[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Genuine question, do you guys consider Setsuna to be a "Gary
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: Hi-res Setsuna.jpg (4 MB, 5500x5675) Image search: [Google]
Hi-res Setsuna.jpg
4 MB, 5500x5675
Genuine question, do you guys consider Setsuna to be a "Gary Stu"?
Personally I love him, a bit too much in fact.
But this love also has revealed to me my bias. Which is why I ask you guys.

Honestly it's strange. It's been 9 years since 00 finished airing and yet Setsuna has always remained as my favorite protagonist.
>>
File: Setsuna Understood.jpg (329 KB, 1498x369) Image search: [Google]
Setsuna Understood.jpg
329 KB, 1498x369
I'll take this thread as an excuse to post my favorite screencap.
>>
No. He is as flawed as any believable protagonist, he has a really horrible past, and he doesn't have the right answer to everything.

In the scene where Lyle punches him, if it was Kira in Setsuna's place, he would probably do what he did to Sai.
>>
Yes, everyone who ever wins is a gary stu.
And anyone who loses is a jobber.
>>
He's an incredibly shit pilot and Amuro should have killed him like the autistic little faggot that he is. Other than that, he's fine.
>>
>>13985685
Setsuna would understand Amuros feelings
>>
File: Pupu.jpg (56 KB, 311x527) Image search: [Google]
Pupu.jpg
56 KB, 311x527
>>13985645
Would he really? I think even Kira would understand Lyle's pain.
Put Setsuna in Kira's place though and it would've turned out very differently. Because Setsuna would just brush off Flay's advances in the first place. But yeah, if Sai attacked Sets, Sets would have taken it.
>>
The 00 Raiser is more of a mary sue than Setsuna himself is.
>>
>>13985675
Come on man, I was just asking for an opinion.
>>
He managed to do "understanding" (lower caps) in a way that makes sense, so no.
>>
>>13985611
No, he's not. He's a decent pilot, not even the best. He fails several times and has a gradual growth, without becoming too much perfect.

Kira would save Anew without too much effort. Setsuna, even with Innovator powers, can not do it.
>>
>>13985895
Bitchslapping females isnt always going to fix their problems
>>
>>13985987
It does when you're in Super Seed mode.
>>
>>13985779
Well it is the closest thing to the Turn-A/X from Gundam, at least until Chicken How Are You and the G-Backpack came along.
>>
>>13985611
Nah, he's fine.
His hair is nice.
>>
File: are you there.jpg (707 KB, 1424x1068) Image search: [Google]
are you there.jpg
707 KB, 1424x1068
Could Setsuna make understanding with Festum?
>>
>>13986140

Chicken How Are You?
>>
>>13988054
>fafner
Why
>>
File: 4543112967336.jpg (468 KB, 1024x1292) Image search: [Google]
4543112967336.jpg
468 KB, 1024x1292
>>13988389
>>
>>13988054
With the Quanta, maybe
>>
>>13985876
Honestly, 'telepathy' is actually the form of understanding that makes sense the least. Everyone knowing your secrets or how you really feel would just make things worse.
>>
>>13986140
I'm not even talking about auto-win with understanding, it's performance alone is fucking ridiculous. It has more range than fucking Cherudim, the sniping gundam and just as much power to boot, speed just slightly slower than Arios while still managing to keep extremely strong in close combat.
>>
>>13988823
Telepathy didn't fix things, I think breaking into their belly with the Qrt0 did.
>>
>>13988823

Maybe.

In 00 however it was just what everyone needed. It got Billy, Louise and Andrei to stand down by forcing their minds together so they'd know they were going crazy to kill CB over a misunderstanding (and that it wasn't a lie since they were in their head) and in the movie was the only way to communicate with the ELS and let them know they were being destructive at all.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.