[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would an interstellar warfare Gundam anime look like? Would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
What would an interstellar warfare Gundam anime look like? Would it be powerful Mobile Suits like the Turn-A and Quanta battling by the hundreds or maybe something like LoGH's ship warfare with MS replacing the fighters?
>>
>>13954146

It would be a coming of age story about the horrors of war with fleet battles not really becoming a factor except for signal points in the series until the finale
>>
>>13954146
It'd look like Macross but without singing and aliens.
>>
>>13954146
Anything less than Gunbusteresque time dilation shenanigans would be doing in wrong.
>>
Does it really matter?
Gundam isn't soley limited to a basic war story. Why not go crazy with it like G did?

Personally, I want a Bunch of Space Kingdoms Fighting it out. Space Bongs, Space Krauts, Space Frogs, Space Nips, Space Chinamen, Space Ruskies.

Now give them main Character a gundam and have him go on wacky adventures around everywhere trying to stop a cold war between the factions from turning hot. Instead of Telling a war story, tell a story about someone fighting to keep a war from happening.
>>
>>13954202
>Instead of Telling a war story, tell a story about someone fighting to keep a war from happening.

So a Feudalistic Unicorn is what you want?
>>
I'm more interested in the technological aspects of a show like this. Would be pretty cool to see Railguns firing relativistic projectiles, or the Mobile Suits use lasers instead of beams because of the distance.
>>
>>13954322
In UC, lasers were phased out in favor of mega particle beams (around UC0070s) because they had developed very effective anti-laser protective coatings and beam weapons were very energy efficient for their ability to penetrate armor.

Not sure about railguns. They aren't very prominent in UC, although they do exist. From a bit of googling for MAHQ profiles I can see that they are a part of the weapons loadout for some UC land combat MS, but that's it.
>>
File: GRecoGuestDirector4.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
GRecoGuestDirector4.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>13954202
>Now give them main Character a gundam and have him go on wacky adventures around everywhere trying to stop a cold war between the factions from turning hot. Instead of Telling a war story, tell a story about someone fighting to keep a war from happening.
So G-Reco?
>>
>>13954202
>Instead of Telling a war story, tell a story about someone fighting to keep a war from happening.
Someone didn't watch Turn A and G Reco
>>
>>13954202
Turn A, G-Reco and to some extent Unicorn? Or is this a matter of "if a single shot is fired then that means they're at war"?
>>
>>13954146
It wouldn't at all be like LoGH (or at least it shouldn't), LoGH warfare is purposely anachronistic, and works well because setting (or at least half of it) is appropriately anachronistic.
>>
>>13954998

Except it's one of the most realistic depictions of space warfare in visual media.
>>
>>13958368

It's Napoleonic era naval combat with void instead of ocean. Are you high?
>>
>>13954202
>Gundam isn't soley limited to a basic war story.

The fact that Knight Gundam hasn't had a show yet is a crime.

It doesn't necesarily have to be SD, you can just use the design.
>>
>>13958383

I dunno how else you'd fight when your ships have forward firing light second range lasers. It's not like they were going for broadsides or anything.
>>
>>13954248

Or space Turn-A, since it was already kind of feudal.
>>
>>13954202
I had an idea for a medieval style gundam where the suits are exosuits and you'd have spellsword newtypes. it'd have stuff you'd expect like enemy ace and space princesses but within a organized tournament joust, and maybe have some war on the side. gundam really has a lot of potential it could explore this way. I'd watch the fuck out of this if it was done right.
>>
>>13954174

So basically a better Macross? (although I wouldn't mind non-retarded aliens either)
>>
>>13958472
it's not napoleonic sea warfare, it's napoleonic infantry, they line up in ranks, there are several times where they fire volleys and then move out of the way to let ships behind them fire and they rotate like that. You can call it realistic however much you want, but it is clearly inspired by Napoleonic warfare. The formations are just 3d version of 2d formations, the spindle is just a wedge formation for gods sake. Look at the 2d battlemaps, it's obvious.
If it's so realistic, why do spaceships have to be so close to each other? Because the damage is meant to drop-off with range, just like a musket's accuracy goes wild after 100 yards (the number might be off but due to the shape of the projectile the shit lose effectiveness quickly). The writer gives these constraints to make "napoleonic warfare in space" believable. Why would ships need to be so close so as to bump against each on accident? It's simply not realistic.

Not that i'm criticising it, i love it. A huge (and a bit blunt) way to show that history repeats itself.
>>
>>13958383
>naval combat
Are you high?
>>
>>13962072

Infantry combat isn't fought using semicircles!
>>
>>13962078
Naval combat isn't fought standing still, I mean the most famous naval battle of the napoloenic era was trafalgar, and I'm familiar with that battle. The ships lined up like a long snake and intertwined into some form of chaos. LoGH they rank up in line formations and march towards each other, firing forwards.
>>
>>13962078
You know, i'm looking up semi-circles in ship of the line naval naval tactics, and i'm not finding any in the Yang sense. I can accept that a line could curve, like an empty semicircle. But that isn't exactly a Yang semicircle, which is full in comparison. Nor is it unique to naval combat
>>
>>13954146
Only if u remove autism-kun from it
>>
>>13958621
We already had that and it was called Zero and Plus. They both sucked
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.