[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So when does Seed get bad? I'm watching the HD remaster
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 720x480
So when does Seed get bad? I'm watching the HD remaster after neglecting it after watching every other Gundam entry. So far I'm at episode 10, and it feels like it's dragging on a bit but over all not as terrible as I thought.
>>
>>13977207
Destiny.
>>
>>13977212
second
>>
>>13977207
The early episodes are actually pretty ok. Things don't even start getting dumb until Kira surives exploding, and then the Cline faction happens.

The real aneurysm-inducing stupid begins after seven or so episodes of Destiny.
>>
You're in the part where SEED is okay.

>So when does Seed get bad?
Around the point when he gets Freedom
>>
>>13977207
>I'm watching the HD remaste

The HD Remaster fixes technical issues (early digital animation ages horribly) and fills in a few plotholes. If you ever want to see why SEED has such a bad rep, watch the SD versions. HD still has a shitton of problems, but it was fansubs of the broadcast versions that began everything.
>>
>>13977207
Every Gundam series is ok until around episode 10-15 though
Even IBO was pretty alright by episode 10 (though it was unbearable right after)
>>
>>13977301
IBO is an inverse bell curve.
>>
>>13977295
No, cheap digital animation ages horribly.

Scryed and Fafner were both Hirai shows that cane out in the early digital animation Era and both aged a lot better visually.
>>
SEED's decent aside from some logic holes after the Strike-Aegis fight, but it's saved by some entertaining villains (even if they aren't particularly well written). Destiny's when things go full retard.

Also since you're watching the remaster, it's hard to describe the mediocrity of the original version (though it was more consistent, and lacking the retarded changes the remaster brought).
>>
>>13977295
You forgot to mention that the remaster is cropped to widescreen.

The show was originally made in 4:3 aspect ratio, so any scene they didn't redraw is horribly upscaled and riddled with artifacts from the SD source.
>>
>>13977207
Keep in mind your expectations are probably really low after witnessing years worth of people shitting on SEED. The guys who shit on it more than likely saw it when it first aired. You're pretty much going through the opposite scenario of the guys who shit on Zeta these days.
>>
>>13977375
I totally forgot I haven't seen AGE yet either. I'm a huge UC faggot anyways so I'll probably get bored wth Seed.
>>
>>13977363
Not him, but does this mean I should watch the original instead?
>>
>>13977340
>Also since you're watching the remaster, it's hard to describe the mediocrity of the original version
Example: They had to retcon someone's helmet in SEED, which confirmed he died, so he could return in the sequel without explanation. Imagine, you see this character die in the show in the TV version, grieve for a year, only to see him come back in the sequel because they changed that in the compilation movie that came out the same month the sequel started.
>>
>>13977207
Seed isn't that bad, just mediocre like X, Wing, etc. Seed Destiny is where it actually gets really shitty
>>
>>13977430
The original has a dub where Kira sounds less whiny. More self-righteous, but it sounds more like he's his supposed age. Also, I've been told the dub of Destiny makes some minor tweeks to the dialogue in an attempt to make it sound less bad.
>>
>>13977430
it's largely the same story, it's just a slightly different visual representation due to the cropping and zoom, not really much point in switching between them
>>
File: seedremaster.jpg (104 KB, 1280x480) Image search: [Google]
seedremaster.jpg
104 KB, 1280x480
>>13977430
I would recommend the original (DVD version is best), if just to see what /m/'s been fussing about for the past decade. The different ED songs in second half alone give a different feel to scene transitions at the end of episodes.

And, of course, 50% less Hirai face.
>>
>>13977477
>left: I am angry about something that makes me angry! Grrr!
>right: Oh no, everytime I open my mouth like a this a dick lodges itself in my mouth and I have to suck it
>>
>>13977477
I keep seeing this picture but I'm still not sure which is the original and which is the remaster.
>>
Maybe I'll try and do an ep-by-ep guide on what version to watch.

But maybe It'll just condense down to: "DON'T FUCKING WATCH THE NICHOL DEATH SCENE IN THE REMASTER"
>>
>>13977551
I dunno, it's really easy for me

old anime comes in 4:3 and not 16:9
>>
>>13977544
I see the right more as "wah. Someone's being mean to a puppy. And it's not cool to be mean to puppies"
>>
File: 1457360158133.gif (494 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1457360158133.gif
494 KB, 320x180
>>13977477
Im willing to put up with the shitty upscaling and cropping at times if it means having new animations at times, like this glorious scene.
>>
I'm in OP's boat, after years of anti-SEED posts I finally watched it for myself and thought it was decent enough, but shits the bed really hard during the last 10 or so episodes.

But the real kick in the nuts was going to Destiny after experiencing Shinn as a character in SRW. It's like your uncle comes to visit and you think he's a pretty cool guy, but then you go to his house and he's a fucking emotional nightmare.
>>
>>13977640
/r/ing a webm of this.
>>
>>13977207
>it feels like it's dragging on a bit but over all not as terrible as I thought
That pretty well sums up the whole series. The overuse of flashbacks becomes obnoxious later on, but never quite becomes unbearable in the way that it is in something like, say, Attack On Titan.
>>
>>13977640
That is worst breast-bounce animation I have seen in a non-hentai anime.
>>
>>13977207
I didn't find SEED offensively bad, it's pretty average for the most part. I am getting through Destiny and it make me want to die, though.
>>
>>13977727
TAKE IT BACK MOTHERFUCKER
>>
>>13977363
The majority of the scenes where this would happen in the bd remaster have been redrawn, so there is actually very few major zoom and crops. Toward the middle end there are entire scenes that don't exist in the original sd version. They really went all out for this blu ray release.
>>
>>13977207
If you can get over the fact that 90% of the cast is an insufferable teenage brat, then you're golden, OP.
>>
>>13977335
Hell, Dai-Guard still looks pretty nice and it started airing at the end of 1999
>>
File: seedremasterupsacle.jpg (84 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
seedremasterupsacle.jpg
84 KB, 1280x720
>>13977872
The majority of scenes ARE upscaled to various extents (some more obvious than others) so the cropping issue still applies. They simply got better at framing/blending the old footage with the new towards the end.

By the Destiny remaster they had pretty much perfected the art so it's nearly indistinguishable (or maybe Destiny had better masters, I'm not sure).
>>
Right here
>>
>>13978014
Only autists have a problem with this. Kira surviving the explosion isn't a problem from a dramatic perspective, there would have been no meaning to his death at that point. It was just that the self-destruct scene was poorly handled. It really isn't a big deal.
>>
>>13978046
It's still when the show started to get bad
>>
>>13978063
Not really. The climactic space battles are the best part of the series.
>>
File: kira-alive1.png (510 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
kira-alive1.png
510 KB, 640x480
>>13978014
I prefer this one.
>>
About ep 30 or so , when he gets the freedom.
>>
>>13978046
The meaning of his death would have been to cause cagalli and athruns character arcs to continue
Instead we have a pointless fight
>>
>>13977207
It turns to shit when freedom happens, but it's still watchable for the most part.

It's when Destiny happens that things truly get bad.
>>
>>13977447
>X is mediocre
Get out
>>
File: 1363767272688_zps6e46d8d8.jpg (66 KB, 704x480) Image search: [Google]
1363767272688_zps6e46d8d8.jpg
66 KB, 704x480
>>13980534

You Xfags are even more delusional and stupid than Crossbonefags. Hell, wouldn't be surprised if you were the same people.
>>
>>13977559
>"DON'T FUCKING WATCH THE NICHOL DEATH SCENE IN THE REMASTER"
But that was the best part, watching Piano Boy's poorly-thought-out decision become even dumber.
>>
>>13980534
The way cancellation was handled really fucked it up, desu.
>>
>>13978046
Actually they could have switched the main character to Assram with Cagalli helping him end the war that killed his friends. Way better than Freedom is gonna stop dis war and the pink haired mastermind.
>>
>>13977477
It's cute how you all try to shit on the seed remaster with this pic.

Protip: pick an inbetween shot from any anime ever-- it looks like shit.
>>
>>13980829
What if I pick the original shot shown in that exact same image?
>>
>>13980872
... then you still have a shitty inbetween shot that is in no way representative of the overall quality of the remaster?
>>
>>13977676
>it shits the bed during the last 10 episodes

How in the fuck can you manage to think that. The last 10 episodes were some of the best in the entire godamn show and it's always been that way! The finale for SEED was fucking powerful! I would consider the entirety of Destiny a total failure though. There are plenty of reasons why Destiny is bad, but to sum them all up neatly, the writing is fan-fic tier and retroactively ruins SEED, (a pretty good show).
>>
>>13977207
Once Kira meets Lacus and turns into a hypocrytic douche.

[spoilers]Preaching how he's not going to kill anyone anymore, then goes around murdering EVERYONE on the battlefield. Clearly blowing up battleships and even aiming for the cockpits of Mobile-suits.[/spoiler]
>>
>>13980906
he's just standing there talking, though. the only motion that would be an "in between" would be the eyes or lips moving.
>>
>>13977207
Not OP, but I just got around to episode 31
Now THAT is retarded. How the fuck did he get to the plant? Why? It's only been a few days, how'd he get up so fast?
It's a shame, because the rest of the episode is really solid. I liked that they spent a good amount of time grieving over the deaths of Kira and what's his name.
>>
>>13977207
Don't watch HD, just watch regular. HD is worse than regular.
>>
>>13977207
Seed is good and Destiny is a fun trainwreck
>>
>>13984192
>Now THAT is retarded. How the fuck did he get to the plant? Why? It's only been a few days, how'd he get up so fast?
It's explained in a manga side-story, which contradicts the story Kira is told.
>>
>>13984213
>it's explained in the manga side story
>a crucial detail is told in a side story
That's fucking gay
>>
File: 1446769825258.png (250 KB, 1420x1116) Image search: [Google]
1446769825258.png
250 KB, 1420x1116
>>13984228
Yup, but that's how Fukuda rolls.

Essentially, Lowe from the Astray manga found the Strike and cut opened the blast shield which saved Kira. The Red Frame then ran out of power, so Lowe carried Kira through a storm to the preacher's house. The preacher recognized Kira after Lacus mentioned him, and using his connections (he's trusted by both the EA and the PLANTS for some reason, so works as an envoy) brings him to Lacus.

Then, they tell Kira they found him lying in his prayer garden, omitting Lowe's involvement all-together. Also notice that in the flashback, Kira is shown lying in the dirt outside of Malchio's front step.

Seems fishy, especially when you remember during X Astray Prayer (another manga-only sidecharacter) stole ZAFT's N-Jammer Canceller-equipped Dreadnought Gundam to give to this motherfucker so he could give it to the EA and solve their energy crisis.
>>
File: 1357596696042.gif (979 KB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
1357596696042.gif
979 KB, 260x260
Personally, it's when Kira tells off Sai.
Then again, it could be him surviving the Aegis fight for reasons unknown to show only viewers.
Though I think it's really like episode 36 of Destiny.
Here's the truth at the end of the day for seed itself, the problem is with whole sections of the show. It's not when does it become shit. It's the accumulation of what happens in the show that makes it shit. There is a problem when people here honestly think the complete kill everyone nutjob was right. The whole world really is fucked, and nothing in either show fixes it.

>>13984291
I still think he knew that Tusk looked like Jesus Yamato, and just did that as a joke.

>>13977430
Original other wise you won't be able to complain about the Han shoots first moment.

>>13977640
>>13977727
he's right, even the original breast bounce looks better.
>>
>>13980590
Eh, not as much as Turn A fags, at least.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.