[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any other mobile suits out there that are used for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: file.png (404 KB, 631x433) Image search: [Google]
file.png
404 KB, 631x433
Are there any other mobile suits out there that are used for deep space travel or at least were intended to be used for deep space travel?

I can only think of Stargazer and that thing from the end of the 00 Movie, and maybe Portant Gundam from Try because it was based on that 00 suit.

Is it true the Turn A and Turn X was intended to be for deep space travel too?
>>
>>13979960
what was that short about Gundam trying to into FTL? would that count?
>>
>>13979960
Yes the turn A and X were intended for deep space warfare
>>
>>13979960
Turn X, probably.

Turn A is just a reverse-engineered X, but should still be well-equipped for prolonged space travel,
>>
Record Breaker
>>
>>13979960

> Turn-A/X

Deep space warfare? Maybe. Travel? No, not that we know of at least. There's nothing in the shows, novels or manuals for instance.
>>
>>13979960
You all talk about "deep space" but what do you mean by that? When I hear about deep space, I think about interstellar travel. And I highly doubt you can do that with any gundam, you'll need a generation ship. Even traveling between planets takes months. Does any gundam has enough supplies, living space and life-sustaining systems?
>>
>>13980335

They presumably mean an X-Wing style Gundam, that can travel between systems quickly and so doesn't need the life-support, power supply or whatever that you're mentioning.
>>
>>13980335
F99 Record Breaker can travel from Earth to Jupiter in 1 week.
>>
>>13980011
>>13980379
Record Breaker was designed for fast and fast alone, not for being able to wander around alone for ten months.
>>
>>13980483

It also can't into interstellar travel. Earth to Jupiter is nothing on The Solar System to any other, even Alpha Centrauri at only 4 light years.
>>
>>13980335
Stargazer is supposed to have an AI and then sent to explore deep space on its own.
At least, that's what they planned.
>>
>>13980335
If the Tsugumori cant do it, what chance does a Gundam have?
>>
>>13980335
Turn A and X can allegedly heal their pilots with nanomachines
Also they are really fast
>>
>>13980335
Didn't the very Gundam you posted travel to another solar system in an instant?
>>
>>13981653
Didn't it only go to Jupiter?
>>
>>13981668
No it teleported all the way to the ELS homeworld
>>
Ideon

It spends most of its time in deep space. Sometimes I wonder why it's even humanoid
>>
>>13981653
>filename
>>
>>13980335
>You all talk about "deep space" but what do you mean by that? When I hear about deep space, I think about interstellar travel. And I highly doubt you can do that with any gundam, you'll need a generation ship.
Exactly. If you are going on a trip for years or decades, you are going to want a vehicle with a proper bed, bathroom and shower facilities. Trying to go into deep space in a Gundam would be like going on a roadtrip across Europe in an armoured personnel carrier. You would be making your life more difficult for no reason.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.