[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finally watched G-reco and... You lied to me /m/ you said G-reco
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 8
Finally watched G-reco and...

You lied to me /m/ you said G-reco was shit and plot didnt make sense
are you for fucking real?
The plot was easy to follow, Cumpa was behind everything and driving people into forced wars to break the whole taboo shtick in order for humanity evolve

The characters have great development specially Raraiya who we wee develop for more than 10 episodes as she recuperates from her air asphyxiation from space re-entry, we see how Bell changes and aida becomes less stubborn. Jesus too many characters to name but MICK JACK IS AMAZING
Mecha designs there were great it's sad we havent gotten kits for some of the units but eventually they will come.

My problem with the show was the pacing at least in some episodes was fast and others a bit slow, very inconsistent especially the final episode. But yeah G-Reco was a great Gundam show and HEAVILY under appreciated by Gundam fans
>>
>>13967391
Only the middle is shit with its erratic pacing. The beginning is fine and the last third is great.
>>
>>13967391
>as she recuperates from her air asphyxiation from space re-entry

How exactly does one recuperate from brain damage?
>>
>>13967395
Goldfish exposure.
>>
>>13967391
>You lied to me /m/
>taking /m/'s opinion into consideration
you did that to your self.
>>
File: 1252434758526.png (8 KB, 482x402) Image search: [Google]
1252434758526.png
8 KB, 482x402
>>13967395
>How exactly does one recuperate from brain damage?

The same way human beings have done it time and time again? People have recovered from brain injuries all sorts of ways and on many different accounts.

Read a book.
>>
>>13967400

No, it's wildly accepted /m/ hates everything and is not a good source of recommendation or warning.
>>
>>13967391
it's shit, mr tominofag
>>
>>13967391
>Finally watched G-reco and...

Well you didn't really watch it since the biggest clusterfuck of all wasn't even mentioned. You talk about characters that develop, eg Raraiya. But what about the fucking co-main character that is Aida ? She started great by early mid series Tomino had fucked her over and made her into a nobody. Why the fuck did he even put her in the script eh ? G-Reco is shit and rightfully so. Worse than Seed and Destiny put together. Worse than IBO, ok not worse but on the same idiotic level. You cannot redeem a clusterfuck.
>>
File: 1457007308537.jpg (15 KB, 354x352) Image search: [Google]
1457007308537.jpg
15 KB, 354x352
>>13967418
>Well you didn't really watch it since the biggest clusterfuck of all wasn't even mentioned. You talk about characters that develop, eg Raraiya. But what about the fucking co-main character that is Aida ? She started great by early mid series Tomino had fucked her over and made her into a nobody. Why the fuck did he even put her in the script eh ? G-Reco is shit and rightfully so. Worse than Seed and Destiny put together. Worse than IBO, ok not worse but on the same idiotic level. You cannot redeem a clusterfuck.
>>
>>13967395
She had Hypoxic-Anoxic Brain Injury
>>
>>13967391
Your wrong i dony undrfstand si it sucks lol

Try agaib
>>
>>13967476
i know you're poking fun of those retards from facebook
and i commend you
>>
>>13967391
>The characters have great development
Is this a a joke? The characters were even more shallow and boring than the Victory cast.
>>
>>13967412
>>13967418
>>13967488
And here are they, the haters that can't accept G-Reco is good and people like it.
>>
>>13967488
>Is this a a joke?
Your post sure is, given that even Victory seemed to have gone over your head.
>>
>>13967488
>Victory cast
>bad
Is tihs a joke?
>>
>>13967391
http://pastebin.com/4R2a6SCn
>>
>>13967548
not even haters, just trolls.
>>
>>13967395
Never heard of someone recovering from a concussion?
>>
Reconguista in G is basically an IQ test. If you can't follow it you're just below average.

Doesn't matter if you like it or not.
>>
>>13969110

What if you can follow it and just think it's okay?
>>
>>13967605

Nailed it.
>>
Was there a mecha guide to G-Reco? Seems like detailed information on the various MS is scarce.
>>
>>13967488
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GYB1neCEic
>Victory Cast
>Bad
>>
>>13969118
>Doesn't matter if you like it or not.
>>
>>13969925
>Was there a mecha guide to G-Reco?
There is a Gundam Weapons mook from Hobby Japan. It has plamos of all the and MS/MA
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-1864318
>>
File: 1454713411283.jpg (121 KB, 627x782) Image search: [Google]
1454713411283.jpg
121 KB, 627x782
>>13967605
>Stories like "jews are an inferior race that have to be purged" brought about tragedies
I'm not seeing the problem.
>>
>>13967391
>G-Reco was a great Gundam show
>great
I disagree. The characters were quirky but overall boring outside of the main cast and the action was pretty and well animated, but it lacked any sort of tension to make me feel engaged and ended up finding the battles to be entirely forgettable.
Good, but not great.
>>
>>13967391
Most people that complained about the plot being hard to follow were those who watched it weekly, when a lot shit were still not explained and there were a week long wait between episodes. Of course you'll have a better understanding a complete work you can marathon compared to an incomplete one.
>>
>>13970827
I can't for the life of me find any scans of it. Anyone know where to find them?
>>
>>13971064

That's the thing though. Tomino knew very well that this was going to be a weekly 26-episode 20-minute long show that's aimed at children. The plot and world building elements are actually really simple enough to understand, the problem is that these elements do not get explained well enough in the show for them to stick to the viewers. Reconguista's story ain't no Xenogears, it's the usual Earthnoid VS. Spacenoid crap, except Tomino threw in a lot terminologies without explaining them, hoping to artificially inflate the "complexity" of the story.

They could have easily gone into more detail explaining things like Kuntala, SU-Cordism, Sankto Porto, Kashiba Mikoshi, Crescent Ship, etc so you can appreciate these things better. Instead, they decided to explain most of these things with literally one-liners and hope that explanation will suffice. To add insult to injury, Tomino decided to devote a lot of time to stupid characer hijinks or shiny-mobile-suit-of-the-week battles instead of using that time for worldbuilding instead, i.e. Megafauna's stupid battle-of-the-week episodes on Earth could have been used to better explain Kuntala, the Gondwan-Amerian war, Capital Tower and SU-Cordism, etc, that weird space debris collection episode at Towasanga could have been used to better explain the living conditions on the space colony, etc. But welp, that's Tomino for you.
>>
Did Belliri have any real opposition throughout the show?
As far as I remember, he basically shat on everyone in the G-Self.
>>
>>13970577

> Only stipulates if you can't follow it
> Can follow it
>>
>>13971515
Nope. Tomino went full Kira for him.
>>
>>13971515

No, but that's kind of the point of the show. Every faction in the show wants to steal G-Self since it can be used to shat on and massacre opposing factions. They try to steal it, but they all end up getting wasted by G-Self and Bellri anyway.
>>
Oh this is gonna end well.
>>
>>13971520
This. Fucking this

After watching the last episode of G-reco, I'm convinced that Kira Yamato truly is the greatest hero of gundam
>>
>>13971504
>better explain Kuntala
>ignoring Mask and >>13967605
The whole thing about being food was just a back-story that didn't need any more expansion for its purpose in the story.
>>
>>13971533

That's the thing though, if you read Urobochi's thoughts on Mask, he outright states that racism against Kuntala doesn't exist. That just raises the question of how Mask/Luin Lee even came up with the idea that his race is being oppressed. You're telling me that this guy who has been living in what is practically a racism-free utopian environment for his whole entire life somehow came up with the idea that his people are being opressed? It just sounds completely unrealistic. At least with the other characters in the show, they all have very clear and tangible reasons for their motives.

I suppose that's part of the reason why they didn't delve into the whole Kuntala racism thing. Emphasizing its non-existence puts Luin Lee's motivations in the spotlight, which would just make people realize that his motivations are so forced, which would make Tomino's writing look bad.
>>
>>13971965

Urobuchi's whole spiel is rubbish in my opinion, and just him looking to justify liking a thing through literary means instead of actually just liking it.
>>
>>13971965
>That just raises the question of how Mask/Luin Lee even came up with the idea that his race is being oppressed
... By the fact Kuntalas were actually eaten in the past? By prejudice against Bellri and people in a position of power?
Do you live under a rock? Because Luin's attitude is really no different from the recent protest at the Oscars.
KKK and slavery are a thing of the past as much as Kuntala.
>>
>>13967391
The plot makes sense, it's just badly conveyed to the audience. G-Reco is probably the best overall Gundam TV show since Turn-A, but it would have benefited a lot from an extra 10 episodes.
>>
>>13971965
>You're telling me that this guy who has been living in what is practically a racism-free utopian environment for his whole entire life somehow came up with the idea that his people are being opressed? It just sounds completely unrealistic.

Are you retarded? Do you really not realize SJW and Black Lives Matter are exactly that?
>>
>>13972169
Are you actually implying that America is a racist free utopian environment? Seriously, are you ignorant, or trolling?
>>
>>13972173
It's as racism-free and utopian as the world of G-Reco is.
>>
Only the factional shit was confusing.
>capital tower and Gillett fleet are killing each other
>next episode they're sharing prototype suits

>Bellri murders a bunch of Wuxias with the photon torpedo
>next scene he's strolling into capital tower as if nothing happened

We only get proper clarity when the GiT corps shows up but even then.

>Rararia randomly sinks a Rattle-Python for no reason while fighting alongside Kim.
>Klim straight up murders his dad with the Moonship

Conveying the changing allegiances needed work.
>>
>>13972000

Except 'past' is actually a thousand years ago during late UC/early RC. Reconguista in G takes place in RC 1014. Racism and the KKK are relatively recent events, in comparison to when Kuntala cannibalism happened. The fact that Kuntala racism still even exists after a thousand years is kind of... eh.

Also, the few times you actually see a Kuntala get abused are so far and few in between, and only occurs in the first few couple of episodes. The whole Kuntala thing is supposed to be Mask's main motivation for starting a revolution, but it never got emphasized well enough in the show for it to feel like a big societal issue that deserves a revolution.
>>
>>13972217
How much time have passed since the cannibalism event doesn't matter when the characters still make a deal by pointing/singling out that someone is a kuntala.

That they make an issue out of it is the point no matter how significant or insignificant it maybe to the characters (ie how mask makes a big deal out of it while Bellri doesn't).

If you're not a minority or never experienced racism, it can be admittedly a difficult concept to understand and is best more explained by the South Park episode "With Apologies to Jesse Jackson."
>>
>>1397217

As with the rest of the other important crap in the show, they just tell you that the Kuntalas are oppressed, but they never actually show you any instances that drive home the point. You never see any Kuntalas get beaten up, get killed, be denied of human rights, or be living in squalid conditions, which is what black people in the US are arguably experiencing. Aside from a couple of minor instances in the first couple of eps, we never hear or see of Kuntala oppression ever again. It's like they just expect you to roll with the whole Kuntala oppression thing and sympathize with Mask and co.

Hell, Cross Ange did a better job at making me feel for the Normas, since they actually show you that they are oppressed.
>>
>>13972296
Mask is the Char though, so maybe the point is that the Kuntala AREN'T oppressed and he's just being a massive fag? I don't know.

In the last Tomino Gundam I watched, Tomino took the time to both tell us about and show us that war a shit and a hell and the colonies had poorfags. Either him leaving out Kuntala oppression is intentional, or nigga gone senile.
>>
>>13972296
Violence is not needed or be all/end all to show or imply racism anon.

To single one out someone or treat them differently due to their lineage is the most common form of racism.

Reminder that Kuntalas is also a stand in for Burakumin and even for Japanese of Korean/Taiwanese descent. That form of racism is much more familiar to its target Japanese audience.
>>
>>13972325

For the longest time I thought "burakumin" was a loanwoard meaning "black men".
>>
>>13972283

My issue isn't really with whether or not Kuntala racism is a thing, it's with the fact that they never really flesh it out well enough for it to be apparent. The few instances that they show it is so innocuous to the point that it feels like it isn't actually a thing. Heck, there's practically no one in the cast who's anti-Kuntala.
>>
>>13971504
Tomino unfortunately expected that most of his audience would at least be familiar with anthropology and history

. Su-cordism is a reference to the cargo cult (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_cult) and kuntalas for burakumin as pointed by someone else here >>13972325.

Attacking the Kashiba Mikoshi taboo? You don't attack the ones that brings bounty to you and also a reference to portable shrines (Mikoshi).

For Buddhists, you're not supposed to do any violence in the presence of one so warrior monks (Sohei) carried them in battle to dissuade their enemies if they were religious. They have no qualms fighting in the presence of one however and so were most warlords.
http://jp.learnoutlive.com/the-sohei/
>>
File: Two tickets to the gun show.gif (3 MB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
Two tickets to the gun show.gif
3 MB, 448x252
G-Reco was good. /m/ is full of shitposters and edgelords.
>>
>>13972373
Again racism doesn't need to be that obvious for Luin and the other Kuntalas.

Consider that when Luin fails at something someone in the background will say "that's a kuntala for you or point out that he is one.

That's harmless banter all things considered but
why point it out or bring it up in the first place? Why bring up his ancestry at all in a negative light?

Consider it this way, would you point out that a coworker is black if they made a mistake and tell it to their face?
>>
>>13972406
>Consider it this way, would you point out that a coworker is black if they made a mistake and tell it to their face?

Yes, but I'm posting this from Hong Kong where that sort of thing is acceptable.

I'd assume Americans don't do that.
>>
>>13972378
Precisely.
No offence to our American friends, but the average Yankee Doodle isn't going to know anything about Buddhism, cargo cults, or anything else.
The point is, though, that Urobutcher has a point with Mask; even if he's well-intentioned, his methods are wrong. He's not a good person, and his actions aren't going to help Kuntala fight racism, which, to be fair, is quite limited in the world of G-Reco, albeit not non-existent. And to do that, he does project this role of villainy onto Belri, who is just off doing his thing and trying to make sense of the world and his new giant super-murder-robot.
The overall theme of G-Reco is that assumed superiority of any kind can have short-term benefits, or even a well-intentioned long-term goal, but it's inherently destructive.
I don't think that Tomino is wrong when he posits that.
>>
>>13972205
>Wuxia
>Capital Tower
They were the Army. You know, the anime spent several episodes explaining that the Army is NOT the Guard and they are breaking the taboo.
>>
>>13972217
>The fact that Kuntala racism still even exists after a thousand years is kind of... eh.
It is not like racism towards Jews is a thing since Middle Ages, right?
>>
>>13972428
I don't think they teach kids that much history anymore, at least in America.
>>
>>13972296
>but they never actually show you any instances that drive home the point
Black people aren't burnt alive or beaten to death because of the color of their skin anymore, but racism is still a thing. When you call someone "nigger" that is being a racist.
Same with Kuntala, they aren't beaten to death, but you can still see that Spacenoids treat Earthnoids like barbarians because of this Kuntala thing (i.e. it happened thousands of years ago and they still think Earthnoids are like that), or Mick and Klim calling Mask and idiot because he is a Kuntala.
The racism is in the mindset of the characters.
>>
>>13972378

Welp, thanks for this. Knowing which story element is an allegory for actually helped me appreciate Reconguista's story better. Associating Kuntala with Burakumin paints a clearer picture of what Mask hopes to achieve, i.e. he wants to be "that Kuntala who won the war", in order to give Kuntala/Burakumin a better name, and not to actually start a bloody revolution against Kuntala haters.

Urobochi's interpretation of Kuntala racism being non-existent is still false though.
>>
>>13967605
>>In other words, in the world of G-Reco, discrmination against the Kuntala exists only in Mask's imagination, and this is his "story". And in order to complete said story, his forces onto Belri the roleplaying of the villain. This is solely because Belri's lineage and surroundings contain elements that would make him a good villain for Mask.

>>In other words, in the country of USA, discrmination against the blacks exists only in blacks' imagination, and this is their "story". And in order to complete said story, they force onto whites the roleplaying of the villain. This is solely because the whites' lineage and surroundings contain elements that would make them a good villain for blacks.
>>
>>13972572
Fits like a glove
>>
>>13972434
Some history classes are optional, World History and State ect Government history is require by law in most states though.
>>
>>13972179
So then what your suggesting is that Mask is completely justified ok good to know
>>
Have you guys every heard of the emperors new clothes?
>>
>>13973017
Yeah, have you?
>>
>>13973006
About as much as Char was.
"Technically right" is just as often not right at all.
>>
>>13972434
stupid tripfag
>>
>>13972380
never seen g-reco but I might if this cutiepie is an important character
>>
>>13973100
Depends on how you define "important".
>>
>>13973100
You know those fags that complain about how Gundam is all space psychics and UNDERSTANDING and no one just brawls anymore?

She and her faction are the personification of those people. Misguided early UCfags that probably only finished 0083 and 08th MS Team.
>>
>>13973104
how much screentime does she get?
>>13973117
sounds like a fun gal
>>
>>13973130
She gets about half an episode's worth of screentime over six or so episodes and then dies exactly the way you think she does. Shot with a one-hit kill beam weapon while charging like a shitter.
>>
>>13973153
god damn it are there any other girls like her at least?
>>
>>13973158
>like her
As in muscled? Not really.
>>
>>13973158
I don't know. I didn't watch the show.

Also I lied about her dying. I have no idea how much screentime she got.
>>
>>13973158
No more muscle girls but there's a really tall faggot with a swirly pompadour and there's a girl who seemed to be very emotionally attached to their Captain. At the end of the show they reveal she was pregnant with his child the entire time.
>>
>>13973189
Also, there's midgets wearing suits to look like normal people. It's pretty weird.
>>
File: CG-vIrmUQAAZUh6.jpg (48 KB, 480x685) Image search: [Google]
CG-vIrmUQAAZUh6.jpg
48 KB, 480x685
>>13973100
She has an awesome Tomino name if you're interested: Chikara Duel. As in, POWER duel.

She also pilots a nifty MS and that's the most important part.
>>
>>13970573
F
>>
>>13967391
Congrats on your shit taste, I guess.
>>
>>13973341
It's actually the oposite, he has great taste.
>>
>>13973773
This
/thread
>>
>>13972447
>When you call someone "nigger" that is being a racist.

Only if you are white. Funny how that works right? Have a high enough melanin count and no one gives a shit.
>>
>>13968596
Concussions, while still serious, are a relatively minor form of brain injury caused by a hard blow that shakes up the brain and temporarily disrupts normal brain activity. They do not normally cause actual significant brain damage and it can take multiple concussions before any significant lasting damage to the brain is noticed.

Oxygen deprivation causes major brain damage by creating a chemical imbalance in brain tissue which results in increasing acidity levels which kills the brain cells. Brain cells do not regrow and damage in permanent.

They are two very different types of brain injury.
>>
File: BasedMotherfucker.png (590 KB, 1276x720) Image search: [Google]
BasedMotherfucker.png
590 KB, 1276x720
>>13967391
tfw Colonel Cumpa Rusita done nothing wrong and a based motherfucker
>>
>>13975345
I'm pretty sure he did something wrong, since he got killed by a glider.
>>
>>13975345
He put Aida in an orphanage rather than just throwing her in a river, no idea how Wilmit came across Bellri, probably found the lil grade skipper playing with a jaguar. Edgy as fuck, I know you don't have to tell me but Izanel and Ameria might've gone into fullscale war without those kids.
>>
>>13975462
IIRC, wasn't the Rayhuntons supported the Reconguista plan?
>>
>>13972205
Gillet and Captial Army made an alliance between episodes, everyone talks about it

Wuxias are Capital Army. Capital Army=/=Capital Guard. The Guard controlled the tower, which is why Mask's men were involved in fighting to capture the tower at the ending.
>>
>>13977586
No. The Rayhunton's wanted to keep the status quo and were killed because of that.

>>13975406
He touched himself at night thinking of Bellri's mom. How dare he soil her image.
>>
>>13967391
g-reco is very different than the usual gundam shows /m/ and basically every casual is used to. I enjoyed it since it was relaxing to watch BUT I hate the fact that there was no plans for a HG of the Hecate.
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.