[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star fox zero
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: star_fox_zero_box_art.jpg (255 KB, 1024x1458) Image search: [Google]
star_fox_zero_box_art.jpg
255 KB, 1024x1458
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htMRhXPzYhY

What are your thoughts, /m/? Excited? Not so much? I have it pre-ordered and I think it's pretty neat how star fox defense is coming with it but at the same time I'm worried that's trying to make up for the main game's quality or something. Or maybe it's making up for the fact that the game's short since it's an arcade-type game. I hope the former's not the case at least.
>>
File: dat map.png (674 KB, 1112x511) Image search: [Google]
dat map.png
674 KB, 1112x511
Also there's at least ten levels per session confirmed. a step up from the original's 7.
>>
I wish they'd show footage of someone who knows what they're actually doing playing it so I can visually feel out the gameplay a bit better. So far it's mainly been arwings slowly drifting around with basically no banking or rolls.

I really hope it's good. SF64 is one of my favorite games of all time and it's been 19 years since we've had something that didn't shit on it.
>>
>>13953944
It feels like they added the teleporter/alternate paths after the delay.
>>
>>13953944
It looks okay but nothing about it seems like it should be a full retail game

The normal sections look fine to play, just standard starfox which is enjoyable. The bits where you transform or use that little crane just look dull though and will slow the game right down.

Graphically the game looks awful, looks like it is a downloable title. The style isn't anything special, none of it seems interesting or inspired

Also the meme pushing is cringey
>>
>>13954762
sadly it's the only connection a shit-ton of people have with the series.
>>
Game looks pretty good. It looks like an expansion on the style and setting of 64, which is all anyone ever really wanted from Star Fox in the first place.

Five Nights at Slippy's seems like it'll be a nice bonus. Wouldn't buy it on its own, but I'll happily take the package deal.
>>
>>13953974
>it's been 19 years since we've had something that didn't shit on it
Hey, fuck you. Assault was good.
>>
>>13955034
Assault was GOOD, but it wasn't GREAT.

the multiplayer was fucking awesome though.
>>
>>13955034
Everything in it that isn't an arwing stage is shit. And it only has four arwing stages.
>>
Wasn't this game like blatantly unfinished according to Kamiya but Nintendo needed it done and done soon?
>>
>>13955605
Possibly, it was supposed to be out at the end of last year, but it got delayed.
>>
>EU gets cool LE steelbook

I'm jelly.
>>
>>13955605
The fact that they're repeating the same base Star Fox experience yet again screams "we've got nothing."

It's like Ace Combat and how every other game is really nothing more than Ace Combat 2 with a fresh coat of paint tossed on.
>>
>>13955702
>flight Sims are similar
gee no shit
>>
>>13955702
THIS IS LITERALLY THE EXACT THING THEY SHOULD DO YOU ADVENTURES FAGGOT FUR FUCKER.

Go cry on deviantArt about no Krystal.
>>
I suppose something like Guard was inevitable. They needed to justify the $60 tag.
>>
>>13955709
I'M FUCKING NOT RUNNING THE VENOM CAMPAIGN A THIRD TIME.

I WANT OFF OF ANDROSS'S WILD RIDE.

I GIVE UP, FUCK MY INSTINCTS.
>>
>>13955702
I see where you're coming from, with the similar map and similar intro and similar lots of things but that seems like a ruse.

All of the new stuff like the bosses and scenarios (saving general pepper, using the walker...) are all very new and different.

It's just like the trailer where we hear Wolf saying "You're good..." and we all expect him to say the same thing we heard years ago but instead he goes and says "BUT NOT GOOD ENOUGH!"

I expect the game to be just like that. We're all gonna expect Andross to be a brain and eyes in the true ending but then he turns into a magical loli and mario shows up and starts jerking off furiously or something. We just don't know what's going to happen
>>
>>13955088
This, assault multiplayer was pretty awesome
I wish someone would make a Star Fox rip-off on PC or an actual console capable of doing something with the concept though, fucking Nintendo
>>
>>13953944
I hope we can shut them up, this is Sonic Heroes level of annoying.
>>
>>13955980
The closest I've seen is this:
https://ace.subagames.com
However, it's a F2P Korean MMO, so keep one eye on your CC, and the other on the hues.
>>
>>13955706
>ace combat
>flight sim
HAHAHAHA
>>
File: Laughing Pigma.jpg (25 KB, 450x312) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Pigma.jpg
25 KB, 450x312
>>13955715
>I GIVE UP, FUCK MY INSTINCTS.
>>
>>13955702

Gee maybe because every time they deviate from that it's shit.

In the end all people want is SF64 again.
>>
>>13955702
All people have ever wanted from a new Star Fox game is the base Star Fox experience with newer graphics and new level paths, maybe a few new tricks to help keep it interesting.
>>
>>13956795

And either make the Blue Marine work or pretend it never happened.
>>
>>13955702
Every single attempt at progressing the post-64 timeline only resulted in disaster. At this stage, even putting out the nearly finished Star Fox 2 on the VC would be a smart move.
>>
>>13956818
Fuck you that level was the shit.
>>
>>13956835
I wouldn't mind a new post-Adventures game with Krystal etc., as long as it stuck to being Star Fox. The problems with Assault and Command weren't the timeline, it was changing the gameplay instead of recognizing what the audience wanted.
>>
>>13956969
I do acknowledge that, as well. Also note that said problems came from farming the productions to different 3rd-party developers that are hit or miss.
>>
>>13956048
>https://ace.subagames.com
fuck no , that´s space cowboys , i used to play that shit about 8 years ago , nice concept , HIDEOUS GRIND-FEST , and meh controls , even ace combat feels better than this macro-bashing crap.

Regarding starfox, nice gameplay mechanics , downgraded style , not my cup of tea really , the arwings look nice , but everything else look way to kiddy compared to even starfox 64 ( only exception being the wolfen II, i do hope they can transform too)
>>
>>13956818
blue marine lives on a better world now ... steel diver sub wars to be precise, and its a really good sub ( although fragile as fuck ) and on my shelf as a scratchbuilt model
>>
>>13955013
Really? Didn't SF64 sell pretty damn well? I've heard it was the best selling shmup in the world.
>>
>>13955706
>Ace Combat
>flight sims

You don't know the hell that is Jane's or A-10.

It's like saying CoD is a "simulator" like Arma, or how Ridge Racer is a "simulator" like Gran Turismo.
>>
>>13957283
You know what he meant, you gigantic nigger.
>>
>>13957261
>I've heard it was the best selling shmup in the world.

*Rail-shooter

The best selling shmup world wide wouldn't be anything else but Space Invaders anyway.
>>
>>13955605
It's not that it's unfinished, it's that they've had problems getting the wiiu pad motion controls working.
>>
>>13957261
>>13957357
It's probably the case.
I can't think of a lot of rail shooter except Panzer dragoon and Rez.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.