[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Fast Devil.jpg (29 KB, 276x400) Image search: [Google]
Fast Devil.jpg
29 KB, 276x400
Was it true that Amuro was supposed to be killed halfway through the show which forced the White Base to team up with Char?
>>
>>13976332
Does anyone have a red RX-78 gunpla?
>>
If you're talking about Casval's Gundam it's a Gihren's Greed plot line that develops if Zeon wins and Char is alive. He founds Neo-Zeon and takes in all the feddies he can get and Deikunist zeeks, builds a zeon-based RX-78 clone, and fights the principality.
>>
>>13976344
I know that but I heard that Tomino was originally going to kill Amuro and make Char the protagonist of 0079
>>
>>13976344

Said plotline was based on the original idea for the TV series that OP is referring to.
>>
>>13976348
>>13976332
Amuro died in the novel, albeit in the climax. Char remains a villain/antagonist throughout.
>>
>>13976332
yes 0079 was actually better by getting cancelled
>>
>>13976344
>builds a zeon-based RX-78 clone
Why would he do that post-OYW?

By the time the Dom is made, it nearly is an RX-78-2 in terms of generator output and what it can do. It can't leap and jump, but it moves fast as fuck.

By the time the Gelgoog is in production, it's actually somewhat superior to the pre-magnetic coating RX-78-2, and has waaaay more firepower due to the fact that its generator is actually STRONGER and can directly feed its own beam weaponry. It just has a fucking huge target silhouette and is less maneuverable, as well as not having Gundarium.

Coat a Gelgoog in Gundarium, and without pilots, on paper it actually is a better machine than the Gundam we know.
>>
Though I haven't read it, from my understanding, in the novelization Amuro is killed by a random Dom late in he story, and a small faction of Zeon soldiers led by Char and Kycillia sides with the Federation in order to stop Gihren. Of course, Char "I've never betrayed anyone in my life." Aznable kills Kycillia immediately after she kills Gihren.

And then Bright and Kai join Zeon because reasons.
>>
>>13976361
The Tri-Stars?
>>
That was from the original plotline for the TV show. IIRC:
- Challia Bull had a bigger plot importance, he was kinda like a newtype precursor or some shit;
- Cusko Al joins the White Base;
- Once the war is over, they realize the Federation are also the enemies, but Kai doesn't agree.

Cusko Al was eventually made into a character for the Gundam games/side-stories. She's a pinky-haired girl that pilots an Elmeth.

>>13976366
No, it was one of Char's wingmen. Amuro was flying in a straight line (trying to contact a ship or something), and he and Char reached an agreement before. However, before Char could relay this information to his wingmen, they shoot Amuro down.

There was a post from someone who read the whole novel, I'll look for it.
>>
>>13976360
That's what they DID. There's nearly no feddie tech in the RX-78CA.
>>
Here's a thread about the novel differences:
http://desustorage.org/m/thread/13320150/#13320384
>>
>>13976408
Thanks
>>
>>13976408
Damn Amuro's death is pathetic in the novel
>>
>>13976361
>>13976366
>>13976376
LEROY GILLIAM
>>
>>13976432
His Newtype ghost actually points that out.
>>
>>13976344
One day I'll get around to finally playing Gihren's Greed
>>
>>13976376
>She's a pinky-haired girl
That's not how you spell chestnut
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.