[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Iron Blooded Orphans Sells More than G-Reco
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: hmm.jpg (45 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
45 KB, 640x480
Seasonal sales
http://www.someanithing.com/4192
Iron Blooded Orphans: 12,313

http://www.someanithing.com/2676
G-Reco: 10,536

G-reco fans on suicide watch
>>
>>13973028
>inb4 event tickets or some shit
>>
>>13973028
Tomino shows have always had poor reception and sales since the 70s. His stuff seems to just appeal to his niche fanbase initially and then possibly become more widely appreciated down the line.
>>
>>13973028
Does it matter both are shit. No use comparing trash with trash
>>
>>13973028
The show Bandai goes all out to support does better? The show that not airing alongside a Build Fighters show? Shocking.

Seriously though, it's not that big of a difference considering the circumstances. Feels like IBO's numbers should be much higher than G-Reco's considering the push to make it the next big thing.
>>
>>13973028
Who cares. Sales threads are for morons.

You should always wait for the series to be over first anyway. Besides, didn't IBO have half-off on the first volume?
>>
>>13973173
That is some incredibly passive aggressive way of saying "If I'm wrong it doesn't matter, oh by the way you're wrong."
>>
>>13973220
No, going "hurr durr my show sold better than yours in the incredibly small otaku market" like that is indicative of the quality at all is stupid.

And numbers are somewhat unreliable to a certain point until the show has finished airing and pretty much everybody who was going to buy it has bought it. I would be surprised if IBO didn't outsell G-Reco.

Also the half-off thing was a genuine question because people have mentioned it before.
>>
>>13973263
>Also the half-off thing was a genuine question because people have mentioned it before.

Yeah. IBO Vol 1 was sold at half price along with a promo code to play as Barbatos in the newest Vs. game. Afterwards, IBO saw a nearly 3k drop in sales, putting it only a few hundred ahead of G-Reco's instead of a few thousand. It's not as bad as Ange's drop and is still selling well. Not as good as SEED or 00, but it's a slight improvement over G-Reco and BF and a major one over AGE and Try.

But in the end, it's all about the Gunpla sales.
>>
>>13973317
>Afterwards, IBO saw a nearly 3k drop in sales
Wow
>>
>>13973028
Thing is, those numbers are fairly comparable.

Except one show was in a light night slot with a barebones level of merchandise.

The other was in a prime spot and being angled to be the next big Gundam cashcow.

Taken in context, this is more of a bad reflection on IBO than it is on G-Reco.
>>
>>13973367
OP's site lists IBO's volume 1 sales at 12,175, and Volume 2 at 9,293. That puts the drop at 2882, or a 24.67% drop (they use drops of 30% as big drops). It's noticeable, but not what they would call big.

OP also doesn't mention that's not the average, just what the Vol 1s sold in 3 months.
>>
>>13973399
People keep telling me IBO is doing fine with it's sales and ratings, but they're comparing it to shows that are either a major flop (AGE) or shows that Banrise didn't have full faith in (BF, Try, G-Reco).

Are we even seeing tweets about how well the models are selling? I remember Gunota saying sales have dropped, and didn't Banrise brag about the success of BF?
>>
>>13973317
Are we measuring IBO and G-Reco in Fractale sales units? Or did they at least do better than that to not need it (a rough estimate being >20 Fractales).
>>
>>13973028
If SEED and SEED Destiny Sale numbers are something to go by,why would IBO number would even do dent to my psyche in 1st place?
>>
>>13973424
Nothing from IBO was in the top 10 for January hobby sales. The Gundam stuff in the top 10 were

RG Wing Gundam EW at number 4
MG V2 at number 7
RD Strike Noir at number 9
PG Banshee at 10
>>
File: 1428242113870.png (836 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1428242113870.png
836 KB, 960x720
>Caring what seedfags thinks.
>>
I hope Tomino stays retired this time.
>>
That's nice to hear, I'm enjoying IBO and I'm glad the creators are seeing it have some success. "My show" vs "Your show" fanbase wars are stupid, though. This is only slightly mitigated by the "zOMG IBO is flopping" threads but not enough to excuse it. I didn't even like Reco, but "this show is selling better than THAT show" is a troll sandwich. If people are enjoying the show and it's doing okay in sales and ratings that should be enough, there's nothing to be gained from pitting one show against another except endless threads of
>NUMBERS
>implying those numbers matter
>but NUMBERS
>that's not even what's important
>BUT NUMBERS!
>different numbers that I claim are more relevant
>FUCK YOUR SOURCE
>fuck YOUR source
>FUCK YOU
>no Fuck YOU.
>>
>>13973998
>If people are enjoying the show and it's doing okay in sales and ratings
IBO is a ratings bomb.
>>
File: 1456978993428.jpg (16 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1456978993428.jpg
16 KB, 640x480
>>13973028
>First volume of IBO was half off and came with a promo code
>First volume of G-Reco was full priced and the actual sales are still unaccounted for
>Despite Bandai's push its only a 2k difference and its averaging less every volume

Yeah...suicide watch.
>>
>>13973905
that's some sort of level of bullshit

Barbatos HG 1/144 has been top 5 featured kits on Amazon JP since October with various other IBO kits in the top 20. MG V2 has bombed hard.
>>
>>13974079
>>Despite Bandai's push its only a 2k difference and its averaging less every volume

That's the thing. People just look at the numbers and say "oh, this is more successful than that." But there's more to it. I've heard people say that IBO's ratings are slightly better than AGE's (no, no they are not), or how G-Reco was a huge ratings bomb (unaware that it aired in the middle of the night) to defend IBO. Then you get guys who go "everyone is streaming it," disregarding that it's airing in a very accessible timeslot where ratings matter, the show after it shows markedly better ratings, the show it replaced absolutely curbstomps it. and how severe the decline has been.

Hell, considering what Sentai ratings are like, Unicorn may see some decent ratings because it's the lead it.
>>
>>13973220
the point is that unicorn may have sold a huge ton, but it's still a piece of shit because the sales happened in japan, and asians have shit taste in general.
>>
>>13975751
>but it's still a piece of shit because the sales happened in japan, and asians have shit taste in general.
>all this insecurity

I'm sure the West has great taste, with classics such as Gundam Wing and SEED being the most popular.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.