[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>McGillis lying to Carta to get her killed >Gaelio lying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9
>McGillis lying to Carta to get her killed
>Gaelio lying to Ein to get him to fight to the end
>McGillis lying to Gaelio to motivate him to continue fighting
>Mika lying to Orga about Biscuit's last words to manipulate him into fighting
>Gaelio lying to Carta right before she dies

Yay for multi-layered episode titles, eh?
>>
>>13991433
I must have dozed off, what was Mika's lie to Orga?
>>
>>13991433
>McGillis lying to Gaelio to motivate him to continue fighting
This happened?
>>
>>13991840

He (might have) lied regarding Biscuit's words.
>>
>>13991862

Basically the whole "you and Ein are the hope for the future and will be the heroes we deserve" schtick. The truth is that to McGillis, both Gaelio and Ein (especially Ein) are disposable tools only meant to further his personal goals. It stands to reason that McGillis was always going to manipulate those two into doing his dirty work for him, but Ein getting hurt coupled with his insatiable orphan-based bloodlust was the perfect opportunity to take things a step further and turn him into a living weapon.

Him saying Gaelio has a pure heart -was- mocking him. McGillis was calling him naive.
>>
Mika is not twisted enough to make up such an elaborated lie to Orga.

Actually I don't see what "The Final Lie" is about. Gaelio lying to Carta is too far-fetched and I'm pretty sure she wasn't even listening to him.
>>
>>13991433
It was a quality episode.
>>
>>13994286

Mika intimidated Orga in to continuing his quest last episode and could have used a lie this episode to seal the deal.

>>13994290

You have to zoom in to get any real view of them. That doesn't count as quality. It's a minor issue and doesn't make it a quality episode.
>>
File: 1457874243432.jpg (2 MB, 1480x2500) Image search: [Google]
1457874243432.jpg
2 MB, 1480x2500
>>13994302
do you watch stuff on a phone?
this episode was worse than most
>inb4 le inbetweens
it looked just as shit in motion
>>
>>13994325

Do you watch stuff on permanent zoom? There's nothing wrong with most of those. I don't even have to invoke inbetweens, you're just being picky at a show you dislike.
>>
>>13994342
>There's nothing wrong with most of those
Haha ok anon
>>
>>13994358
Those are fight scenes for a weekly anime with complex robot designs, the quality is acceptable. >>13994290 isn't, especially considering the backgrounds are so fucking empty and boring you're forced to focus on the characters.
>>
>>13994374
And yet 00 managed to look good most of the time compared to this shit currently airing despite being made 6 years ago
>>
>>13994374
a mecha anime with monthly fights and only 25 officially slated episodes and a gundam with about as many lines as the exia and age tier grunt design
and this is episode 23
wheres the budget going?
>>
>>13994374
ibo has had fights in only a third of the episodes whilst build fighters had fights every episode and still managed to put on a far better showing
i like the show man but the animation for the fights is incredibly disappointing
>>
>>13994413
Most of BF's fights featured quite a bit of stock footage and usage of beam weapons, meaning they just had to sit them there and animate the beam firing out of the gun. IBO's fights don't have any stock footage and are more like brawls. You also see dents in the machines after they get hit, not to mention the gruesome attention to detail they show towards pilots getting eviscerated. Sure, some of the frames show are pure QUALITY, but the key frames are generally well done and it's easy to follow the action.
>>
>>13994441
The only decent frames are the stills, it's the only reason they're able to just get away with the quality.
Also in terms of damage dealt it's no different to any other gundam series
>>
>>13994923
Not even close. Yes, other gundam series show machines getting wrecked, but with beam weaponry vaporising the cockpits there isn't nearly as much mess. It's not about the number of machines being wrecked but how visceral it's being portrayed as. In other gundam shows they largely shy away from showing blood, normally when a pilot gets killed they just vanish into the light of a beam saber or beam rifle shot. Here you see people getting bisected, impaled, smashed into a paste and kids getting sniped in the head.
>>
File: 55816580_p0_master1200.jpg (156 KB, 480x299) Image search: [Google]
55816580_p0_master1200.jpg
156 KB, 480x299
One can't really hate Mika for what happened, the guy is twisted and he behaved like he always does, in the other hand McGillis plan better be worth it, he is killing what could have been loyal allies for him
>>
>>13994938
Actually many other Gundams show people getting shredded in cockpits and to say that Barbatos flicking grunts away is much different than exploding them with beam weapons is inaccurate. The only time this hasn't been true is the island battle and the choreography was so bad that it looked like they set up the battle shot-by-shot by different people and stitched it all together. No difference between a beam kill and him hitting someone so hard that they sit off-screen for 40 seconds.
>>
>>13991433
>>Gaelio lying to Ein to get him to fight to the end

this never happened
eins entire schtick is 'i wanna kill kids'
>>
>>13995029
>many other gundams show them getting shredded in cockpits
Maybe in the UC era and Wing, but not nearly as frequently as in IBO. Almost every kill Mika makes you see the cockpit completely crushed or with a spike or sword sticking through it.

>Episode 3
Krank gets impaled and shot in the face while uttering his last words.

>Episode 12, 13
Numerous kids get smashed and eviscerated, Masahiro has his entire lower half crushed and is coughing up blood, Kudal gets vertically bisected

>Episode 19
Ein gets impaled and loses his entire lower half, has to be hooked up to a grunt suit on a permanent basis to even function

>Episode 21
Grunt suits get wrecked, bloody cockpits everywhere, one guy gets impaled with a giant sword before being used a surfboard for atmospheric reentry.

>Episode 23
One gets smashed while not even in his suit, another gets stomped, Carta gets utterly brutalized before dying with her eyes wide open.

There was only one fight in which no one died and out of all of the others, only two didn't show someone being turned into puree. That fight was also on three different fronts so setting up the battle by different people seems like the way to go for me.
>>
>>13995066
>Grunt suits get wrecked, bloody cockpits everywhere, one guy gets impaled with a giant sword before being used a surfboard for atmospheric reentry.

I liked that a lot. Cool move and I bet the grunt was fucking surprised he wasn't hacked to pieces because he was useful as shielding for reentry.
>>
File: 56338ad7c.jpg (166 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
56338ad7c.jpg
166 KB, 1920x1080
>>13994286
>Gaelio lying to Carta is too far-fetched and I'm pretty sure she wasn't even listening to him.
She was barely cognizant, and calling for McGillis. He actually sits there trembling listening to her, until he finally breaks down and starts telling her things that will comfort her, whether they're lies or not. She kept on calling him McGillis, and he kept on answering, never correcting her. Basically filling in as McGillis, in a way, and giving her the reassurance she craved, but on level probably knew was a lie.
>>
>>13991840
He didn't. Remember how in the episode Bisuit dies when Mika goes to get him the scene ends with "I...".

Mika is talking to Orga later about it later and we see the rest of the scene with "I won't quit" and goes on to say he wants everyone to go back together.

No idea why people are saying he's lying when there has been nothing to even hint at it.
>>
>>13994302
I saw that scene as less Mika trying to intimidate and manipulate Orga for selfish reasons and more he's trying to get Orga to take some damn resposibility for what he's brought them through to get that far and get off his ass and lead them as Orga was too busy moping in his room to make any decisions and was about to throw all their effort and sacrifice until now away.
>>
>>13995413

> nothing to even hint at it

Besides the fact that we don't see what Biscuit originally says, only what Mika said he says, that the timing and response is awfully convenient for what Mika wants (confident Orga, revenge) and that the episode title "The Final Lie" came up literally right after that scene.

>>13995427

The two aren't mutually exclusive.
>>
>>13995435
Mika has never been portrayed as a liar though or even that manipulative. He's been shown as very direct and simple. That confrontation with Orga was the most complex thing he's done and even that was just asking Orga what to do as usual while reminding him of all the shit he's had everyone do up until now.

Lying is out of character for Mika.
>>
>>13994938
Do you not watch other Gundam shows? Heck even SEED shows the cockpit get obliterated with their pilots ripped apart whenever they get stabbed or cut and can still pull off what IBO couldn't. You're just making excuses like any IBO apologists.
>>13995029
This so much. How are people not seeing that 1-hit KO physical attacks are no different than 1-hit KO Beam weapons. Just fucking add glow effects and explosion and you basically have the same thing!
>>
>>13995443

He hasn't needed to be before now. And suddenly with Orga retreating from leadership he needs to be.
>>
>>13995587
So you are actually saying he should act outside his established character just to justify a plot point you think is there? That's like the esscense of bad character writing.
>>
>>13995617

Or, you know, character growth.
>>
>>13995623
Character growth is not something that goes against a previously established character as a plot justification. Character growth has basis in the established character and either deepens it or has them move beyond faults. Having him suddenly lie about that scene as part of some weird manipulation has no basis in his current character, which is why it's called "out of character" rather than character growth.
>>
Jesus fuck McGillis is such a fucking scum bag. At least Char and Garma weren't lifelong friends so the betrayal didn't sting as much. This guy is just sending his childhood friends off to die while lying to them all the while. You can call Mika a savage psychopath all you want, but at least hes not betraying his friends. McGillis is the real psychopath and he needs to die before the end of the series.
>>
>>13995688
It isn't growth necessarily but there has been a form of gradual change at least in how the audience understands mika. We understand why he follows orga now and it actually seems mika only views orga as a vehicle for this great place he will end up. He's become so attached to this idea that orga had created when they were kids he has to deify orga and when orga falls beneath that he'll do anything it takes to get him back into this role mika has decided. Mika is single minded and only cares about what he's already established in his own head and anything at all it takes he's gonna do. The scene itself almost makes it obvious. I'm not saying it's well done, nor am I even saying its 'good' but don't act like it doesn't exist and there isn't at least some lame attempt to create a character arc. It's there, it's jut not done best
>>
>>13995806
Or that he never considered them childhood friends to begin with.. ? You stupid fuck
>>
>>13995841
Right after he finished talking to Gali-Gali he said he thought of him as a friend.
>>
>>13995841
Yeah i'm sure he knew of the corruption and politics as a child and perfectly planned to murder them so he could accomplish whatever ridiculous goal he has. Yeah most kids do that. Perfectly normal.
>>
>>13995688

Him lying would be totally in tune with his character wanting to manipulate Orga though. I don't think he did, but it wouldn't be out of character given the last episode, the convenient timing and the convenient message (Biscuit liked you after all and wanted us all home Orga, I swear). You not liking it doesn't make it out of character.
>>
File: 1455826092022.jpg (893 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1455826092022.jpg
893 KB, 2000x2000
I just want Mika to die
>>
File: 55816738.png (316 KB, 498x1075) Image search: [Google]
55816738.png
316 KB, 498x1075
>>13995408
;~;
>>
>>13995858
>>13995883
Loll this is fucking anime you dumb puss it doesn't need to be sensical. Also, It might not be so blatant as "from this day forth I will make my vengeance" could just be these people won't leave me alone and they're always around so I've got nothing else to do. You know, like most fucking kids. Don't understand how a character this laughably manipulative and predictably villainous is stumping people on how he might fake a friendship
>>
>>13995883
Also for the love of god this was painful to read. "Oh yeah sure yeah yeah totally yeah makes sense yeah sure yeah mhmm yeah."
>>
>>13996006
Or more simply: he is a Char.

Char swore vengeance as a child because of the way he (and his family) was treated. It took time for him to figure out how, and for opportunities to present themselves. Eventually he made it into the military, could set plans in motion, but he had to wait for the right pawns to come along. He wouldn't have known to use Kudelia or Tekkadan until they presented themselves, for instance, just as Char couldn't have known White Base would be such a persistent thorn. But when the opportunity came, he made a choice sabotage, and goaded Garma into fighting ever harder, until he outright self-destructed.

It makes perfect sense for a child to hold a grudge, and then as an adult to use some opportunism to satiate it.
>>
>>13996027
This guy gets it .. I went overboard I shoulda just said he's a char.
>>
>>13995940
He'll die on his comfy deathbed at the young age of 100 surrounded by his comrads bones
>>
>>13995577
I dont know what it is about Gundam but people just dont take beams or kills with beams seriously. I think a lot of it comes from how it's portrayed or the fact that there's visible blood in IBO so it makes them think it's a lot more serious than essentially being cremated in your own cockpit.

Unless you're in a Rodi or something, then you can take massive Hammers to the cockpit and only suffer for 3 seconds.
>>
>>13996027
Char actually had a reason. They killed his father and thats something easy to understand even as a child. McGillis is just a faggot. How is killing Carta and Gaelio going to help? If he really wanted to solve things he should have went after those who were corrupt. He even said himself that they were not corrupt, yet here he is getting them killed off like a maniac. And even then Char wasn't lifelong friends with Garma or anything.
>>13996015
>say yeah twice
>painful to read

You must be retarded.

>>13996006
Most kids don't hang around people they don't like, sure their may be one in a group they tolerate but they don't form secret plots to kill their entire friend group. Sure it's anime, but that doesn't make Mcgillis any less of a despicable psychopath.
>>
>>13996419
Lol oh my god you're either 19 or 28
>>
File: 1413998122882.png (363 KB, 452x710) Image search: [Google]
1413998122882.png
363 KB, 452x710
>>13996001
>>
>>13996419
We don't know McGillis's reason yet, and the show isn't over yet either. But from what's been shown, while he was adopted into the Fareed family, he wasn't seen as truly part of it, and the other aristocrats looked down on him as some sort of other. It's shown visually by him being in normal kid's clothes while Carta and Gaelio are practically in Victorian attire.

The thing is, if he was adopted, where was he adopted -from-? Where's his original family?

Furthermore, if you recall, Char lost his family, and was then 'adopted' and became Edward Mass. He still went on to have his vengeance because he held the grudge over the thing that forced him to become a Mass.
>>
>>13996545
>Where's his original family?
He did say that Montag (the name he was using when he had the bird mask on) was his true identity.
>>
>>13996092
>>13995577
Flash of light and everything's over vs having your bottom half crushed while you slowly bleed out. Not entirely sure which is more painful.
>>
>>13996071
what if it ends like md geist
and he just keeps fighting
forever
>>
>>13996545

He is supposed to be Iznario's bastard child not adopted
>>
>>13996747
>slowly bleed out
>implying you dont fucking die from shock first
So gritty so reel
>>
File: 1424273068351.png (89 KB, 310x216) Image search: [Google]
1424273068351.png
89 KB, 310x216
>>13996798
people say he's secretly kudelia's lost bro

this means Iznario fucked Kudelia's mom 'n cucked the Mr.Bernstein....

would this make him a boss?
>>
>>13996747
The only time people in IBO have slowly bled to death were for story related reasons. Everything else is one hit kill, no different than a beam to the cockpit.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.