[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it ever explained or mentioned where Amuro and the RX-78 is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
Is it ever explained or mentioned where Amuro and the RX-78 is in the Thunderbolt manga?
>>
>>13973124
Amuro doesn't exist
>>
so does that mean its another continuity? I'm unfamilar with thunderbolt as well though I do want to get some of the kits
>>
>>13973133
Is a AU Gundam with UC Paint coating
>>
>>13973133
>so does that mean its another continuity?
Pretty much. It doesn't really matter, you could make the same case for every other UC OVA, since they all pretty much don't fit into the continuity
>>
>>13973133
If I understand this correctly, the manga Thunderbolt is an AU, while the OVA Thunderbolt is canon with them making changes to fit UC.
>>
>>13973133
Thunderbolt is set during the One Year War, but the period of time it could happen in is very small.
When we see the flashback of Side 4 being destroyed, there aren't any Mobile Suits in the EFF's side, so this means it was before September (Project V was completed in September). However, since they show the Full Armor Gundam in the present time, this means it's set between October and December (end of the One Year War).
>>
>>13973160
>with them making changes to fit UC.
Granted, we've only had 2 episodes so far and neither have had much in the way of content that would conflict with UC (apart from another advanced Gundam). I haven't read the manga either, so I'd be interested in hearing about if they changed things for it
>>
File: opage156-157.jpg (427 KB, 1694x1200) Image search: [Google]
opage156-157.jpg
427 KB, 1694x1200
>>13973168
Well the scraggly-haired amputee Sean died whereas in the manga he lives and works on Earth with a small scavenger group. In the manga as well, a flashback retconned the Zakus during the colony drop to have the big backpacks.
>>
>>13973166
I was under the impression that the full armor gundam was destroyed by amuro with super napalm as well as rx 3
>>
>>13973195
What I meant is that, since they show us the Full Armor Gundam (not the same as Amuro's) this is a few weeks/months after the Gundam was completed, since the FA Gundam can't come before the Gundam itself.
>>
>>13973192
Is that one of Dancougar's pieces?
>>
>>13973125
Then why does the Zabi family exist? Having them exist would by extension, require Char and his family to exist. And if Char exists, then Amuro has to exist. Otherwise why would they believe a bunch of teenagers could possibly pilot giant robots? Io isn't a teenager.
>>
>>13973124
It is just one of the many mass produced FA-78 prototypes. Don't think too much about it.
>>
>>13973229
>why would they believe a bunch of teenagers could possibly pilot giant robots?
What annoys me is that people ignore the fact that Amuro pretty much stole the Gundam in the first place and there were several attempts by Bright and others to have him removed as the pilot. The only reason they kept him on it was because
1) There were almost literally no pilots or soldiers available at the time because they were all killed

2) He was a great pilot eventually and his skills were indispensable.

It's a fun meme and all that but it makes complete sense in the context of 0079.
>>
>>13973166
I thought Thunderbolt was set AFTER the OYW, but in an alternate timeline where the OYW didn't end.
>>
>>13973271
You realize those kids were all volunteers right? So tell me, if you didn't have Amuro as your role model, and nobody else was a fucking hero in the Federation until Io apparently became one literally like a week before the kids transfer, how the fuck did those Feds convince a bunch of 14 year olds to under go training a couple of months ago in the first place?
>>
>>13973312
Sorry, I'm a bit lost here, Anon. Who and What are you talking about in this case?
>>
>>13973325
Not the same name, but, in one part of Thunderbolt manga, that will be in the next episode, the Brotherhood receive an entire contingent made of teenagers volunteers. They are all said to be influenced to enlist by the deeds of the young crew of the White Base.
>>
>>13973325
I assume your post was directed at my quote, so I gave you the reason why those teenagers are a basis on why Amuro exists in Thunderbolt. The Gundam was already fucking famous by the time Io got his, so somebody had to be a hotshot with it. Why would they retcon the whole damn thing with Amuro when the Zabi family were still there?
>>
>>13973433
Oh, I haven't read the manga so I didn't know what he was talking about.
In my defense he didn't make it clear enough that he was talking about the manga.
>>
>>13973438
>those teenagers
Yeah, this >>13973444
I didn't know who you were referring to by "them", "they" and "those kids".

I assumed you were sarcastically making a dig at how unbelievable the teen protags in early UC series were, like lots of people often do. My bad, in all honesty.
>>
>>13973468
Huh, I didn't even think about that interpretation until you mentioned it. I should have worded it better.

Besides Io is clearly young Yazan, he's even the first guy in the series to grab another man's balls while talking shit to them about how big of a pussy they are.
>>
>>13973124
Both in anime and manga, the zeek recognize the face of Gundam the first time they saw it.
So Gundam is already the feared white devil at the time.
>>
File: page070.jpg (380 KB, 800x1135) Image search: [Google]
page070.jpg
380 KB, 800x1135
>>13973192
There's a chance Sean lived in the anime too if we go by the rule of 'they're only dead if you see the body'. Everyone thought he was killed in the manga too before that one shot happened.

Also to anyone asking questions, don't listen to the retards, Thunderbolt starts as a side story that creates its own continuity. It's logical that Amuro, Char and the rest exist in the Thunderbolt timeline, but they aren't mentioned or focused on for obvious reasons. Similar to why you don't hear about Amuro is 08th MS Team. Also you have to remember the war's conclusion was only a few weeks out so the Gundam's infamy was already wide spread. (See the Living Dead Division's pilot's reaction to seeing the FAG or the Moore Brotherhood children pilots all fawning over the Gundam when they first notice it. At this point, the only major changes in the thunderbolt timeline are the mobile suit/ship designs and that half of Zeon's forces refused to surrender after the war's conclusion. If Thunderbolt's designs remained consistent with the other series, you could argue that Thunderbolt was filling in the immediate post war gap until 0083.
>>
>>13973444
read the manga, i feel it's alot better story/structure wise when it's doing its own thing instead of trying to retcon itself into canon UC.
>>
>>13973124
>>13973133
Amuro is never directly mentioned, but his influence in the universe is pretty clear. Zeon is already aware of the Gundam's fierce reputation and the Federation has tried to recreate Amuro's success by putting a bunch of Junior High aged kids through an expedited mobile suit training program in the hopes that one of them will be a Newtype like him. Char's Zaku makes a cameo
>>
File: page050-051.jpg (1 MB, 1694x1200) Image search: [Google]
page050-051.jpg
1 MB, 1694x1200
>>13973301
That's just some bullshit spread on /m/ after someone saw an mass production factory of Zeongs. It turned about they were just the last few Zeong prototypes left on A Bao A Qu. Note that Zeong # 01 is missing because that's the one that Char took
>>
>>13974253
Where on the line are legs installed?
>>
>>13974275
Char's was the most complete one
>>
>>13974247
>Char's Zaku cameo
Cameo how? And how do we know it's Char's Zaku and not Johnny Ridden or some other smuck with access to red paint?
>>
File: page158.jpg (397 KB, 847x1200) Image search: [Google]
page158.jpg
397 KB, 847x1200
>>13974364
Because it's a recreation of a scene from 0079
>>
>>13974218
Yeah, I think I will when the ONAs are finished. Have they been licensed by any official companies? If not I'll read the scanlations, but I'm the kind of autist that prefers something solid in his hands.
>>
>>13974481
But Char wasn't part of the operation. And why would they need that bulky shit outside of the shoal zone?
>>
>>13974639
Because it's an AU.
>>
>>13974719
more like because it's thunderbolt and everything in thunderbolt is packed
>>
>>13973124
Off somewhere else doing their own thing

Everyone saying they don't exist are wrong as they get mentioned in the manga as what inspired all those kids to go out and get slaughtered
>>
>>13974639
>Char wasn't part of the operation
He was in Igloo
>>
>>13975920
>He was in Igloo
That was the Battle of Loum, that came after Op. British.
>>
>>13974551
Not in the US, but supposedly there is an English language version being sold in parts of Asia.

Not sure how the translation in that one measures up to the scans though.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.