[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Digimon: "Why is Tri shit?" Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: digitrihard.jpg (87 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
digitrihard.jpg
87 KB, 640x360
Checked and couldn't find a Digimon thread in the catalogue. Decided to start one up cause I just watched the first movie.

Man was it bad...

The new art style was just weird and made all the characters look incredibly generic. Mimi was probably the only decent looking person in the group until they changed out of their school uniforms and got a bit more color to them. The Digimon looked a little better... for what little we saw of them, anyways. None of the main 8 even appeared until more than 20 minutes in. The new girl is setting off more Mary Sue flags than Kari did. The argument between Matt and Tai felt so horridly forced. They're trying to go for some grimdark thing to appeal to adults and it feels like it just lost all soul and what made the original so amazing.

The only good things I can really say about this movie was the music was good, and the fight scenes were pretty cool. That's about it, really. Next movie's supposed to add the 02 cast though, and hopefully is better now that they have the setup out of the way. What did everyone else think of it? I wouldn't say it's the worst Digimon thing produced (it's not Hunters, after all). Still, after Tamers, Frontier, Savers, and Fusion, it was a serious let down.
>>
>>13952628
>None of the main 8 even appeared until more than 20 minutes in.
You should probably try watching the movie with your eyes open next time.
>>
File: yuel.webm (78 KB, 120x160) Image search: [Google]
yuel.webm
78 KB, 120x160
Post some cool evolutionary lines that will never be used in canon.
>>
Your opinions are shit but you're using dub terms and actually looking forward to the 02 cast so I shouldn't have expected much
>>
>>13952867

I meant the main 8 Digimon. None of them appeared in the first episode.

>>13953116

You're hating on the dub terms and the 02 cast, but I'm the one with shit taste? What, do subs need to keep the san, chan, and tachi for you to enjoy them too?
>>
>>13953197
>None of them appeared in the first episode.
You know it was a movie and just released in 4 parts on the internet right?
>>
>>13953197
>You're hating on the dub terms and the 02 cast, but I'm the one with shit taste?
I take you don't visit /a/'s digimon threads.
>>
>>13953228
Yes, but the first episode made up the first 20 minutes of the movie. That's why I said none of the main Digimon appeared for the first 20 minutes/quarter. The whole thing was very slow paced.
>>
>>13953238
No, I do not. I take it they hate 02 as well? 02 wasn't the best season, but the only thing truly awful about it was the ending. Excluding that, it's not as bad as Hunters.

I'll also guess they hate on anyone using the dub terms. I grew up watching the dub. It's the official English terms. This isn't some Power Rangers/Super Sentai thing where they're two completely different shows. I'll stick to the dub names.
>>
>>13953262
>only bad thing about 02 is the ending
>prefers the dub

Seems about right.
>>
>>13953262
>02 wasn't the best season, but the only thing truly awful about it was the ending. Excluding that, it's not as bad as Hunters.
They're both shit

Like, its not a contest here. Both of them are shit for different reasons
>>
>>13953262
>No, I do not. I take it they hate 02 as well?
Not only that, mention anything related to the dub and you'll get triggered anons like these:

>>13953116
>>13953309
>>
>>13953504
I've noticed that. Fuck the haters. If it wasn't for the dub, then I wouldn't be a fan of the series today. People who just immediately declare that the sub is better always piss me off. I'm going to keep enjoying it.
>>
>>13952628
Fuck off /a/. I'm sick of everything new that comes out being hated because "NOT MUH CHILDHOOD"
>>
>>13955242
But this is hated because of muh childhood. Literally the only good thing about Tri is the nostalgia kicks. Everything else sucks.
>>
>>13955242

Pretty much what >>13955254
said. I enjoyed Fusion/Xros Wars. I even liked Frontier, which I know is pretty divisive (then again, I'm a Sentai/Power Rangers fan too, so that could be why). It tried to be some super serious take on stuff that happened in Adventure and failed at it. I was honestly looking forward to this and giving it a fair shot because I thought it would be awesome to see the digidestined in action again. I was sorely disappointed.
>>
>>13955254
>Not liking the story of love and tragedy of Taichi and a Cellphone.
DONT TALK TO ME OR MY DIGIMON PARTNER EVER AGAIN.
>>
When is the second part going to be suubbed?
>>
>>13955300
Simulcast, so it should be out the same day, roughly.
>>
File: Digimon-Tri-Promo-close.jpg (90 KB, 770x443) Image search: [Google]
Digimon-Tri-Promo-close.jpg
90 KB, 770x443
how can anyone stand watching this? for being such a big name with theatrical releases Tri has got to be one of the worst animated series ive seen in the last 10 years. i was looking forward to it after seeing all the sharp promo art, then it comes out and looks like some students art project.
>>
>>13955383
Just two words friend:

BRAVO TOEI
>>
>>13955383
Exactly. Granted, Digimon has always been pretty variable with its art. Tamers is probably the series at its best as far as art and animation (and story and everything else) goes.
>>
File: rooki.jpg (69 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
rooki.jpg
69 KB, 640x480
>>13955383
It looks all right for a first major project headed by a B-team animation company.

>Tri has got to be one of the worst animated series ive seen in the last 10 years
Impossible. Digimon Savers came out within 10 years.

>>13955401
>Tamers is probably the series at its best as far as art and animation
But when it was bad, it was embarrassing. Like the snake Deva or haunted castle episodes.

I can't think of any Frontier episodes that really stood out for its poor production.
>>
Fuck you I liked it
>>
>>13952628
is this show airing yet? how come every picture I see of this show is just this same image of them floating in the sky?
>>
File: old rivalry.jpg (310 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
old rivalry.jpg
310 KB, 1920x1080
>>13956623
It's not a show, it's 6 movies and only one has been released. The next one is due next week.

You keep seeing the same image because people are lazy.
>>
>>13955383
>Tri has got to be one of the worst animated series ive seen in the last 10 years
lmao there's a lot of shit incredibly worse than tri that's come out in the past 10 years
>>
Am I the only one rewatching the original series?
This shit ages like wine
>>
>>13952628
>"Why is Tri shit?"
Uber shit directing, weak visuals, action sequences seem to have no choregraphy whatsoever, dull and uneventful.
>>
We got exactly what everyone was expecting from modern toei

Shit
>>
>>13953241
Ok so you're an idiot expecting everything in 20 minutes.
>>
>>13955383
It's actually quite decent compared to other nostalgiashit Toei produced like Saint Seiya Omega, Sailor Moon Crystal or Dragon Ball Super.
>>
>>13953241
Just think of it as a 24 episode tv series. I mean, it's even got a simulcast in CR and it was split every 20 minutes.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.