[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gundam AGE-2 BD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: AGE2 in a nutshell.jpg (957 KB, 3880x2880) Image search: [Google]
AGE2 in a nutshell.jpg
957 KB, 3880x2880
AGE-2 is done.

The first arc was rather decent but this one turns sour after 3 episodes, long story short they made Riddhe the main character when nothing relevant to the narrative is ever allowed to happen. That's 13 whole episodes.

Asemu starts alright, then Zeheart is revealed to be a vagan and his character simply devolves into some insecure attention whore. His whole character development being "I got the only guy who ever had the patience to deal with my immaturity killed, I better stop acting like a moron and go back to how I was at the beginning of the arc". Romary being a cheap device that only serves to make him more frustrated sure didn't help.

Apparently Ezelcant's brilliant scheme didn't amount to anything beyond getting a few vagans to Earth at the price of getting his mobile fortress destroyed and his elite squad killed, all this when AGE-3 starts with him sending a super weapon that destroys Big Ring in seconds allowing a large scale invasion of vagan forces.

Grodek comes back just to tell Flit that the federation is corrupted just to be killed the next minute, alowing Flit to purge the corruption 10 minutes before the arc ends so we can never talk about it again, making the whole thing utterly pointless.

Action sequences are still competent I guess but this arc is one massive headache on top of being a complete narrative waste of time.

https://mega.nz/#F!kJtA3RqL!TMgxR6xoLUxYDqPst9UzTA

https://mega.nz/#F!IcEHwaTJ!bB9WurlYLVFblUm-rpF2AQ
>>
>>13990457

who the fuck ordered those panels? anyways, thanks man, not gonna download it cause Age-2 is shit, but like 2 other guys here will appreciate it.
>>
File: AGE-hey.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
AGE-hey.png
1 MB, 1280x720
Beginning Gen 3>Gen 1>>>>>end of Gen 3>Gen 2.
>>
>>13990457
Wait, are these subbed?
>>
Cheers anon.
>>
>>13990457
Also I want Romary
>>
>>13990457
>tfw probably only person that liked AGE-2
I liked the designs, I liked Asemu not being an X-Rounder, I liked the music, I liked the Zeheart betrayal and rivalry. It was pretty fun in my opinion, I don't see it as being a waste of time at all. The only part that did bug me was the Flit purge at the end leading nowhere.
I hate how Americans have this whole "only the destination that matters fuck the journey" mentality. So what if it doesn't entirely contribute to the narrative? (setting up Zeheart's character is one think it does but I suppose we'll just use hyperbole as say it was "utterly pointless" as well despite the large role he plays at the end)
I forgot that things have to have some sort of grand narrative goal or point in the end, and you couldn't just watch something for the sake of watching. I suppose these are the same people that can't watch episodic shows because " >_< there's no plot to it wahhh"

autists
>>
File: AGE 1 2 & 3.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
AGE 1 2 & 3.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>13990831
you talking about Age 2 gundam or the gen? cause Gen 2 is regarded as the better part of age and everyone likes Age 2 gundam.

now be a Gen 3 fan like me and you can say
>tfw probably only person who liked AGE-3
but AGE 3 gundam is pretty popular, still no MG though...
>>
>>13990457
Gen 2 was the best part of the show, though. It should have just continued with Asemu as the protagonist.
>>
File: 1578.jpg (110 KB, 1024x765) Image search: [Google]
1578.jpg
110 KB, 1024x765
>>13990457
thanks m8, AGE was my first gundam.

>>13990852
MG Gundam AGE-3/FX FUCKING WHEN???

Fuck You Bandai
>>
>>13990457
Thank you. I love me some AGE-2DB, but once you get past the Oldtype boner the arc itself really is the most vapid waste of time out of the whole set.
>>
File: Age 3s.jpg (463 KB, 1368x1000) Image search: [Google]
Age 3s.jpg
463 KB, 1368x1000
>>13991000
>Fuck You Bandai
agreed, FX and AGE3 are pure sex.
>>
>>13991220
Started working on AGE-3 and I'm absolutely ashamed to have forgotten about the AGE-3 Fortress which is absolutely awesome.
>>
>>13990643
Subs and chapters.
>>
OP is a pretty cool guy
>>
>10 bit
darn it.
>>
>>13990831
>only the destination that matters fuck the journey

The destination fucking matters. Yes occasionally some side stuff that isn't plot critical important can be fun but if the entire journey is invalidated, several fucking times I might add, then you're getting into shit writing.

The entire Vegan operation this arc is rendered moot with the reveal that they could have just done with they did in arcs 3 and 4 and didn't, getting most of their forces pointlessly killed.

Asemu and Zehearts character arcs are totally forgotten and they become entirely different characters for no reason in Kio's arc because the plot demands them to take their new positions.

Flit's entire story about taking over and purging the Vegan infiltrators is completely forgotten about come arc 3, never brought up, there are more Vegan infiltrators somehow and gen 2 is almost forgotten about entirely.

So yeah, the whole thing is for a bunch of admittedly good fights, but everything that happens is forgotten about or inexplicibly changed because fuck you Hino didn't give a shit.

That is SHIT FUCKING WRITING.
>>
>>13991000

It's not Bandai's fault they would have sold like ass. Maybe Hino should have done a better fucking job with his anime he had to have.
>>
>>13992472

> Asemu and Zehearts character arcs are totally forgotten and they become entirely different characters for no reason in Kio's arc because the plot demands them to take their new positions.

Don't forget that Zeheart died like a bitch in gen 3 and really had no reason to survive gen 2, his survival standing in the way of the characterization of both Ezelcunt and his clone from the final episode too. Both of whom could have used it. Especially the clone, since he had literally no lines or character.
>>
>>13990831
If you were to rip out gen 2 and make it its own thing then people would've liked it a lot more, that's for sure. It has the most legitimate character arc and theme going for it as well as the coolest part in AGE's entire run.

Like it doesn't really do much for the overall narrative but the fact is that as a standalone arc it's the strongest. Gen 1 is kinda dull and gen 3 is stupid and packed the the brim with pointless filler like three episodes of Girard Spriggan out of nowhere.

I think the main reason people rag on gen 2 for not doing much for the overall narrative is because it's the simplest way to shitpost it since it's not great but it's not terrible. It's not like people complain about the OYW spinoffs by saying "they don't affect the rest of UC."
>>
>>13993351
But the UC OVAs don't pop up in the middle of Amuro's journey and they aren't related to anybody on the White Base.
>>
>>13990831
>only the destination that matters fuck the journey
The thing with AGE-2 is that both the journey and the destination suck.

Asemu who starts as a balanced and selfless guy trying to define himself turns into a whiny egomaniac that can't tolerate others being better at things than him. His "journey" consists of complaining about not being born special, ignoring support from people he sees as less special than him and being angry at those who are more so than him. His "destination" is magically turning SUPER special by getting Woolf killed and be suddenly gifted extra thick plot armor in the process.

Asemu's whole character development is a backwards thing. The whole X-rounder wank was nothing but a terrible way to force some concept of power level that was treated in a rather inconsistent way.

Ezelcant's plan served no purpose aside from pestering Earth forces and getting his own troops butchered with the status of the war not moving an inch.
>>
>>13992463
Lol get with the times.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.