[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Gundam 00 Season 2?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 10
File: WorseThanExia.jpg (236 KB, 648x700) Image search: [Google]
WorseThanExia.jpg
236 KB, 648x700
>>
I'm not going to say the quality of the writing was good or bad because I don't hate it or like it that much. I will say however just how colorful the battles are compared to season one. I also loved the Ribbons and 0-Gundam bit.
>>
I enjoyed it, but the Raiser was a mistake.

It should've been powered by multiple Gundams lending their energy to it. Would've helped with the teamwork.

Feldt should've piloted Cherudim.

Seravee was a mistake.
>>
Gra...mr. Bushido has the best looking mobile suits in Gundam history.
>>
>>13954173
>It should've been powered by multiple Gundams
but it was though
>Feldt should've piloted Cherudim
what
>>
>>13954185
Not in S2, the movie and S1? Fuck yeah
>>
>>13954188
You know what I meant. Not just O and Exia.

>what
Anon pls
>>
>>13954169
I actually liked the final battle being between 0 Gundam and Exia instead of the super powered suits. Though that duel could've had better choreography.
>>
>>13954192
The Susanowo is awesome! If you can get past the fact that it looks like a cricket.
But yeah, in S1 he was a gunpla builder
>>
>>13954196
I did know what you meant, I was just being a smartass
>Anon pls
Feldt would have just gotten herself and everyone else killed. They needed someone with experience
>>
It would have been alright if wasn't following s1 which is often considered the best AU gundam.
>>
>>13954207
She could've trained for four years!
Frieza only needed six months to become god. ;^{)
>>
>>13954220
Let's just ignore that Lasse was a fully trained Gundam Meister as well.
>>
>>13954220
After the emotional trauma of losing her parents, her best friend, and her love interest, I wouldn't have put her in the situation of having to pilot
>>
>>13954234
Indeed, fuck Saji. At least he got to pilot 0.
>>13954238
She would've fit in perfectly!
>>
S2 was way more exciting than S1 because Celestial Being were the underdogs this time around. Every battle felt tense, and they were constantly on the run. Having a powerful, unified enemy like the A-Laws was better than a bunch of superpowers constantly getting embarrassed. The orbital elevator destruction and the memento mori episodes were fuckin tight as shit.
>>
It was good. It had a coherent theme and followed through with both the message and many of its implications. It didn't turn Setsuna into a pacifist just because he wanted people to understand each other, if you needed killing you got killed no questions asked. The Raiser could have looked a bit nicer, and not every decision was perfect, but a lot of the common complaints about it are based in people not remembering things that happened in S1 or rejecting the concept of peace through understanding on principle because of how horribly SEED and Destiny burned that concept.

Most importantly, 00S2 solved the Newtype problem. There was always the problem that Newtypes were very literally the ubermensch, a chosen few gifted with special powers that put them above everyone else and which they often abused. In 00, Innovation can happen to everyone in the world at once. You don't have to be born special, and that changes just about everything for the better.
>>
>>13954251
I just don't want to see any harm come to her
>>
The next-gen Gendums looked like shit and didn't have smart designs like S1's.
>Exia
Close combat
>00
?? Twin drive... Raiser... Muh swords...

>Dynames
Super long range sniping
>Cherudim
??? Muh dual wielding... Muh shield bits...
>>
>>13954265
At least Cherudim was suited to new lock-on's fighting style
>>
>>13954255
I thought they were less tense than the later S1 battles. You pretty much knew they were going to win the moment 00 showed up.
>>
>>13954265
All of the S2 designs were designed to fix the fatal flaws of the S1 machines. The S1 Gundams were all designed with the assumption that they were literally fucking invincible. Nothing could hurt them. They could fight for literally days against the entire world's armies combined and it was only a problem because eventually the pilots got tired. Who gives a shit if Exia has almost nothing to fight at range with if it can just walk through all the gunfire the enemy can throw at it? Who cares if Dynames has almost nothing to defend itself in close combat if nothing that gets close can hurt it?

One the enemies had GN tech of their own, that strategy didn't fly anymore. 00 has gunblades and missiles so it can fight at all ranges. Cherudim has shield bits to give it more active defenses than the cloak Dynames had, and guns that can actually do shit if it gets into close combat. As it turned out, Lyle preferred that style of combat anyway, making him distinct from his brother who hated getting anywhere near the battle line. Seravee fixes Virtue's flaws with using its barrier and guns at the same time and turns it into the barrier making the guns even stronger. The only one that's just a general improvement without actually fixing anything important is Arios, and that's because Kyrios didn't really have anything flawed about it to begin with.
>>
>>13954274
S1 got better as soon as the Trinities showed up and everyone got access to GN drives. 00/Raiser was annoying throughout the second season, but it wasn't all that bad.
>>
File: Hilling gets scissored.webm (3 MB, 620x348) Image search: [Google]
Hilling gets scissored.webm
3 MB, 620x348
>>13954294
I don't think Kyrios had scissors.
>>
>>13954173
>It should've been powered by multiple Gundams lending their energy to it. Would've helped with the teamwork.
What is this, Getter Robo?
>>
Oh goodie, a 00 bread

Exia = 00 (for different reasons) > Qan[T] > poop > 00 Raiser the retarded cockpit on the back just sucked, I like the fuck huge binders
Zabanya > Dynames = Cherudim upgraded > Dynames upgraded > Cherudim
Virtue > Nadleeh > the rest, why bother naming them?
Kyrios > Arios > Harute

>>13954255
>The orbital elevator destruction and the memento mori episodes were fuckin tight as shit.
I agree. Admiral Awesome approved.

The Assault on Memento Mori was possibly the best episode of the season, after 00's launch and Al's rescue.

>>13954320
I actually think S1 was best immediately before the Trinities showed up. Seeing CB get BTFO, while I wasn't rooting for it, was really cool.
>>13954332
They weren't as big, but it effectively did, yeah?
>>13954342
I'm guessing Anon means like how the Gundams lent their energy to the Ptolemaios. If they wanted to use the 00 Raiser it meant they'd have to give up something they could use in another aspect of their combat. It's a decent idea all around imo.
>>
>>13954332
It did have the claw on the left arm that it could use to crush or tear open enemies sort of like scissors.
>>
>>13954332
The scissors are an evolution on Kyrios's shield, which could open into a scissor blade. Arios can generate beam shields from its shoulders, so it doesn't need a hand-carried shield. It also has about four times the firepower Kyrios does.
>>
I'm still mad that Allelujah got some of the best suits but only had like 10 minutes of cool shit across the entire series.
Immediately after >>13954332 he gets hit by fangs disabling his suit.
>>
>>13954408
The Arios was the least damaged of the Gundams at that point, so they needed him to job for Setsuna and Ribbons to have their private duel.

When he gets knocked out of the battle by the fangs, wasn't he also in supersoldier mode with both personalities active? That's even worse.
>>
>>13954155
It was almost Destiny tier of bad. Setsuna and Ribbons are the only things keeping it from being a worthless turd.
>>
>>13954332
00 looks really fantastic for a TV show. Meanwhile IBO is channeling Ninja Slayer.
>>
>>13954469
That clip was from the finale, though. Gotta wait for IBO to reach that point to compare em fairly.
>>
>>13954414

Supersoldier Allelujah was great, especially in S2 when he finally had 5 minutes to shine since he became a muh Marie non-entity after she joined Celestial Being.
>>
>>13954473
Breh, 00 had occasional moments of QUALITY, but it was few and far between, and could probably be chalked up to le sakuga. IBO looks really bad across the board with maybe two example in the second and third episodes that look nice.
>>
It was alright, but I feel that it was the weakest part from the trilogy.

I didn't like the fact that Setsuna ended up doing all the different things, with the other Meisters just being backup for him.
>>
>>13954469
>Meanwhile IBO is channeling Ninja Slayer.
Dont insult Ninja Slayer.
It was great.
>>
It was a shame that Tieria mostly missed shots especially on named characters when he had such a beautiful mech.
>>
>>13954469
00 had fantastic production value, if they used stock footage it was well incorporated.
>>
File: setsuna-iamgundam.gif (1 MB, 357x195) Image search: [Google]
setsuna-iamgundam.gif
1 MB, 357x195
I liked it just as much as S1. Even at its weakest it was still better (and more entertaining) than most shows.
>>
>>13954626
It's mostly minor bits of animation you don't notice rather than entire clips. A few things I recall off the top of my head:
>Virtue casting-off its armor
>Thrones combining
>00 launch
>>
>>13954663
IIRC the GN-X fighting the thrones had some stock too.
Mainly the one where the camera is freaking out and the GN-X are in a circle freaking out too. It annoyed me.
>>
>>13954626
>00 had fantastic production value
First season and movie sure did. S2 wasn't as good looking at all.
>>
>>13954716
>At all
>What is 00 first sortie
>>
>>13954155
Some thoughts:
- All of the characters were ruined, especially Graham, Alllelujah and Lockon
- The ending was lame, and really Ribbons wasn't an enjoyable character in any way
- Trans-Am sucked shit
- The 00 Gundam is pretty cool, especially with the Raiser attached, and disliking it is a meme
- The part where the space elevator collapses might be the best individual moment in the entire series

That's really all I have to say about it. On the whole it was a big disappointment compared to season 1. I also preferred the movie to S2.
>>
>>13954155
It was great.
>>13954173
>Feldt should've piloted Cherudim.
God, yes.
>Seravee was a mistake.
No, fuck you, seravee is a miracle.
>>
>>13955454
I thought Seravee was great at first, like The-O with a ton of firepower. But that stupid Gundam face on its back ruins it.
>>
>>13954663
There was a "circle of GN-X"s" spinning around animation that was recycled at least once.
>>
>>13955272
>Ribbons wasn't an enjoyable character in any way
>The 00 Gundam is pretty cool
>especially with the Raiser attached
>>
What is stronger 00 raiser or 00 Qan[T]
>>
>>13957185
Qan[T] of course, it's God-level. Raiser is just "somewhat powerful".
>>
>>13954155
Girls were top notch and deserved more doujins, especially S1 Sumeragi.
>>
>>13954155
I get the extraordinarily distinct feeling that most of modern /m/ doesn't actually understand what (the good guys in) Celestial Being were doing after S1. I get the same feeling about Saji's purpose, the fact that Lyle and Neil were different characters, and honestly most of S2. I liked it.

Also, fuck all the haters, the only time Graham won against Setsuna in a fight he did it as Mister Bushido. Loss of piloting ability my ASS.

>>13957185
Quanta has all Raiser's shit and more, is that even a question? That's like asking if 00 Raiser and Exia got into a fight, who would win - no question, 00 Raiser's got that shit in the bag.
>>
File: GNX-603T-GN-X.jpg (70 KB, 700x566) Image search: [Google]
GNX-603T-GN-X.jpg
70 KB, 700x566
>>13954155
The GNXs were pretty awesome for advanced grunt suits. About as badass as the ReZELs or the Stark Jegans.
>>
>>13954155
It's only good if you tack on the movie at the end, in which case it's great.

If you don't, it's just "eh, I guess that was alright".
>>
Im still amazed at how gorgeous the suits and battles were. The choreography of the battles were mostly great, and quality was almost kept to a minimum.

Its biggest crime was airing before IBO and shitreco. 00 was really ahead of its time.
>>
>>13959007
Well if we're talking visuals and Choreography I'm pretty sure Greco is equal if not better than 00S2 in that regard.
>>
It's crap
It's shit
I don't like it
>>
>>13954155
It's like watching DBZ with all those super sayan.
>>
I loved the 00 Raiser, they remind me of twintails.
>>
>>13961904
>>>/m/sgg/
>>
File: Celestial Cheeks.jpg (55 KB, 413x600) Image search: [Google]
Celestial Cheeks.jpg
55 KB, 413x600
Honestly I'd have to watch it again to give you a proper opinion.
But I do remember one thing. I remember that I hated the 2nd ED at first, but it totally grew on me.
Even now I sing it to myself every once in a while.
>>
File: 1446967693900.jpg (89 KB, 636x448) Image search: [Google]
1446967693900.jpg
89 KB, 636x448
Did [OZC] do the 00 movie?

>>13962032
DAREKA WOOOO

If nothing else 00 OP3 is possibly the worst OP ever written for any series ever, period.
>>
>>13962162
Could any of the op's be considered "fitting" for 00?
I just remember thinking most of them sounding too angsty.
>>
>>13962210
The first one was pretty solid.
The piano and bass vamping at the very beginning appealed greatly to me.
>>
>>13962162
>Did [OZC] do the 00 movie?
No, he didn't. On that note, there's an annoying lack of releases out there for the movie that use Bandai's official subs rather than fansubs.
>>
>>13962247
I can't remember who I downloaded before. Who do you recommend?

Kinda wanna go back and make some Zabananaya webms
>>
>>13962254
[K-S] (or Kenpachi 91) is only release I know of that uses the official subs (as it's a rip of the US bluray). Everything else I've seen is a fansub.
>>
>>13958266
Yeah, the GN-X is cool, but imagine that instead of new mobile suits, they put the GN tau drives on suits like the Flag or Tieren space type. That would be better, imo.
>>13962230
Daybreak's bell is one of the best OPs I've ever heard.
>>
>>13962210
S1's OPs were both pretty good and appropriate, I thought. S2 has far and away the more memorable EDs, though.
>>
>>13962285
True. Prototype boy was fucking perfect.

Should've been the insert during the fight between Ribbons and Setsuna. That 'hit' ticks all the right boxes.
>>13962281
>Daybreak's bell is one of the best OPs I've ever heard.
I don't think I've ever skipped it.
>>
>>13962285
Not him, but OP1 and OP3 never really clicked with me however I did I like the second and last OPs. Agree with your assessment of the EDs though.
>>
>>13962279
I use gss' if only out of nostalgia and TRANS-GRAHAM
>>
File: trans-graham.jpg (148 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
trans-graham.jpg
148 KB, 1280x720
>>13962297
Oh man, seeing the subs for that for the first time was perfect!
>>
http://picosong.com/JaxP/

Does anyone know which episode setsuna's eyes go all crazy from the drug gif?

I promised to make an edit of that 00 launch webm, but for the life of me I can't find that scene
>>
>>13962281
You mean like the GN Flag and Ahead?
>>
File: setsuna tripping balls.gif (643 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
setsuna tripping balls.gif
643 KB, 300x200
>>13962315
You mean this one? It's a mix of episodes 14 and 15, but out of order so it looks like he's in the cockpit all that time.
>>
>>13962329
Thanks, I found the part where he shoots up, but couldn't get the part with the eyes going nuts. brb
>>
>>13962334
It's when he's dodging Ali's fangs, just after his meeting with Ribbons.
>>
For shits and grins
>>
>>13962327
The GN Flag is an Ace custom, not a grunt unit, and the Ahead is too much like the GN-X
>>
>>13959007
00 wasn't really ahead of its time. IBO is just shit.

Someone post the YEAAART.webm
>>
File: When the Twin Drive Hit U.webm (3 MB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
When the Twin Drive Hit U.webm
3 MB, 540x304
>>13962315
>>13962329

Alright. Took me long enough. I went and cut this up even more. See what you think.
Also necroposting >>13885465 the original request.

Oh, and I made a companion one with audio. It's even better, if you know the song.
>>>/wsg/978205
>>
>>13962307
Such an underused suit. Graham was so mishandled in S2. Most characters were.
>>
>>13962589
Surely, you mean mr.Bushido. Who is this Graham?
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.