[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About three episodes in. So tell me straight. I love what I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (166 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166 KB, 800x600
About three episodes in. So tell me straight.

I love what I've seen so far. Does it shit the bed in the second cour?
>>
Why are you asking? Are you just gonna drop it if we tell you it gets bad? You already started it, so just watch it through and form your own opinion.
>>
>>13959272
First 7 episodes are boss. Then Episode 8 is about Sheryl Nome chasing the mascot who stole her panties. Everything from that point is kind of hated by /m/ up until the final battle. People seem to like that.
>>
>>13959275

I dropped plenty of shows about 9 episodes in. Gundam Wing is a fine example of a few really good episodes before just going off the wall. Plus, like >>13959280 said.
>>
>>13959272
watch the movies and DONT WATCH DELTA IS THE SHITEST MACROSS EVER
>>
>>13959393
This but backwards
>>
>>13959288
Make it to episode 28 of Wing, then drop it.

Trust me, it gets a second wind.
>>
>>13959393
>>13959420
>dropping anything
opinion disregarded
>>
>>13959280
Speak for yourself, I like the middle of the series plenty.
>>
>>13959280
>Everything from that point is kind of hated by /m/
Speak for yourself
>>
>>13959272
No it's good and stays good. Watch the movies afterwards.
>>
>>13959393
You're the same guy who keeps making those threads on /a/ because he watched the YT video of just solely the girls and hasn't watched the episode because he thinks it's going to destroy his belief in Macross or some shit aren't you? I can tell from the caps.
>>
>>13959393
>not completed yet
>still has room to turn out to be Macross Symphogear
I'm going to wait.
>>
>>13959424
Fucking this, the only thing I've ever dropped was ImoCho because I just could not put myself through any more of that absolute abomination of a TV eroge. And I LIKE that kind of thing.
>>
>>13959272
>I love what I've seen so far. Does it shit the bed in the second cour?

Just know that Kawamori did a home run with Frontier. It's the best the Macross franchise has ever been. Even Min ehm Ranka-Lee comes across as a better adult than Minmey. And Sheryl is hot. Burning hot. The tv series and the films are great even though they treat things differently. The bad thing about Frontier is that an anime like this comes about once in a generation. So enjoy it to the fullest extent possible. And yeah, the second half goes into full mode war.
>>
>>13959459
>It's the best the Macross franchise has ever been
>Frontier is better than DYRL

Nope
>>
>>13959471
>Nope

Yes it is. SDF Macross is ridiculous with 2 stupid main characters and a third one that's half stupid/dense as the other two. DYRL is SDF but worse because of trying to condense/redo a 39 episode series into a 2 hour film. And the characters are as dense as those in the tv series. Macross Plus is something I guess but it ain't Macross. Macross Zero is too much new age and retcons some things Macross-fags don't like. Macross 7 is fantastic but too crazy for all Macross-fags. That leaves Macross Frontier. Good animation, good story, great characters, no autistic/kids running around. War/tragedy/comedy all folded into one. It's a winner. Nothing can touch Frontier.
>>
>>13959444
no, i'm the one who wanted something dark like Zero.
>>
>>13959499
and macross Delta seems to follow macross 7.
>>
>>13959272
Frontier is a gateway Macross of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping faggotry and idolshit. The normal anon can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The super pretty characters all trying their hardest to look toyetic, the songs, peculiar, colorful concerts, the whole idol faggotry and everything about the Frontier world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on dreams, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Frontier is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase known to /m/, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every anon to troll the fuck out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Frontier threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.
>>
File: really nigga.png (361 KB, 704x528) Image search: [Google]
really nigga.png
361 KB, 704x528
>>13959499
>this is what frontier fags actually think
>>
File: 34d.jpg (22 KB, 600x501) Image search: [Google]
34d.jpg
22 KB, 600x501
>>13959539
i bet your favourite macross is 7
>>
File: 1450672733.jpg (112 KB, 505x422) Image search: [Google]
1450672733.jpg
112 KB, 505x422
>>13959553
>not recognizing pasta
>>
>>13959539
Do you like Macross Delta?
>>
No. It actually gets good during the second half.
>>
>>13959559
NEITHER. Like i said, the movies are better.
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 480x442) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 480x442
>>13959553

>Steven Universe
>One Joke Man

You're in no position buddy.
>>
>>13959603
you neither for recognizing them.
>>
As a /tg/ person, I really like that episode where they just travel around the Frontier. It's a lot of fluff, but it makes the place seem much more real when the characters are just walking around Space San Francisco and visiting that macro-mall and farm.

It does show hints of where things are going and all that jazz, but I just like it.
>>
>>13959619
of course you will like it. It doesn't make sense for someone who like Macross SDF to hate Frontier because they reused a lot of thing from it.
>>
I wouldn't say that it shits itself, but Ranka is written horribly, and she hogs the focus throughout probably 1/3rd of the show. She would have been cute as a supporting character who has regular interactions with the rest of the cast, like she was in the earlier episodes.

I still like Macross Frontier, though.

>>13959451

I don't think that anyone was saying "Macross Symphogear" before the preview was out.

Goddamn, I'm hyped.
>>
>>13959628
That's like saying it doesn't make sense for someone who liked MSG to hate seed because they reused a lot of things from it.
>>
>>13959451
how is it like Symphogear?

>>13959539
F has the best songs and the best ost.
>>
>>13959667

CUHRAYZEE action with cute girls.
>>
>>13959667
>SDF has the best songs and the best ost.
ftfy
>>
>>13959677
is more similar to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLcYPw_ifwY
>>
>>13959691
>No Yoko Kano
F ost > SDF ost
>>
>>13959701
It's got aspects of both
>>
>>13959628
What episode like that was in SDF?
>>
>>13959701
it makes sense because they're both from him.
>>
>>13959420
>Wing
>second wind

I marathon'd the whole thing and it never fucking shows up.
>>
>>13959701

It was more fast paced and intense than AKB0048's action.

I've been calling it Macross X Symphogear X AKB0048 ever since the preview aired, though. Three things that I happen to like a lot.
>>
>>13959701
Why didn't they call it AKB0048? Because it has a macross?
>>
>>13959715
none. i meant It's the closest to SDF in tone
>>
Why does it feel like the only thing some people saw from Delta was the one song with the idols and not the whole thing
>>
>>13959741
Because it's the only memorable moment from the episode?
>>
>>13959667
Singing mecha musume. If the lead girl starts punching shit it's LITERALLY symphogear at that point.
>>
>>13959735
But
>of course you will like it. It doesn't make sense for someone who like Macross SDF to hate Frontier because they reused a lot of thing from it.
Is fucking stupid
>>
>>13959741

Because that's where I went from being sort of neutral on the episode to having a big smile on my face.
>>
>>13959667
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ICCCbPvx14
>>
>>13959729
They don't want to get sued, and in the end the akb48 themes were only holding back the anime
>>
Delta remind me of Ar tonelico: https://youtu.be/r2emXePeR0g?t=1236
>>
>>13959790

>in the end the akb48 themes were only holding back the anime

Seriously. I fucking hated the AKB48 cocksucking.

Yeah, the members of a manufactured fad group that don't even so much as sneeze in public unless their managers tell them to are going to ascent into godhood and pass on their amazing artistic spirits to successors and power space travel.

The general elections were also the worst arc in the show by a long shot. I didn't feel like I was watching AKB0048. It felt like I was watching a boring mess devoid of any drama that I actually cared about.

AKB0048 would have been better if every idol group present were completely fictional. At least you can buy that the members of a fictional idol group were so artistically talented and hard working that their spirits powered generations to come. After all, they're not real, so who are we to say that they don't have a prominent spot among that universe's all time greats in musical history?
>>
>>13959905
>>13959790
I agree (especially the election arc shit, I don't think anybody liked that) but it was still good and I wish it had gotten a Final Stage

As much as I didn't care for how much it was tied to the real group, I did love how much fanservice and an unbelievably amount of research was done for the anime about it. And the /a/ threads helped me learn stuff about it. Granted after the show finished, I didn't give a shit about the group anymore but it's commendable for the efforts
>>
>>13959691
>>SDF has the best songs and the best ost.

No lol. No no no.
Fire Bomber and Sheryl shit all over Minmay
>>
>>13959994
>lol
fuck off
>>
>>13959994
>No lol. No no no.
Are you 12
>>
File: From Sheryl with love.....gif (893 KB, 500x249) Image search: [Google]
From Sheryl with love.....gif
893 KB, 500x249
>>13960010

Keep your stupid airhead waifu Minmay and let adults enjoy Sheryl.
>>
>>13960184
>adult = liking sluts
>>
>>13959564
Better story, worse final battle.
>>
>>13959660
>VFs as relics.
>punching. Lots of 171's punching things.
> megadeth misiles

> reasigning Saturn to third largest planet in solar system.

Hype indeed.
>>
>>13960366
>Hype indeed.
ironic?
>>
>>13960184
best girl
>>
>>13960502
In a sense that it won't happen like this and at the most we might get some macloned action here and there. Truth is , Frontier formula sells, as akb0048 did, so Delta surely will follow. I am not afraid about execution eighter, nor production values.
But it won't be bold enough to punch mountains.
Then again, Armored Klan is a thing and reaction warheads can be attached to superpack booster..
>>
>>13959393
>Don't watch the show that isn't even out yet!
>>
your thought on macross Zero and II?
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.