[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Are Newtypes Real Hahahaha Nigga
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
File: 8_155153-672x372.jpg (107 KB, 672x372) Image search: [Google]
8_155153-672x372.jpg
107 KB, 672x372
Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Are Newtypes Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Shoot Down The Funnels Like Nigga Concentrate Haha
>>
File: 234342346276.jpg (44 KB, 460x399) Image search: [Google]
234342346276.jpg
44 KB, 460x399
Fuck you.
>>
>>13980733
being new type doesn't mean you are expert at fighting, it just means you have extra set of skills you can bring to the fight over the other normies of the same level. It's like in WoW, someone with orange gears at lvl10 doesn't mean they can beat someone with white gears that's lvl30
>>
File: aesthetics.png (902 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
aesthetics.png
902 KB, 640x480
>>13980755
a e s t h e t i c s
>>
>>13980876
Newtypes literally arent real in Gundam X, they exist as an idea but arent a real thing. Which is the point of this thread.
>>
>>13980891
Holy fuck these two really were the worst villians in Gundam history.

What the fuck were they even trying to do?
>>
>>13980946
They were literally two petty assholes starting a war over their inferiority complex.

I actually liked them for it. Gundam leans way too heavily on ideological villains with these long-term schemes and goals, it was nice to have some plain cunts.
>>
>>13980927
If later UC or Turn A or even G-Reco matter, then they aren't real in UC either.

There's some murderous asshole psychics about but they're not the 'new type' of humanity either, thank christ.
>>
>>13981008
> If any of the stuff literally nobody cares about counts
Nope.
>>
>>13981019
Here's your (You).
>>
>>13980957

> They were literally two petty assholes starting a war over their inferiority complex.

The funny thing is that they aren't that different from Char in CCA. The only difference is that Char cloaks his pettiness with 'Muh Spacenoid Freedums' and 'Muh Newtypes' bullshit so easily led idiots (both in and out of universe) are tricked into thinking he's somethingore than a petty asshole.
>>
>>13980946
Do you mean in the aesthetics scene or in general?
In the aesthetics scene they were being silly to throw garrod off their trail
Their big plan was to kill other newtypes because they were bitter, just like how char killed all the zabis
>>
>>13980946

They had been raised in a lab since birth to be weapons, told it was their destiny to lead humanity back from the brink as Newtypes. When it was found out they weren't Newtypes, they were labeled as failures and promptly discarded. They took this incredibly personally and made it their life's goal to fuck the Federation in the ass and kill all Newtypes out of a petty revenge scheme. They effectively purged the Federation of its corruptive elements in the process.

Tiffa and Garrod realized they were products of their environment and that's why they were spared at the end of the series. They were given their second chance, since they never had a first one to begin with.

They're not good villains. They're Team Rocket in Gundams (rad edgelord Gundams named after demons).
>>
>>13981735
They were newtypes, the feddies just deemed them type-F newtypes despite them having super telepathy because they couldnt use the flash system
This fucked them up because they were actually very powerful newtypes but they were shunned because of the flash system
>>
File: teampatrickGO.png (302 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
teampatrickGO.png
302 KB, 640x480
>>13981735
>Team Rocket in Gundams
The best
>>
>>13981686
>In the aesthetics scene they were being silly to throw garrod off their trail

That was always pretty clever in them hamming up the "You are our eternal rivals and we are destined to battle" thing just so Garrod will think that's the reason they keep stalking him.
>>
>>13981789
Yeah I liked how they acted like a real villain would and didnt explain things to garrod first chance they got to gloat
>>
>>13980733

TIFFA
>>
File: 12426530s45642.jpg (277 KB, 1346x1146) Image search: [Google]
12426530s45642.jpg
277 KB, 1346x1146
>>13980733
Greatest post of 2016. Pack it up, we're done.
>>
Earthnoids don't think it be like dis

But it do
>>
File: 1457339276857.gif (451 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1457339276857.gif
451 KB, 300x200
>>13980733
I want to give this show a chance. I really do. I like his moxie in fights. But god fucking damn every moment with him an Tiffa is so fucking stifled and typical 90s "OH SHIT A GIRL" awkward wacky MISUNDERSTANDINGS bullshit, I can't keep watching. I don't like the idea of skipping ahead, because for all I know important shit is slipped in between those scenes.
>>
>>13981815

To be fair there was one scene when Olba, pissed off at having to retreat in the face of Garrod for their master plan to keep working, calls Garrod up over the comm to basically say "We'll still win when we get our war, neener neener neener" which is actually what tips Garrod off that they want the war to happen in the first place.
>>
>>13985445
That stops like ten episodes in and its otherwise him and Tiffa just being cute and trying to appeal to each other.
>>
>>13985445

There's some awkwardness about their relationship while they get to know each other, but quite frankly all of that is worth it for the payoff. Because of it, their feelings for each other feel a lot more genuine after going through all that shit. And Tiffa doesn't stay a doll the entire series.
>>
I just finished this series for the first time a few weeks ago. It's a weird coincidence to see it being posted about in /m/ all of a sudden since it's pretty infrequently brought up.
I had a somewhat fun time watching it mostly because it had a very 90's look and feel and was nostalgic for me despite never having seen it as a kid. However, I really can't think of anything all that nice to say about it.
I kinda liked the whole wandering-the-globe-searching-for-newtypes setup that the plot had for a while, but the last quarter of the show or so it seemed like the writers were scrambling to give the show a generic climax. The whole DOME thing felt like a real deus ex machina and kind of reminded me of the end of Votoms.
Garrod was a likeable guy, and I also liked that he sometimes got his ass handed to him for the most part during fights, despite having the most powerful machine. All the mains seemed to have plot armor in the long run, though. Oh, and the romance isn't so bad. The whole falling-in-love-at-first-sight and initial awkwardness stuff is trite and embarrassing, but by the end they're just two people who feel like they belong in each others' company and want to be together, which I think is a pretty refreshingly honest estimation of what love actually is.
Overall I'd say I enjoyed it more than 0083 but it's probably the least recommendable Gundam show I've seen (I've seen them all except Age, 00 and Seed at this point. And Thunderbolt or whatever the new one is). I usually take some screenshots of shows I watch but apparently didn't this time, which I suppose is a testament to the unremarkable nature of Gundam X.
>>
>>13986685
And, yeah, the Frost brothers just want everyone to die because they were bitter. It's not a lack of motivation or anything you're not getting, it's just that all the characters are so paper-thin it's almost surreal. I mean Ennil El chases Garrod around trying to kill him for most of the series because he wouldn't give her the d . in the beginning. Clearly, nuanced and complex characterization is not something you should look for here.
>>
File: 1335481835504.png (40 KB, 512x478) Image search: [Google]
1335481835504.png
40 KB, 512x478
>>13980957
I agree.
>>
>>13986685
>the last quarter of the show or so it seemed like the writers were scrambling to give the show a generic climax.

Because that is what happened. The show was cut down
>>
>>13986710
Sometimes things really are as they seem. Thank you for the validation, I guess.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.