[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the deal with Jupiter being a hostile faction/threat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
What's the deal with Jupiter being a hostile faction/threat in Mecha? Why don't they use some other planet like Mars?
>>
>>13951476

Because it's the biggest.
>>
Biggest and baddest bully in the block.
>>
>>13951476
muh helium isotopes!
muh fusion reactors!
>>
>>13951476
Aren't they kind of isolated from the rest of the Earth's sphere and aren't their supplies rationed because of this?
>>
Jupiter is best.

Rest of Earth Sphere can fuck off.
>>
File: Jovian Chronicles.jpg (331 KB, 1361x679) Image search: [Google]
Jovian Chronicles.jpg
331 KB, 1361x679
>>13951476
In at least one setting the Jovians are the "good guys" and Earth are the bad guys.
>>
Daily reminder that Saturn stopped Jupiter's rampage and is majestic af.

Mars is low tier.

>>13952872
Literal Jovian revisionist bullshit.
>>13952814
Jupiter supporters are the equivalent of Trumpster or Bern feelers.
>>
File: 1449025052120.jpg (31 KB, 359x398) Image search: [Google]
1449025052120.jpg
31 KB, 359x398
Never trust a Jovian.
>>
File: Valiant.jpg (36 KB, 564x376) Image search: [Google]
Valiant.jpg
36 KB, 564x376
>>13952934
>Literal Jovian revisionist bullshit.
"The Confederation is free and democratic and please ignore the dodgy shit the president and secret service guys get up to."
>>
>>13951480
For you
>>
>>13952872
Only one setting? I seem to remember the 1st ZoE game started on a colony near Jupiter.
>>
>>13951476
>What's the deal with Jupiter being a hostile faction/threat in Mecha

In Gundam UC it's because Jupiter basically controls the purse strings of the entire inner solar system due to its stranglehold on Helium-3 and independence from Earth sphere nonsense.
>>
>>13951476
Hey, sometimes it's the source of the power called ZA POWA
>>
Celestial Being had a research station on Jupiter. But they were a threat to the Earth's superpowers. And in Trailblazer the first ELS infected ship came from Jupiter too. Interesting
>>
>>13955914

Huh, entirely separate from both Earth and opposing factions? Do any series focus on this? Seems like massive and regular wars between Earth and spacenoids would draw them in somehow but now you mention it I'm completely blanking about ever hearing about them in UC media I've seen/read.
>>
>>13956129
Crossbone?
>>
>>13956137

All I know about Crossbone is it had the pirate gundams that look cool as heck. Tried reading the comic once but thought the style was extremely ugly. I'll give it another shot!
>>
>>13951476
>Why don't they use some other planet like Mars?

ZOE, Gundam AGE, Gundam F90, G-Tekketsu.
>>
>>13952872
>>13952934

Also Nadesico, sort of.
>>
>>13956129

Either side declaring war with the mining groups at Jupiter would be a bad thing because all factions rely on their Helium-3.
>>
File: zanscare jupiter connection.jpg (405 KB, 704x1920) Image search: [Google]
zanscare jupiter connection.jpg
405 KB, 704x1920
>>13956129
>>13956618
Tomino's original 52 episode outline for the original series would have had the Federation attacking a helium-3 shipment bound for Zeon in an episode near the end of the series. And a Zeon soldier who was stationed with the Jupiter Energy Fleet pilots the Braw Bro newtype-use mobile armor in the original series.

Jupiter gets mentioned mainly in side material and databooks from time to time. The Jupiter company/nation/empire is mainly only explored in Crossbone Gundam, but there are a few vague mentions of Jupiter in the rest of the Gundam UC franchise, like Zeta Gundam and Victory Gundam.
>>
File: Cover - Poseidon Near Jupiter.png (1 MB, 1412x929) Image search: [Google]
Cover - Poseidon Near Jupiter.png
1 MB, 1412x929
>>13955782
I said at least one, there must be more.
>>
>>13957354

Pap Smeerocco, Fonze Kagatie, and Crux Dogatie are all Jupiterrace

It's not so much "vague mentions" as Jupiter serving as this vague oriental mystic land where evil men of great power and ambition come from
>>
>>13957354
Which episode was this again?
>>
IIRC there are several treaties in place that prohibit anyone from attacking Jupiter ships because of how important that Helium-3 is.

My question is, while it's true that Jupiter IRL has enough Helium-3 to last our civilization for millenia, the moon has a lot too. Why don't we use that Helium-3 first?
>>
>>13958230
Because at the time MSG was written it was not known that the moon had helium 3.
>>
>>13955782
God Sigma's main protagonist comes from a colony on... I think Io? One of Jupiter's moons.

It's not "Jupiter vs Earth" in that one, though.
>>
>>13958233

True. I think we only noticed it in like 2008
>>
It's a planet defined by crushing gravity and constant massive storms
>>
>>13958418

It's not like they live ON Jupiter anon. It's a gas giant so Helium-3 just escapes from it constantly, they just have to mine it.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.