[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: gr-header.jpg (127 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
gr-header.jpg
127 KB, 600x750
What went right?
>>
Mecha and martial arts go together like fighter jets and beach volleyball
>>
The animation, the voice acting, the pacing, the emotion in the scenes.

Shame about the blueballing
>>
Im surprised the project wasn't shit canned outright given how long it took to make
>>
>>13971301
Anything that wasn't a seizure inducing flashback sequence.
>>
>>13971301
>What went right?

Same thing that went right with Gunbuster. A once in a lifetime planetary alignment.
Seriously it's kinda like Kill Bill, an amalgam of different genres mixed in with good music, superb animation and amazing mecha designs. The whole being so much more than the single components. That said, Giant Robo fails one thing, an ending. There is no fucking ending to the ova. And that is its major problem.
>>
>>13971633
>Genya dies
>Ginrei dies
>Shizuma Drive is fixed

That is literally the ending. Babel II waking up for the never going to happen sequel does not magically make the main narrative disappear.
>>
File: 098654321.png (749 KB, 994x720) Image search: [Google]
098654321.png
749 KB, 994x720
>>13971633
>Same thing that went right with Gunbuster.
>>
>>13971633

There's an ending. The problem is that there's a sequel hook showing the return of Big Fire and promising a final confrontation.
>>
>>13971643
This.

Imagawa closed off the show. I'm tired of seeing people whine about Imagawa's endings because when it's obvious they have no clue as to what an ending actually is.

Just because Imagawa added a tease at the end, doesn't mean that it suddenly somehow negates the whole narrative that preceded it.

The narrative was about the Shizuma Drive. The show revolved around it, not around the fight between the International Police Force and Big Fire. That was only the setting where the main narrative took place.
>>
>>13971301
everything went right, beginning, middle and end were all great. just that "little" cliff hanger with Big Fire is my only complaint.

but I'm kinda biased, since Giant Robo is my all time favorite anime.
>>
>>13971301
Certainly not the script, that's for sure. The plot of the show was so much more complicated than it needed to be, and as a result it gets extremely boring towards the end as the characters babble on, trying to tie up all the plot threads that the audience ultimately doesn't give a shit about.
>>
>>13971335
Different times.
>>
only a retard would call giant robo's plot complicated.

i guess it's the same breed of retarded reco haters.
>>
>>13971633
>Same thing that went right with Gunbuster.
Lol no.

Giant Robo is well above and beyond Gunbuster. Don't put them in the same bin.
>>
>>13971975
Thing with that sequel hook is that it feels like the series has just begun
>>
>big dumb stupid misunderstanding that cost countless lifes

It wasn't that amazing.
>>
Yasuhiro Imagawa
>>
My only complaint about the whole thing is just how unnecessarily complicated everything got all because of misunderstanding. Had professor Vogler bothered to explain everything to Genya before handing him the samples, there wouldn't be so many unnecessary sacrifices. But nope, best to record a message that can only be seen when all 3 anti-Shizuma drives have already done their work! By this point half the cast is fucking dead and the world is in ruins, even with the Shizuma drives fixed.
>>
>>13975457
This is tolerable, because it's in line with the rest of the show.

The show's a rollercoaster ride where people with superpowers and giant robots exist. The irrationality of Giant Robo is what makes it a work of art.
>>
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.