[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm shocked at how awful this last episode was.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: Football baddie.jpg (114 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Football baddie.jpg
114 KB, 1280x720
I'm shocked at how awful this last episode was.
>>
Full Throttle redeemed it imo
>>
It's largely optional outside of showing how Micchy started believing in himself again at the end of the series. And even then that part is also largely optional since the semi-final covers it well enough to let you watch Drive vs. Gaim.
>>
>>13984632
Man I didn't know that though, I was just going through Gaim (and skipped the soccer movie since that episode was painful enough.)
>>
>>13984632
It should have never happened, or rather, it should never have happened the way it did. It ruined the feeling of the actual final conflict (vs Lord Baron) and was in really bad taste.
>>
>>13984648
You did yourself a favor. That soccer movie was the worst, laziest clusterfuck of a movie in ages, and it literally ends with "LOL IT NEVER HAPPENED". What a waste of a chance to explore the sengoku potential of Gaim.
>>
I'm so glad I didn't watch the movie. Normally I watch every Rider movie, but all that soccer was like an instant "don't watch this one"
>>
>>13984664
The soccer parts really only occured in the beginning for like 10 minutes, followed by an incredibly stupid soccer-theme battle in the end. Really, they fucking wasted the movie's potential on a half-assed Golden Cup advertisement. It was a mistake that never should have been greenlit, but Toei Jews couldn't resist the sponsorship money.
>>
>>13984661
>>13984664
That's exactly why I didn't watch it, looked dumb as hell. Feels even worse that I had to know at least a little bit about it to understand the evil apple dude.
>>
As said earlier, Full Throttle movie basically fixes everything wrong with the last episode and gives an actual epilogue you can be happy with
>>
>>13984661
This. I can't believe they wasted Gaim's movie on soccer.
>>
I don't mind the episode thematically, but it's poorly done and that can be attributed to Toei going LOL WE NEED THAT WORLD CUP MONEY OH FUCK JAPAN GOT KNOCKED OUT IN THE FIRST ROUND.
>>
>>13984732
I can see why they made it, but they should have just not make it at all. Maybe just stretch the final battle between Gaim and Baron with more scenes (Suika vs Suika) and then have the last episode include Takatora's revival. Or hell, maybe explore the other reality where Gaim and Baron fought in their base forms to the end.
>>
>>13984625
Why wasn't Drive there? That makes him the black sheep of the post-Decade Riders in terms of appearing before his show. Its not as if he would've made it any worse.
>>
>>13984792

I prefer the term 'anomaly', and besides most of those are fucking stupid and make no sense anyway so fuck 'em.
>>
>>13984832
>I prefer the term 'anomaly'
Is that you Ryoma?
>>
>>13984848

That's Warren Driver to you.
>>
File: Muh Anomalies.jpg (207 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Muh Anomalies.jpg
207 KB, 1920x1080
>>13984832
I just can't help but associate the word 'anomaly' with dinosaur-spewing time portals thanks to pic related.
>>
File: 1417643691905.jpg (79 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1417643691905.jpg
79 KB, 960x540
>>13984853
I'm sorry, didn't meant to disrespect you, Professor.
>>
>>13984864
Is that Dr. Who?
>>
>>13984864
>Primeval
>Someone remembers this Limey sci-fi film in 2016
>>
>>13984868
>Thuganomics
>Cena horns go here
>>
>>13984870
Close enough, it was the equivalent show on a rival British network a few years back.

>>13984876
It had a good run, but we Beowulf now.shame it's gonna inevitably get cancelled after the first season ends.
>>
>>13984625
At least it gave us Jam.
Gaim had many good unplanned designs(and some shitty ones but it still surprising)
>>
>>13984915
They wasted Kamuro though. A Hideyoshi-based Gaim would have been a neat thing, but the motherfucker was played by a dude in little boy pants, followed by his only attack being to turn into a soccer ball.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.