[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/m/, I've seen some bad toku in my days and most of them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: daimajin kanon ep 16.png (508 KB, 824x462) Image search: [Google]
daimajin kanon ep 16.png
508 KB, 824x462
/m/, I've seen some bad toku in my days and most of them I see mentioned here.

>Hibiki is called shit
>Kabuto is called shit
>Kiva is called shit
>Decade is called shit
>Wizard is called shit
>Boukenger is called shit
>Go-Onger is called shit
>Goseiger is called shit
>Every post-Kyoryuger sentai is called shit
>The Gavan movie is called shit
>Ultraman Ginga is called shit (I disagree with this one)
>Bio Planet WoO is called shit

But holy mother of fuck, I think I found the bottom of the barrel. A tokusatsu that is a josei drama in disguise in the same franchise as an old kaiju trilogy. I feel bad that Over Time had to sub this garbage, it is literally sappy soap opera drivel with occasionally ripping of Garo and failing miserably. Why was I never warned of this mess? Everything else mentioned above can at least be entertaining to some degree, here I think my brain melted trying to pay attention.
>>
>>13976327
Well the old films were basically period movies with the occasional scene of a stone giant smashing a model city so this wasn't that far from the original
>>
>>13976327
But anon, daimajin Kanon is said to be Hibiki done right.
>>
>>13976534
>Hibiki
Incidentally, its first half's writer also worked on Daimajin Kanon.
>>
>>13976327
>>Hibiki is called shit
Only the last 18 episodes get it right
>>
>>13976327
>>Ultraman Ginga is called shit (I disagree with this one)
This is the only one that's true anon.
>>
>>13976327
>Go-Onger is called shit
These just arent true, people here like those a lot.

>Every post-Kyoryuger sentai is called shit
Blame gokaifags

>The Gavan movie is called shit
Well, it is

>Ultraman Ginga is called shit (I disagree with this one)
Are you kidding?

Also, even the other ones, who people call shit arent held in the same regard, Goseiger is definitely seen in a better light than. say, Kiva.

As for Daimajin Kanon, tokusatsu implies it relies on special effects, so it being a josei drama on the story side of things is not inherently a bad thing.
>>
>>13976327
Hold the fucking phone, since when?
>>
>>13976534
The first two thirds or so of Hibiki are "done right" enough. It goes off the rails in the later part.
>>
>>13976327
>tokushit
>good
>tokushit
>/m/
heh
>>
>>13976327
This is some next level shitposting. Please just kill yourself OP.
>>
>>13976327
Gee OP what don't you consider shit then?
>>
>>13976999
I don't consider them shit, I just see those series particularly hated on /m/.
>>13976589
>Well, it is
I thought it was very entertaining.
>Are you kidding?
Nope.
>>
>>13976327
>Why was I never warned of this mess?

Probably because most of the other people that have seen Daimajin Kanon enjoyed it.
>>
>>13980968
Which is cool.
Who would thought the guy would got himself kicked from his position from Kadokawa Films to Kadokawa Publishing, and then Daiei Films to Daiei PR.
>>
File: 1453934533884.jpg (63 KB, 824x636) Image search: [Google]
1453934533884.jpg
63 KB, 824x636
>>13976756
>Still persisting after being BTFO so long ago
>>
>>13976327

Can't say a lot about the rest but I can break down the Riders.

>Hibiki

It starts off slow and is less about the toku action and more about Hibiki helping Asamu grow up. It does go to hell in the later parts but it's more about Hibiki suffering a moral plight and Asamu being his redemption and re-connection to his humanity. This can be seen as sappy but it was good at first.

>Kabuto

Eh Dark Kabuto was fun to watch because the main protag had times I wanted to slap him upside his head.

>Kiva

I disagree. Wataru does come off whiny at first but he actually grows as a character. I will admit that the past/present episodic switch did have me nervous on if the story would stay cohesive but it stays on track for the most part.

>Decade

No argument there. Hell Narutaki tells us that Decade has no story. I felt that Masahiro Inoue just looked bored all the time. I know some japanese actors look down on toku but I really didn't feel any energy from him. Plus most of the AR worlds were shit and most of it felt rushed. Funny thing is that Inoue went on to do Garo Goldstorm and he was bearable in that. Maybe Decade was bad for everyone.

>Wizard

Now this was slightly polarizing overall. Fourze had just ended and although I did not like the Fourze suit, I liked the driver and the overall story/acting. Wizard was the complete opposite. The suit is amazing for the premise and their ring motif was pretty cool. Some say the driver was cheesy with Shabadoobies and Yes Please but I actually liked that. The problem with Wizard was the acting. Similar to Decade, none of the characters felt memorable (except shunpei for all the wrong reasons) and the acting felt hollow.

>>13976550

I can see that, Josei is normally about feelings and nurturing someone with love. Hibiki gave off that vibe early on but got a little dissonant because it was still Kamen Rider in the end.
>>
>>13981360
>I felt that Masahiro Inoue just looked bored all the time. I know some japanese actors look down on toku but I really didn't feel any energy from him.
I thought he was a rider fanboy?
>>
>>13981368
He is, that's just how the character was written.
>>
>>13976756

Please. The people who like only toku, and the people who like both toku and mecha outnumber you pathetic mecha-only purists.
>>
>>13981405
>source: my ass
>>
>>13981360
Haven't seen anyone with this much shit taste in a while.
>Defending Kiva and Wizard
Fucking hell.
>>
>>13976756
inb4 ban
>>
>>13981405
>admitting tokushit isn't /m/
>>
>>13981360
>the acting felt hollow.
That was the director's fault. Movie Haruto is 10 times better. In Kamen Rider War, he even admitted that he was a huge faggot during his ordeal.
>>
No one ever says way Go-onger is "shit" aside from "NOT MUH MATURE SENTAI" and ignore the fact that Sosuke was actually a pretty badass Red.
>>
>>13983971
>No one ever says way Go-onger is "shit" aside from "

Yes. Yes they do. This is the same bullshit strawman argument people throw out when their favorite shows aren't universally loved.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.