[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unbeknownst to Kira & the gang, Rau miraculously survives
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: rau.jpg (266 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rau.jpg
266 KB, 1920x1080
Unbeknownst to Kira & the gang, Rau miraculously survives his apparent death (instead of Mu) and starts working behind the scenes to exact his vengeance. How does Destiny change as a result?
>>
File: Destiny_Gundam_Damaged_01.jpg (43 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Destiny_Gundam_Damaged_01.jpg
43 KB, 1280x720
none. he loses like bitch in the final battle like every "villain"
>>
File: winnar.jpg (49 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
winnar.jpg
49 KB, 640x480
>>13949887

Fuck. I forgot.
>>
Thread over.
>>
>>13949867
What do you mean?
He's working in KFC now.
>>
>>13949867
Does anyone else love his dub voice?
>>
>>13949867
>How does Destiny change as a result?

That's gonna depend on a whole fuckton of variables here. Most notably what you mean by 'working behind the scenes to exact his vengeance'.

This could go a whole slew of different ways to either maintain or alter the flow of events.
That said, an interesting turn would be revealing that he was the one behind the botched hit on Kira and Lacus - and rather than intending to kill them as it would seem, he pulled a Col Killing and the move was made with failure in mind, stirring up Kira and Lacus and using them to prove to his old friend why his 'I can end war with a computer' idea was full of crap.
>>
>>13950440
>Check, Gilbert. I just scored another one with that Lacus hit fail.
>GSD was a big chess game between Rau and Gil all along
I can see it.
HOW DOES IT END
>>
>Rau
>Not Prayer
I seriously hope you coordinators don't do this
>>
>>13950643
He's already a Carbon Human. Stop making more Al Clones, dammit.
>>
>>13949887
>pretty much every gundam show ends with both suits destroyed
>Destiny has fangirls favorites utterly destroying the titular suit and his pal's
They parted with all integrity at some point.
>>
>>13950438

Yes. He was fantastic. He pulled off Rau going off the deep end.
>>
I just started watching Destiny. I'm 3 episodes in and it seems much better than SEED so far. When/why does it get bad?
>>
>>13951848
around ep 30ish. imo Destiny was much better than seed. even when it turns to shit. Seed bored the hell out of me. only good parts of seed were Yzak, Mwu, bouncing boobs and Dearka.
>>
>>13949867
>Unbeknownst to Kira & the gang, Rau miraculously survives his apparent death (instead of Mu) and starts working behind the scenes to exact his vengeance. How does Destiny change as a result?
You could do one better. You could have Al Da being the one pulling the strings. The entire argument against Kira and Coordinators is condensed into Al Da, someone who was "naturally" superior genetically, but is an absolute dick of a human being. Al Da surviving would have been a muh greater shakeup, as it invalidates the entire Blue Cosmos argument that "Natural Is Better". Having perfect genes naturally just means you are lucky, there is nothing "fair" about it. And to say that Coordination is bad is just a way to keep the less fortunate down. Al Da is the very concept of "Master Race", both what can achieve and what great evil it represents.

Natural is not good. Fuck "Natural".
>>
>>13952132
The show itself already invalidates the concept of "Natural is better". Unfortunately it does it by portraying most if not almost all Naturals as comically evil sociopaths, or at best petty idiots jealous of special snowflake Coordinators who did nothing wrong.
>>
>>13952188
>The show itself already invalidates the concept of "Natural is better". Unfortunately it does it by portraying most if not almost all Naturals as comically evil sociopaths, or at best petty idiots jealous of special snowflake Coordinators who did nothing wrong.
Both sides are psychopaths. But the point is that we need an "Ultimate Natural" to act as the counterpart to Kira Yamato.
The fact is Kira is not even superior to Athrun, who is technically his absolute equal and was a 3rd gen Coordinator. But far too often there is complaints that Kira's existence cause moral issues. But Al Da is a much bigger issue, and an argument to make clear that being a Natural doesn't mean anything good or bad. That you can be a dick in any genes.
>>
>>13949867

It gets better because Rau doesn't give a fuck and actively kills characters who get in his way left right and centre.
>>
>>13950440
In this hypothetical situation, Rau could have been the one who got the butthurt ZAFT soldiers to drop Junius Seven on Earth, just to prove what he said to Kira in SEED, that the hatred will make them kill each other. And he was proven right later, when the EA accuses ZAFT of dropping Junius Seven and war breaks out again.
>>
>>13952207
The only thing that "ultimate coordinator" means is that he was born in an artificial womb that allowed his development to be controlled completely, whereas normal coordinators that developed in their mothers' wombs don't always turn out as planned. Listen to Rau's exposition during the Mendel labs scene for more information.
>>
>>13955075
Iirc, there was one in Astray as well? Fuck mangas not being canon. And wasn't Rau also brought to life that way? Kira isn't special in any way
>>
>>13955110
I'm pretty sure Seed's manga spinoffs are canon, at leas the first few. Otherwise, you have the gaping plot hole of how Kira survived Aegis's self destruction.
>>
>>13954922
>Every once in a while Kira receives a anonymous email that just says
>Told you I was right
>>
>>13955110
The one in Astray X was Canard Pars, he's supposed to be a failed result from the ultimate coordinator project, but I don't know exactly why he's terms a failure. Gundam wiki claims his abilities are even greater than an average coordinator, though. Fuck if I know if that's wiki being stupid or if it's quoting the manga.

Rau's a clone who was specifically made to be free of shared genes from a mother, but I don't remember if he was born from an artifical womb. It would make sense but I'm running late and can't look up the scene now.
>>
File: TheFuture'ssobright.png (180 KB, 474x399) Image search: [Google]
TheFuture'ssobright.png
180 KB, 474x399
>>13949867
>>13949867
>Rau survived, goes into hiding under the name "Neo Roanoke"
>Finds his way into Phantom Pain
>They help fix his aging issue
>Due to his exeprience fighting Coordinators, becomes one of their field commanders
>Executes an exact copy of his plan to steal the G-Weapons
>Continues to make sure the war gets worse and worse (Destroy) so that Durandal can have the moral authority to crush the Earth Alliance
>Jumps ship to the TSA at his first opportunity, fooling them into thinking he's actually Mu
>Revels that now he can betray Durandal, the only guy with any real semblance of a plan to bring peace to the Cosmic Era
>Gets handed a Gundam for no reason other than he's a good pilot
>Bitchslaps Rey for being an imposter
>Reflects a positron cannon shot to prove he's better than Mu
>Helps install Lacus as leader of a new world order, knowing full well she won't be able to handle all the pressure
>He's seen as a confidant to just about every person in power
>Just like Zala and Durandal, he can start planting SEEDS of doubt and fatalism (Athrun's failures as a leader, Cagalli's weakness in Orb, Kira's failure to save Fllay)
>He's banging the woman who loved the man he hated most every single night
Suddenly SEED gets a lot more interesting, and Rau turns into a 10/10 villain.
>>
>>13955113
Isn't the official stance that if it isn't animated, it isn't canon?
But honestly, I don't care enough about Kira or GS/D. It's retarded, and other than Stargazer or Astray units, they seem lacking.
>>13955125
Thanks for the name. And Gundam wiki is notoriously bad. And as I've said, I don't even care about Seed
>>
>>13955123
Kira never refutes Rau's arguments in SEED though. Rau just kind of died randomly.
>>
>>13955167
He would have died of old age at the end of SEED, so what he died a couple of hours early
>>
File: 2121214151521.gif (3 MB, 280x154) Image search: [Google]
2121214151521.gif
3 MB, 280x154
>>13955160
>>
>>13955160
wut
fuck you, it sounds even worse
>>
>>13955160
10/10 would watch and rewatch
>>
File: 513px-496729642.jpg (37 KB, 513x385) Image search: [Google]
513px-496729642.jpg
37 KB, 513x385
>>13952207
>Ultimate Natural
you rang?
>>
>>13955161
>Isn't the official stance that if it isn't animated, it isn't canon?
They specifically tried to market Astray by cross over Kira's rescue in the manga. This was intentional and even announced before the anime aired.
>>
>>13955075

That was the original intention, but post Seed side material and stuff like Astray and Canard started going with Kira being better even than most Coordinators, and Destiny took that and ran with it, with Durandal saying how powerful and special Kira's genes are.
>>
>>13949867
I heard there is an anime for Gundam Unicorn beside the OVA. Is it true?
>>
>>13959528
No waaaay! Where did you hear that?
>>
Id rather that he was Neo after all and do a redemption path.
>>
>>13949867
>survives his apparent death
>Mwu
I still think he died, but his newtype ghost possessed another clone of Al DaFlaga like Full Frontal.
>>
>>13959565
Too bad that Rau!Neo wouldn't be voiced by Takehito Koyasu
>>
>>13959528
Yeah, it was a ride in Japan that had a third gold RX-0 called Phenex. A grey version of that same RX-0 also appeared in a short for G-Reco called "From the Past to the Future".

Also they're re-editing the Unicorn OVAs to show as a series on tv but it's just going to be a re-cut not a new chapter.
>>
>>13959584
>Also they're re-editing the Unicorn OVAs to show as a series on tv but it's just going to be a re-cut not a new chapter.
ok. disappointed.
>>
>>13959579
why what happened ?
>>
>>13959640
Nothing happened. I was just saying, since Rau wasn't voiced by Takehito Koyasu, a Rau!Neo also wouldn't be voiced by him
>>
>>13955160
the best part is that this can all be implemented with just a change in the subs
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.