[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Haven't heard much of this here. Super Robot Monkey Force
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: 1457827457116.jpg (134 KB, 640x344) Image search: [Google]
1457827457116.jpg
134 KB, 640x344
I swear this show is so /m/, and I am surprised you all haven't been talking about this. I swear this series is one of the most underrated shows out there, /m/ or not.
>>
>>13989171
I saw a couple of episodes... thats everything I remember about it
>>
>>13989171
I know right?
If I'm completely honest I think it's one of the better western /m/ shows. It's got astounding super powers, gattai, monster n' robot fightan, a giant robot waifu, and an actual, entertaining plot, not to mention it looked really good visually.

I'm still mad I can't find decent rips. Fuck.

This and Oban Star Racers were some really good Jetix shows. What about that ATOM one? Or the NASCAR show that took place in the future with supercars? Or Hot Wheels World Race, and Acceleracers on CN?
>>
>>13989210
>Robots and Toku
>Not /m/
Lighten up anon, are you mad that this isn't Japanese?
>>
>>13989171
The mech design was shit though. I'll never get how they got pretty much anything else right except that.

Dit it ever end on a good note?
>>
>>13989263
Cliffhanger of sorts.
I liked the robots, personally. You got an extremely wide variety over the course of the series, along with monsters and other baddies.
>>
>>13989265
Oh, by mech design I meant the main mech, not the design in general, i worded it wrong.
>>
>>13989276
>tfw I liked the Super Robot too
T-thanks
>>
>>13989263
The show ends on a cliffhanger with the main villain resurrecting and the team calling all the allies they got during the show to fight
>>
>>13989171
The most underrated show I ever saw. It has great artstyle, good action, likeable characters, motherfucking super robot, awesome monsters and antagonist, and even decent plot. Liked it as a kid, love it now.
>>13989263
>The mech design was shit though
Maybe, but it fits the artstyle very well, I think.
>>
>>13989171
You got "team" and force" switched around.
>>
>>13989618
Did you expect me to remember the monster of a name?
>>
Megas XLR did it better. Meh.
>>
>>13989217
Honestly I don't remember much other shows. Also what was some other /m/ Disney stuff?
>>
>>13989259
This is a jap culture board, to be fair to him.
>>
>>13991297
True, but I feel like the board kind of revolves around the concept of mechanical items as a whole, including both East and West. Really it fits more then Toku which I personally think should belong in /jp/ I'd like to have some discussion about it.
>>
Was the last episode the one where skeletor(can't remember his name) after being fused to that worm god thing, gets its head cut off and just flies off into space? I feel like that's when episodes stopped showing for this.
>>
DUDE

MONKEYS

LMAO
>>
>>13991280
I mentioned a bunch of them there; Oban, ATOM, NASCAR, etc. No other shows I can remember from Disney were explicitly related to giant robots unfortunately, SRMTHFG is the only show amongst them that involved robots specifically.

All of them are good-to-okay though so that's nice. The Hot Wheels movie and Acceleracers series of what I'd say are OVAs are also pretty good. You can find all of the Hot Wheels stuff on Youtube, decent stuff.
>>
>>13991366
No, there's a season or so after involving the monkey team defending Shuggazoom and involving Skeleton King's goons trying to resurrect him. Actual ending is a cliffhanger.
>>
yeah it was pretty okay. I liked it.
The creator or director really likes toku.
He's working on that new TMNT show and puts in a few toku references here and there.

They even mentioned "sentai" at one point as well.
>>
>>13991312
i thought that toku came from /jp/ because they got laughed out of there. I remembering hearing this back around the release of Pacific rim
I never saw this show but I know about it. Too many fucking things I regret not watching as a kid.
>>
>>13989259
Stfu toku is not m
>>
>>13989217
>I'm still mad I can't find decent rips
There's really only one rip in existence.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:c50659d16281491fdf25429808f170b8f68019ce
>>
>>13989171

Is that Hongo from the Kamen Rider manga wearing a Cyborg 009 uniform?
>>
>>13989210
If /m/ is jap only does that mean that megas xlr and pacific rim is not allowed here?
Are both hated here or are there mixed opinions?
>>
>>13994592
>Too many fucking things I regret not watching as a kid.
>>13994592
This for some reason all the cool shit like Medabots, super robot monkey team hyperforce go and power rangers only aired on schooldays around 1 and 2 pm when every kid was in school.
I only got to watch it if I skipped school or if they had some marathon.
>>
>>13991297
> Robot Jox
> Battletech
> Megas XLR
> Pacific Rim
> Iron Giant
>>
>>13999296
This board was born for the need for mecha anime specifically. Western examples of mecha existing does not change this.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.