[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy shit, I can't wait to never watch this series ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: eVMHdan4P2hbJSyokrfyMYjX4GE.jpg (140 KB, 780x439) Image search: [Google]
eVMHdan4P2hbJSyokrfyMYjX4GE.jpg
140 KB, 780x439
Holy shit, I can't wait to never watch this series ever again in my entire life.
>>
>>13975123
Then don't. How about you start the thread with some legitimate criticism instead of making Gundam Shitposting Central #294710?

Nice blog by the way.
>>
>>13975123
You'll never stand up to the victory and be a winner forever.
>>
I can't wait to never see your ugly ass face, OP.
>>
Hot opinion broski

next time post it in a real thread
>>
File: useless shrike.jpg (64 KB, 898x673) Image search: [Google]
useless shrike.jpg
64 KB, 898x673
Best shrike (and stupidest shrike).
>>
File: ng43.gif (391 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
ng43.gif
391 KB, 640x480
Do people actually like Victory? I never see it talked about, so I know nothing other than Tomino hates it.
>>
>>13976081
I've been trying to watch through it for roughly 11 years now. I have made it roughly two thirds through. It feels like they haven't even gotten to Namek yet.
>>
>>13976081
The Shokew was gone too fast.
>>
>>13976084
The last third is a fat lot of padding as Tomino ran out of stuff to tell.
>>
>>13976081
I love it. Tomino doesn't really hate it but it does represent his depression and was generally a bad time to remember, which is reflected in the work.
>>
>>13976081
I love Victory as well, though I'll admit it has story problems, but so does every other anime series in existence. Rewatching it with RX782's BDs have really made me appreciate things I didn't get the first time. It's one of the most underrated UC series and my favourite after the original and Turn A.
>>
I think late UC is interesting like around F91 and Crossbone but I fucking despise Victory and think it is one of, if not my least liked Gundam series.
>>
>>13976081

Tomino doesn't hate victory. This is by far one of the dumbest memes about tomino. Do you really think he hates one of his most well made and consistent series? He just wouldn't make it that way. People change a lot.
>>
I don't remember much about victory, but I do remember that Uso was absolutely based.
>>
>>13975207
WEINERS FOREVER
>>
>>13976364
He was very mad about making it and made intentionally spiteful decisions like the bike ships. Even if he stopped eventually he hated it at the time and a while after.
>>
>>13976488
Pretty much this. The story is very Tomino-esque, and it's certainly not bad by most critiques, but at that point he was suffering from depression and was tired of the toy executives pushing their bullshit down onto him. So he did a bunch of stuff to spite them (attempting to destroy Gundam as a franchise being one of them) while still telling his story as best he could.
>>
>>13976488
>tomino-niisan, we need more battleships!
>YOU WANT BATTLESHIP?
>TOO BAD
>HERE BIKE
>FUCK YOU
>>
>>13975123
>Holy shit, I can't wait to never watch this series ever again in my entire life.

Victory has 2 good things : Uso and Marbet.
>>
>>13975123
Best Gundam show ever Tomino nailed it.
>>
File: 1453716918086.jpg (98 KB, 480x472) Image search: [Google]
1453716918086.jpg
98 KB, 480x472
>>13976469
>>
>>13976081
Been trying to watch it for like a year now and I'm at episode 15
>>
Where is this meme from? It can't be from 4chan, because it's not entirely shit.
>>
>>13975123
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GYB1neCEic
>>
It's legitimately my favorite Gundam. It captures so many things that other gundams never do and even plays off of a lot of tropes in interesting ways.

The score is great and fits the melancholy mood of the series perfectly, and the representation of unpredictable loss in war is actually acknowledged throughout the whole series rather than just the last five episodes.
>>
>>13979227
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=phV2urHdSbo
>>
>>13976081
I love it. I don't get why people here have such a hard time slogging through it-- aside from the first five episodes or so, it's pretty easy to follow what's happening.
>>
>>13975123
>plot isn't revolving around some gay unachievable peace4all bullshit
>handles most situation in a relatively realistic manner while making some interesting innovation due to lack of resources of the Lega Militia
>very little reliance on NT magic until very late into the show
>likeable MC and /ss/
>fantastically-scripted fights, very little assets are reused outside of transformation scenes

I would watch it again if I am not clearing 100 shows from my backlog.
>>
File: 1328935265998.png (14 KB, 452x363) Image search: [Google]
1328935265998.png
14 KB, 452x363
>>13975123
crossbone retard spotted.

Why are you fags so obvious?
>>
File: 1326265466011.jpg (48 KB, 350x466) Image search: [Google]
1326265466011.jpg
48 KB, 350x466
>>13976321
>crossbone
>>
>>13977086
That scene was fucking fantastic and I just wish all of Victory was more like it with less THIS WAS MY MOTHER.
>>
Holy shit! I can't wait to never reply to this thread again!
>>
>>13975207

Well, he stopped and can't carry on either
>>
>>13976488
The bike ships are definitely not his idea. Maybe Nagano Mamoru or some other designer's, but not his. Also, BESPA is the stupidest acronym...
>>
>>13976512

> attempting to destroy Gundam

Are we ever going to get a source for this shit? Yea, it has motorbike ships, but the original had a burrito on stilts as a legit threat (the Big Zam) along with the Acguy and Zakrello - so let's not pretend that proves shit.
>>
Holy series, I can't wait to shit.
>>
>>13975123
I think it has the best direction (Tomino at his finnest) of episodes, but the overall plot got confused with the shitty newtype powers of Shakti and the objectives of the Zanscare.

I recommend you to watch again the best episodes separately, they are in the best of Gundam history.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.