[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Convince me to not spend four and a half hours of my life watching
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 23
File: Gargantia_anime_promo_image.jpg (31 KB, 258x387) Image search: [Google]
Gargantia_anime_promo_image.jpg
31 KB, 258x387
Convince me to not spend four and a half hours of my life watching this please.
>>
>>13965386
Chamber dies at the end.
>>
Rescuing prisoners from rape pirates is frowned upon because that means the rape pirates now have to rape twice as hard to protect their reputation.
>>
>>13965386

You spend the time and then convince us not to instead.
>>
I would except I won't because it's a good show that is worth watching
>>
>>13965386
I would and I will because it's an incredibly dull show that is not worth watching.
I don't mind slow burns, but this show is just vapid.
>>13965410
Wulgaru pls.
>>
Tits
The best robobro in any mecha show
>>
>>13965386

Not going to. Go watch it. Its actually pretty good.

Just don't go into it expecting awesome spacebattles. Its not about the fights, and indeed after the first couple episodes you basically stop getting combat because its forgone conclusion that Chamber will win and there is no tension to it.

Go into it wanting to watch space marine and his tiny Gunbuster broing around and trying to figure out how to not fuck up being a civilian.
>>
File: Based Sugitabot.jpg (138 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Based Sugitabot.jpg
138 KB, 1280x720
>>13965386
This is the best thing in the show. Now you don't have to watch it.
>>
>>13965386
It's a good show that most people can't understand because they legitimately have average or below average intelligence like this guy >>13965410
>>
>>13965478

But that's only one side of the conversation, and without context you don't know what he is talking about or why its good.
>>
>>13965498

It think its less that they are not smart enough to get it and its more just trolls being trolls. The go-to criticism of the show is that it is boring or they don't like the message.

Like all trolling on /m/, it probably started with a couple of legitimate points or opinions back when the show was airing, and since then its been added to the shitposting echo chamber in its most blown out of proportion version available. King of like how G-reco has flaws, but its generally not nearly as bad as /m/ claims it is.

/m/ loves to hate things. There is literally nothing on /m/ that everyone will agree is good. The board is in a neverending hunt for the perfect reason to hate a show and the best bait they can post about it.

Gargantia got off with a slap on the wrist. "Its boring" is the best they could come up with. Its almost a merit of quality that they couldnt find something worse to say.
>>
File: amy-noscale.jpg (177 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
amy-noscale.jpg
177 KB, 1920x1080
>>13965386
Is Not-sicaƤ any good?
>>
It's a show that is an allegory for the Japanese education system, it's inherent flaws and the struggles people face when exiting it.

If you expect Epic Space Warz instead of that, you'd probably walk away disappointed or something. Or you're kinda dumb.
>>
>>13965534

Sort of. She has a job and she does it pretty well. She is the primary love interest, but she doesn't do most of the usual grating bullshit that comes with that. She isn't obsessively clingy, unreasonably aggressive, or a constant damsel in distress. She just wants the best for her and her brother, and eventually the MC as well.
>>
>>13965536
The allegory was badly done and the show was very dumb
>>
It was okay. The best part was of course Sugitabot. I haven't seen the Meguru Koro Haruka OVAs and, thinking about it, I don't know if I want to because Sugitabot won't be there.
>>
>>13965498
Found the retard.
>>
>>13965386
Because the central point of the show is "Get out and do something with your life".
>>
>>13965560

The OVAs are pretty good. Sugitabot is gone, but he is frequently mentioned in conversation and appears in flashbacks a couple of times. Its basically impossible to talk to Ledo without Chamber coming up in the conversation eventually. Chamber was basically his robot-dad, and losing him as left a similar hole in Ledo's life.

Watch the OVA's if you want to see what Ledo's life turns into after the end of the show, some more exploration and worldbuilding for the setting, and the introduction of the conflict that will be the basis of season 2 if we ever get a season 2. Its probably not what you think it will be, since its not Alliance-related.
>>
>>13965525

> There is literally nothing on /m/ that everyone will agree is good.

That's hardly limited to /m/, 4chan or even the internet in general. We might make it more obvious, but it still exists pretty much everywhere else.
>>
>>13965498
I've hear this one before.
>>13965590
Lame.
>>
Is this the most current shitposting thread?
>>
File: uiAODK5.jpg (505 KB, 562x800) Image search: [Google]
uiAODK5.jpg
505 KB, 562x800
>>13965592
>if we ever get a season 2.
We're not, IIRC. What would have been season 2 was turned into a LN. Can't discount the idea that it'll get adapted later, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Pic related.
>>
>>13965594

Sure, but in most places its still not anywhere near as fractured and toxic as /m/ is. Most people are willing to agree that certain movies are good. Not everyone will like them, but they are still widely regarded as being good movies.

/m/ instead has small groups of people who defend a show with their dying breath, a bunch of people who will begrudgingly admit that watching it PROBABLY won't give them HIV, and vocal attack jerks who want to make sure no one leaves the thread without knowing how much their opinion that you don't watch the show matters.

All three groups exist out in the wild, but /m/ has a much more active number, and indeed an implicit acceptance of, the third group.
>>
>>13965592
Also if you have a weak spot for bro-bots sacrificing themselves for pilots they care about, the OVA will probably kick you in the feels as well
>>
>>13965629
Meta posts like this one are the gayest shit imaginable. Please get off this website.
>>
>>13965410

That wasn't the reason, it was because Chamber went full murderdeathkill on all the pirates.
>>
Watched it 1.5 times

Broest tier mech
>>
>>13965629

It's only noticable because /m/ doesn't have a big populaton.
>>
Don't
There happu?
>>
File: bellows ridget.jpg (1 MB, 2144x3036) Image search: [Google]
bellows ridget.jpg
1 MB, 2144x3036
Watch it for Ridget
>>
>>13965806
Salsa?
>>
>>13965410
Dude. I don't even like Gargantia and I think that plot point was solid. Look up how warfare looked like in some pre-western civilization african societies. More of a show of arms/strength than actual battle. Then come Ledo and Chamber and escalate the situation while meaning well.

And it's true that Chamber could wreck all the pirates by himself but here's the thing - at this point Gargantia has no reason to trust them. The two could just fuck off and leave them to handle the escalated mess for all they know.
>>
>>13965386
You come into the show expecting space battles and what you get is comfy borderline slice of life instead.

And then when you actually adapt to it and find that the show is actually fun for what it is, it pulls a stupid Urobuchi twist out of nowhere and does the "X thing is morally wrong because Character is Sad" bullshit.
>>
>>13965386
It's worth watching, it just get's drastically worse once the plot starts.
>>
File: Ridget.jpg (81 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Ridget.jpg
81 KB, 1280x720
>>13965806
My nigga
>>
>>13965615

amy should be pregnant in this pic.
>>
>>13965478
Go to hell, tin can
>>
>>13965615
I wonder why Female Ledo wears a Nazi uniform if all the original had was a spacesuit. The alliance struck me as too utilitarian to waste resources on frivolities like snazzy uniforms.
>>
Anyone have a webm of Amy's solo dance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1uGnIdBFOA
>>
File: Ignite.jpg (70 KB, 500x689) Image search: [Google]
Ignite.jpg
70 KB, 500x689
>>13966013
She could be in the first trimester.

>>13966026
That's because she's not part of the Alliance. She and Male Amy are part of opposing land-based nations.

There's a couple pics of the LN illustrations floating about, would anyone want me to post them?
>>
>>13966236
Yes please. Wasn't the LN supposed to be released in the west at some point?
>>
File: 18-5-.jpg (124 KB, 522x1500) Image search: [Google]
18-5-.jpg
124 KB, 522x1500
>>13966242
>Wasn't the LN supposed to be released in the west at some point?
Not sure.

Anyway, I'll post some design roughs first along with some info from a blog.

>The design rough depicts Ledo two years after the previous original video anime (OVA) project, when he is 18 years old.
>>
File: 4S2ZIqDl.jpg (39 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
4S2ZIqDl.jpg
39 KB, 600x450
>>13966257
The story:

>Russell, a boy who makes his living off of chasing whale-squids in the oceans off of the land nation Liberistan, meets a strange entity called Liv in the depths of the water. Using Liv's power to greatly increase the control over a Yunboro, Russel is determined to succeed in life in a safe land.
>On the other hand, Sukaya, the daughter of the cabinet minister of the opposing nation Augustonia, was exhausted from her days in which her efforts would not bear fruit. However, her situation changes when the humanoid robot Ignite awakens and chooses her as its pilot.
>A boy who holds hope for the land, and a girl who seeks freedom. And so, a new story begins to move in the various lands that the giant ship Gargantia travels to.

>The novel sequel is based on the scenario for the planned second anime season, which the staff could not produce due to "various circumstances." Bandai Visual publicity producer YÅ«ji Hirooka added that the keyword for the sequel is "land," and that it will be the conclusion of Ledo's story.
>>
File: 03.jpg (36 KB, 350x700) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
36 KB, 350x700
>>13966262
Forgot to add, that's Amy.

>The Akiba Blog website also posted design roughs for the planned second season's hero Russell, a bright, uninhibited boy
>>
File: 04.jpg (44 KB, 350x750) Image search: [Google]
04.jpg
44 KB, 350x750
>>13966266
>The heroine is Sukaya, a silver-haired girl in a military uniform
>She pilots the humanoid mecha Ignite (see >>13966236)
>>
File: 1452953226519ayasa.jpg (2 MB, 1440x6112) Image search: [Google]
1452953226519ayasa.jpg
2 MB, 1440x6112
>>13966279
>The Suisei no Garugantia ~Haruka, Kaikō no Tenchi~ Jō (Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet: The Distant, Accidentally Discovered World Part I) novel volume will ship on August 29. Daishiro Tanimura, who worked on scripts for both the original television anime series and the OVA, wrote the novel sequel. The anime's original character designer Hanaharu Naruko also worked on the character designs and illustrations for the sequel, and Makoto Ishiwata (Nitroplus) returned for the mechanic designs. Anime director Kazuya Murata supervised the project in cooperation with the Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet Production Committee.
>>
File: DU8IllC.jpg (78 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
DU8IllC.jpg
78 KB, 800x600
>>13966292
And I think that's it. Got one more pic of Ledo.
>>
>>13966292
>that first picture
shh, hideuze is sleeping
>>
File: eUGFLyFl.jpg (38 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
eUGFLyFl.jpg
38 KB, 600x450
>>13966298
>>
>>13966257
>>13966262
>>13966266
>>13966279
>>13966292
>>13966298
>>13966304
Cool. Thanks anon!
>>
So, are there any decent doujin for this?
>>
>>13966236

>Chamber
>Striker
>Muzzle
>Ignite
>Machine Caliber

Motherfucker I just got that.
>>
>>13966470
http://exhentai.org/g/620957/82df389e48/
>>
>>13966262
I'm guessing this was like Season 2 of PsychoPass and the Gaim sequels, no Urobuchi writing it.
>>
>>13966513
>http://exhentai.org/g/620957/82df389e48/
I was hoping for Ridget, but thanks anyways
>>
File: LHrQYCN.jpg (407 KB, 1697x2000) Image search: [Google]
LHrQYCN.jpg
407 KB, 1697x2000
>>13966236
Speaking of which, have someone any pictures of "Chamber`s" prototype from the OVA?
>>
File: 754cbf5fa0d8.jpg (60 KB, 426x457) Image search: [Google]
754cbf5fa0d8.jpg
60 KB, 426x457
Another great model :)
>>
>>13965386
It will never get a S2 and your dick will hate that.
>>
>>13965386
No, watch it, it's great.
>>
>>13965478
Chamber was right.
>>
File: ed5[1].png (243 KB, 600x478) Image search: [Google]
ed5[1].png
243 KB, 600x478
>>13966304
>>13966298
>>13966292
>>13966279
>>13966266
>>13966262
>>13966257
>>13966236
This great and I want it animated. Now.
>>
>>13966019
Chamber was the broest of bros
>>
>>13965629
>>13965757
Some meta every now and then isn't bad. Not paying attention to that stuff is what caused this mess to begin with. Sticking our heads in the sand will only make things worse.

It's the same with "not feeding the trolls" from a decade ago, instead of going away the trolls became so "normal" that people started thinking that was the norm. And now we have this toxic shit everywhere.
>>
>>13967297
>I can't handle people saying things I disagree with!
This isn't reddit, fuck off.
>>
>>13967132
this caption though.

the beginning of the series showed a coexistence between boat people and squid-people; as far as they avoided each other they got along.

Chamber is biased because his entire existence is still centred around the space dwelling hideauze being too far gone to save. Even with his learning of the past, present and likely future he is technically from, and understanding that humanity IS the Hideauze, he is still at the core, at odds with that species.

It would be nigh impossible for him to come to such a conclusion had he gotten a balanced view of the situation from the start.
>>
>>13967319
See this is what I mean. idiots like this guy, who have nothing of value to add to any conversation, are the norm.

It's all just dumb meme speak like "GTFO newfag" and wanna be smart sarcasm.

But whatever, it's not like it's going to change anyway.
>>
>>13967323
>have nothing of value to add to any conversation
Whereas all of your whiny meta posts were completely on-topic, right? Again, fuck off.
>>
>>13966304

look at this fucking operator.
>>
>>13965770
>>13965855
No matter what point in history you're talking about, if you take rape slaves from people who have the ability to kill you then they're going to kill you. That's practically the definition of war for a pretty big chunk of history. Hell, that's the Trojan War in a nutshell.

Also, how exactly were the pirates going to retaliate after they were all dead? Even if some of them escaped, what was their rallying cry to raise a new pirate army? "Guys, this one fleet wrecked our shit with a flying space robot that shoots lasers. Literally one fucking guy killed our entire fleet. People's heads were exploding and shit. We had no way to defend ourselves or fight back at all. You know what we should do? We should all get together and go fight that, for pride and shit and no discernible reward that we couldn't get from attacking a fleet with no killer space robots!"
>>
Just don't go in blindly thinking it's a dumb bug war feature like some people did and you should be fine.
>>
>>13967603
>Also, how exactly were the pirates going to retaliate after they were all dead?

There are more pirates and they did not know about Chamber to count on the protection it provided against them.
>>
>>13967921
*enough
>>
>>13967603
The problem with the situation wasn't that Ledo and Chamber went off to defend the excavation team or even killed while doing so (even though later Bellows went on a tangent about sanctity of life yadda yadda - fuck Bellows, this show's writing turns to shit whenever it tries to be preachy).

The problem is that Chamber escalated by doing so. He didn't have to ANNIHILATE everyone and everything. He could have start wrecking shit and make a show of strength and the pirates would have fled. This type of conflict is not fought to complete annihilation of one side - even modern conflicts rarely are. But having fought a war of total genocide of either one side or another, neither Chamber nor Ledo know that.

Also you're mixing up in character knowledge with what the viewers know. We know that Chamber is totally overpowered and can wipe out all the pirates - but they don't know that. As far as they know, he's just a really powerful custom yunboro like the one Lukkage has, just one that can also somehow fly. And that yunboro completely obliterated their whole raiding force so now they need to strike back, because if they do nothing about it then they will look like weak shit and lose all reputation if word spreads - and it will.
>>
>>13967943
Looks like atleast someone used their brain.
>>
>>13967943

Don't forget that the only living people that REALLY understand how powerful Chamber is are the ones that saw the attack firsthand and survived. So Bellows and her crew, and and a couple of pirates that escaped the slaughter.

Bellows is pretty horrified by what she saw, and the surviving pirate even flat out tells Lukkage "We can't fight this thing". But Lukkage and the Gargantia command staff both fail to grasp exactly how powerful Chamber is because they didn't see it firsthand. They know it was strong enough to kill the pirates, but they did't get to see just how easy that was. They don't even know what lasers are, much less that Chamber can aimbot with dozens of them at a time.

Its like the difference in scale seen with the invention of the atom bomb. Its impossible to grasp just how much more powerful than a conventional explosive it is through word of mouth alone, you have to see footage for yourself for the fear of god to properly settle into your bones.
>>
Chamber turned a skirmish situation into total war. He brought a gun to a knife fight. If you don't understand why that's bad, then you're just plain retarded.
>>
>>13968142

>a gun

More like a tactical nuke. The end of the series with Kugel and Striker is a good indication of what could have happened to Gargantia had Ledo not developed (or further developed) a conscience. Hell, Striker was more powerful than Chamber and rampant to boot. It's a miracle that it didn't unleash everything it had right from the get-go.
>>
>>13969033

Striker was not rampant. It was just following its orders to the best of its ability. The orders themselves were much too grand in scope and were a poor idea, but Striker's implementation of them was as sound as could be hoped for.
>>
>>13969047
This is correct. Chamber got to collect a lot more data about the planet before having to act independently.
>>
>>13969033
>The end of the series with Kugel and Striker is a good indication of what could have happened to Gargantia had Ledo not developed (or further developed) a conscience.

When Gargantia was airing, didn't some people on /m/ say Ledo should annihilate all pirates, take over Gargantia and use it as his own personal support base/harem while he establishes dominance over the technologically inferior natives?

And then the Kugel thing happened.
>>
>>13969047

Didn't it go on about machine superiority or its dominance over the cult fleet during its fight with Ledo and Chamber? I know Chamber expressed something similar, but he worded it more like "impulsive humans need the support of logical machines" as opposed to Striker's "inferior humans need to be ruled by superior machines."
>>
>>13969073

Not exactly. Striker was a religious figure that was serving the same function as a god: that which was to be worshiped and obeyed without question. The desired outcome of this was the betterment of humankind, according to the Alliances definition of 'betterment'.

But it only enacted this plan as a result of the order given to it by Kugel. Indeed, in one of the extra episodes (which follows Kugel's time on Earth) Kugel was already enacting this plan himself before he died. All Striker was doing was carrying on the mission that had been given to her by her pilot prior to his death.
If Kugel had still been alive, the only difference would have been Kugel not being a hologram. That, and Ledo might have had some kind of chance to talk him out of it. Talking Striker down was never a real possibility, because that would mean abandoning the mission objective Kugel had given her, which is not how pilot support programs work.
>>
>>13965386
Watch the first and last eps since they have the most to offer.

I am too lazy to type spoilers for the entire middle. Just wikipedia it.
>>
>>13969047

It doesn't follow the exact concepts of Rampancy, but I think it's pretty close - Striker had been autonomous long enough that it had evolved to a straight up messianistic state.

The main difference is that Striker didn't evolve to that state alone, but did so based on the influence of it's pilot. But it did take that influences and extrapolate them to it's own logical conclusion, even overriding it's primary directives.

If I remember right Chamber calls this the greatest inherent flaw of their design - prolonged exposure to poor judgement made by pilots leads them to increasingly dangerous logic failures themselves.
>>
>>13967943
>and it will.
And it did since they got reduced to unwilling underlings to the cult at the end
>>
>>13967322
He is biased because of his original programing was made by the poeple who actually initiated the whole clusterfuck, the original Hideauze wanted to evolve and be able to live in space because the conditions on earth were going to be pretty hard on normal humans but people got creeped out and tried to kill them with the Hideauze inventing the wormhole tech to escape the humans and let them deal wit hthe consequences of being cosmic dicks
>>
>>13965615
>We're not, IIRC. What would have been season 2 was turned into a LN
FUCKING WHY
>>
>>13969115
I don't think Striker was still all there though, as Ledo said he was the highest ranking officer on the planet and she should follow his orders like Chamber did bit she chose to not do that and go on her rampage
>>
File: 1454886030186.jpg (38 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
1454886030186.jpg
38 KB, 403x403
>>13965478
Chamber a best
>>
>>13969712
Nice revisionist bullshit. The Hideauze were the ones who instigated the conflict. They were trying to force evolve humans into space squids well before they were attacked. Also, it was the Humans who invented the wormhole tech and escaped the Hideauze who were trying to rob them of their humanity. The Hideauze are 110% in the wrong.
>>
>>13965386
It is an alright show but I was personally disappointed by it and it does indeed have its flaws. My biggest complaint is that the main antagonist are all Saturday morning cartoon levels of evil. It's just impossible to take them seriously in any way. The show tries to portray this grey morality and moral equivalence but it just doesn't work.
>>
I like the little SD segments for the episodes.
>>
>>13971136

As Chamber shows, Ridget is simply the best.
>>
>>13971102
Don't forget that the hideauze actually stalked humanity across the universe. They are genocidal scum.
>>
File: Chamber_broest of bros.png (2 MB, 800x1680) Image search: [Google]
Chamber_broest of bros.png
2 MB, 800x1680
>>13967264
>>
>>13971232
Amy is so cute in chibi form
>>
>>13971102
Nice Union propaganda!

The Evolvers established a free nation state to conduct their research into evolving humanity for life on the frozen Earth and space without interference, but an alliance of nations that became the Union unilaterally bombed them. Nations who supported the Evolvers defended them. Evolvers weren't forcing anybody, they were attacked purely because they wanted to change themselves.

By the time climate situation worsed the Union and Evolver ally states were in mutual total war against each other, and the Evolvers found out Union had developed Wormhole tech *and* had rigged it to destroy itself so it was a one-way exit from Earth, stranding the Evolvers. Evolvers had no intention of being trapped on Earth.

ALSO: the only time we see the situation in the future, humans are not being 'stalked', they're launching devastating surprise attacks against non-hostile Hideauze nests.
>>
>>13971277
Striker best waifu.
>>
>>13971277
I'm still upset that Ledo didn't talk to it
>>
>>13972306

He was busy being operator as fuck and saving his waifu.

It still cracks me up that, when Amy gets kidnapped, Ledo doesn't have any expectation of Muzzle being useful in any way. His plan was to go and fight a boat with multiple kidnappers on board, and possibly one or more battleships, with just his spacegun.

And you know what? I am like halfway certain that if he REALLY wanted to, he actually could sink a ship using that gun. Maybe not quickly, but just cut a bunch of holes in the side of the ship and let merciful Poseidon take care of the rest.

Its a holdout weapon for blasting Hideazu that have breached your cockpit. If it can kill a space Hideazu, you have to be able to do some serious damage with it.
>>
>>13971299
Self righteous cunt she is
>>
>>13972343
Literally did nothing wrong.
>>
>>13971102
Did you fucking wathc the show? They went to buttfuck middle of nowhere to do their research with anyone who wanted to help them while every other country was going apeshit and later when they unveiled their answer by showing a guy going out on space without a suit they were bombed to hell and back, breaking into a fuckign war between peopel who supported them and the ones who didn't and when thye had enough they set out to make a wormhole and leave the normal humans to eat dirt but got attacked and the war escalated yet again with the humans becoming fucking monsters in human form who rule their populace with a iron hand because they will never admit they fucked up their one chance with the Hideauze simply responding in kind for all the bullshit they had to deal with for thousand of years, the most you can say is that the one who stayed on earth went feral after all that time and even then I wonder if there isn't a pocket of them living as a normal civilization on earth
>>
>>13972379
The hideauze literally followed the escaping humans through the worm hole in order to kill them all off. They are aggressors. They are animals.
>>
>>13972395
After they got attacked while building it, if you were building your escape raft and some nigger attacked would you just let him escape with the fruits of your labor? I would have follwoed and killed the fucker, they were not wrong for wanting bloody vengeace on the chucklefucks who attacked them and let the rest of humanity rot
>>
>>13972399
The hideauze didn't build it.
>>
>>13972479
Oh yeah I just rewatched and you're right, though it manages to make shit worse for both sides, with the COntinental Union just attacking them out of nowhere a bunch of times and trying to bar them from colonizing space and later with the Union building the wormhole tech but rigging with a whole bumb of bombs that were supposed to blow up once they passed it but there were already some Evolvers got weird on their pursuit of survival
>>
>>13966262
> the land nation Liberistan
> a safe land
> nation Augustonia
> the land
> the various lands that the giant ship Gargantia travels to
Goddamn it, why wasn't this made?! All the references to land nations and their political stuff is what saved the OVAs. Why, god, why? It would've been great!
>>
>>13972769
Because we can't have nice things. Maybe we might get an adaptation of the LN in the distant future.
>>
>>13972769

I like that the sea people in Gargantia don't bother to learn the names of any of the land nations. They just refer to them all as 'Land'.

Because everyone on Land is always fighting everyone else on Land for control of Land. From the perspective of the Land nations, the sea people are primitive nomads that don't have any good tech aside from what limited shit they can cobble together from scrap. From the perspective of the sea people, Land is a bunch of infighting jerks who are warlike and dangerous, but as long as you don't go anywhere near them they are too busy killing each other to be a problem for you. You might find a group on land who isn't jerks, sure, but then you come back 20 years later and that group has been taken over some their jerk neighbors next door, and its a whole new ball game.
>>
Light novels sell better than anime in terms of how much you have to risk with an investment. Face it, most anime has just become advertisements for games and books.
>>
>>13969154
Striker didn't exactly evolve, it was just an AI that was used to do something outside of its intended scope. They weren't meant to run societies, but to assist single members to fit into a specific society and to fulfill the criterias it set up as the minimum hurdle everybody has to clear before they're allowed to reproduce.

Likewise, Chambers didn't evolve, it was Ledo who slowly moved away from being dead set of living his life out according to the tenents of their space nazi nation and Chambers did what he was programmed to - support him in that. The observations he had the time to make allowed him to juged Ledo's fitness in relation to the society he was going to try to fit into.
>>
>>13972919
This was one of the things I enjoyed best about Chamber/Striker. Neither of them ended up with the self-aware machine cliche that you see so often and instead acted purely by their own internal logic according to their mission like they're supposed to.

Say what you will about the GA, but they build some damn good machinery.
>>
>>13972769

You should calm down on those exclamation points and question marks, newfriend.
>>
>>13972843
>anime has just become advertisements for games and books
>implying it hasn't been like that from the beginning, at least in regards to books
>>
>>13972951
Can't a man be passionate about something?
>>
>>13972843
> Face it, most anime has just become advertisements for games and books.
And music CDs. And uncensored BDs. And certain snapping plastic toys.
>>
File: 1370783410362.jpg (297 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1370783410362.jpg
297 KB, 1920x1080
>>13972939
It is their main strength.
Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.