[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I liked SEED when I was younger... >plz don't kill me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: giant6.jpg (249 KB, 868x487) Image search: [Google]
giant6.jpg
249 KB, 868x487
I liked SEED when I was younger...

>plz don't kill me ;___;

pic related
>>
This is an +18 site.
>>
>>13987955

I liked Wing when I was younger. It's what got me in to Gundam.
>>
File: robotix8.jpg (17 KB, 285x202) Image search: [Google]
robotix8.jpg
17 KB, 285x202
>>13987965
Yep, Wing was first. Than SEED for some reason.

The first one was Robotix doh.
>>
>>13987985

First /m/ show was Ulysses 31 and first proper one was BotsMaster. Or maybe Centurions. Then Wing. Second Gundam I watched was Zeta. On Napster. The subs were probably dogshit, can't recall.
>>
>>13987955
I'm an adult watching SEED for the first time
I still like it
>>
>>13988024
Stay safe. Evil /m/en might me after You.
>>
>>13987955
A lot of /m/ likes seed still. Why do you think they're still butthurt about it? If it was something they had no expectations for, they would have forgotten it shortly after it aired.
>>
>>13988073
Well, the criticism is sound, when it comes to certain aspects. That is for sure.

And I know that the SEED bitching threads are still a thing, and will be so for the foreseeable future, for the exact reason that YYou mentioned.

People were disappointed. They don't easily forget things they had high hopes for.
>>
>>13988088

It's funny, people forget that the first 12 episodes of Destiny were liked and well received at the time of airing.
>>
>>13988115
SEED was at worst mediocre. That Destiny first arc up to the re-entry thing was pretty sound. Heck, even up to the orb fleet battle and Shinn killing Todaka was at least as bearable as anything in SEED.

It was pretty much everything after that where it went to shit, ESPECIALLY after Angel Down. And it went to such complete, bang-head-against-wall awful that it dragged the rest of CE down with it.
>>
>>13988088
>They don't easily forget things they had high hopes for.
The Gundam fanbase at the time consisted of militant UC-fags and Wing casuals, I really don't think they did.

Those threads are mostly kept alive by two or three super autists that aren't even Gundam fans, anyawys.
>>
File: BUVNdb3.gif (3 MB, 450x187) Image search: [Google]
BUVNdb3.gif
3 MB, 450x187
I guess that the fact that, lets put id diplomatically... SEED generated MIXED FEELINGS. But had some positive sides, kept it in /m/. Usually for bullying purposes. Even so. Still gets mentioned.
>>
>>13988115
I remember when I first started watching Destiny, I though /m/'s hateboner for it was just /m/ being retarded, like with calling seed 'worst ever' when it was surprisingly tolerable, even enjoyable. Then they hit earth, and things just kind of stopped. Nothing interesting happened for dozens of episodes on end, characters turned into ill defined, nondeveloping piles of goo, and the action got back into the old stock footage abuse problem.

Is it just me, or are most gundam series more boring during the earth arcs?
>>
>>13988186

And Abicion. Mostly Abicion. I don't even know why he keeps ranting. The major object of his ire, Morosawa, is dead so it's not like she can hear him now.
>>
>>13988235

Destiny was even worse about it because of the ocean battles (because of fucking Abyss Gundam) were nobody could land, and several characters were demoted to Gun turrets because they couldn't fly, and it was just blowing away legions of Windam's and Murasame's in stock footage over and over and over.

And this went on for 20 episodes.
>>
You can all pat each other in the back as much as you want but SEED will always be trash
>>
>>13987955
I like SEED now
>>
>>13988024
Actually I take this comment back
I just got to the episode where Kira steals the Freedom and holy shit it's so fucking retarded
I hate seeing him disable mobile suits without killing the pilots, it's such a fucking cop out. I'd argue it's borderline unethical and irresponsible writing. In a real war you can't just harmlessly disable your foes consistently like that. It completely kills all of the development Kira had before this. His internal conflict is that he wants to protect his friends, but doesn't want to kill anyone anymore. The Freedom is a fucking copout that lets him get away without making a decision.

You were right /m/, fuck SEED, fuck Fukuda. I get it now, I finally understand the endless shitposting about SEED.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (85 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
85 KB, 1280x720
>>13989887
>>
>>13987955
I like SEED today. Don't feel bad anon, it really isn't nearly as bad as /m/ likes to pretend it is.
>>
SEED's alright its that second series everyone rightfully gets crazed over.
>>
I like SEED's units in SRW J.

Never saw the show. Should I bother?
>>
>>13989887

You got all of that out of a scene where Kira disabled two guys during his escape? And are parroting the stuff people have said a million times before?

I call bullshit. You've watched it before, you're just trying to be funny.

We aren't laughing.
>>
>>13988136
> Heck, even up to the orb fleet battle and Shinn killing Todaka was at least as bearable as anything in SEED.

I honestly felt like the first arc of Destiny was better than the entirety of SEED. And it's also because of that fact that the rest of Destiny is just so, so much worse. Like if Destiny hadn't started so strong, I am fully convinced that the whole Cosmic Era would've just been written off as a failed venture without much fanfare and simply be left to rot.
>>
>>13991991
No, I am watching it for the first time.
Admittedly I'd seen the things people said about SEED, but I wasn't expecting this much of a cop out.
It's more than just two guys in his escape from orb, it's that whole battle on the sea where Kira is just disabling everyone. Even the gundam he was struggling with prior.
>>
>>13993411

You've reached the point where the Gundam's are so powerful only Gundam's are threats to each other now.

It's really no different from the Zaft Gundam's effortlessly crushing the fleet. They've hit the point where the tech level is so much higher than their opponents it's no effort to fight them anymore. Kira is simply choosing disabling as his one shot of choice, but would it really be any better if he was just one shooting them in the cockpits instead.

At least they have the excuse of the Gundam's being 4 times as powerful as their opponents. In Destiny you have the Gundam's there effortlessly shooting down 30 enemies at a time (Yes they are killing them, but still casually picking them off as easily as Kira does just shooting their cockpits instead of their heads) and they don't have a real excuse as their tech level isn't than much more advanced anymore.
>>
>>13993556
>but would it really be any better if he was just one shooting them in the cockpits instead

Personally, I think so. Kira struggles with the moral qualms of killing in self defence. Giving him the ability to disable his opponents lets him cop out of answering that question. In a war you don't get that, you don't get to just shoot someone in the arm and disable them.

The fact that the gundams are four times more powerful still doesn't excuse how they kill the tension. To be fair though, this might improve in the next few episodes.
>>
>>13994123
>In a war you don't get that, you don't get to just shoot someone in the arm and disable them.

Well that's a stupid way to look at it. In a robot war, yes you do. And that has it's own pros and cons as you will see.

It's no different than Batman or someone deciding to fight thugs on the street without killing any of them. It's outlandish yes but this is fiction.

It's also worth noting Kira's done with self defense. He had his chance to walk away from the war so people weren't constantly trying to kill him, and actively went back into it to try and change things for the better.
>>
>>13994123
>To be fair though, this might improve in the next few episodes.
It does. The druggies are on Kira's level and give him trouble every time.
>>
nowhere near as bad as the scum that require purging.
>>
>>13999152
Forgot your picture didn't you?
>>
File: destroy all vermin.png (492 KB, 602x566) Image search: [Google]
destroy all vermin.png
492 KB, 602x566
>>13999158
Yes, yes I did, and space rats still need termination.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.