[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys which Gundam game on PS2 isn't shit? Every single of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 28
Guys which Gundam game on PS2 isn't shit? Every single of them has average scores
>>
Not fucking that one.

both VS titles
Encounters in Space
the Musou games if you're into that
Gihren's Greed
Zeonic Front
>>
Don't you understand? Most of bandai's games are license-cash-grab games. It's like those movie-tie-in games.
>>
>>13972431
Ghost in the Shell for PS2 turned out to be surprisingly good
>>
>>13972417
Encounters in Space (sort of...it's still a shitty arcade-style Gundam game, a la Federation Vs. Zeon and Gundam Vs. Zeta Gundam).

Zeonic Front is the only one that stands out, if only because it drastically tones down "game" gundam and pulls it back into the realm of real robots, while adding a good cast (albeit too many characters and too thin of characterization for most of them) and pretty alright tactical gameplay.

None of them are what anyone would call "good," but ZF at least is memorable and makes you legitimately work and play to have fun, whereas the other arcade-style games are just waggling the joysticks and learning mook movement patters so you can hit them over and over and over.

If you know Japanese, Gihren's Greed is actually a good strategy game in its own right, albeit sort of thin on graphics. Think of it like Civilization, Gundam Edition.
>"plot" points are sort of thin though, and more or less easily avoided because there's very few upsides to being an incompetent douchebag Zeon like in MSG 0079 Gundam
>>
>>13972445
But Encounters in Space is fantastic and VS gameplay is still pretty great.
>>
>>13972445
Encounters in Space is more like Zone of the Enders. It's a rail-ish shooter that occasionally lets you have some free flight in an area.
>>
>>13972417
It'd be nice if Sony would stop procrastinating and add the PS2 Gundam games on their PS2 on PS4 shit.
>>
>>13972599
Pretty sure that would mainly be Bandai's responsibility.
>>
File: 925996_62140_front.jpg (83 KB, 640x906) Image search: [Google]
925996_62140_front.jpg
83 KB, 640x906
how come no one talks about one year war for the ps2 it was basicly the full 0079 experience
>>
>>13972417
Journey to Jaburo
Encounters in Space
Zeonic Front
Dynasty Warriors Gundam

>Gundam Seed: Never Ending Tomorrow
Found this in a bargain bin in 2008. The gameplay is similar to A.C.E. series and suit selection covers Seed and Astray and includes a 5-minute Astray anime. Unfortunately the game suffers from a textbook case of localization.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWhnzzhhTkg
>>
>>13972445
>Encounters in space
>Vs gams
>bad
Just stop.
>>
>>13973076
You're an idiot if you don't think the Vs games AREN'T bad. No matter how much I love Gundam, I won't ever imply they're anything even reaching for "good."
They make Dynasty Warriors look like the pinnacle of the hack'n'slash gaming.
>get MS
>hunt down continually hopping AI enemies
>learn movement pattern
>shoot when after their dodge, hit them
>failing that or waiting to reload, just run after their slippery asses and slash them
>FOR EVERY LEVEL
They're horrendous after you get a third of the way through each, GvZeta especially.
>>
>>13972417
the fuck are you talking about? most of the ps2 gundam games are pretty fucking good. bet most of those reviews came from ppl who don't know gundam.
>>
>>13973790
GundamVs IS an arcade fighting game. It can only has so much variety.
>>
>>13972417
If you want a good Gundam game from that era of gaming you are looking at the GCN releases. (Which amounts to only like...2 games)

Almost every PS2 Gundam game was terrible or mediocre at best and it's mostly nostalgia that says otherwise because there wasn't much selection.
>>
File: IMAG0391.jpg (3 MB, 4224x2368) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0391.jpg
3 MB, 4224x2368
Was only able to find 4 PS2 games in Japan, but One Year War was actually entertaining and playable. I really want to replay it already now actually and S rank the missions.

Journey to Jaburo was not very fun with that camera

I enjoyed playing with my friend on the Gundam vs Zeta game, playing as Guncannon and Byarlant felt hype. Was nice to see how the VS series evolved.

I really want to play federation vs zeon for the AI SENSHI jaburo attack levels.
>>
>>13972417
Gundam Battle Assault 2 is playable on the PS2.
>>
>>13972417
>average scores
The only truly atrocious game is Journey to Jaburo. The rest are either good (Encounters in Space, One Year War) to passable (Federation vs Zeon) to annoying (UC Climax).

Just search YT for videos of the games.
>>
>>13972635
Japanese-only.
>>
>>13972677
Neverending Tomorrow would have been a decent fanservice game if it included ANY music from the anime. You get to play through every battle scene but with shitty generic placeholder music. That would be like playing SRW without the anime themes.
>>
>>13972436
so mad i let my nephew borrow it and it never returned it was like its own movie the gameplay was a bit clunky at times but it was still fun as hell.

> when first playing and the snipers literally kick your ass until you get a feel for the controls
>>
File: 4-0-4041.jpg (90 KB, 939x1013) Image search: [Google]
4-0-4041.jpg
90 KB, 939x1013
>>13975651

Man I was just emulating this the other day. It holds up pretty well other than the balance between the fighters is pretty bad. Like some suits are just grossly lacking tools they need. Still, it's really fun to play as Zaku 2 and win with the disadvantage.

I remember I had a fight against God Gundam using Master Gundam and we both had a sliver of health barely dodging and blocking attacks until eventually the ai got me. I wasn't oo mad though it was pretty awesome.

Also, anyone who plays do you think GP-02 is a lot of fun? Most people I know think he's slow/boring to play but learning to use it he's got major area coverage with most of his attacks. I do wish his beam sabre wasn't so slow but it's not totally useless.
>>
>>13972619
Pretty much true. I wasn't really thinking about that.
>>
I rather liked Encounters in Space and Gundam vs. Zeta Gundam.

Journey to Jaburo suffers badly from being an early ps2 game. If it had come out a year or so later it could have been a FAR better game.
>>
>>13972635
I've been trying to find a ROM of this for awhile. I don't know why I can't seem to find it
>>
I always found Gundam Vs Zeta to be the game I spent the most time with.

It's story mode with all it's alternate routes was really fun to see how things go without trying, and then having to try to get things "right".

However, in comparison to more recent games, it is very... sluggish. But that is mostly because it is based on OYW and Zeta suits, and tries to keep them grounded as they can. Though if I am just playing a quick vs match, I throw infinite boost gauge on. Makes it much more fun.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (45 KB, 589x268) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
45 KB, 589x268
>>13977475
I can upload it on mega for you if you want
>>
>>13972431
At the same time, asking non-gundam fans to judge gundam games is pointless, hence the low review scores. Same for any mech game. YOU FAGS WANT TO PILOT ROBOTS DONT YOU
>>
>>13977585

Not the same guy but I would love that.

Also, doe sit run alright in an emulator? Like spec requirements aside are there any big issues?
>>
>>13977632
I dunno, as you can see from the "date modified" I got it 9 years ago. Back then PCSX2 wasn't great and I had a Pentium 4 PC that was utter shit. I haven't given it a try recently.

Give me a couple of minutes and I'll download PCSX2.
>>
>>13977632
It runs fine.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (41 KB, 1908x221) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
41 KB, 1908x221
>>13977632
To give you an idea of how quickly/slowly it's going..

it's gonna be a couple of hours.
>>
>>13977753

It's fine. I probably wont be able to play it at least until tomorrow night anyway.
>>
>>13977632
With a lot of PS2 games being emulated, there runs a certain nonzero chance of it overheating your computer. I myself don't know what the threshold is, but it's possible.
>>
>>13972569
That's actually a very good comparison.

I miss EiS... wish I never traded it in. Getting S-rank on that goddamn level with Luce was hard as fuck
>>
No one's mentioned Lost War Chronicles?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc-8qVkvIAo
>>
File: DS.png (16 KB, 512x448) Image search: [Google]
DS.png
16 KB, 512x448
https://youtu.be/-gj4MgkGfM0?t=6s

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.
>>
MSG One Year War for PS2

https://mega.nz/#!i80xBCQY!BleU2aq6Vo0sMzag4QdfHpYzP-cJIY1eNprNY-erEsE
>>
Hah I rented and beat Journey to Jaburo back in the day. Wasn't what I'd call good but wasn't as bad as people say it was. Decent for a rental.
>>
>>13972417
youre talking about the same websites that gave evolve and destiny and pretty much every call of duty a 9 or a 10
dont bother with reviews for games. what you look for in games is always subjective.

seeing as there are so many casuals reviewing all kinds of games that love garbage like firewatch and last of us and other "hold forward and spam A games" i would rather just pirate the game and see if its good or not.
>>
>>13978410

Thanks a ton anon!
>>
>>13972417
i heard zeonic front was good
>>
>>13977585
hey man, if it's not too much of a hassle, could you upload the other gundam games, aside from g gen?
>>
>>13978920
Look up emuparadise.me
>>
>>13978585
Zeonic Front is amazing, definitely my favorite Gundam PS2 game.
>>
For my money:

Federation vs Zeon
Gundam vs Z Gundam
Zeonic Front
Lost War Chronicles (yes it's Japanese only but it's a very straight-forward game)
Encounters in Space
>>
File: 4f17f3ce1ad4.jpg (108 KB, 640x431) Image search: [Google]
4f17f3ce1ad4.jpg
108 KB, 640x431
>>13972417
>caring about scores
Anon please.

Anyway lots of good ones being posted ITT, here's a few as well:

Gundam 00 Meisters for the PS2 is nice. Plays like an arcade version of Zone of the Enders with much more enemies on screen. The models are high detailed and smooth. A pity that this game suffers from a lot of QTEs but you can skip those if you don't want to do special attacks.

Also Gundam Seed Destiny Rengou VS Zaft 2 Plus Stargazer is easily THE best Gundam game for the PS2. An updated VS engine featuring a bunch of suits from both SEED and Destiny. The PLUS mode is amazing containing missions for each character in the show allowing you to even save some that died, relationship statuses which makes characters playable when maxed out and level progression that's tied with suit unlocks. Of course this all falls into water if you don't like SEED/Destiny. Good gameplay can only carry it that much.
>>
I enjoyed the what if Battles in gundam vs zeta sure it was repetative but it introduced me to stolen ms's Gelgoog fedy colors is sexy.

Plus a White Big Zam hue
>>
>>13972445
>Hepner will never be your operator
How's it feel giving women the right to pilot?
>>
>>13972445
>Zeonic Front is the only one that stands out
Yeah, as the one Gundam action game that doesn't let you jump.
>>
>>13981130
You can jump though

ZF also stands out because its the only one that doesn't look like complete shit
>>
>>13981130
>action
>>
File: 4543112396525-1.jpg (184 KB, 599x400) Image search: [Google]
4543112396525-1.jpg
184 KB, 599x400
I hear good things about Gundam UC Climax. I have the ISO however I'm yet to play it. Supposed to be an "arcady" game.

The intro is amazing though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90UtRdqCkEc
>that headbutt

If you like SRPGs then Gundam SEED Destiny Generation of CE is pretty good.

Also, while not being fully Gundam games, Another Century's Episodes feature a bunch of Gundams and it's overall an amazing franchise. Going so far to call them one of the best mecha games ever.
>>
The thing that bugs me about zeonic front is
>shoot tank with machine gun
>instantly annihilated in one bullet
>shoot enemy ms from the front with machine gun
>barely scratches it, requires multiple magazines to kill
>shoot enemy ms in the back
>instantly annihilated in one bullet
>>
>>13981724
I've played it a lot back in 2008, and you're most right. However, one thing that stands out, and can make your experience worse, is that to use the stronger weapons, you need to hold the button down until a bar fills up. While you're doing that, you have to dodge stuff while not giving any of it back. It's not that bad with the weaker mobile suits (since every attack is pretty near each other in the bar), but some of the later mobile suits can have a charging period from 10 to 30 seconds. And even so, it can end up being unbalanced as hell, since the GP-02 takes at least 1 minute to charge its nuke, all the while the ZZ Gundam can fire its High Mega Cannon after 15 or 20, and the damage is almost the same.

One good thing is that instead of just using named pilots, you can make a custom character that fights across all eras. You can change sides when a conflict ends, and there are messages from named characters (Gihren, Revil, Haman) congratulating you for doing stuff.

Not a bad game, but the weapon system could have been better. I think they reused some of it in Another Century Episode R, although it's much worse there.
>>
File: Nadleeh.jpg (91 KB, 417x500) Image search: [Google]
Nadleeh.jpg
91 KB, 417x500
>>13981996
>to use the stronger weapons, you need to hold the button down until a bar fills up. While you're doing that, you have to dodge stuff while not giving any of it back.
That sounds exactly the same as Gundam 00 Meisters. And yeah it can be pretty over powered for unlockable suits such as pic related who fights with your usual rifle sword/shield combo but charging up while dodging will bust out the Virtue's shoulder cannons and obliterate half the screen in 360° spin. I didn't have problems with it, it's a simple ZoE arcade clone only with much much more enemies. It was simple satisfying fun.

>you can make a custom character that fights across all eras. You can change sides when a conflict ends, and there are messages from named characters (Gihren, Revil, Haman) congratulating you for doing stuff.
Yeah I heard about this but I forgot entirely about it. Sounds interesting. I should really try it out seeing how I'm already playing these arcadey Gundam games in the background anyway.
>>
>>13982022
Here's a video. The weapon bar is the right one.
Notice how that when the weapon is charging and he uses melee, the gauge resets?
>>
>>13982043
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v6WqgFiNvA
>>
>>13982043
>>13982045
That's actually looks more competent than I expected it to be. I only ever saw space levels before.

Meisters doesn't have much depth in comparison, it's more of a Musou game smashed with some ZoE controls that gets the challenge from rounding up enemies and mostly dodging when bosses are charging, going in for melee when they miss https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNinFH1a_nY.
>>
>>13972417
Federation vs Zeon is fun in an odd way. The combat being so slow and clunky combined with the general atmosphere really works for a proper 0079 game in the way few other things do. At least for a while. If/once you actually get used to system the vs games use it loses a lot of it's charm.
>>
>>13978054
not battle assault 2
>>
>>13981821
Gameplay choice, they want to avoid head on charges and go for either outmaneuvering or being undetected. You can still brute force your way to a win with beam rifles and bazookas.
>>
>>13977475
>>13977585
Anon here- you would make my life considerably better if you did such a thing.
>>
>>13977475
>>13977585
>>13978410
Whoops, just noticed it's been done. Thank you so much!
>>
EMULATE EMULATE EMULATE

Encounters in Space and Gundam vs Zeta look amazing for PS2 games in 1080p and any midrange rig 2011 or newer should handle it, my 6350 and 650Ti are enough for it. Anyone know how to fix Zeonic Front to work right emulated? Tried several ISOs and even my own disc.
>>
>>13977617
If anything they're more valid because not knowing about the source material means they have to judge the game for how well it plays instead of sthi like teijw faovier movile suit is in it.
>>
>>13982111
The MS management in campaign mode kept the tedium at bay for me in FedvZeon, I was sad it was gone in VS Zeta but UC mode was a much more interesting experience. One day I'm gonna finish my campaign and get the ZZ.
>>
File: 1425522787577.jpg (89 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1425522787577.jpg
89 KB, 500x375
Do the North American versions of the PS2 Gundam games retain the music from the anime? I know Bandai has changed the music with some of their later Gundam games due to rights issues and just wanna know if they did it with those before buying them over the Japanese version.
>>
>>13984036
I still prefer GvZ, sure the campaign is worse but ripping spacemen apart with a Gaplant is an experience.

>>13984042
Most do, the DWG games don't though.
>>
>>13984042
The first ones (under the Project Pegasus thing) keep the music from the anime, but the Musou games don't.
>>
>>13984031
Did you have a stroke?
>>
>>13972599
You can emulate them pretty easily if you have a decent computer. i5 2500k and up will pretty much blow through it.

It's actually really nice to see EIS in HD, since the robotic geometry works well. If only they made a widescreen patch for it.
>>
>>13984042
The pre-2007 games tend to, because Bandai had money.
>>
>>13986154
>if you have a decent computer
But I only have i3
>>
>>13986186
There's been six years worth of those. If you have a recent one you're fine. Just download PCSX2 and an ISO and try it.
>>
>>13986186
Gundam VS games on PS2 are pretty light on the requirements.
>>
>>13982968
Well yeah, it doesn't play like a pile of steaming shit for one thing.
>>
>>13986197
This, forget about trying to run Ace Combat though.
>>
>>13986206
Do the PSP Ace Combat games emulate well?
>>
>>13986212
Yeah. The heaviest PSP games requirement wise are God of War games and Tekken 6
>>
>>13986212
You can emulate the heaviest PSP games with an old cell phone.
>>
>>13986230
>>13986219
Its not meeting some requirement, its that maybe like trying to emulate a PS2 Ace Combat game there's some shit that doesn't work like hit detection.
>>
>>13982111
>>13984036
I've never played a game that so perfectly captured the terror of being a grunt sent up against one of the aces.

You'd be blasting down Zakus and Doms, and then suddenly
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1AAXRu3TBA
kicks in and you know you're in for a world of hurt
>>
File: 1437622093106.gif (2 MB, 320x236) Image search: [Google]
1437622093106.gif
2 MB, 320x236
>>13972436
The VOTOMS PS2 game was also amazing.
>>
>>13978410

>MSG One Year War for PS2

So I got this, got the emulator. I've been messing around with the speed hacks and trying all the different plugins but it never runs on hardware mode no matter what. Like it only works in software and the menus are fine but then it slows to a hilarious crawl in the actual game.

I have an amd 6300 six core and i know that's not like amazing but it should sure as hell be enough power right? I also have 8 gigs of ram so I think I'm okay there too. Anyone got any advice for settings or something? I really, really want to play but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong here.
>>
>>13972619
Yeah a lot of PS2 games from Japan are a licensing nightmare. Often the devs that made them closed down years ago. And the likes of Konami, Bandai and Capcom don't give a shit about old games.

>Rule of rose never
>>
>>13987679
who would have guessed the Fire Pro guys were also great at robot games?
>>
>>13988578
>Last Legion
>Pacific Rim
>Real Steel
I doubt that the rest of theirs are up to snuff.
>>
>>
>>13988508
"Moar cores" is not better. At most, PCSX2 only uses two cores.

http://pcsx2.net/support/links/faq.html

What graphics card do you have? Maybe it's weak and it's the bottleneck.
>>
>>13988615

I always liked the G-3 Savior's Scopedog weapons loadout.
>>
>>13988762

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST
>>
Are any of the PS3 games any good?

The only one I ended up getting was Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2. Is 3 worth getting if I've played that, or that new Rebirth one? Should I import something?
>>
File: 1450539583741.gif (992 KB, 450x250) Image search: [Google]
1450539583741.gif
992 KB, 450x250
>>13989304
I have 3 and I love it but if you can go straight to reborn all you'll be missing out on is the crossover story and some good songs, and the english dub if you care about that.
While you'll be gaining a crap ton more content and a better battle system however reborn is digital only.
>>
File: 1337561709861.jpg (13 KB, 262x349) Image search: [Google]
1337561709861.jpg
13 KB, 262x349
>>13989304
>The only one I ended up getting was Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2. Is 3 worth getting if I've played that
Honestly no. I prefer 2 over 3. It featured more personal missions and interactions. 3 adds far less content to be considered a sequel. Most of the good shit is DLC too. The whole cross-over interaction focuses on Kira fucking Yamato and Setsuna who's unfortunately for him paired with that knob. Also the whole Knight Gundam shit that I really gave no crap about. Also the game looks like shit, models look worse than in 2. Like, they tried some cell-shaded look for them and the final result looked like they were made of paper. Just get Reborn. It features the DLC added in 3 and a bunch of more suits, granted most of them are from SEED/Destiny unfortunately. But they also added bunch of other shit like playable mobile armors, meteor units, ship assists etc. Also it looks pretty and the action is somewhat faster and there are more enemies on screen IIRC.

>Should I import something?
EXVS Full Boost is always worth it.
Gundam Unicorn as well. You get free DLCs with it.
Battlefield Record U.C. 0081 is nice too if you like grunts.

While not a Gundam game per say ACE:R features a lot of them too. Sure it's not as good as 1/2/3/P but it's still worth a pirate.
>>
File: GD Vincent.jpg (109 KB, 650x649) Image search: [Google]
GD Vincent.jpg
109 KB, 650x649
>>13989304
Gundam Side Story: Missing Links
>>
>>13981724
I can't seem to find an ISO for it on the internet that isn't dead. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
>>
File: Black_phantom_gespenst.png (238 KB, 460x470) Image search: [Google]
Black_phantom_gespenst.png
238 KB, 460x470
>>13989840
I got it from http://hierogames.ml/?p=1782 One of those links still work I just checked but 4chan is being a bitch and doesn't allow me to directly link them.
I get most of my shit from that guy. Even things I didn't know existed like OG Infinite Battle.
>>
>>13989891
>5 hour speed-cap free download just for a 1GB file
Holy fuck fuck that shit can anyone re-upload it or point me to a better one?
>>
File: 1456504752625.jpg (88 KB, 573x640) Image search: [Google]
1456504752625.jpg
88 KB, 573x640
>>13989901
I would upload it myself but my upload speed is even slower than just downloading it from there, sorry.

IIRC I was downloading these relatively rare games like Lost War Chronicles and SRW packs from some chink website quite some time ago but I can't for the life of me remember the name.
>>
File: 6038.jpg (254 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
6038.jpg
254 KB, 1280x1024
>ONE
>>
>>13989604
>EXVS Full Boost is always worth it.
I've been wanting to get into VS since I still play Federation vs Zeon today. How does it compare to FvZ? And is Full Boost the latest one? Does it have a full single player campaign?

And do those three games have an english setting for their asian release? I know a lot of modern Japanese games have that now.
>>
File: 27481093_p0.jpg (2 MB, 1734x1049) Image search: [Google]
27481093_p0.jpg
2 MB, 1734x1049
>>13990906
>How does it compare to FvZ?
EXVS is much much faster in comparison. Has a lot of depth and complex combos. It's EVO tier. That said it's still easy to get into, just a bit more difficult to master. If you're unsure then download Gundam VS Gundam Next PLUS and emulate it via PPSSPP to try something similar.

>And is Full Boost the latest one?
The latest one on consoles, yes. Maxi Boost and Maxi Boost ON are yet to receive console announcement. I guess they don't want to port them just yet because it kills the arcades.

>Does it have a full single player campaign?
Unfortunately no. Wish it had a PLUS mode like in Rengou VS ZAFT 2 with the main focus on crossovers like the Dynasty Warriors games but alas, too much effort. It does have an arcade mode though. It's pretty vast featuring bosses and bunch of intersecting routes.

>And do those three games have an english setting for their asian release?
No but they're simple games so it's no biggie.
>>
>>13991113
Thank you for answering all these questions.
My last ones: Is Full Burst's online active? Or is it unusable in NA thanks to regions?

And if Maxi Boost or ON do get a console release, is there any chance of it being PS3? Or this year?

I'm going to emulate what you suggested, thanks for bringing that up.
>>
File: 34425013_p0.jpg (1 MB, 2400x1350) Image search: [Google]
34425013_p0.jpg
1 MB, 2400x1350
>>13991332
>Is Full Burst's online active?
Yeah, you just need a Japanese PSN account.

>And if Maxi Boost or ON do get a console release, is there any chance of it being PS3? Or this year?
I'm hoping they include it on the PS3 as well. Maxi Boost isn't really graphically upgraded. It's essentially the same game only with some balancing and more mobile suits, also including the ones which are already DLC for the Full Boost. It's like a Ultra SF to Super SF, an expansion pack. Nips aren't forgetting about the PS3 just yet, see how they're still releasing games for it alongside PS4 and occasionally the Vita, like Persona 5, Yoru no nai Kuni, Atelier Sophie etc. so there's a chance it'll be on the PS3 too.
>>
>>13984029
I got a 650Ti too [spoiler[worked fine for me[/spoiler]
>>
File: 777238-gundam0079_jpn_front.png (4 MB, 1415x1406) Image search: [Google]
777238-gundam0079_jpn_front.png
4 MB, 1415x1406
>the best Gundam game is on Dreamcast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UfCb-6we40

How does that make you feel?
>>
>>13993203
>That cockpit design
>Even the small detail of the picture on the dash
This was on the dreamcast? Holy fuck. I think I might get this.
>>
>>13993236
It's a real shame that there were no follow ups. Imagine a Gundam game that utilized Steel Battalion's controller.
>>
>>13972635

Japanese only and it basically killed the supposed Gundam series of games based on the engine
>>
File: ULJS00145_00007.jpg (124 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
ULJS00145_00007.jpg
124 KB, 960x544
I have no idea what any of this is, like my Passive abilities?
>>
File: Capture.png (76 KB, 428x549) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
76 KB, 428x549
>>13993400
From top to bottom

Passive

- Sniper:
Distance of locked on predicted shots are doubled (the lock on box). 20% damage done even if the enemy blocks it. 2x damage if not blocked.

- Fierce Attack:
Melee attacks cannot be countered. 20% damage done if blocked, 2x damage if not.

- Cold-blooded:
2x damage done when you hit MSs that are DOWN. (when you get hit too much and fall)

- Unsympathetic:
1.5x damage done when you hit MSs that are DOWN.

- I-Field Pierce:
Beam weapons still do 30% damage even the enemy has an I-Field.

- Assault:
Damage done to everything excluding MS/MA, is doubled.

- Concentration:
SP gauge increases 1.2x faster.

- Mental Power:
Charged attacks (Triangle+attack/boost buttons) take only 75% of the normal SP used.

- Junk Shop:
Ammunition is 1.5x more, reload speed is 1.5x slower.

- Search:
Radar distance is doubled. (how far you can lock on)

- Speed Thrusters:
Thruster speed is increased, however it uses up more of the thruster gauge.

- High Mobility:
Boost uses only 75% of the normal thruster expend.

- Quick:
Turning speed is increased by 1.5x.

- Position Adjustment:
Balance is increased by 1.5x.

- Super Reflexes:
100% able to stand back up when you are DOWN.

- Light Body:
Able to triple-jump.

- Sense:
When there's a newtype present, both of you do 1.2x more damage.

- Calm Minded:
Spread shots and flash bombs doesn't effect you.

- Skillful:
Tormoch, netgun effects are halved. (when you get hit by them)

- Guerrilla:
Tormoch, netgun effects are doubled. (when you use them)

- Operative:
Tormoch, netgun effects are increased by 1.5x. (when you use them)

Just compare the names to the image
>>
>>13993400
As far as your pilot's stats go it's
...Health
...Range
...Melee
...Defense
...Reaction
...Sensing
...SP
>>
>>13972417
Zeonic Front and Gundam vs. Zeta Gundam are the only ones worth getting. though G vs. ZG has gotten ridiculously expensive
>tfw bought a copy of Zeonic Front from a small vidya store and they gave me a free guide book
>>
File: Capture2.png (37 KB, 500x304) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.png
37 KB, 500x304
>>13993400
and these are all the additional abilities
again from top to bottom

Additional (activates automatically when your HP goes red)

- Awake:
Gains 1/2 time Hyper Mode.

- Resonance:
When a newtype is present, both of you do 2x more damage.

- Passionate:
SP gauge recovers by 200%.

- Outburst:
HP recovers by 20%.

- Restoration:
HP recovers by 20%, Shield regenerated.

- Unyielding:
You recover 1 HP when your HP reaches 0.

- Confusion:
You use your SP Attack even if your SP is not full.

- Invincibility:
Invincible for a short amount of time.

- Spirited:
You do 1.2x more damage.

- Refortify:
Gains 1/3 time Hyper Mode.

- Anger:
Gains 1/4 time Hyper Mode.
>>
>>13993491
>>13993483
Anyway to change these? Assault sounds mostly useless except for downing ships.
>>
>>13993400
Finally before you even ask these are the stats for mobile suits
...Health Points
...Solid Defense
...Beam Defense
...Mobility
...Thruster Output
...Thruster Speed
...Radar Range
...Balance
...Turning Speed

and this is for weapons
...Attack Power
...Accuracy
...Volley Size/Rate of Fire
...Reload Time
...Lock-on Speed (?)
...Ammunition

and controls just incase you didn't know

Movement = D-Pad
Fire Primary Weapon = Circle (O)
Fire Secondary Weapon = Square
Use Melee Weapon = Triangle
Boost = X (X)
Select Target = Right Trigger
Guard = Left Trigger
Change Target = Thumbstick

Boost Forward/Backward/Left/Right = D-Pad Double-Tap Up/Down/Left/Right

Change Primary Weapon = Left Trigger + Square

Order AI Partner to use a Melee Attack = Select + Up
Order AI Partner to Attack = Select + Right

Order AI Partner to use Special Attack = Select + Down

Order AI Partner to Defend = Select + Left
Charged Ranged Attack = Left Trigger + Circle
Charged Melee Attack = Left Trigger + Triangle
Charged Boost = Left Trigger + X

Special Attack(Full Bar of SP Required) = Circle + Triangle

Hyper mode(2 Full Bars of SP Required) = Circle + Triangle While holding Left Trigger

Change Perspective (1st or 3rd Person) = Start Menu + Middle Option
>>
>>13993517
only by creating a new character
stats and abilities are generated based on your name + Character portrait + Faction + Type +Operator
so play around changing those (even just adding spaces in your name may change things)
You can however raise stats by just using them
as in using melee will make you better at melee etc
>>
>>13993541
Name? What the fug, so I got to have some moonrune name to have good skills?
>>
>>13993567
Nah
Name as in different names generate different skills
nothing is locked out of typing a name in english as far as I'm aware
so add spaces after your name or choose different portraits/operators till ya get an ability setup you like
>>
>>13993578
So whats the most useful for general MS vs MS abilities? I have some pilots with something that sounds lame like Super Reflexes, I mean you shouldn't be getting Downed often and Unyielding which again is bad because it means bad play.
>>
File: 1446695733125.jpg (40 KB, 353x357) Image search: [Google]
1446695733125.jpg
40 KB, 353x357
>>13993619
personally I like the skills that just flat out increase ranged or melee damage and make your attacks unblockable

my current federation character has search which helps me pretty much lock onto anyone anywhere on the map which helps for long range sniping but it's not like the maps are always huge.
and my Zeon character has I field pierce which is pretty meh so far since I fields are pretty rare.
but most are pretty great so I'm not really sure if there's any that are OP or anything
most of the additional skills are just "you're about to die so here's something to hopefully help you turn it around"

The main ones I think that are pretty meh are Assault (but again that can help rape ships), Position adjustment, and Super reflexes (you're usually invincible while downed so for the most part this doesn't do a whole lot)
Every other skill is just a matter of opinion and playstyle

Hope you have Gundam Battle Universe is one of my favorite games. Even funner if you can play it co op with someone via ad hoc party or PRO online if you're playing on PC (psp emulator)
>>
File: 1454055029559.jpg (100 KB, 1058x705) Image search: [Google]
1454055029559.jpg
100 KB, 1058x705
>>13975775
>GP-02 is a lot of fun?
Hell yes, rocket barrage for days and his Super is great for people who like to triple jump.
I like his shield DP thing.

GBA2 is a pretty rad game, still play it to this day. It's a bit bonkers though.
>Deathscythe in general
>HeavyArms infinite
>pretty easy to chain into most supers
>most unblockable saber attacks are great for meaties, time it right when you're opponent is rising, he's eating that shit
>Dark Gundam's full screen unblockable, fuck that thing
>>
>>13993400
What game?
>>
>>13993821
Gundam Battle Universe
>>
>>13993830
>PSP
shit, how hard is it to play with one analog stick?
>>
>>13993844
Lock on takes off alot of the stress and d pad is the main movement is actually the D pad
I posted the controls here >>13993530
and they're customizable
the game is tons of fun with crap tons of suits and pilots
it is in japanese only though so use the translations and things I've posted above to help you get the jist of things
>>
>>13973790
How does that make it a bad game? You can do the same thing for virtually every game, even Dark Souls.
>Get BKH
>learn enemy movement pattern
>roll into enemy, attack enemy, then roll back away
>use flask if you take damage
>FOR EVERY BOSS
I guess all games are shit then.
>>
File: 1453592242436.png (161 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
1453592242436.png
161 KB, 500x313
>>13973790
hey man standard grunts are supposed to die like bitches in both gundam and dynasty warriors alike
do you really expect the grunts to threaten you THAT much?
grunts suck intentionally
named units and bosses though should be threatening still though which they are in both series

>>13993865
why are we replying to a 5 day old post
fair point though
>>
>>13993865
Good games throw curveballs at you, incorporate gimmicks, or introduce concepts that convolute the game's simplistic core so that they don't come off as mindless or formulaic. They keep you entertained with variety and a compelling background, even if that variety is an illusion in most cases.

The VS Series and most of the other PS2 games don't do that. It's just a cycle of shoot while it's red > don't do anything on yellow > repeat regardless of what you're piloting, what you're against, where you are, and so on. The AI doesn't have enough depth to create a unique or compelling experience even with the variety of mobile suits, which, honestly, don't even have that many differences outside of the superficial, with most of it being subtle mechanical nuances that most players won't even pick up on unless they pay close attention.

I can get a clip of any moment or play in any VS game, and it won't be noticeably different from any other outside of the aesthetic. There's nothing memorable about the gameplay. And all of this is coming from someone who loves the series and has played most of them since 2001.
>>
>>13993910
that's a valid complaint for the AI, but the games are meant to be played against human opponents. The more recent entries in the series have become even more like fighting games rather than third person action.
>>
>>13984029
software mode
Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.