
>>13995001
Yeah, that and the brutal change in tone after a Kill'em All-oriented Zeta, I guess.
Frankly, if ZZ was stand-alone, I guess people wouldn't hate it that much (still, fuck the first ~10 episodes).
>>
File: basking in the sun.gif (2 MB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
basking in the sun.gif
2 MB, 1440x1080
>>13994984
It's an okay show, I would have liked it more if it wasn't the direct sequel to Zeta due to the tone doing a 180.

CCA had some good ideas but fucked up by trying to cram them into a single movie and starting in medias res. I would definitely watch a ZZ-CCA midquel if there was one

>>13995005
I think it was in the last or penulatimate episode
>>
One of the worst moments in ZZ was when Beecha and Mondo were using Roux as a human shield. I couldn't care less about Roux but the fact that they got away with it gets on my nerves. I don't expect a court martial from Gundam but at least "correct" them. Glemy was an awful villain and Leina surviving wasn't done well.
>>
Char's Counterattack is a 8/10 while ZZ is 4/10. To this day I wonder how people enjoy that trash
>>
>>13992370
>not considered uc uc to fit the narrative you prefer
>>
>>13994134
The Zeta movies got retconned by Unicorn.
>>
>>13993869
who wouldn't?
>>
>>13995022
No, you don't get it. I've seen ZZ. I want to know what was between CCA and ZZ
>>
>>13991757
I Fucking hate Hathaway with the fury of Thor's Mjölnir of a raging boner.
Otherwise it was a good movie.
>>
>>13995513
High Streamer. No, it's not translated.
http://www.zeonic-republic.net/?page_id=647
>>
>>13995653
Yes, I know. How many Zeonic translations have been canceled because of "fuck it I'm bored"?
>>
>>13991757
ZZ is basically non-canon. CCA pretty much confirms this. And honestly, CCA works just fine as a finale to 0079 with Zeta not being necessary. There is nothing important in either series and none of the stuff that transpires in them is relevant to CCA at all.
>>
>>13992439
Zeta's good. And even though CCA would've benefited from some elaboration it still works pretty well as a thematic summary of Gundam and as a conclusion to the stories of Amuro and Char. It's messy, but it works.
>>
>>13995352
Which got retconned by F91 and every other Gundam series that happened afterwards since there was still war.
>>
>>13996147
You do know that Char out right references the first Neo Zeon uprising (even saying Haman Karn by name) after the Gyps conflict in that first major speach he gives after the first astroid drop.
>>
>>13992370
/r/mecha is a ghost town, last I checked. /r/Gundam seems to be the biggest mecha-related subreddit. Feel free to use this knowledge to impress other anons on /m/.

I can understand if you dislike CCA because of Hathaway/Quess/Gyunei. But I'm getting tired of seeing people claim that Char's character doesn't make any sense. The theater scene in the last episode of Zeta foreshadows the hell out of Char's decisions in CCA. Not to mention Sayla's prediction in the penultimate episode of ZZ.

>>13993680 says he wants to know about the origin of Sweetwater and other things between ZZ and CCA, but even First Gundam had that "in media res" aspect. We don't actually need to see a whole episode dedicated to Operation British. Even the death of Deikun is only mentioned in passing. But there's just enough context to enjoy the interactions you see right in front of your eyes.

Everyone's behavior in CCA seemed perfectly reasonable to me (if you account for teenage angst). The only thing I'm really disappointed in is Sayla going AWOL. In ZZ, she said she wouldn't stand by and do nothing...
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (471 KB, 960x935) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
471 KB, 960x935
>>13997853
>But I'm getting tired of seeing people claim that Char's character doesn't make any sense. The theater scene in the last episode of Zeta foreshadows the hell out of Char's decisions in CCA.
people are just weirded out because char basically says "I'll patiently wait for the era of newtypes of come", and then his spiel in CCA is the complete opposite (fuck the earth federation, they are all that's wrong with humanity, let's force humans off earth to turn humanity into newtypes), but I wonder if whatever the hell he was talking about in CCA could be taken for face value and not just him wanting to fight amuro again

there is undeniably some continuity between the amuro and char drinking scene in zeta and the char drinking scene in CCA, though, they both reference char and his family being human sacrifices in order for great change to come
>>
>>13997936
Char, having survived and seeing the results of the Gryps war, gets frustrated and starts to believe that nothing actually will get better with time. Amuro talks about the future generations being able to break the cycle but Hathaway and Quess are present as a counterpoint to that.
>>
>>13997961
>Char, having survived and seeing the results of the Gryps war, gets frustrated and starts to believe that nothing actually will get better with time.
the theatre scene literally takes place no more than a few hours before the end of the gryps war,
>>
>>13997961
>>13997970
I don't think we need to factor in Char's "seeing the results of the Gryps war." Haman and Scirocco call Char a liar in that theater scene. It's not that Char changes his mind about patiently waiting for Newtypes to emerge, it's that he was always impatient, but eventually he just stopped lying to himself. And we can believe that he's lying to himself in that theater scene, because we watched him lie to himself from the start of Zeta till the death of Four and the speech at Dakar.
>>
>>13992614
They were still both bitter in Zeta too, they just set it aside for a while. When questioned Char even tells Amuro he went out as far as Mars but turned because because he couldn't feel Lalah's spirit past it. He's still obsessed with her and likewise Amuro is still haunted by her.

And like Scirocco and Haman said Char is too emotional just to stand back. He always acts to satisfy himself.

Zeta isn't a change. Zeta is a moment of self-control and repression while they work out problems larger than themselves.
>>
>>13997936
>people are just weirded out because char basically says "I'll patiently wait for the era of newtypes of come"

In the same scene, the same exact scene, Scirocco says "Bullshit, you want the world in the palm of your hands. I know you're too emotional not to get involved."

And Haman agrees. The entire point of that scene is that Char is unsure of what he's really going to do and he's just preaching idealism to people who want to control the world like puppets. In a prior scene just an episode or two before that Char has a debate with Dr. Hassan over cyber-newtypes and angrily declares that he can't wait for humanity to naturally evolve, because by the time that happens Earth will have been ruined.
>>
>>13998048
I don't remember Char mentioning going to Mars, and Amuro never felt a need to fight Char in Zeta.

When Amuro's Re-GZ is dueling Char's Sazabi, one of the first things that Amuro brings up is asking why Char is doing what he is doing.
>>
>>13998069
When asked why he returned to Earth, Char says
>>
>>13998037
I don't think he was lying to himself so much as giving the alternative to his methods an earnest shot.
>>
File: havet feels.png (255 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
havet feels.png
255 KB, 640x480
>>13997936
>>
>>13998090
>when asked why he returned to Earth,
>not "I came here to laugh at you"
the first time i watched zeta i was fucking dying of laughter desu senpai
>>
This shit was just way too cringe compared to the actual show. What the fuck were they thinking? Completely ruined Char.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.