[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know /m/ seems to love Aoi, but anyone actually liked the show
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 626x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 626x350
I know /m/ seems to love Aoi, but anyone actually liked the show she was from?

I thought Nova was actually pretty cool, but not as good as the original
>>
>>13949694

A good number of people do, yes. Those people have rather bad taste, though.
>>
>>13949694
The characters, and the last few episodes made up for the clunkiness of the first episodes in my opinion.

Aside from Aoi, Gun Toting Not Rei, Seimi, and Creepy Gendo were all great.

And I loved Will, if only for being able to watch Wakamotto argue with himself.
>>
>>13949706
We all have bad taste in some shape or form
>>
>>13949731
I thought the nova max god was pretty awesome. It looks like if Dancouga fused with a brave, the rest of the mechs were cool too
>>
>>13949732

That's a very big and uninformed assumption to make.
>>
I'll tell you if we ever get those DVD subs
>>
>>13949766
Oh shut the fuck up, everyone has bad taste for some reason.
>>
>>13949786
It won't happen, besides the subs we do have are fine, aside from the quality
>>
It was generally entertaining and was over before it wore out it's welcome. A nice breather show to watch between big huge dramatic ones.

Also I have to admit I love how it threw the odd curve ball here and there.

I think my favorite bit was one episode ending with Nova coiled up by a giant snake robot as a cliffhanger and the next episode just opened with them having decombined off screen and laughing like mad men.

so yeah. overall fun show. Not even gonna call it a guilty pleasure.
>>
>>13949800
I'm still holding out hope. The fucker said he was one piece of typesetting to do.
Must be one hell of a job.
>>
>>13949694
I thought it was about as good as the original. It's not as strong, but it doesn't have to be since it's shorter, and it doesn't have some of the original's biggest failings either.

Plus it threw out a bunch of references to other older shows both big and small, which is great. And I do love how the show kept doing that thing where it builds up as if it's going to do one thing and then does something very different, though I REALLY WISH they hadn't done that with the "Original Dancouga", especially since the thing they were hinting at was fucking animated Final Dancouga for once.
>>
>>13950191
I don't think the Dancouga connection was supposed to mean anything to begin with. The Goshogun nods certainly didn't.
It's just Gravion Drei.
>>
>>13950191

ah good ol Shin Getter Buster

that last episode was pretty damn hype all in all
>>
>>13949694
I found Dancouga to be really disappointing with the terrible animation really killing it for me outside of the sakuga moments which really only happened in the later half
>>
>>13950895
Don't the DVDs have some fixed scenes?
>>
>>13950908
No not that one
>>
>>13950191
What other shows did it reference? I know it referenced the original often
>>
>>13951193
Dragonar, Baldios, Ordian and a bunch of others.
>>
File: dvd.jpg (234 KB, 640x730) Image search: [Google]
dvd.jpg
234 KB, 640x730
Nova is a perfectly... decent show, that had some cool things going for it. The main cast is different than what you'd normally expect, from the glamorous female lead to the extremely friendly base commander. The concept of interfering in conflicts always in favor of the weaker side was interesting, though it kinda got thrown out the window later. And this is the only mecha show I've seen where the organization provides their pilots with regular psychiatric evaluations (from a 15 year old psychiatrist, but still). Makes you wonder how something like that could have changed other shows that rely on their characters having emotional breakdowns.

Probably the worst part of it was the romance between Johnny and Eida, which was terribly written, completely boring and absolutely unnecessary. The villain was kind of underwhelming but entertaining thanks to being voiced by Wakamoto doing a very exaggerated impression of himself. 90% of the budget went into the transformation, combination and attack stock animations, which is a fine decision, but unfortunately the rest looked like shit a lot of the time. The DVD fixes do a lot to mitigate this.
>>
>>13950191
>Plus it threw out a bunch of references to other older shows both big and small, which is great

This is one of the most garbage mentalities to have.
>>
>but not as good as the original
How can one think that when the original Dancouga was soulless garbage?
>>
>>13951635
Watch out anon, you might upset the dozen or so people who like said garbage. Then you'll be in real trouble.
>>
>>13949753
The mecha designs were top notch. Well other than the enemy mechs.
>>
File: r48137Cj163.png (348 KB, 500x419) Image search: [Google]
r48137Cj163.png
348 KB, 500x419
>>
Have the softsubs for the DVD dropped yet?
>>
File: skeleton computer.jpg (92 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
skeleton computer.jpg
92 KB, 400x400
>>13957071
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.