[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Mobile Suit Gundam SEED >Main Gundam is not named Gundam
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 18
File: Zgmf-x10a.jpg (31 KB, 300x418) Image search: [Google]
Zgmf-x10a.jpg
31 KB, 300x418
>Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
>Main Gundam is not named Gundam Seed

DROPPED
>>
Where are Gundams Char's Counterattack and the Trailblazer Gundam from the 00 Movie?
>>
>>13954317
I kinda had this reaction to Thunderbolt.

>main Gundam doesn't even have a name
>everyone just calls it "The Gundam"
>>
>At least I have become After War Gundam X

Brrraaaa na na na. Na na nuh na na na nuh nuh na.
>>
>>13954354
It's still early in UC, most of the Gundams are still only called Gundams. They did the same thing in 0080, 08th MS Team,, and 0083. Hell, even in F91 they decided to nickname the F91 as "Gundam".
>>
>Series is named after the first Gundam that the character only use in the first half and never use again

This bugs me more than it should.
>>
>>13954386
I really respect G Gundam for doing something new.
>>
>>13954354
It's the Full Armor Gundam.
>>
File: nostalgia transformation.webm (1 MB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
nostalgia transformation.webm
1 MB, 960x720
>Gundam Wing
>It's called the Wing Gundam
>>
>>13954317
>Gundam G no Reconguista
>Reconguista is bad guys' plan
PICKED UP.
>>
>After War Gundam X
>it's cancelled
>>
>>13954386
Literally only Victory does that.
>>
>Gundam AGE
>main gundam is named AGE
>main character AGEs through the story
>it's aimed toward kids of a younger AGE
>it will be quickly forgotten and not AGE well
sasuga sunrise
>>
>>13954491
I wonder if the OP/ED lyrics say anything about age.
>>
>>13954499
Music
Opening
"Asu e" by Galileo Galilei
"sharp #" by Negoto
"REAL" by ViViD
"AURORA" by Aoi Eir Source
Ending
"Kimi no Naka no Eiyuu" by Minami Kuribayashi
"My World" by SPYAIR
"WHITE justice" by Faylan
"forget-me-not ~Wasurenagusa~" by FLOWER Source
Insert
"Memorial Days" by KOKIA
"Kimi to Boku wa Soko ni Ita" by AiRI

judging by the titles, I am guessing not
>>
>>13954491
>Heroic Age
>about a kid named Age
>who is the Hero of the story
>he's also part of a race called 'Hero'
>it's also a Heroic time for humanity
>It's a Heroic Age for Age the Heroic Hero
>>
File: mb destiny.jpg (162 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
mb destiny.jpg
162 KB, 1280x1024
>>13954317
>Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny
>villain Gundam is named Destiny Gundam
>>
>>13954386

Gundam Mark II was such a good show.
>>
>>13954515
That is one faggoty pose
>>
>>13954518
That's one faggoty post.
>>
>Mobile Fighter G Gundam
>Named after the words that appear on the main suit's sword
Fucking next level
>>
>>13954517
>the sequel to Mobile Suit Gundam
>Mobile Suit Gundam (Mk) 2
Actually a pretty cool name
>>
>show is called Iron Blooded Orphans
>no "Iron Blooded Orphan Gundam"
>no robots in general
>>
Series Called

Mobile Suit Gundam MkII
Mobile Suit Gundam Freedom
Mobile Suit Gundam Barbatos
Mobile Suit Gundam Self
>>
File: jackiechan.jpg (13 KB, 268x268) Image search: [Google]
jackiechan.jpg
13 KB, 268x268
>>13954407
How does the shield stay in the air, and connect to the rifle all on its own?
>>
>>13954763
Electro Magnets I suppose
>>
>>13954488
>After War Gundam X
>>
>>13954520
that's one faggoty tastes
>>
>>13954763
Better yet, how can he see when his head is upside down? He isn't connected to the shield yet where I assume the cameras are.
>>
>>13955849
Radio connection I supposed.

I hate how transforming MSs in general tend to use the shield as an essential part.
>>
>13954407
>Gundam Wing
>the Wing Gundam only appears for like 5 or 6 episodes and spends the rest of the series either destroyed or under the ocean
>the protagonist spends more time piloting the Wing Zero, Heavyarms, Leos and even the antagonists Gundam than the Wing
>>
>Bokurano
>there's no robot called Bokurano
>>
>Armored Trooper Votoms
>The word "Votoms" in never even pronounced once in the show
>>
What does SEED stands for anyway?
>>
>Turn A Gundam
>Nobody becomes a Gundam
>>
>>13958681

in the first arc they call pilot who fight in arena "votoms jockey"
>>
>>13958687
>Superior Evolutionary Element Destined-factor

No, I am not making this shit up, I assure you.
>>
>protagonist gets a generic Gundam
>generic Gundam wipes the floor with everyone
>shenanigans force generic Gundam to get destroyed
>protagonist gets the titular Gundam and its OP as fuck to the point only the final boss has an equal machine
>>
>>13954518
You know nothing of our glorious heritage.

Leave /m/. Never return.
>>
>>13954701
during it's early production the draft is called "Gundam 2" but everyone thought it doesn't roll as nice as Z
>>
>>13954407
Wow, what episode is this?
I had always thought they were too embarrassed to show the actual full transformation.
>>
>>13954354
They call it the Full Armor Gundam. Later on, Io pilots the Atlas Gundam and he participates in Operation Thunderbolt
>>
>>13954904
They only add a "D" in front of the X
>>
>>13961083
This seems to be a common thing in manga/anime, like Dragonball Z.
>>
>>13961075
Obari is a faggot.
>>
>>13961174
Judging by the green sky i think its around the part where Heero fights Zechs with the Heavyarms
>>
>>13961075
No, I love the Obari stance, but the legs are spread way too far out. It makes the Gundam look like a poof tbqh
>>
>>13954354
Then read the manga you fucking secondary

Its the Full Armor Gundam.
>>
File: 1444960305078.jpg (27 KB, 324x278) Image search: [Google]
1444960305078.jpg
27 KB, 324x278
>Gundam 00
>Theres actually a 00
GG
>>
Are Wing and X are the only series with midseason upgrade suits where the names come from the starting MSes?
>>
>>13961943
There's also
>Victory -> Victory 2
>>
>>13954723
Gundam Quanta and Gundam Stamen would sound cool as show names
>>
>>13954488
Gundam Wing
>>
File: giphy.gifc.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gifc.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>Mobile Suit Gundam
>there is a Gundam and it is a Mobile Suit
HOLY SHIT ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THIS???
>>
>>13964199
>Mobile Suit Gundam 0079
>Universal Century 79
There's a reason why its a timeless classic
>>
>>13964222
>Char
>he is a CHARacter in the show
FUCKKKKKK
BRAVO TOMINO
>>
>>13964225
>Amuro Ray
>Gundam is a Ray of Hope
TOMINO
>>
>>13955849

Probably reroutes to a different camera.
>>
>>13955897

Wing Gundam was so underused. They hated that thing.
>>
>>13964829
Because the only weapons it has are its fuckshitup rifle, its beam saber, and some clavicle guns that they barely remember exist. Wing is only barely more interesting to watch fight than the original RX-78-2 gundam, and at least Amuro had 16 shots in his rifle before he was stuck swordfighting for the rest of forever.
>>
>>13954354
That's because it is the Gundam. It's the OYW.
>>
>>13961185
Ok.

I'm not sure how that changes anything. It's still not the X.
>>
>>13964838

Wing Zero literally has the exact same arsenal just more powerful and it got plenty of action.
>>
>>13954317
>Super Dimension Fortress Macross
>is not a fortress from the SUPER DIMENSION

DROPPED
>>
>>13964866

The actual Gundam X didn't last very long before they made it the divider either.

I wonder if they realized shortly after starting a barely controlable WMD beam doesn't make for particularly interesting fights.
>>
>>13954326
Trailgazer Gundam doesn't sound like a bad name at all.

Even "Counterattack Gundam" doesn't sound great, though.
>>
>>13962100
But the Stamen appears for only 3 episodes.It should be called Mobile Suit Gundam Zephyrantes.
>>
>No Gundam Tekketsu
>No Gundam Orphans

Bravo Sunrise
>>
>>13961174
Nah, that stuff was stock animation, they almost always showed the entire clip when unless they were pressed for time.

Epyon's transformation was very underused. Didn't really have much of a use either.
>>
File: 1456690705374.png (187 KB, 400x750) Image search: [Google]
1456690705374.png
187 KB, 400x750
>Gundam 00
>Doesn't take place in the year 00
>>
>>13954317
>Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
>the SEED is an actual in-universe concept
>it's glossed over with one line and never talked about the whole series
This pissed me off more than a lot of the stupid shit in that show.
>>
>>13954518
Fuck off battletech shitter
>>
>>13954673
I actually never really wondered why the shining Gundams sword has the G Gundams name on it.
>>
>>13961075
Someone post the collage.
>>
File: 1455216325654.png (313 KB, 700x678) Image search: [Google]
1455216325654.png
313 KB, 700x678
>Gundam G-Self
>Not Bundam B-urSelf
>>
>>13964838
RX-78 was entertaining as fuck to watch fight because of good storyboarding which is what actually matters.
why dont gundams fucking use their shield more, why the fuck doesn't ibo have shields when the focus of the series is on melee what the fuck
>>
>>13973080
did beam weapons render them Nie?
>>
File: 61b.gif (81 KB, 352x240) Image search: [Google]
61b.gif
81 KB, 352x240
>Turn A Gundam
>The Gundam turns multiple times in show.
>>
File: mizuki reaction.jpg (60 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
mizuki reaction.jpg
60 KB, 640x480
>Gravion
>main robot is called Gravion
>Gravion Zwei
>main robot upgrade is not called Gravion Zwei
>>
File: gravion_110_1280.jpg (212 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
gravion_110_1280.jpg
212 KB, 1280x1024
>>13973728
Gravion Zwei was fucking awesome.
After shitty first season it was especially striking.

Are there BDs of them yet?
>>
File: 1457482556550.gif (1006 KB, 260x187) Image search: [Google]
1457482556550.gif
1006 KB, 260x187
>Giant Robo
>it has a giant robo
>>
>>13974530
There have been BDs for a long time, but they're of course upscales.
>>
In hindsight, how much better of a pilot was shinn than kira? Even though kira wasnt trying to kill him in angel down, he was fighting him seriously.

They were both in seed mode, and he survived only due to plot armor. And before anyone says it, though impulse was newely produced and was probably slightly more advanced in tech, the freedom was still miles ahead better than it.
>>
>>13974793

He wasn't. He managed a win in that specific situation where many factors allowed it, and props to him for that, but he fought Kira twice more, and couldn't repeat his win, even though they had equal machines then.

I don't think Shinn was ever better than Kira. He just beat him once. That doesn't make him automatically better from that point forward.
>>
>>13974832
For some reason Kira being better than everyone pisses me off.
Even though as the ultimate co-ordinater that's the point of his character.
It pisses me off that he's just born great.
>>
>>13954369
God damnit. I heard that when I read that.
>>
>>13974844
I always believed that athrun was better than kira generally and was probably the only one that could beat him in a serious fight.

That changed when destiny happened and when kira shamed assrun and destroyed one of the best gundam designs in destiny.
>>
>>13974793
I don't know, I'm torn. Now, you're not going to hear me say that Kira isn't a good pilot or any shit like that. But to me, it's kind of hard to tell what's counting as being a good pilot in this series and what people like to write off as writer fiat/bias/whatever

Kira shows up in Destiny, and he's portrayed as nigh-invincible, and shit, even damages the Abyss Gundam and disable the Chaos Gundam in one swipe. It takes up until Destroy Gundam when we actually see any pressure on Freedom Gundam.

Shinn comes up with a plan to take down Freedom Gundam because his mobile suit can't compare, and to me, I thought it was a well-scripted fight scene, we see Impulse take advantage of everything it's got, and when it gets damaged, wastes no time in creating a situation so it can combine safely.

And then after that point, it's like the series goes well out of it's way to reverse the outcome and write it off that Kira was just pretending the whole time and he imply that he was going easy or something and this is where they old gang shows how much betterer they are than the rest of the cast.

We've got the sword catching scene, and then we have Shinn saying "ARE YOU SAYING YOU COULD HAVE KILLED ME THE ENTIRE TIME" I mean, isn't that obvious to the viewer already? It just comes off so ham-handedly, like it was done for spite of the character.
Shinn fights an injured Athrun, and is easily defeated, he puts up even less of a fight than he did against S-Freedom.

It just causes such a dissonance for me, because we have so many scenes talking about Shinn being a great pilot, and then after the second half, he's barely higher than a grunt before Athrun and Kira. Shit, I'm pretty sure he gets taken out of the fight before the first half of last episode. So is it because they were rushing the series to the end, or was that how the fight was SUPPOSED to be?

I just wanted a decent fight at the end of the series, and instead got nothing
>>
>>13974883

That fight doesn't really count, because Athrun wasn't trying to hurt Kira and Kira is better at non lethal take downs. Athrun could have just whipped out his cannons and blown the shieldless Kira to kingdom come right there, but he didn't want to kill Kira so he had to sit there and take it.

The Aegis fight is a better example, although much like Shinn, Athrun was only able to win because he had a gimmick Kira lacked in having a grab mode. If Athrun had been piloting Duel or Buster there he'd be fucked because he was down an arm and a head and out of power.
>>
>>13974960
Freedom still had it's shield in that scene.

Also, just because Aegis could transform doesn't mean that he was "cheating"
Shit, if he managed to pull that move off, he could have very well just stabbed him in the cockpit
>>
>>13974931
Were you talking about the scene where he used the railguns, and shinn threw a fit that if it was a beam he would have been dead and kira was playing him?

I think its just the s.freedom being broken in general. Kira fought just using strike an episode prior and the suit barely survived getting to the eternal.

The destiny was just a shit suit to fight against the freedom. Hell, im sure if kira seriously used the dragoons from the start the fight would end very fast.
>>
File: jesus speed.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
jesus speed.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>13974966
No, it didn't have its shield.
>>
>>13974980
Oh, you're right.
I stand corrected.
>>
>>13974979
Everything's a shit suit to fight against the strike freedom. It has every conceivable feature except better installed on it.
>>
>>13974979
>Were you talking about the scene where he used the railguns, and shinn threw a fit that if it was a beam he would have been dead and kira was playing him?
Not him, but he mentioned sword catching so it seems obvious

>I think its just the s.freedom being broken in general. Kira fought just using strike an episode prior and the suit barely survived getting to the eternal.
sure, but other than that kira getting shot up in the strike was supposed to be dramatic or some shit. in the HD remaster, he puts up an even better fight by shooting down a lot more enemies with the ootori pack's weapons instead of mainly acting as a shield for the eternal like he did in the TV and special edition versions.

>The destiny was just a shit suit to fight against the freedom. Hell, im sure if kira seriously used the dragoons from the start the fight would end very fast.
I agree there, but dragoons can't be used in atmosphere, oh well
>>
>>13975007
>Dragoons can't be used in the atmosphere

I always forget about this point. Was it ever explained why? Seems like they wanted to gimp it for no reason because it was already broken as fuck.

>>13975006
Basically this. It's the end line suit for improvement in the seed era.

Also, it pisses me off that cagalli was shoved off from the akatsuki. Did she ever even try seed mode to fight with shinn in the destiny just to even the odds?

She had access to that shit right? Mwu should just have kept perfect strike or the heavy arms pack.
>>
>>13975007
I'm getting really tired of the idea that remote weapons are the end all, be all weapon to end all fights.
>>
>>13975026
They're sorta not aerodynamic nor have wings, and only have tiny rockets on them and they can't hover, so much of the way they normally attack by moving around to stop near enemies and fire a shot at them doesn't work

>Did she ever even try seed mode to fight with shinn in the destiny just to even the odds? She had access to that shit right?

She did in Seed, dunno if she ever used it in Destiny. Most of the people in Seed mode aren't really that much aware that they're in Seed mode and that it's a powerup. Kira was a bit shaken up about how he fought so instinctively, and that was it. I don't think shinn ever remarked about ever going into seed mode, and no one ever says a damn thing about it except for durandal maybe making a line or two about it (apparently he picked shinn to be special snowflake impulse pilot because he had the genes and traits to go into seed mode and was loyal).
>>
>>13975039
It's a force multiplier. Suddenly there are an extra dozen or two beam guns out of nowhere that can attack from multiple vectors and blind spots, sometimes without warning. There are very few cases in which remote weapons aren't a big deal and won't contribute to a fight.
>>
>>13975026
>I always forget about this point. Was it ever explained why? Seems like they wanted to gimp it for no reason because it was already broken as fuck.

They don't have enough thrust to fly on their own. Legend and Chaos's won't work either, and that's why Mu had to abandon his Mobius Zero back in Seed so it's not just to gimp SF it's a universal rule for remote weapons in CE.
>>
>>13975077
Yeah, but Destroy Gundam can use it's arms for some reason.

Not only that, both Legend and Chaos Gundams can use their remote weapons while they're still docked.
Rumor has it that this is the result of throwing on DRAGOONS on Strike Freedom at the last moment.
>>
>>13975056

This. Remote weapons will pretty much always help in some way.

Look at the final encounter with Kira and Shinn before Shinn breaks off once Kira breaks out the dragoons. Shinn gets instantly shut down in seconds because he can't dodge the dragoons and Kira's regular shots at the same time.
>>
>>13975086
What are you talking about?
Shinn dodged every one of those.
>>
>>13954317
Not even Gundam Cum
>>
>>13954385
>They did the same thing in 0080, 08th MS Team,, and 0083

To be fair, 08th MS Team used Gundams that were essentially GMs, but tailored for ground combat with spare parts from the actual Gundam project. They're still mass-produced units.

The Gundam in 0080 was called Alex.

The Gundams in 0083 were called Zephyranthes and Physalis, the mobile armour was called Dendrobium.
>>
>>13964222

>>Literally states the time the series takes place in the name

>>"Timeless"
>>
File: IBO_11.jpg (71 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
IBO_11.jpg
71 KB, 1280x720
>>13961075
Has there been an occurence of Obari stance in IBO yet ?
>>
File: gundam+barbatos+hg+(1).jpg (278 KB, 1023x645) Image search: [Google]
gundam+barbatos+hg+(1).jpg
278 KB, 1023x645
>>13976179
The box art has it.
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.