[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm watching G Gundam for the first time, and I'm on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_ng4ut6Agkk1teummeo1_500.jpg (35 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ng4ut6Agkk1teummeo1_500.jpg
35 KB, 500x372
I'm watching G Gundam for the first time, and I'm on episode 7. Why is that I cared more about Chico and Gina than I did about Biscuit's death? I don't know if it's the writer's or the animator's inability to animate a scene in a way that brings out drama, but man the level of gap in my interest of the characters between the two shows is insane.

Anyway G Gundam thread/IBO is shit thread
>>
>>13986243
IBO's writing is terrible, predicatble to the point that the moment you looked at him you knew he was going to die, and the directing is overall extremely limp.
>>
The two situations can't exactly be compared. G had a staff trying to make the best of doing a show that was planned as an even bigger toy commercial than usual, while IBO's only does it out of obligation to the point that it's almost like working as a salaryman.
>>
>>13986251
you can say that about most anime to be honest.
>>
>>13986243
Ehh, if you're enjoying G Gundam things will be seen more positively, I for one never really enjoyed G so Chico and Gina were nothing special, much like Biscuit's death.
>>
>>13986256
You're not wrong
>>
>>13986255
So they can be compared is what you're saying? Just that one is made by people who actually have talent and care, and the other doesn't? Thus proving my point.
>>13986262
Totally fair point. But I'm always open to shows, and I like G because I find the characters and the directing to be well done as opposed to IBO which I found to be a bore after episode 3.
>>
>>13986243
Why is that I cared more about Chico and Gina than I did about Domon and Rain?
>>
>>13986256
IBO commits the sin of being dull and tepid as fuck above that.
>>
>>13986243
I'm surprised that was your biggest takeaway from the episode not how stupid the episode was.

>"Chico was a Gundam fighter who fought courageously for his nation and sacrificed his life honorably. I'm sure our nation will recognize this."
>defending a guy that that stole a giant mecha that's suppose help you rule the colonies and with probably trillions of Pesos invested into it, they just to watched it get steamrolled in 10 seconds
>>
File: takei&imagawa.jpg (42 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
takei&imagawa.jpg
42 KB, 540x720
>>13986243
>>13986282
Because G Gundam was directed by Imagawa, while IBO is being directed by a second tier director.

Imagawa was the only one who managed to turn what would have been a failure of a show into a successful one. If Bandai and Sunrise stuck to the toy commercial & tournament aspect of G, they would have failed miserably.

Imagawa gave the show a huge amount of depth and references (as evidenced by the G Gundam DVD interview) and the results paid off. G Gundam was a creative endeavor that encompassed everything good about wuxia movies without being devoid of social commentaries either.

Shin Mazinger, Giant Robo, and Tetsujin 28 had moments of really strong writing when it mattered.

If Imagawa had the opportunity to write a new Gundam, he would blow everything that came out in the last 10 years out of the park. Sunrise is being retarded by not getting him back on the team.
>>
>>13986493
>imagawa wanted to do a serious war drama
>gets handed over street fighter
how the fuck does he manage?
>>
>>13986705
The simple answer would be he's just good.

The true answer is that he treats silly scenes with the utmost seriousness, like in wuxia movies unlike plenty of other mecha series where the director just gives ups and resorts to making self refential parodies and jokes.

This scene in Giant Robo is really fucking stupid without context.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4rjPo3uZAA

The action barely makes any sense, but it works in my opinion because I can understand that it's not about the action, but about the heroism involved. The tone the show takes paint all over the silly scenes, like G Gundam.
>>
>>13986243

Because at the end of the day, the staff of G just said "fuck it, Sunrise gave us lemons, let's make some goddamn lemonade". Read the G-Files I ripped and posted a couple months back.

https://mega.nz/#!D4diQLjL!7nV2epwSiRraO5hNUzv9BFcRoukg8cH9i6Yzv-NwyIo

>>13986493

Oh right, he's a huge ST fan.
>>
>>13986913
Thanks, anon.
>>
>>13986913
>Oh right, he's a huge ST fan.

He put a starfleet guy in one of the G Gundam OPs right?
>>
>>13986255
>IBO's only does it out of obligation to the point that it's almost like working as a salaryman.

So it's like Valvrave where you can tell nobody working on it has any passion for it and they're just churning out popular robot tropes in the hopes fanboys eat it up like they did other shows?
>>
>>13986243
Wow thanks for the spoilers asshole I didn't know there was a character named Chico in G Gundam yet.
>>
>>13988702
Just wait until you see his Gundam.
>>
>>13988702
Rain's dad caused the entire plot to happen.
Master Asia is incredibly misguided
Kyoji dindu nothing wrong
>>
>>13988750
The ultimate tragedy is how the military perverted what was intended to be a force for the betterment of mankind into a weapon.

Quck, did I spoil G Gundam or the UC? Or X, or SEED?
>>
Doesn't he go down like faster than any other Fighter of the week? I remember he doesn't even get an attack out before Domon chops him down.
>>
>>13988969
Neo Cuba got wrecked really badly, even faster than Neo Mexico.
>>
>>13988680
Wew lad.
>>
>>13988672

That was him actually, in a starfleet uniform
>>
>>13988951
>or X

DOME was never meant to be for the betterment of mankind.
>>
>>13989157
>DOME was never meant to be for the betterment of mankind.
Nah, I was going with Newtypes, same as UC.
>>
>>13988969
he gets ramba ral'd
>>
>>13988984
Arachno Gundam had a awesome hat though.
>>
>>13986243
The Neo-Mexico episode reminded me of Doan's Island.
I liked Doan's Island.
>>
>>13993949
Doan's a cool guy that taught Amuro mobile suit martial arts
Chico is a shit fighter that didn't last 3 seconds against Domon

>select all taxis
>cartoon clipart taxi is one of them
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.