[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kampfer Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: Ms-18e-4967263097_392c6fe316_b.jpg (223 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Ms-18e-4967263097_392c6fe316_b.jpg
223 KB, 1024x576
Hey, which was supposed to be a higher-performance machine, the kampfer or bernie's late-production zaku ii?

Are there any kampfer'y ms designs besides that red one from stardust memory?

Also, does the kampfer look kinda like one of those meltran power armors from macross to anyone else, or am I crazy?

Kampfer.
>>
>>13973993

That image from 080?
>>
>>13974000
It's about 0080, but I think it was in a magazine or something, not the actual show.
>>
>>13974000
>>13974025
Step aside plebs
you dont know shit
>>
File: queadluun-rau.gif (109 KB, 572x850) Image search: [Google]
queadluun-rau.gif
109 KB, 572x850
>>13973993
>Also, does the kampfer look kinda like one of those meltran power armors from macross to anyone else, or am I crazy?
Eh, maybe.
>>
The kampfer was about a million times stronger than the zaku
It only has similar shoulders, and the meltran armour lacks the iconic chest of the kampfer
>>
File: msa120.jpg (151 KB, 463x640) Image search: [Google]
msa120.jpg
151 KB, 463x640
the ATMOS is the mobile suit that looks like a zentran/meltran power armor
>>
Kampfer was perfect for what its mission was. It's fast but it's a glass cannon, I wouldn't trust that thing in a ranged engagement. Zaku II Kai is all around a more balanced suit.
>>
>>13977882
>I wouldn't trust that thing in a ranged engagement.
it had bazookas, rockets, and so much ranged weaponry to work with it could outfight most enemies. ecole du ciel gave it a (beam?) machine gun that let it handle more conventional firefights and shootouts

all of the enemies it took out inside the libot colony were ranged kills, by the way, it lost when it tried to get up close and didn't have strong enough armor to shrug off the gatlings so it could close in and at least land a beam sabre blow
>>
Kampher was all weapons and thrusters.
>>
>>13977909
So much? It has 2 panzerfausts, two bazookas (you can only realistically use one realistically at a time), the shotgun and chain mines. That's literally it. I'd take a Zaku MG or any beam rifle over that entire loadout in any reasonable ranged engagement.
>>
Should have sent a Gelgoog Marine Commander.
>>
>>13977882
>It's fast but it's a glass cannon
I never understood bothering with this. The Kampfer is fast, but during the OYW, it was never fitted for open space (it was afterwards, if Ecolue du Ciel and CDA count) and was a terrestrial/walking mobile suit (compared to a Rick Dom).

Thus, it's never going to be THAT fast. Maneuverable, yes, but not fast OR heavily armored enough to truly make its cut-down armor rating worth it should it go in hard and close and run away (as its doctrine was supposed to be).

I mean, a normal Dom is still far faster on land and would probably do everything a Kampfer can do in combat (logistically, the Kampfer was supposed to be a lot easier had Zeon not lost the war and its parts were still in production) with a proper generator upgrade.
>>
>>13974025
it is from the show.
>>
>>13978042
I didn't know Kampys were mass produced... when I watched 0080, I thought Kampher was literally supposed to be a field suit that could be dismantled and put together by a local repair team, rather than being built in a factory with heavy machinery.

bare-bones/modular by design.
>>
>>13978096
They were (extremely) limited production. Ostensibly, had the war not gone badly for Zeon, they could have made more.

It was only issued out for Zeon black-ops secret squirrel shit.

In terms of its production, it was akin to the, say, Gelgoog Jager or Zaku II Kai in the same series. Both of them never had very large production runs, and nearly disappear after the OYW since they were such late designs.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (450 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
450 KB, 720x960
>>13978042
What makes you say the Cyclops team's Kampfer wasn't able to operate in space? The suit has larger verniers all over the body that can turn and point in different directions for space mobility.

The Cyclops team also set timed explosives to breach a hole in the colony according to a set schedule. The hole appeared not long after the Kampfer had its fight with the Alex. Seems like they were planning to escape into space through the hole after taking out the Gundam.

>Thus, it's never going to be THAT fast. Maneuverable, yes, but not fast OR heavily armored enough to truly make its cut-down armor rating worth it should it go in hard and close and run away (as its doctrine was supposed to be).
What in the hell are you talking about? It was shown -flying- and not hovering down the streets of Libot colony. It was going fast enough and with enough thrust to keep itself off the ground without the need for dedicated hovering jets or thrusters. Specs give it an absurd amount of acceleration thanks to a high thrust-to-weight ratio.

Besides, the point of a hit-and-run tactic is NOT to get hit. In what world does a hit-and-run tactic involve heavy armor and needing to stand still and endure incoming fire?

>I mean, a normal Dom is still far faster on land
It's an in between. The Kampfer is faster than a Rick Dom II but slower than a Dom.

>would probably do everything a Kampfer can do in combat
It can't carry as many weapons.
>>
>>13973993
>Hey, which was supposed to be a higher-performance machine, the kampfer or bernie's late-production zaku ii?

The Kampfer. Only reason the pilot died was because he was drunk off his ass and got caught off guard with the wrist turrets.
>>
>>13978042
>The kampfer is a walking/terrestrial mobile suit
Did you miss the part where it hovered/flew down the main street of the colony at extreme speed

>>13978004
It can use two bazookas at a time anon
Two bazookas is a huge amount of firepower not even counting the shotgun, panzerfausts and chain mines
Remember the gundam's final loadout for the long battle of A Baoa Qu was two bazookas and a beam rifle, and it fought for hours on end
>>
>>13978004
It uses the Universal Standard you dolt. That means it can pick up a Zaku Machine Gun, a Dom's MMP-80 or maybe even a Gelgoog Beam Rifle and use that. Hell, it can even use federation solid shell weapons like the Ground Gundam's 180mm cannon or the GM's 90mm Bullpup Machine gun. Just because those were the weapons the Cyclops team chose to use doesn't mean those are the only weapons it can use. And you saw, it can use Heat Hawks and Grenades. It could also use Heat Rods and Heat Swords. There was probably a Gouf Custom Minigun Shield in that other trailer before it got repo'd by the Freds.
>>
>>13978498
are you talking about the thing mentioned in unicorn? that didn't exist in 0079 yet

anaheim came up with universal standard because they held a monopoly on private arms sales and ended up building weapons for both the federation and zeon groups. anaheim didn't exist as a weapons manufacturer until after the OYW when they absorbed zeonic and perhaps some of the other side 3 weapons manufacturing businesses
>>
>>13978548
He's talking about the united maintenance plan which was a zimmad project to standardise all zeon equipment anon
>>
>>13978754
No, the united maintenance plan was about streamlining MS parts and production, as well as cockpit controls and design. Of course, weapons design was also streamlined and both Doms and Zakus carried same/similar 90mm machine guns, but mobile suits could already carry other suits' weapons. As far as I know, mobile suit shell firing weapons don't require external power and are just upscaled infantry weapons or something silly like that. If it has a hand grip and trigger, anything can pick it up and use it.

>>13978498 mentioned Federation weapons as well, though. He's probably referring to the "universal standard" that was mentioned in episode 4 of Unicorn that allows both sides to use each other's weapons.
>>
>>13978774
Still, the statement that Kampfers suck cause they can ONLY use Bazookas, Sturmfausts, shotguns and chainmines is debunked. The only thing we don't know is if it can use beam weapons.
>>
>>13978774
The united maintenance plan was what would have allowed the Kampfer to use any zeon weapons anon, computers and stuff were involved in calculating how the gun would fire and making beam guns work
A gm could fire a zaku gun but the computer wouldnt be able to tell it where to aim
>>
>>13978774
the universal standardization of probably didn't happen until the end of the OYW when Anaheim bought out Zimmand and Zeonic MS companies and then updated everything to use universal standards to maximize potential profits
>>
>>13978042
> a normal Dom is still far faster on land and would probably do everything a Kampfer can do in combat
Dom was a heavy ass MS to begin with. the heavy come from the bulky armor itself compared to Kampfer.
those extra loads to Dom comparison could be useful for Kampfer to equip more vernier & more fuels to move around, like the fist of north star.

secondly, the heavy, bulky armor of Dom increased it's own inertia. without many vernier as Kampfer, it was hard to maneuver unless the pilot was good in manipulating the MS inertia by themselves.
Kampfer was designed compact, light & minimal armor. although some additional weight could be for verniers & fuels on kampfer, those future can improve the MS inertia control better.

about payloads, Dom + armament could be more heavier than Kampfer + armament, or vise versa (depends on situation). but bear in mind that Kampfer equipped with lot's of disposable weapons & reduce more payloads after discard those empty weapon, where it have done destroy or disabled targets.
by that time, Kampfer could move more faster as those empty weapon served as dead weight & need to be discarded. kampfer tactics was more to 'bang for bulks'.
you could use Dom with beam weaponry to reduce payloads & increase firepower, but it could blow a hole on colony & possible whole colony destruction. since doctrine (hit & run, avoid suspicion, etc.), environment & zeon issues kicks in (resources, etc.), Dom deployment was a no.
unless you gone full commander killing, you should use that tactics.

about the logistics, Kampfer was much more superior as it assemble & disassemble easily, as the armor was in minimal for hit & run; or even spec ops purpose. the less bulky armor of kampfer reduced storage issues, compared to Dom.

Dom probably do more task compared to Kampfer if to say bluntly but still, environment & task still not feasible. & needless to say, Dom was much more better deployed when public, open war happens.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.