[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he right /m/? http://www.therobotsvoice.com/2009/ 12/8_r
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Robotech_image.jpg (108 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
Robotech_image.jpg
108 KB, 500x750
Is he right /m/?

http://www.therobotsvoice.com/2009/12/8_reasons_why_robotech_is_better_than_macross.php

I don't even think RobotechX can laugh at this
>>
Without clicking I'm going to try and guess the reasons.

1. "English is easier for us to understand"
2. "By surgically grafting three stories together you create a superior generational epic!"
3. "Macross's sequels are dumb and gay and have too many pop idols"
4. "Robotech sounds cooler as a name"
5. "Narration is better for retarded people"
6. "Robotech novels"
7. "Robotech: Battlecry"
8. "We're getting a movie! We'll be the new Transformers franchise!"

How close am I?
>>
>>13975011

Only a little wrong (the article, for example, cites Ray Fokker being a superior name to Ray Focker as a major reason).

The article is literally tagged "Nerd baiting" though so it's obviously framed as a troll article.
>>
>>13975011
Pretty close, actually. Throw in a couple points about the representation of women, and you would've nailed it.
>>
>>13975023
>>13975015

Damn, I was so close!
>>
It will never not be funny how rustled Macross fags are

how many of you faggots where even alive at the time?
>>
>>13975065

Anon there are like 5 people in this thread, none particularly rustled (yet)

Wait for a better sample size
>>
>>13974964
>he thinks the Macross Plus arcade game is boring
What a joyless twat.

The single reason Macross is better than Robotech is because, like all 80s US mecha adaptions, they replaced the cool op with a boring instrumental.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAUwdwGOh7E
>>
>>13975089
JUST A PILE OF RUST IS ALL THEY FOUND ON THAT ILSE. THAT NO ONE SUSPECTED TO SEE.

10 YEARS LATER SUPER FORTRESS MACROSS WOULD RISE. GUARDIAN OF YOU AND OF ME!!!!

http://youtu.be/YrcqJ-IHU5Q
>>
>>13975096
Cool, I've never heard that before. Pretty goofy, but not too bad, really.
>>
>>13975112
Yeah it's only really bad when they play it over thhe Macross end credits. So you've got this upbeat opening playing while someone flips through the Minmay album.
>>
>We still find their original relationship more plausible in Robotech than in Macross, though. Why? Because Max is voiced by Cam Clarke, the distinctively talented voice actor behind Leonardo of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Liquid Snake in the Metal Gear Solid series, and about a billion other roles in cartoons and video games

>This is the only reason
>It's solely because of a voice actor

I'm like 60% sure this entire article is clickbait and trolling
>>
>>13975096
I love the Macros saga. When he did all that shit with one keystroke it was some amazing Batman level prep work.
>>
This article is over six years old. And the website is defunct. Why is this a thread-worthy topic?
>>
>>13975399
This thread is bait obviously
>>
>>13975096
They could have done away with the annoying SFX. This was also suppose to be the original OP for the US release of Macross before Macek had to fuse the 3 mecha series to meet syndication standards to air it. I remember Macross was aired on my local channel with this song. It was badly dubbed in English but still watched it unedited.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.