[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has any other mobile suit ever had a weapon as strong as the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5
File: Gx-9901-dx-cannon.jpg (923 KB, 1451x1842) Image search: [Google]
Gx-9901-dx-cannon.jpg
923 KB, 1451x1842
Has any other mobile suit ever had a weapon as strong as the satellite cannon? For the record, let's only count suits tha are canon within their own timelines, so nothing like the novel version of Turn A
>>
>implying the black history wasn't mentioned in the anime
>>
>>13956704
it's not the same as the black history in novel that mentions the psyco gundams ("black doll") and whatnot
>>
>>13956700
G-Self's Proton torpedoes
00's trans-am raiser
Victory's Wings of light (if used correctly)
Virsago Chestbreak's satellite cannon
>>
>>13956711

Moonlight Butterfly still destroys terrestrial civilization in the anime, which is stronger than the twin satellite canon.
>>
The Zeta Gundam
>>
>>13956877
Satellite cannon could nip Moonlight Butterfly in the bud.
>>
>>13956882

It's eats missile explosions in the anime and the destruction of civilization is more than the twin satellite cannon ever does, so yea, it's a more destructive weapon.
>>
>>13956890
>It's eats missile explosions
Yeah, it is eats conventional missiles. Don't pretend for even a second that the satellite cannon is anything like that.
>>
>>13956899

It could be, it probably isn't, but we don't know. It is however capable of greater and more widespread destruction and a stronger and more versatile weapon. Even the anime version is better than the twin satellite cannon.
>>
>>13956909
>It could be
Dude, no. Have you fucking seen Gundam X? Do you know what the satellite cannon does?
>>
>>13956890
Turn A can also erect a ridiculous I-Field.

Chances are that if Turn A went up against Double-X, the nano-machines would probably reach and eradicate the Double-X before the I-Field were overloaded.
>>
>>13956910

> It probably isn't.

I don't think you understand me. Yes, Ive seen X. I still think the anime Moonlight Butterfly is stronger. And that there's no reason to assume firing the Twin Satellite Cannon would stop a back mounted weapon capable of deploying in less than a second under any circumstances and of both self regeneration and eating energy. Not to mention that it is, by its nature, rather ethereal and basically a cloud within seconds (even in the anime) and long after the cannon has fired.
>>
>>13956700
Let's see...

After Colony: Wing Zero Twin Buster Rifle, capable of destroying a entire colony. For a more destructive power (but also "this-is-not-animated-so-is-not-canon" kinda of way), the Glory of Losers manga introduced the Drei Zwerg, which can be combined with the Twin Buster to form the Drei Zwerg Buster.

Future Century:
>>"Those hands of ours are burning red!"
>>"Their loud cries tells us..."
>>"To grasp happiness!"
>>"BAKUNETSU!"
>>"GOD.. FINGER...!"
>>"Seki!"
>>"Ha!"
>>"LOVE LOVE... TENKYOKEN!!!"

Cosmic Era: eeehhh... not much portable here. Not even Jesus Yamato beam spam can alright destroy a colony that easy. I would imagine the Gerbera Straight doing some nasty damage to one of those, but its user would never do it and only he can swing the thing.

Anno Domini: Now here there is some interessing things due to TRANS-AM hax. Lets say... by the movie, Raphael Gundam cannons blew up a ELS infested vessel, and Setsuna is fond of forming colossal beam swords with the 00 Raiser and Quanta, but the biggest damage I seen is slice a cut into the ELS planet-thingy.

Advanced Generation: Plasma Diver Missile, nearly used by Grandpa Flit to exterminate all the Vegans! (Specifically, Second Moon, which is a lot bigger than a normal colony). Something YOU can do without remorse in Super Robot Wars BX, but only once per stage.

Post Disaster: Nothing so far, but the moon got fucked by SOMETHING and there is still some Gundam frames out there, so maybe next season?

I not well-versed in the Universal Century stuff, so no comments there.
>>
>>13956920
>and of both self regeneration and eating energy
The self regeneration part isn't that strong, it took days to repair the bent mustache. It's not like the Devil Gundam where it can just grow parts of itself back in seconds like a robotic starfish. Eating energy? Debatable. If it had tanked one of the nukes there'd be no argument, but your average mobile suit missile is peanuts. Hell, any mobile suit can tank missiles by hunching over and putting its arms up over its face while the protagonist screams in terror.
>>
>>13956949

It tanks a missile barrage by eating the entire thing with the Moonlight Butterfly as Shields, energy and all. Not by raising it's arms. None of which answers why the Twin Satellite Cannon would be stronger. It certainly isn't more versatile, since it can't be used as shields, thrusters, a beam sword, nuclear energy absoption and so on - just a gun. A good one granted, but not as versatile.
>>
Saying the satellite cannon is more powerful than the Butterfly because you could just shoot the Turn A is like saying an anti-air gun would me powerful than the Little Boy if it shot down the Enola Gay.
>>
>>13956878
That Bio-sensor man
>>
>>13956860
>Victory's Wings of light (if used correctly)

Really? Even at max strength, I'm not sure if it could be that destructive.
>>
Is UNDERSTANDING a weapon?
>>
>>13957052

It's a point of view or mindset presumably.
>>
>>13957051
Uso pushed the Wings of Light at maximum output once and created massive wings, enemies flew through and between the wings, and Uso somehow knocked out just about every enemy with precision cuts to disable them all.
>>
Neo Zeong can make guns disappear.
>>
>>13957161
And the RX-78 can shapeshift.
>>
>>13957131
How did that happen exactly?
Do the WoL absorb minovsky particles from the engines or something?
Or do they cause enough interference as to shut down their engines completly?
>>
>>13957171
F91 can create temporary clones of itself.
>>
>>13957188
The Crossbone can make it's pilot breath in space.
>>
>>13957184
No, like I said, Uso knocked them all out with precision cuts. There are suits with their heads missing and guns separated from them lying on the ground after being knocked out by the WoL
>>
File: 1444959178474.png (103 KB, 424x320) Image search: [Google]
1444959178474.png
103 KB, 424x320
Unicorn at full newtype hax can shut down suits and stop a colony laser, so possibly an ultimate shield suit?

Also as shown by the Neo Zeong battle it knows Nanto Sei Ken.
>>
>>13957219
>stop a colony laser
No it didn't, at least not by itself.
>>
>>13957232
yeah, it needed a second identical suit and the shield and the laser kept going past the three psycofields, although it was a lot smaller
>>
>>13957232
It's been a while but I seem to recall after it went full crystal newtype hacks it stopped the laser before it got to Banshee.
>>
>>13957272
at first the laser reached the banshee and shot a little bit past it, then riddhe got his shit together and willed the laser back so it stopped at his psycofield

it was clear that if riddhe's shit was even less together, the beam would have been wide enough to hit magellanica, but he had his shit together just enough to make it thin enough to miss the colony builder
>>
Double X without the SC is Mk II tier. What a shitty upgrade.
>>
>>13956925
CE has the Lohengrin Launcher which was mounted on the Blue Frame. The thing is pretty much the same positron cannon the Archangel has.
Then again, its a manga.
>>
>>13957298
I dunno, garrod took on that aerial fleet's forward unit by himself with just a beam sabre

he did get fucked up by the SRA, although I wonder if it was because he wasn't use to fighting in space
>>
>>13957300
it was much smaller, though, and it had that stupid crippling flaw that it couldn't be used without a NJC, and it -didn't- have a NJC.
>>
>>13956700
put Amuro Ray in any mobile suit, I can fucking guaranteed you that MS is now a god killer beyond the time machine.
>>
>>13957491
Only because that cheating shitlord has Lahla hiding him from beyond the grave. Anyone would be strong with Lahla standing behind them like a guardian spirit.
>>
>>13957051
V2 and Zanneck's mega beam launchers could also rip through fleets of ships.
>>
>>13957546
V2's beam launcher wasn't that crazy, but it could destroy a ship in one shot. Zanneck was pretty insane, the suit itself could be in upper atmosphere where it was almost space and rain hellfire down on cities.
>>
Gottrlatan's Mega Beam Cannon is basically a Twin Satellite Cannon, and only the Wings of Light really countered it.

Hell, the Wings of Light BLOCKED it.
>>
>>13959616

I don't think the Gottrlatan's that strong all things considered

It's capable of oneshotting anything in the series, but so are most weapons because of how fragile armor is by the time Victory rolls around

Gottrlatan's Mega Beam Cannon is notable in that it's one of the few beam weapons that's used to physically beat someone to death
>>
>>13959623
It fires it off-handedly at the Federation fleet and the entire fleet is just gone from like, across the world. That's pretty strong.
>>
>>13959659
What episode is that?
>>
>>13956920
If the turn a's moonlight butterfly is back mounted and sprays backwards surely double x would destroy it if the hit it head on. And the self regeneration couldn't do much if the entire suit has been turned to ash.
>>
>>13959693

The Moonlight Butterfly is, at least to a degree, obviously independent of the suit, so if it had spread beyond firing range by the time the Twin Satellite Cannon hit the Turn-A (assuming it could hit it at all, which there's no reason to do), which it would have given it's relative speed in comparison, then it could simply overwhelm the DX afterwards and reconstitute the suit, or do so independently.

Also, again, has done much more damage on screen, is more damaging theoretically and much more versatile. The back mounted part was to emphasize you can't see it "wind up" or anticipate it and can't hit it without hitting the suit.
>>
>>13957202
I knew Uso was a monster, but damn Imagine him in the turn A or Unicorn
>>
>>13959675
One of the last episodes. The Federation fleet shows up to support the Reinforce Jr and it just obliterates the fleet in one shot.
>>
>>13959693
>double x would destroy it if the hit it head on
I FEEEERUDO BARRIAAAAAAA
>>
What about weapons that can just destroy planets outright? I don't just mean sterilizing the surface but pulverizing the planet into gravel. What's the closest they've ever come?
>>
>>13964058
The energy to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of Newtypes.
>>
>>13964084
So newtypes can destroy planets?
>>
>>13957298
Well yeah, if you take a suit designed to do one thing and one thing alone and take out that one thing then of course it's going to suck.

The Double X is pretty interesting among gundams because it's effectively the endgame superweapon the villain usually gets. It is very good at nuking things into oblivion, and not that outstanding everywhere else.
>>
>>13956700
>anything can be more powerful than BEAM SPAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Hue
>>
>>13964084
>>13964105
And here, ladies and gentle/m/en, we have the reason why Star Wars Legends is no longer canon.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.