[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kaiten Torpedo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 13
File: torpedo_1.jpg (124 KB, 650x487) Image search: [Google]
torpedo_1.jpg
124 KB, 650x487
http://www.japanator.com/ministry-of-defense-selling-suicide-torpedo-kewpie-toys-12764.phtml

Pretty disturbing.
>>
Source
>>
So these are the babies that pop out of those boat-girls? Sorry, not very familiar with that series.
>>
File: zero_fighter.jpg (41 KB, 554x432) Image search: [Google]
zero_fighter.jpg
41 KB, 554x432
This has very mixed connotations.
>>
>>13982562
http://inventorspot.com/articles/its_war_baby_cute_kewpie_doll_zero_fighter_cell_phone_charm_36946

This is actually a friendship charm given to Americans.
>>
The Kaiten is still the dumbest thing to me. Homing torpedoes were already a thing back then, why make PILOTED torpedoes?
>>
File: m5a1_2.jpg (29 KB, 455x341) Image search: [Google]
m5a1_2.jpg
29 KB, 455x341
Not very innocent.
>>
What's wrong with the Zero? Aside from a lack of armour and self-sealing fuel tanks.
>>
>>13982610
It's from when JAPAN was BAAAAAAAAAAAD.
>>
>>13982570
People were cheaper than homing systems.
>>
>>13982570
It's a torpedo with a biological control system and and highly advanced ai
>>
File: crawl.jpg (52 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
crawl.jpg
52 KB, 540x540
Putting babies in front of a gun barrel isn't helping either.
>>
>>13982559
I think the banned baby torpedos would go well with Kan Colle figures.
>>
File: torpedo_2.jpg (37 KB, 450x332) Image search: [Google]
torpedo_2.jpg
37 KB, 450x332
Any merchandise on Yamato Damashii is considered bad.
>>
I hope they expand the line
>>
>>13982570

Because it was late-war Japan. Any sort of sense or intelligence the IJN and IJA had were long gone by that time.
>>
>>13983694
>http://www.japanator.com/ministry-of-defense-selling-suicide-torpedo-kewpie-toys-12764.phtml

Pretty much this. Insane levels of desperation plus a fantatical populous.
>>
>>13982610
Barely updated later in the war, especially after the Akutan Zero incident. With the Zero's flaws wide open, you'd figure IJN High Command would at least authorize a modernization program.
Unfortunately, budgetary concerns due to a heavy drop in resources, plus the increasing shift of using Zeroes for HONORABU SUICIDE Kamikaze wings ruined its future.
>>
>>13984910
The nazis had suicide planes and torpedoes as well. Hitler had given the order that everyone was to fight to the death and that every city had to become fortress.

The Germans ultimately rejected that notion however.
>>
>>13982570
They had school girls train with sharpened bamboo sticks, the whole thing was nuts.

There is a reason why Japan doesn't like the military after the craziness of WW2.
>>
>>13984970
>We can't let filthy american piggu take our islands! What should we do?
>Throw the okinawans at them! They're not Japanese anyway!
>Draft the schoolchildren and train them to fight!
>>
>>13983609
That really is messed up, how could the Japanese take the weapons of Imperial Japan so light heartedly?

Using babies as a facade is so wrong.

It appears innocent, be it clearly isn't.
>>
>>13982562
It looks like a coffin.
>>
>>13983690
Haha Liquidator Kewpie. Gotta love the white streaks at the bottom to from all the radioactive debris on the roof.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 300x300
>>13987708
Dude where have you been for the last 10 years? They're pushing militancy since China is planting islands everywhere.
>>
I could tell, and even many modern military models have been released by Takara Tomy. Japan takes pride in their military and would even use Kewpies to promote them.
>>
I'm not seeing an issue here.
>>
Don't forget Momotaro and the Divine Warriors was also an attempt to use cute things as war propaganda.
>>
Japan is renowned for using cute things to mislead people.
>>
>>13993093
>DUDE SUICIDE BABIES LMAO
>>
I love how Japan and Germany went in total opposite directions in regards to their actions in WW2.
>>
>>14000823

>https://www.youtube.com/watchv=IWAf3dQxAfQ

So did the j00s
>>
>>14000928
To be fair, that's because one had all of its dirty laundry hauled out and aired for all the world to see. Comparatively, Japan's war crimes are still not as widely known as they should be in a lot of circles.

Germany kind of had no choice but to condemn their past. They were dead to rights on a lot of that and weren't going to pretend otherwise. Japan never got the full investigation so they still have factions that will pretend it was all lies.
>>
>>14000991
That slipped my mind. Not to mention the US outright dismissed information about Unit 731 as Commie propaganda because they wanted the research the Japanes did.
Really though, Germany got hit hard by the whole Collectice Guilt thing.
>>
>>14000928
More like Germany is setting a hell of an example for Japan to never fucking go that way
>>
File: the revenge of the DDR.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
the revenge of the DDR.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>14001068
>>
>>14001177
How the fuck did she get elected?
>>
>>14001190
Germany is a full cuckhood now.
>>
>>14001219
On the bright side, regional elections have shown a good bit of opposition against her.
>>
Japan has built a battleship the size of an island at 15km long, a bit shorter than the Exector from Star Wars.
>>
File: images-7.jpg (25 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
images-7.jpg
25 KB, 384x384
I may be a hidden battleship like Space Yamato.
>>
>>14001516
It looks kind of smug.
>>
>>14001513
Fafnerfags have gone too far.
>>
File: 413IJEJv8KL._SL1172_.jpg (23 KB, 207x337) Image search: [Google]
413IJEJv8KL._SL1172_.jpg
23 KB, 207x337
Japan might be going to war with China soon.
>>
Which fighter would this be?
>>
Late-war Japan is such an interesting area to read up about. The whole military lost it's fucking mind and decided that chucking people as suicide bombers was not only a fantastic idea, they should made wacky shit like human torpedos. They issued shitty equipment to the poor saps conscripted instead of trying to fix flaws in their own equipment with the limited resources they had and had zero regard for the safety of their own people, to the point where they made middle school students into suicide bombers (didn't help they were non-Japanese Okinawans, but you get the point) and made shitty improv weapons for civilians to use against the USA.

Christ, they were willing to turn Japan, the most developed East Asian country, into hell on earth and chuck every person with a pulse at the Americans (and likely Soviet Union) instead of deciding that, ya know, surrendering will let us keep our country somewhat intact instead of Japan becoming a giant, island-sized smoldering crater and GRORIOUS GOD-EMPEROR HIROHITO being ventilated, forced to commit suicide, or transforming into a smear on the ground because of an invasion.
>>
>>13982570
Well, crashing a plane to the enemy ship is pretty stupid as well. The reason why they do this is all mostly out of desperation. Sure there's honor and all that shit, but mostly because they are desperate thanks to Midway.
>>
>>13983603
I think the game devs say that they won't put suicide machines on the game. Heck, Kitakami once mentioned that she don't want to load any Kaiten on her despite historically, she did.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.